• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

That's impressive, but yeah any appreciable dissociative dose for me will leave me completely unable to sleep for 24 hours. I'll usually just lie down in bed for the 8 hours I should be sleeping (to let the vertigo pass and messed up thought patterns pass), and my mind will wander off and think dream-vision things I won't remember, but I won't ever actually sleep.

I go days without sleep when I trip on DXM. I normally take 900 milligrams on Friday, then 600 milligrams on Saturday and Sunday and pass out the Monday night.

DXM can effect you very very differently depending on person and mood, i used to do it almost daily for a little over a year from dosages around 300mg up to about 1.5 grams.

the actual duration of high and afterglow can be tricky to determine when you're smoking due to it's synergizing qualities.

I'd say a 1st or 2nd dxm plateau trip, the actual trip will last you about 5 hours and a long-lasting feeling of just brain-dead, restlessness and confusion (the "afterglow" of dxm).

On high level doses of non-extract, the time released dxm like dxm HBr time release or DXM Polistrex I've tripped for over 24 hours straight. Considering the rate it metabolizes you need a higher dose but those trips can last well over 12 hours, easily (not recommened though, the metabolism rate can change from person to person as well, and considering you need higher doses with these, it can end badly).

Thanks for the tips - but seems I am still where I started. I guess if I want to avoid syrup/puking I need to stick to those long-lasting pills. Or if I want a shorter high I can man up and try to chug down some of that gooey mess. I guess I was more asking if there is anything anyone has taken that combats the long lasting stimulating effect of DXM and allows them to fall asleep while still tripping. But perhaps it's unwise to mix anything with such an intense drug in the first place.

FYI, gonna merge this with the appropriate B&D thread within the next 24 hours.

Also, it would definitely be unwise to mix DXM with any powerful CNS depressants to try to get to sleep. Just choose when to indulge when you can afford to be a sleep deprived zombie the next day, 'tis what I do.

I have never had it last 10 hours. And usually, i can go to sleep very easily after the peak (which may feel like 10 hours due to the time distortion , but is usually only few hours or so) . If you are not doing anything obviously stupid, such as what the above person said about taking the time released dxm, and if you are not exxagerating
the duration in your head, it is quite possible that you have are low in the liver enzyme that metabolizes it. this does not mean you have a bad liver, it just means that
everyone has different amounts of various enzymes, since birth. wikipedia suggests that 1 in 10 caucasians do not produce much of the enzyme to metabolize dxm.
if thats the case, the dxm stays in your system longer, and you have higher levels in your body. There is nothing you can do about this. you simply cant do dxm and
expect to be sober in a reasonable amount of time. your body simply doesnt metabolize it at the normal rate.

There isnt a solution.

Hmm. Well a couple of you seem to think I have an enzyme deficiency, but some of you are also saying it makes you insomniacs too.. so who knows. And apparently the '8 hour' gelcaps are just plain ol DXM. Although I do find the high is longer lasting and less intense than when I drink the syrup. Anyway. Seems there's not much I can do. SLeep deprived zombie sounds about right. I guess I'm just not used to the lack of freedom from being back home.. now I get to be all sneaky like back in the old days.. :p

DXM and Cimetidine

Despite this experience, I am amazed at how well Cimetidine has potentiated DXM for me today.

Okay, so here's my situation: Been using DXM (@2.817mgDXM/kgWIEGHT but one time last week as well as right now I'm @ 5.634mgDXM/kgWIEGHT) a little more than every other day for the past week. Say, four out of the seven days. Today is the end of the binge...

Anyways, I hadn't taken DXM for about 40 days before I indulged again last week. I also had stopped taking the piracetam and choline bartartrite I had been using for a very long time.

Now, I'm on suboxone maintainence. Today I took:
----------------------------------------------------------------
t-2.00: 2.5g Piracetam & 3g Choline Bartartrite
t-1.00: 1.5 cups strong coffee
-------
t+0.00: 5.634mgDXM/kgWIEGHT (in other words about 460mg DXM HBr)
t+1.15: 1000mg Cimetidine
t+2.00: 8mg Suboxone (with ethanol to increase sublingual BA)
t+2.15: 125mg Benedryl/diphen
t+2.45: 600mg Cimetidine
----------------------------------------------------------------

How much do you think I'm destroying myself with this (specifically this) combo?

Regardless, I must say. Fucking fuck yea do I feel good. Not fucked up good. Just healthy euphoric. Heh, well, probably not that healthy ;)

And as an aside Cimetidine is EXCEPTIONALLY useful in potential the psychedelic/dissociative aspect of DXM. And some suboxone on top just makes this cake superb. perb. Cheers!!! %)

While I don't have any precise info on hand to prove this (gotta make dinner so can't look it up right now), but I really don't think you should do more than 600mg of cimetidine .

It's not going to kill you or anything, but from what I've read 400mg seems to be plenty to potentiate, though some people go higher. Taking in excess of 1g is unnecessary, and not too healthy for you.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Good to know too, concerning the stuff is kinda expensive around here. And as far as I'm concerned, the more less is more, the better life is. If you catch my drift... ;)

DXM and Tachycardia

Hi i am an avid DXM user my dose is 600 mg. and i have noticed the tachycardia associated with it. Anyways i dont have a blood pressure checker so how high (BPM) does the heart rate get up to? any risk for cardio problems in the long run? I dont have heart problems im just curious

Help please help me fast! (DXM)

I am 14 (yes I know I am very joung) I have only taken DXM 6 times the shortest distance inbetween was only 2 weeks. I have never mixed my doses with other drugs. I have only taken PURE 30mg capsels with no other subtances in it. I waigh 60kg (before i waight a little more now a little less like 1 to 3 kg) and I am 174cm big. I am very athletic.
(all my doses of DXM were never above 300mg I have never went above the second pletau usally I just go to the beginning of it because other wise it makes me feel to stupid!)
No to the real problem I have had a hangover (It felt like I was high for 2 weeks !!!NOT FUNNY!!!) that lasted 2 weeks the last time I took DXM well after those to weeks it started over again I noticed all the side effekts like fast heard beat, swaet breaks, drowsiness, short term memory, depresions (wich is very common for people in my age to have) and stuff like that feeling difrent like a little drunk. And it wont go away yesturday was the third week and it still isent gone yes it has gotten better but I feel it got worse today. Like today I woke up at 5am and had short dreams. I was only like half a sleep and I was ale to wake my self up but when ever I closed my eyes and fell a sleep I had wierd dreams. I woke up about 20 times and each time I had a new dream. Now I feel a little drowsy and I have been having depresions(AGAIN!!!!!)... I am so close to telling my parents about the whole situation and going to a docter. But I am scared becasue I ahve had verious drug problems befror.

I Havent taken any drugs in the last week and wont take any ever again I jsut want this to stop what can I do how long will it take.

If you dont help me its jsut a matter of time I will tell my parents...

If it stays this way for ever I might as well just comit suiside.... kill my self then it will be better ...

you will be fine, whatever is happening to you is more than likely psychological at this point. Also, don't kill yourself over this, plenty of times after using dxm for months i felt like i had brain damage, but really i was just too fucked up all of the time. I'd be willing to get that you were just having an off day, plenty of times i feel disconnected or strange without even touching a drug.

try not to worry about it and i bet it'll go away

you will be fine, whatever is happening to you is more than likely psychological at this point. Also, don't kill yourself over this, plenty of times after using dxm for months i felt like i had brain damage, but really i was just too fucked up all of the time. I'd be willing to get that you were just having an off day, plenty of times i feel disconnected or strange without even touching a drug.

try not to worry about it and i bet it'll go away

So you dont think I should go see a docter about it? Arent those long term damges you have? I meen you get that feeling with out having touched it? How old are you and how long have you been doing it?

thank you though ...

do you take any other drugs at the moment? if yes, then you should quit them too (especially weed). also don't be stupid and think about killing yourself. imo it is not very likely that you stay this way "forever". if you consider going to a doctor, then do so. you took a strong psychoactive drugs numerous times in a short space of time. shit happens, but you really should try and pull yourself out. you're only 14, man, it will be alright. :)

good luck

ps: exercising helps me really to get rid of nasty thoughts and puts things in perspective for me. i started riding my bike very often to get to places last summer and it really helped me stay sane ;D