• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

With my dissociative tolerance i usually need to dose around 1.2 grams of pure dxm hbr to hit the third plateau. But in my high school days 600mg would set me straight.

Is there anyone here who is sensitive to DXM yet experienced with the substance? I have taken it twice, and plan to take it again, even though I seem to be one of the sensitive ones. There isn't much information on the subject, only people mentioning the enzyme deficiency. There's nothing about how safe it is to take in these circumstances or how the effects vary by dosage.

This sensitivity transforms DXM into a completely different drug, that's why I'm looking for more information about it. Personal experiences and useful tips are welcome. :)

I might be sensitive to it... or maybe I just know its effects very well. I can feel a noticeable head change with only 30 milligrams. The last time I dosed with 186 mg, I was having quite a nice time looking at some very complex CEVs, this after a medium-sized toke of some low-grade cannabis, to which I'm also intolerant. The CEVs weren't bright and in-your-face like the classical psychedelics I've tried (LSD, shrooms, mescaline), but were much more intricate and detailed (3D rotating landscapes, particle simulations, refractive surfaces, etc.). My eyes were also involuntarily crossing and I was getting that "visual chaos" people describe at much higher dosages.

So yeah, I'm probably sensitive to it. To me dexing is pretty much like frying, but with more interesting visuals and a less-appealing body load :)

To everyone,

About my previous question: Will ethanol destroy DXM in a concentrated solution over time? Alcoholic cough syrups usually only contain 4%, which leaves some doubt in my mind. I'd like to hear your opinions soon, or else I'm going to have to find another way to split up my powder. An yeah, I've utfse'd the subject, but it seems that nobody stores their DXM this way; they only use alcohol when dosing (to aid absorption).

I have dilluted dxm hbr in water before for storage/dosage purposes but in the case of ethenol i dont see a problem with that seems like same concept. I have used everclear before with dxm to aid an extraction and the dxm content and potency seemed uneffected the dxm was exposed to the evercleaer for at least 20 hours and no change was present.

dextrodoctor,

May I ask how much DXM and water you used? I've got 5 grams of DXM HBr, and wish to make the most concentrated solution possible. It will still taste nasty, I'm sure (I sampled 2 milligrams; it was very bitter), but it should be better than chugging all that nasty syrup.

Oh yeah, what is your experience concerning the absorption rate of DXM/water compared to DXM/alcohol compared to syrups or pills?

Well the solubility of DXM Hbr is 1.5g/100ml room temp water so in your case I would use around 13-14 ounces of water it may not be most concentrated solution possible but that would ensure that it all gets dissolved evenly. I have used 30 ounces of water with 10g DXM hbr and got satisfactory results, the solution will taste terrible but is easier on the stomach than syrup, making it easier to keep down.
As far as the absorption rate would go im assuming your trying to maximize DXM intake while limiting DXO conversion, And when trying to do that the dissolved solutions are the best way to go. But me personally i don't notice a difference untill it comes to things like pills (which take forever) or delsym (where alot is converted into DXO).

DXM Tolerance Question

I have used dxm for about a year now and have devolved quite a tolerance. I'll admit that at one time I'm pretty sure I was addicted dosing every other day as high as 1500 mg on some occasions. But since then I have got a better handle on my dxm use using maybe once a week. My theory is that by only using about once a week and only taking 354 mg my tolerance will slowely decrease as I'm not taking anymore of the higher doses. Does that sound right? All answers are appreciated.

You should have posted this in the DXM thread.

Currently, I'm doing DXM everyday. I think your theory won't work, but if it does, please post again and let us know.

How do you do dxm everyday? I couldn't imagine doing that. What's your dosage?

I have to urinate often, and I sweat a lot, on DXM. I think this is due to inpurities in the cough syrup building up in my system since I'm a daily user. Sometimes I get pseudo-spasms, like, I just want to move my body spasdomically. I don't get diarhea usually, although it has happened before!

The only way tolerance will decrease is if you stop taking DXM entirely. Taking small doses won't reduce existing tolerance, it will just make tolerance develop slower.

Well the solubility of DXM Hbr is 1.5g/100ml room temp water so in your case I would use around 13-14 ounces of water it may not be most concentrated solution possible but that would ensure that it all gets dissolved evenly.

Ah, the keyword I wasn't using: solubility. Thank you, Dex Dr. According to InChem's DXM page:

Solubility in water 1.5 g/100 mL at 25 C
Soluble 1 in 10 of ethanol

Your estimate of 13-14 fl. oz. is slightly on the conservative side, which is good.

I'm not sure if their ratio for ethanol describes volume or weight... I'm leaning toward volume. There is no mention of how well it maintains in ethanol, but I'm guessing it's a long time if kept away from light.

With either solution I'll still be doing good, I do believe.

As far as the absorption rate would go im assuming your trying to maximize DXM intake while limiting DXO conversion, And when trying to do that the dissolved solutions are the best way to go. But me personally i don't notice a difference untill it comes to things like pills (which take forever) or delsym (where alot is converted into DXO).

I've had decent results from both standard and time-release preparations. Can't figure out which is better though... With regular DXM you get a faster onset, faster comedown. With DXM polistirex, the trip takes longer to progress, and it's easy to stay wake all night, but the afterglow is so much better for some odd reason.

Redosing DXM

I dosed 900 mg at 1pm, 600 at 4 pm, and it is now 11 11 pm. Im considering redosing on another 900 mg to achieve the cev's and listen to my headphones. How does this sound like it might work out

I eat like a gram a day, in two or three doses. I'm uhhh.. disgustingly decadent. I'm trying to evolve my brain into a DXM brain. It might be crazy, but that's okay. I guess I'm addicted, but that's okay with me as well!

So are you high like 24-7? How can you sleep and function normally like that?

Badly. The best way to get mileage - and that wonderful colorful, spiritual, introspective high - from DXM is to dose at about 200mg every three hours with white grapefruit juice until you're there. No need for massive doses my friend. Your current approach will likely only produce a blurry drunk fucked up feeling, which if that's what you're after - just drink - lower staggered doses with the potentiator is the ticket. And oh btw, be VERY CAREFUL with this - that white grapefruit juice will make a WORLD of difference. Do not underestimate this drug or it will kick your ass like no other.

Also, as a quick addendum, there is no need to post stories of heroic doses of drugs for respect here. We pretty much equate that with stupidity and immature attention seeking. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on this one because the doses you claim are incongruent with the question that contains them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, as a quick addendum, there is no need to post stories of heroic doses of drugs for respect here. We pretty much equate that with stupidity and immature attention seeking. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on this one because the doses you claim are incongruent with the question that contains them ;)
What was the point of saying that? First off the doses I said were nowhere near heroic.
Second, it was completely relevant to what I was asking, I think it wouldve been difficult to answer my question without that info.

I might be sensitive to it... or maybe I just know its effects very well. I can feel a noticeable head change with only 30 milligrams. The last time I dosed with 186 mg, I was having quite a nice time looking at some very complex CEVs, this after a medium-sized toke of some low-grade cannabis, to which I'm also intolerant. The CEVs weren't bright and in-your-face like the classical psychedelics I've tried (LSD, shrooms, mescaline), but were much more intricate and detailed (3D rotating landscapes, particle simulations, refractive surfaces, etc.). My eyes were also involuntarily crossing and I was getting that "visual chaos" people describe at much higher dosages.

So yeah, I'm probably sensitive to it. To me dexing is pretty much like frying, but with more interesting visuals and a less-appealing body load :)

Thanks for your great reply. :) I believe you are sensitive to it. I have never tried smoking cannabis on DXM, even though each time I took DXM I was presented with the opportunity. I felt so horrible, I thought smoking weed could in no way make the experience better (although I seem to be very resistant to weed's effects), and I feared tripping worse and more intense. I trip very badly on DXM, I hate the drug really, but it is incredibly mysterious and sort of out of this world I might say.

It seems DXM affects people who are sensitive to the drug differently since there is very little DXO conversion. I've found that the high DXM:DXO ratio is responsible for the extreme side effects (muscle spasms, heightened reflexes, jaw clenching, shivering, twitching etc.) I have while on the substance. Do you or anyone else experience things like this? These side effects weaken my body a lot, and it just doesn't feel safe at all. I feel sick and mentally deranged on DXM, but at the same time it violently throws my subconscious in my face, which makes it a great learning tool. I'd guess (as I've never tried one) DXM is similar to a deliriant for people with this sensitivity.

It's so annoying I feel this desire to try the substance again, I'd go higher since I felt better on my third plateau trip than on my second, but it was so tiring on my body I'm afraid to do it again. Is there any way to achieve a third plateau mental state without feeling like I'm incredibly sick? Maybe a lower amount of DXM combined with something else?

The sleep is a problem. I usually only snag like 4 hours a night, and then after a few days of that, I sleep in for like a good ten hours. As to my function... I have no function right now, so being high 24/7 is fine. I can ride the bus, read a book, go shopping, and even pass a few classes at community college just fine.

The tolerance is a weird thing. If you get really tolerant to DXM, it's like a different drug completely. I just feel kind of ghosty, protected, and fatigue-less when I'm high. Rarely do I get a "trip" any more. My gait seems to be permanently odd, but I think it was always that way?