View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ For me, any of those lingering emotions have always dissipated by the time the trip is over (within 5 hours of ingestion). Granted, I haven't experienced the utter devastation of ego with it yet, but some of my DPT trips have been extremely intense, much more so than any of my high-dose mushroom experiences; however, as with the latter, the strong emotions that nothing will ever be the same and I will be insane forever have never lingered the way they can sometimes do after a powerful LSD trip, for instance.

Thanks, that sounds alright - I'm really psyched about this stuff, it feels about time to get smacked across the soul again and merge with the source.
I wonder if they'll ever call this stuff the 'businessmans matinee trip' ;)

Gawd, I'm sitting here with colleages whose highlight of the weekend is told like they are astounded: "I slept over at some friends and they had a tub and no shower!!!". u_u

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

So is omniscience is my second guess.

Say you don't have a truly traumatic experience but you sincerely get your ass handed to you... how long would one approximately need to get their act together?

For instance with DMT it all works so fast that even when I have an experience where I am utterly convinced I've gone raving mad forever more, after 10 minutes I snap out of the loopiness and after about 2-3 hours I'm completely fine. Actually much quicker, after MAX 1-2 hours I would probably be fit for duty.

So I understand the possible devastation, possible bliss and so on, but do you feel there are things that linger? Have you ever had a DPT experience that really affected you for quite a while, hindering you in some way, and at what dose?

Well, chemically, DPT does linger for quite a while longer then DMT...but I've experienced no trauma from it thats lasted. Except being gobsmacked almost permanently by the entire world :) I would suggest giving yourself a good 6-7 hours for a big DPT dose; try and meditate before hand, add some calmness to what could be a nervous mind, take dose and fly, then allow some downtime where you may feel a bit 'weird'. Though- I've had some annoying peripheral stimulation that took quite a while to wear off several times; other times, I've been basically back to earth and glowing within 2~hours.

I dunno, if you find DMT makes you feel loopy, DO expect DPT to do something very similar and possibly more extreme, and more longlasting...though if you achieve emptiness/egoloss, your basically safe. I have had one moment of EXTREME panic on DPT; that lasted for about 5 seconds :) Its a benign drug, but very very intense.

^Well, I mean physically benign, but mentally intense...but yeah, DPT is a molecualr paradox so....yeah. :)

^ Well, you could actually say it's mentally benign as well, when it comes to after-effects. At least I've never heard of anyone having permanent (or long lasting) negative after-effects from DPT. That probably doesn't mean it's not possible though.

Very interesting.

I only get loopy from DMT when I do it too impulsively. It's such a massive flood that I have to be ready to get washed over and relax. That requires emptying the mind on forehand and (pre)meditating. When those conditions are met it is fantastic and while out of this world it is very acceptable as an 'isolated' experience.

Received my DPT today, it's brown almost like a pyrrolidine compound or something. Purportedly the purity is 98,5%

Well, this morning I only took a quick glance before going to work - after coming home and taking a better look it looks more like cocoa actually, and a little clumpy like even 4 mm pieces. It doesn't smell bad though, not at all, the little smell I do sense is a little like DMT. What is your DPT like?

Don't know when I'm gonna try it yet, first have to figure out my starting dose snorted.
What should one take for a mild trip? Just enough to see what it's like but not overwhelming?

I actually find DPT to be more intense than DMT, probably because of the extended duration

^ Well, you could actually say it's mentally benign as well, when it comes to after-effects. At least I've never heard of anyone having permanent (or long lasting) negative after-effects from DPT. That probably doesn't mean it's not possible though.

Daniel Pinchbecks groovy NY apartment got haunted by a poltergeist after he used it- luckily though, he knew a witch who was able to flush it down the toilet :\ (ie: Pinchbeck is a twat)....

Well, this morning I only took a quick glance before going to work - after coming home and taking a better look it looks more like cocoa actually, and a little clumpy like even 4 mm pieces. It doesn't smell bad though, not at all, the little smell I do sense is a little like DMT. What is your DPT like?

Don't know when I'm gonna try it yet, first have to figure out my starting dose snorted.
What should one take for a mild trip? Just enough to see what it's like but not overwhelming?

My DPT is a white powder.....Start with a 10mg dose (sniffage); that will give you threshold effects; you could push it to 20mg- maybe try some sex/masturbation because at low doses it is very erotic....

I actually find DPT to be more intense than DMT, probably because of the extended duration

I agree. Though intensity is such a subjective term, DPT is more akin to salvia then DMT is. To salvia. If that makes any sense whatsoever.....Not saying DPT is LIKE salvia though....hmm. The thing that makes DPT more extreme is extended duration, slower come-up, and utterly coherent hallucinations everywhere, to the point that open-eye-vision is useless.

Sick...

yeah I read Breaking Open the Head, at the time I never thought I'd get involved with stuff that could do that but IIRC he didn't weigh his dose and he doesn't actually know all that much about psychedelia but he does about shamanism. That makes it a small surprise that it went out of control in that field.

Are you saying that while DPT is not like salvia, it clubbers you over the noggin (breaking open the head :D ) in a similar fashion - including much disorientation...?
What are the chances of doing things you're not aware of? With salvia you're in a totally other world - I've never broken all the way through with DMT but I pretty much trust my body leaving it. Is DPT so debilitating that you won't like... stuble and wreck your place? Is a sitter needed more than with DMT but less than with salvia?

One Friends Comment was
DPT is like Nightmares with eyes open.

But i truely imagine that is because he is an Aliester Crowley loving mother fucker.

Now, I imagine if you are blasting Shpongle//OTT//Hallucinogen, while on DPT
it will probably sort of overpower it.

The power of musics my friends, it truely influences a trip.

They are all into Velvet acid Christ, and Reading grimoires and things like that.

meanwhile i dunno, i guess im the neutral "light" entity.

All i have to say is, if they were able to do "what they normally do" being scare the pants off each other while on DPT.

But were incapable of doing that, on 4-ho-mipt...

The Psychological Intensity i think is more voracious with 4-ho-mipt.

DPT, was insanely intense, but it wasn't anything that i couldn't handle.

It was spectacular beautiful It split open my head, but the problem is ;)

It didn't but it back together, lol It kind of leaves you to do that.

in the words of Rocky "Do It" nothing on this earth could probably prepare you for it,
Short hand of actually having a near death experience. I suggest you eat a banana, or 3 before doing it, I heard this drug saps potassium somewhere, so i didn't puke or feel disoriented. I felt "out of control" one the molecular level.

One Friends Comment was
DPT is like Nightmares with eyes open.

But i truely imagine that is because he is an Aliester Crowley loving mother fucker.

I'm a huge fan of Crowley and chaos magick; if anything, DPT brought me closer to 93 :) Chemognosis :D Truly, if a drug was to be used for magickal purposes, DPT and DMT are the best candidates for obtaining what could be unobtainable (to the concious mind) information.

Do what thou wilt.....:)

Are you saying that while DPT is not like salvia, it clubbers you over the noggin (breaking open the head ) in a similar fashion - including much disorientation...?
What are the chances of doing things you're not aware of? With salvia you're in a totally other world - I've never broken all the way through with DMT but I pretty much trust my body leaving it. Is DPT so debilitating that you won't like... stuble and wreck your place? Is a sitter needed more than with DMT but less than with salvia?

Well, a sitter is always adivsed, but not always practical :\ I find DPT to be pretty manging ie. it makes me quite shakey and jelly-like, so lying down is the ONLY option. My comparison to salvia really only applys to my own experiences with the two, in that both have taken me to a similar place where all concenus reality has gone, whether I open my eyes or not. DMT has done that also, but in a way where by I stillknow I am on a drug.

To be honest, I don't think DPT is all that "frightening"; if anything, its utterly blissful and hilarious- I usually find that my 'body' is laughing the entire time, and the absurd imagery, often presented by some otherworldy, lovercraftian entity (a kindly Cthulu ;)) in a very humuourous way. It intense and immersive (like salvia) but much more enjoyable. Dive on in- there is no harm related to DPT use, and I think its use as a true entheogen by the C.O.I.L is relatively valid. Its a true mind-expander....darkness often comes before light can illuminate it, such is DPT. DMT is a straight path to the rainbow however....

I've said this before, but the imagery of DPT is very taoist/hindu- lots of curly symbols and dark rushes, plus vibratory elements; I've dismissed things like "OM" before, but both the sound and feeling of OM have possesed me on DPT.

Happy flight...:)<3

Been following this thread for a while, and the dosages and experiences seem to be all over the place 8o =D gotta be careful when I try it...

The power of musics my friends, it truely influences a trip.

Very true IMO, I tend to listen to stuff like Jimi Hendrix or Hawkwind when using DPT as they do influence the trip in a positive way. The thought of something like Nine Inch Nails on DPT is a tad disturbing as I think it might go downhill rapidly

I would gladly describe the deeper and more personal facets of all of this; especially the DPT state, and I don't want to come across as obsessed with superficial characteristics of drug intoxication - but I feel that these more important and constructive levels are wholly related to my own person and might be of little use for anyone else.

I feel you are wrong, and these are the kind of details that make a trip report truly great. It may be of great use for someone who can't grasp what to expect from a psychedelic experience through the various vague conceptual language used to describe it usually. Giving concrete details like this can help a lot of people be prepared for their own psychedelic journeys.

I feel you are wrong, and these are the kind of details that make a trip report truly great. It may be of great use for someone who can't grasp what to expect from a psychedelic experience through the various vague conceptual language used to describe it usually. Giving concrete details like this can help a lot of people be prepared for their own psychedelic journeys.

True that. I can go as far as to say that I found DPT to be a lot more about oneness, love, compassion, smiling and sex than about weird OCD artifacts in my mind. It was a spiritual experience to an extent that other psychedelics haven't provided for me yet. This may have been due to a relatively high dose (with spacing providing a smooth ascent into the visionary state) or to my set and setting, but I get a distinct feeling that this substance is not "kidding" so to say. Very little lasershow (though still an extreme, overwhelming lot of that during the absolute peak) and very much transcendence, oneness and such.

Being in nature was an absolute bliss; a much needed escape from a civilisation which unknowingly aims to diminish the value of human souls in favour of obsessive hygiene and futile attempts at perfection.

I hope that was something worth knowing. It sure was for me, first-hand.

because I know of the vasoconstrictive effects that psychedelics in general do have.

In general, psychedelics are not vasoconstrictors, in fact other than the ones that are MAOIs, they're relatively safe drugs as they don't interfere with bodily systems that are essential to life (unlike say opioids which bugger breathing, or stimulants that do dodgy things to blood pressure, theroregulation etc)

Do you mean that he was suffering some sort of after effect, obv. negative, after using DPT? In what sense...?

In the sense that he was tripping so intensely, trying to run any sort of business was a complete non-starter (too immersed in the experience)

Just crushed some DPT + R-ketamine lines and snorted the mixture - this. is. bliss...

R isomer ketamine - you sure? I've never heard of any R isomer ketamine doing the rounds as it's got no clinical use (& making optical isomers is generally a pain in the arse)

Status
Not open for further replies.