View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not gonna say where it's from but I believe I now tried both stereo-isomers seperately and it clears it up a bit for me...
First the S-ketamine came and it was much too sedative and fucked up physically, after that I did R-ketamine for a while which was not sedating at all but more manic and edgy, mentally it was totally mad. No really! Just give me racemic, it's balanced :\ Whew what a run OK I can smile now :D

Oh and since this is the DPT thread: I found a relatively low dose of that mixed with K and snorted together grand!
DPT and nitrous together is heading for seizure city but DPT is awesome! I just don't wanna take so much because
the product I have burns hard and it sounds like you need to keep an eye on that experience, still. I still want to vape some
deemsters on a bit of (not too much >> disorientation!) ketamine and see where I end up, maybe in a weeks time :)

Last edited:
In general, psychedelics are not vasoconstrictors, in fact other than the ones that are MAOIs, they're relatively safe drugs as they don't interfere with bodily systems that are essential to life (unlike say opioids which bugger breathing, or stimulants that do dodgy things to blood pressure, theroregulation etc)

I was under the impression all (well "all") tryptamines were vasoconstrictors. I've never seen my vessels look dilated while under the influence, in fact they're always tiny, or at best medium-sized. I also tend to feel numbness in limbs though this could of course be related to some more complicated behavioral mechanism 8)

^Up the nose works well. I have found DPT somewhat unfriendly, though I am unfairly comparing it to DMT. For a starting dose, about 40-50mgs insufflated will be a strong enough experience. I haven't injected DPT in any manner as yet....Be aware, DPT is quite a shakey ride I have found; well worth it, but creepier then DMT, if you'll allow such a description.

DPT makes me sing. DMT scares the living shit out of me. Damn, I need to find a.............

Here he is :)

NSFW:
waldo0.jpg

Last edited:
I was under the impression all (well "all") tryptamines were vasoconstrictors. I've never seen my vessels look dilated while under the influence, in fact they're always tiny, or at best medium-sized. I also tend to feel numbness in limbs though this could of course be related to some more complicated behavioral mechanism 8)

DOB is sucha a vasoconstrictor it can kill you if you take too large a dose. 33mg could be the end of life.

^Well, I mean physically benign, but mentally intense...but yeah, DPT is a molecualr paradox so....yeah. :)

There's more than one report about serious heart problems caused by DPT and experienced users that ended up in the hospital on Erowid (I guess you've read them).

Just out of curiosity, what do you have to say about that?

DOB is sucha a vasoconstrictor it can kill you if you take too large a dose. 33mg could be the end of life.

Yeah, DOB and DOI are both strong vasoconstrictors, as is DOC, although not as bad. On DOI once I was worried I would have heart issues, after I ripped my bong. I laid in bed for hours near panic as my heart raced endlessly, despite deep breathing and calming music. DOB has made my limbs numb and given me pains.

DOM is the only DOX I've tried so far that has very little vasoconstriction.

I'd say that 's just the type thing someone wants to hear before taking a strong psychedelic. LOL (as I chicken out and put my one little dose I've saved for a few years away yet again.)

Really though, I have read some of those reports and maybe everything was ok physically except the fear factor and distorted view of the physical body? However I got a little scared the first hour of 2CI in that it was way speedy but that passed once I got my first smile and the trip began. I'd have to believe DPT is safer on the body. Just a guess. I know some people thought they were having heart attacks on mj but we all know it was just the panic reaction that just got worse as people scared themselves.

^I don't get the feeling that they're describing panic attacks. Maybe the extreme reactions was due to impurities in the samples, after all it's been around since the '50s and there's no known deaths caused by DPT (that I know of anyway?).

But I can't deny that really like to find out more about the statement "physically benign". I'm actually in the same situation as you. I've tried a lot of psychedelics but this one I'm feeling a bit worried about so I kept my DPT for a couple of years now. Although, at the moment, there's no need to "bunker up" for me (it's totally legal where I live) I would do if I like it just half as much as others tryptamines I've tried. :)

There's more than one report about serious heart problems caused by DPT and experienced users that ended up in the hospital on Erowid (I guess you've read them).

Its a possibility that DPT may have some cardiac issues in some people some times....but generally, speaking, it doesn't. Most sertotnergic psychedelics will get the heart racing- too much of that is not good of course.

^I don't get the feeling that they're describing panic attacks. Maybe the extreme reactions was due to impurities in the samples, after all it's been around since the '50s and there's no known deaths caused by DPT (that I know of anyway?).

But I can't deny that really like to find out more about the statement "physically benign". I'm actually in the same situation as you. I've tried a lot of psychedelics but this one I'm feeling a bit worried about so I kept my DPT for a couple of years now. Although, at the moment, there's no need to "bunker up" for me (it's totally legal where I live) I would do if I like it just half as much as others tryptamines I've tried. :)

Physically benign in the sense that it, in and of itself by its MOA and in reasonable doses, is not dangerous. Obviously there are overdose issues, and that accounts for the trp reptorts on erowid. I personally have taken up to about 175mg in several lines; I was safe. It would seem that pushing it higher and using IV is where the danger lies. I don't believe that it presents a danger to healthy humans who use it wisely. That said, I myself probably didn't use it wisely- maximum dose should be between 60-100mg's IMO.

Insufflated 60 mg and after a good half an hour of shitty burn and drip / throat irritation I really got to see what others have mentioned before: it's kinky, has a sexual aspect and shaky at the same time. I really have a problem with those tremors...

it is fantastic material though <3

(Also, everything up until this point has been reorganized into the combo subthread and dosage & MOA subthread :) game on)

^^Would you dissuade from insufflating then? Vaporizing maybe? I only have HCl though.

Well I'm not gonna say where it's from but I believe I now tried both stereo-isomers seperately and it clears it up a bit for me...
First the S-ketamine came and it was much too sedative and fucked up physically, after that I did R-ketamine for a while which was not sedating at all but more manic and edgy, mentally it was totally mad. No really! Just give me racemic, it's balanced :\ Whew what a run OK I can smile now :D

Oh and since this is the DPT thread: I found a relatively low dose of that mixed with K and snorted together grand!
DPT and nitrous together is heading for seizure city but DPT is awesome! I just don't wanna take so much because
the product I have burns hard and it sounds like you need to keep an eye on that experience, still. I still want to vape some
deemsters on a bit of (not too much >> disorientation!) ketamine and see where I end up, maybe in a weeks time :)

Why is nitrous and DPT heading for seizure city? Pretty sure I've done that combo a couple of times.

If DPT is a dark brown granular substance, has it decomposed/oxidized?

The last batch of DPT I recieved is like you describe. Works fine :)

Guess its minor impurities.

I recently had my first DPT +++. I had on a few occasions previously taken between 30 and 50 mg insufflated, producing mild just noticeable effects. On the recent occasion, I took 70 mg insufflated following an evening of 4-MMC use (200 mg oral and 300 mg insufflated over c. 4 hours), and about an hour after the last 4-MMC dose, perhaps. Not very sensible, I know, given that both drugs are implicated in heart problems and 70 mg was higher than any DPT dose I'd previously taken not in combo. Impulsive drug-related decisions and 4-MMC seem to go hand in hand, I find; and I intend to avoid 4-MMC in future.

Anyway, aside from a somewhat racing and prominent heart beat during the come-up, which subsided upon lying down and relaxing, it was a very positive experience. Full cognitive psychedelia, and nice visuals. I'm guessing the 4-MMC may have potentiated the DPT, because there was such a step-up in strength of experience from my previous 50 mg doses (which were barely psychedelic at all); and because 70 mg is, as I understand it, a relatively low dose.

At the peak, there was a clear fine grid overlaying all of visual space (familiar from higher doses of mushrooms, and from >60mg oral doses of 2C-C (although the 2C-C 'grid' is more rounded, mosaic-like for me), from my experience), there were strong but hazy trails, and there was a spatiotemporal wave of spatial frequency distortion. In other words, in a wave-like fashion, any given portion of visual space was alternately contracting and stretching, back and forth, in all spatial dimensions.

Oh, and during the come-up, everything was washed with yellow: really quite distinctly so. Given that one adapts to changes in average colour, that might have persisted throughout the trip but with me adapting to it and not noticing after a while.

I guess these are all fairly generic psychedelic visual effects, and I can't - from one experience - do the uniqueness of DPT's effects justice. Perhaps just because of the chemical relatedness of DPT and DiPT, I am struck particularly by the correspondence between the most prominent visual effects of DPT and the most prominent auditory effects of DiPT. Where DiPT produces a high-frequency sound overlaid over everything else, DPT (and other visual psychedelics, of course) has a high-spatial-frequency grid overlaid over everything else. Where DiPT produces frequency-modulation of perceived sounds (wobble in voices, 'vocoding' robot-sounds etc), DPT produces spatial-frequency-modulation of visual space. It suggests to me that there may be commonalities in how the brain processes auditory-frequency and visual-spatial-frequency.

Anyway, lovely stuff. I look forward to further trials with it, without 4-MMC though, in future, I think.

That's interesting. I didn't find mephedrone and dpt complimented each other at all. They seemed to pull me in opposite directions. DPT makes me want to lay down and enter into it. Meph makes me go go go. When I combined them I ended up writing some maniacal bullshit poetry. Wont ever take them together again. I also doubt I'll ever try meph again.

That's interesting. I didn't find mephedrone and dpt complimented each other at all. They seemed to pull me in opposite directions. DPT makes me want to lay down and enter into it. Meph makes me go go go. When I combined them I ended up writing some maniacal bullshit poetry.
Oh, I wouldn't say they complemented one another. I suspect the meph potentiated the DPT (just because I got quite strong effects from 70 mg DPT), but that's just a guess as I've never had 70 mg DPT on its own. But the effects of DPT seemed to overwhelm those of the meph (once initial racing heart subsided). For the duration of the trip I was lying down, immersed in the experience; and I was more able to sleep after the DPT subsided than I'd expect to be at that stage after taking meph.
Wont ever take them together again. I also doubt I'll ever try meph again.
Yep, with you there. I was finishing off a bag of it, but I'll stick to methylone and other MD**s in future, I think. I've recently started seeing for myself some of the nastiness of meph that I'd read about (compulsive use; worrying heart rate well into the following day, etc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.