• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

400-550mg will be pretty decent, we usually recommend starting lower (300mg is a good amount for a first experience), but that's not overdoing it either. I don't see how ambien prepared you for this, it is not an NMDA antagonist and has subjectively different effects. Also, I really wouldn't expect visuals from DXM, and if you did get any it would likely be caused by messed up depth perception (i.e. Alice in Wonderland Syndrome type effects) rather than the crazy shit you get if you're prone to hallucinatory effects of the z hypnotics.

What you'll be in for is a mental experience, and people recommend starting low so you can get a taste of it, it wouldn't be any fun if you had an overwhelming and negative experience with the drug (a lot of people don't like it, or dissociatives in general even). Do tell us how it went though.

Hey guys, I am very sorry for reviving this thread. The reason I am reviving it is because I want to report a trip I had yesterday night and send out yet another DXM warning to the community.

I took 600mg of dxm on an empty stomach... I expected to reach a high 2nd plat or a low 3rd. I entered the 3rd. Out of nowhere whilst watching a movie, I was thinking about my life while watching the movie. I came to conclusions about things that are affecting me right now. I saw them in a scary new light. I realized things I think I wasn't meant to. I put on music and closed my eyes. It felt like I was spinning around on my bed and opened my eyes back to normal. CLosed them again and dared nyself to ride it out, out of nowere I cam to some sort of hallway (not as we know it, more like a sense of one) but i opened my eyes and ruined it.

I will never do dxm again. It wasn't scary, nor a bad trip but it wasnt good either. Just neutral.

DXM is now out of my DOC list. Even the first and second platuea seem to be ruined now as I have realized the potential. Oh and it lasted forever had to take sleeping pills to end the second platuea towards the morning.

The DXM dose range is so weird, warning to ALL. Fine line between tripping and having fun.

Gonna send this to PD. Jesus will most likely merge this with the DXM megathread.

I still stand by my admonition that anything over 400mg would not be ideal for a first time dose.

I initially said 300 but 400 at the ABSOLUTE most. Yes, 550-600 would probably be okay and maybe this is personal preference talking, but experiencing the first plateau before the proceeding ones lends a bit more to the experience of the second, as the two are quite different (albeit quite the same, if that makes sense), and the ability to contrast in this manner is preferred.

I'll also echo what NKB mentioned that what you'll be experiencing won't be entirely visual. It's more of an emotional and intellectual state of altered consciousness, no lesser than that of the traditional psychedelics like LSD, but quite different nonetheless. I get closed eye visuals at the higher doses, but they're very dark and boring, like gray squiggly lines, a bit like ketamine or MXE. High dose ketamine allows me to see actual entities, elusive phantasms. I believe these to be actual entities of energy in the traditional psychic meaning of the word, but I've gone off on another tangent.

YMMV.

JSPete would happen to be right. Since you had no questions and just wanted to "warn users" I merged it right away rather than leaving the thread and giving you time to reply. :)

Yikes. I'm awake now and ready to tell about my experience last night.

Starting off the only thing i've really done that's made me hallucinate is ambien. Now this was way different. For the first hour i didn't feel anything, about an hour and 30 minutes in i got really really hot, and music was really nice to.
Then , things started getting really really weird.
My movements started to become mechanical, my vision got really really choppy, depth perception got really distorted. This lasted for about 2 hours.
It got a lot worse after this. I started to notice a giant delay in between me thinking what to say, and when it came out of my mouth. I felt like a little man sitting in a chair in my head. Things started getting weirder and weirder, i called a friend complaining , i walked to go get a friend, i called some more people. Nothing made sense, in my mind i was being "disassembled and reassembled" , it was the most frightful thing ever. I couldn't remember where i was, where i came from, or where i was going. My buddy ended up getting me to bed, but i lied awake for a long long times, being destroyed and put back together over and over. I also came to realize a lot about myself, and i was able to put my emotions into words, it was beautiful.
All in all though, i will never ever touch anything like this again, the horrors that went on in my mind are enough to turn me off from everything.
Thanks for the fun ^○^

forgot to mention:i ended up take 630MG instead of 360-550mg.I weigh 140 :p

Why did you ask for advice if you weren't going to listen to any of it? It wouldn't have been so frightful had you started at a reasonable dose and worked your way up, ya'know, got an understanding of the drug.

teological said:
I took 600mg of dxm on an empty stomach... I expected to reach a high 2nd plat or a low 3rd. I entered the 3rd. Out of nowhere whilst watching a movie, I was thinking about my life while watching the movie. I came to conclusions about things that are affecting me right now. I saw them in a scary new light. I realized things I think I wasn't meant to.

Ooh, this is one of the BEST aspects of dissociatives. Watching movies and thinking that they're directly relevant to your life and contain hidden messages or inspire introspection that heavily reflects aspects of the film. You probably just made a poor choice of a movie, I'd recommend doing it with one you love and are very comfortable with.

Yikes. I'm awake now and ready to tell about my experience last night.

Starting off the only thing i've really done that's made me hallucinate is ambien. Now this was way different. For the first hour i didn't feel anything, about an hour and 30 minutes in i got really really hot, and music was really nice to.
Then , things started getting really really weird.
My movements started to become mechanical, my vision got really really choppy, depth perception got really distorted. This lasted for about 2 hours.
It got a lot worse after this. I started to notice a giant delay in between me thinking what to say, and when it came out of my mouth. I felt like a little man sitting in a chair in my head. Things started getting weirder and weirder, i called a friend complaining , i walked to go get a friend, i called some more people. Nothing made sense, in my mind i was being "disassembled and reassembled" , it was the most frightful thing ever. I couldn't remember where i was, where i came from, or where i was going. My buddy ended up getting me to bed, but i lied awake for a long long times, being destroyed and put back together over and over. I also came to realize a lot about myself, and i was able to put my emotions into words, it was beautiful.
All in all though, i will never ever touch anything like this again, the horrors that went on in my mind are enough to turn me off from everything.
Thanks for the fun ^○^

forgot to mention:i ended up take 630MG instead of 360-550mg.I weigh 140 :p

That's because you took 10 mg/kg. That's an incredibly high dose for anybody. I waited until I had been doing half that dose for 6 months to try that level of DXM. You should have started with a fifth of that dose and worked your way up. I hate to say it like this, but what you did was patently bullheaded and dangerous. You could have had a cyp2d6 enzyme deficiency and ended up in the hospital like that for a week. You could have ended up with serotonin syndrome because of some research you clearly failed to do. I hope you take this as a lesson to do more research before you jump blindly into something you think you understand.

And try taking 300mg. You'll notice that it's a completely different kind of experience.

Lemon Juice on DXM Poli

Tried it today. It does not work.
It feels the same as it would if i were to take the bottle, its taking forever to kick in still.
Just putting some information because it is a myth at the moment and im just saying its bogus.

^^Probably didn't work because drinking lemon juice does nothing to enhance a dxm trip.....now extracting with lemon juice is a diff story. What the hell were you trying to do with the lemon juice?

OP, I'm probably going to close this, since it's kind of a pointless thread with no question to answer nor possibility of discussion (and it's unclear exactly what you're getting at). We let things stay open before doing anything to new folks' threads, so feel free to weigh in/clarify.

The lemon juice was an attempt to use its acid to remove the polisterex coating, to make the trip stronger and kick in faster.
It did not work, however, but something interesting did happen.
The trip took even longer to kick in, but the weird part is, it kept getting stronger and stronger for almost 6 hours!! It got stronger than one bottle of delsym ever would have gotten. I was for sure at a 3rd plateau even though delsym makes it impossible to get there. Even weirder is that this peak lasted for another 4 hours. I was at least at the second plateau for at least 24 hours.

The only things that we(me and my gf) did that could have effected this trip to be this powerful and long with just one bottle of delsym are:
We took ecstasy the night before, but they were bunk piperazines, so I dont know.
It soaked in lemon juice for 2 hours.
We drank a lot of gatorade as we heard that it helps it kick in faster.

I have done this drug countless times, and a majority of those being a 5oz bottle of delsym. This time with the same dose, It was insane. And it wasn't just me, my gf had the same exact thing going for her.

What a new year.

I did, but you moved my thread to a place where people will not see it so now I probably will not get an answer.
Thanks a lot for the crucial safe knowledge that I crave.

While some of our subforums encourage a new topic to be created for every question (BDD for example), PD is not one of them. We try to keep things neat and tidy, due to the breadth of discussion we allow, and threads will be merged with the appropriate B&D thread at some point unless the topic is interesting enough to warrant its own thread.

People do check these threads to answer to questions. If you look at this one, or others, I think you will notice that.

dxm and the reflexes

is over exaggerated reflexes a symptom of brain damage? or just a side effect of long term use. I only happens to me when i go on dxm binges where its almost like i cant control my hand movements and its kind of scary..any information on this would be very helpful