• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

BTW, do you happen to be on a MAOI or SSRI? I was on 100mg zoloft for a couple years without knowing these drugs are dangerous to mix with dxm. Fortunately I never had any serious reactions, but I noticed once I got off my SSRI my dxm trips were more potent and clear. Just a thought. Good luck.

Nah not on MAOIs or SSRIs, though I did take a tetracyclic antidepressant (mirtazapine) until very recently and still had the drug in my system when I last used DXM. That was probably a stupid idea (tetracyclic's can still lead to serotonin syndrome from what I hear). I was actually wondering myself whether or not that affected the intensity or general feeling of the trip.

Not counting serotonin syndrome for a sec, do you think being on antidepressants would effect the intensity of a trip (as in make it less intense)? Because I didn't get any opened eye visual effects (like tracers) during my last experience and just felt fairly drunk.

Next time I use there won't be any antidepressants in my system though.

Yeah like I said I can definitely feel the difference off/on my ssri when using dxm. Its not as intense for me, at least not the effects which I would prefer to be intense. It seems to increase negative effects and decrease positive ones... I think this might have been your problem. Time will tell. Let us know if otice a difference.

Had an awesome trip today in the woods. Perfect fall weather. Had an awesome trip report too but then my computer crashed and I hadn't saved it. Fuck. Im coming down now and I feel like Im going to forget everything. I think I had some real revelations, too. This sucks.

Anyone ever start making involuntary noises... Almost like chants or loud rhythmic hums in the upper plateaus? I did this for the first time the other day while listening to music. It surprised me and I was like WTF but I couldnt stop doing it.

Use the edit button to add onto your posts in the future. Please avoid double posting.

~Never

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an awesome trip today in the woods. Perfect fall weather. Had an awesome trip report too but then my computer crashed and I hadn't saved it. Fuck. Im coming down now and I feel like Im going to forget everything. I think I had some real revelations, too. This sucks.

DXM can create state-dependent memories, so the next time you trip on it, if you focus on your last trip you might be able to remember some of what you had written.

DXM can create state-dependent memories, so the next time you trip on it, if you focus on your last trip you might be able to remember some of what you had written.

Awesome. Hopefully i will.

Does anyone have experience with the agent lemon extraction? I was wondering if thers any way to make a big batch and save the extract? Does it go bad somehow? And what conditions should i store it in?

Anyway... I dont think I added enough naphtha... I did everything by the book and added 1/10 the amount of my ammonia/syrup mixture but I could never get the clear naphtha layer to form... I shook the hell out of it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ did you make sure to get non-sudsy ammonia?

i've never actually done the extraction btw, just read it over many times through the years

^^ did you make sure to get non-sudsy ammonia?

i've never actually done the extraction btw, just read it over many times through the years

I got wal mart brand ammonia which is specifically the kind used in the guide. I didnt see non sudsy variety and it didnt appear to have suds

i don't think it'll be labelled "non sudsy"... you've gotta shake it up and see if it suds up.

wal mart probably changes their ammonia fairly often, idk how old the guide you used was

could also be not enough naptha, like you said

what type of syrup did you use?

Cvs brand tussin, only active ingredient dxm hbr. No guaifenesin or other shit. I added more naphtha and yielded a slightly larger amount of clear liquid on top, but something was still not right so i ended up scrapping it. I will retry again after more research or i figure out what went wrong

Last edited:
I've noticed that taking omega 3 fatty acids for some time before tripping (a consistent dose of fish oil daily for a week prior and during) drastically makes the experience feel less confusing and a lot less chaotic if that makes any sense.

I got wal mart brand ammonia which is specifically the kind used in the guide. I didnt see non sudsy variety and it didnt appear to have suds

My first attempt at agent lemon I got ammonia from Lowe's that said clear ammonia. During the extraction I ended up getting a lot of suds so I scrapped it. I looked very closely on the ammonia and it said it contained surfactant.

If you get the extraction to work make sure you turn it into dxm citrate because if I recall correctly I remember reading dxm freebase will degrade into dxo rather quickly if not used right away.

i have a question for all you dxm people. one day i was at work and i ate a bunch of cough drops that i later realized had dxm in them. about a half hour after eating them i realized that my body felt kind of numb?!? Nothing other than that happened. Could i have accidentally gotten a bit of a buzz off the dxm in the cough drops. it was kinda cool :)

Yes, you could have gotten effects from the DXM in them. Please check out the links contained in the first page of this thread for more info on the drug.

yeah, even small doses of dxm (less than 100mg) can produce a bit of a buzz. i think dxm cough drops are either 10mg or 20mg a piece, so.

Hi,

Would DXM HBr powder mixed straight into 80 proof vodka have a long shelf life?

Last edited: