• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

gunna bump this lol . very experienced with K. love nitrous. mxe is good but not as good as K. would do pcp if i could get it. K is far and away my favorite drug i enjoy it much more than lsd or mushrooms at this point. i find it very odd so many people say to "eat better drugs than DXM" no tryptamine or phen i have eaten gets me half as close to K wonderland so i just cannot take those comments seriously. saying that; i have never done DXM. is it likely i would get something beautiful out of it even at this point? gotta say i am really intrigued and have read through most of these pages but still would like some insight if anybody is a similar case to me ;)

DXM shares some similarities with other dissociatives like the ones you mentioned, but it is not nearly as enjoyable, in my opinion. DXM seems to have more negative effects like heavy body load, itching, nausea/upset stomach, etc. I don't experience any of those effects besides the body load with the dissociatives I've tried (Nitrous, K, MXE, 3-MeO-PCP, and 4-MeO-PCP), but even then, the positive effects from those drugs far outweigh the negative effects. It's different for everyone though, some people really like DXM, whereas personally I could go without it for the rest of my life and not miss it too much.

Don't get me wrong, I used DXM dozens of times before trying any other dissociatives, and I have had some incredible experiences, but I wouldn't necessarily go into it expecting it to be the same as K or MXE. It's also worth mentioning that there is a cross-tolerance between all NMDA receptor antagonists, so if you currently have a high tolerance, you may want to postpone trying DXM for a few weeks while your tolerance goes down.

May or may not get some dxm soon. Recently got access to nitrous. Although nitrous is and will be fun by itself, it is short lived. Any experienced users think this combination may be worth while, to keep the experience rolling in a second plateau for example and blasting off with nitrous through out the experience?

Ok so i'm Dexing tomorrow rain, hail, shine, or depressed as fuck.

"Zyrtec," contains: Cetirizine hydrochloride 10mg per pill. Works effectively against Dextromethorphan's awful histamine reaction (for me.)

Picked up "Telfast NON DROWSY" contains: 180mg Fexofenadine Hydrochloride per pill. Anyone have experience with this? Is it a suitable anti-histamine effective against the histamine reaction?
I cannot stand histamine reactions after abusing codeine in embarrassingly high doses, before i knew the effectiveness of anti-histamines.

DXM is contraindicated with certain non-drowsy antihistamines. a google search brought up this thread at drugs-forum.com, which i clicked for shits and giggles.... but then realize its actually one of the few well-written and cited posts i've ever seen over there. https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33767

as far as its effectiveness rather than its safety, though, idk.

Tonight, I intend to take my first DXM trip. I have two bottles of Robitussin gelcaps. Both contain 20 caps at 15mg. Unfortunately, I'm unable to weigh myself but I tend to weight between 180 to 190 pounds, roughly. Should I take one bottle for the first plateau or is my math all wrong?

One bottle will be a low second plateau trip at your weight. However, for your first time taking DXM you should take no more than 100mg. About 5% of people have a liver enzyme deficiency that causes them to metabolize DXM differently. As a result, small amounts of DXM affect these people very strongly. 5% is a decent chance that you will have that deficiency -- think of 20 people you know. Odds are at least one of them will react to DXM extremely strongly.

If after three hours or so 100mg doesn't effect you much then it is safe to take more. Probably another 200mgish on top of that would be reasonable for your first time.

Happy journeys, be safe. :). DXM can be pretty enlightening if approached with the right attitude.

One bottle will be a low second plateau trip at your weight. However, for your first time taking DXM you should take no more than 100mg. About 5% of people have a liver enzyme deficiency that causes them to metabolize DXM differently. As a result, small amounts of DXM affect these people very strongly. 5% is a decent chance that you will have that deficiency -- think of 20 people you know. Odds are at least one of them will react to DXM extremely strongly.

If after three hours or so 100mg doesn't effect you much then it is safe to take more. Probably another 200mgish on top of that would be reasonable for your first time.

Happy journeys, be safe. :). DXM can be pretty enlightening if approached with the right attitude.

Thank you!

may i suggest NOT tripping dxm when you're coming down off cocaine, k. u likely won't sleep for a few hours.

Smoking cigs feels like doing whippets when I'm dexxing. Definitely worsens nausea, though.

So...i have a long history with dxm, been doing it fairly regularly since I was 16 (10 years or so)... Used to be able to drink bottles of robitussin without even flinching and never had any sort of gastrointestinal issues. But now the last several attempts I've made have been complete disasters. I thought it was just the menthol at first getting to me, but after repeated attempts and multiple strategies I know its not just that. I have the same problem with gelcaps, with extractions, even with fucking delsym. Idk what the deal is.

I have heard of people getting a "psychological" aversion to the taste/smells of syrups and the taste of DXM in general. It has been said these people will even get nauseous at the very sight of the bottle, let alone the smell...that would suck.

I reckon I drank around 500 bottles before I got to the point that the smell made me sick. Same thing with the cough gels. I don't take DXM much anymore, but I extract it and cap it up when I do and it still gives me a sick feeling for a few minutes. Weed takes care of that though.

Hey. Couple questions. I'm trying to surf the top of the first plateau wave, I prefer 'cleaner' dissociation like our heavenly Father MXE or Mother Mary K for higher levels of dissociation.

So with that said, how long does some standard DXM hbr as the only active ingredient in robo syrup take to kick in on an empty stomach, probably drank about 1/2, not quite a 1/2 though, somehwere around 100mg of dxm, of the bottle chased with some gulps of a Heineken Light brew. Had a couple glasses of wine beforehand. Like I said I plan on keeping the dxm dose low, same for the alcohol.

Am I going to be feeling dandy soon? (I hate the effects of the higher level plateaus and I have ingested high amounts of dxm many times back in the day.)

Would a gram of fungus help things out?

i find that it takes longer to kick in on a totally empty stomach. you don't want to be too full, but eating a single slice of buttered toast or something similarly light seems to speed thigns up.

a single gram of fungus might double as a trip booster and as a light meal. ;) might be a waste of fungus, but if you have some you don't mind potentially wasting then yeah.

i find that it takes longer to kick in on a totally empty stomach. you don't want to be too full, but eating a single slice of buttered toast or something similarly light seems to speed thigns up.

a single gram of fungus might double as a trip booster and as a light meal. ;) might be a waste of fungus, but if you have some you don't mind potentially wasting then yeah.
I had 2 small slices of cheese pizza, I suppose it has more protein than bread alone and possibly some cool vitamins in the sauce.

Decided a gram of cannabis would be more appropriate. Something delightful is taking hold of me, and it sure as hell is not the poison that is alcohol. Thank you Robo Jesus please save me from alcohol and stimulants, O how I have sinned so much lately, save me!

drink plenty of water :) godspeed
Ya I have a cold too, that is great advice. Who knows, that entire bottle of tussin may not be safe in the garbage where it now sits. These effects carry a lingering entheogenic feel unlike the abusiveness of speed or alcohol, perhaps the cannabis will synergise nicely with dxm?

Highest I ever dosed was around 900mg (10 mg / kg), enhanced by cannabis. I think I traveled a bit on that one. I was listening to certain songs during the peak of that trip, and to this day I get mild flashbacks when I hear those songs. Rushes of euphoria and memories of being 'somewhere else' I can't quite put my finger on - somewhere that gave me a deeply spiritual feeling.