View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that DPT seems to get through to the ego sooner than other psychedelics, as compared to the other psychedelic effects. Even in a dose which produced no visuals, I could feel a strong disruption in the sense of self, which resulted in a spiral of thoughts concerning the nature of me and, curiously, a pretty strong conviction that I was somehow female in nature (I am a male) as well as other convictions (not set in stone rationally, more like gut feelings) regarding my personality. It proved hard to grasp that I could somehow be all that happened while the attributes I tried to use to sum up me became flawed seen from another perspective.

Yes, it's fascinating how it inspires thoughts associated with ego dissolution as well as the plain sensation of ego dissolution. I assume it's just a coincidence, but I've experienced ego death four times - twice with ayahuasca, once with DPT, and once with 5-MeO-DMT - and the degree of cognitive and visionary psychedelic effects that are associated with ego dissolution compared to the sheer overwhelming sensation of ego dissolution correspond in their proportions to each chemical's ratio in that graph. That is, with 5-MeO-DMT I pretty much just found myself suddenly dead - just the pure, abrupt, sensation of it. With DPT I found myself having a vision wholly mediated by my subconscious whose symbolic content reflected the lead-up to ego death (see excerpt below to get the idea), and during both times with ayahuasca I was consciously fixated on the idea of the self-concept and its lack of tenability and was having visions relating to its destruction (things like masks - identity - slipping from skulls or turning inside out).
I was at ground level peering into a shifting field of tall grass in moonlight. Diaphanous tigers crisscrossed my field of vision and wound through the undergrowth, their black stripes transformed into transparent fissures cut clean through their bodies. Then, in one fractional moment, the wind parted the grass and the tiger's ruptured stripes marshaled in line so that I could suddenly see a great distance through both the tigers and the field. That world froze and I flew through the divide and into empty night. Everything turned inside out with a terrible ripping sound and an electric jolt, and I hovered above it as a bare locus hearing my own disbelieving utterances: "that was it!" "this is it!"--yet I provided no impetus to those words. They were the rustle of grass shifting in the wind.

Hey psood0, would you link to the original thread that graph was posted in?

I find this very nicely to combined with DXM. Took about 500mg DXM and 150mg DPT plugged after DXM started fully working.

any one know if the temple of true inner light is still around and how they can be reached?

Was wondering that myself--would be interesting to meet them. I emailed them asking for additional reading materials but they never responded.

Tried DPT for the first time yesterday. Wow.. This substance is amazingly deep, it really takes you for a ride. <3

My dose was 120mg of the HCL insufflated during the course of ~40min. First 50mg, then the remaining 70mg, about 30-40min later.

I was hit full force by the effects at the one hour point. - I was listening to music on my headphones laying on my couch. Btw, music sounds absolutely fantastic on DPT. - I was facing a window with the blinds down, from my position on the couch. Everything started shaking violently. The blinds covering my window almost being torn apart. I felt a strong buzz engulfing my entire body with a warm vibrating energy. At this point I decided to close my eyes.

I was now propelled into the DPT space. At first I was launched into this tunnel of fractal geometry. As I travelled further in the complexcity of the structure seemed to increase. I was no longer thinking in normal thought patterns, I seemed to only exist in this tunnel.

At this point, there was alot going on. Im not sure how to explain it, but I was accompanied by this benevolent force, it felt like light was flowing through me. A healing force, the source of life, maybe. I don't know. Alot of stuff going through my mind now. - Life and death. Heaven and hell. Human psychology and culture. The way our thoughts and emotions are constructed. The cause
of all our suffering. It was all being laid out for me to see. It all seemed so apparent.

This was beautiful yet terrifying. I remember sitting up on my couch as my music playlist had finished. The sun had set now. But the room was still somewhat lit up by this soft warm light coming out of cracks in the wall, and from between the blinds on my windows. This force was still with me, and I remember thinking; this substance has so much potential, I can't be the only one feeling this? Everybody must see this! It felt like I had been fooled my whole life, scammed into this excistence of suffering and lies, and now I had seen the truth.

Time. I had to appear somewhat functional within the next few hours, and so I tried to reconstruct myself into a more normal form of being. Not easy, my thoughts kept spiralling away whenever I tried to organize them. I checked my watch, 1 - 1.5h had passed.

The trip subsided slowly over the course of the next 2 hours. I was left with this warm glow that lasted until i fell asleep about 6-7hours after dosing.

I must admit I was a bit caught of gaurd by the sheer intensity of the experience. This is some powerfull stuff. I probably should have started out with a lower dosage. My experience with psychedelics is limited, and this is my first tryptamine. Lesson learned. I will approach this one with the respect it deserves from now on.

This stuff is about to be popping up all over the place. A few fairly popular vendors are planning to list it. One has already.

I'm excited :D

What is a good dosage for an experienced user for a good breakthrough experience for snorting and for smoking? (Yet not in overdose territory?)

Obviously YMMV, but help me experienced BL'ers.

never seen purple IME.

btw, i suggest turning it to freebase and smoking it.
Its more potent that way (if your opposed to IMing it, and im not sure about IMing purple DMT)

What is a good dosage for an experienced user for a good breakthrough experience for snorting and for smoking? (Yet not in overdose territory?)

Obviously YMMV, but help me experienced BL'ers.

Try anywhere between 30mg-100mg (snortin); that'll get you broken through. Err on the side of caution though, a lot of people find 30mgs or roughly to be pretty intense. I usually take about 80-100mg's snorted.

I have DPT purchased in 1999 that is still just as good as when it arrived in the mail. This is still bar none my favorite research chemical. My preferred route of administration is via vaporization, and was lucky enough to purchase a large amount of crystallized freebase from a vendor right before they went out of business. It's probably about 9 years old and also still as potent as when it was first acquired. Some DPT I've gotten is pink, some is white, and the freebase is a light violet color. All are equipotent. Insufflated doses are preferentially in the 50-100mg range, smoking about half that. Past that the body load and tremors tend to get uncomfortable and detract from the experience.
I have not found DPT visuals to be as elaborate compared to other psychedelics (ie-2ct7, 2ci, 4acomipt), but the body high is amazing. It is not too introspective like LSD (something I do not enjoy), and is not necessarily very forgiving at higher doses. DPT can be uncomfortable or even frightening for those not used to strong psychedelic experiences. I particularly liked it to top off other tryptamines (5me0-, 4aco- series and AMT) since it is relatively short acting and greatly enhanced the peak of longer lasting substances.
Back when RCs were first sold, it was the least expensive and most available of tryptamines but seems to have mostly disappeared until recently. Hopefully this rediscovery will not draw too much attention to it, as this one is a real gem!

I have DPT purchased in 1999 that is still just as good as when it arrived in the mail. This is still bar none my favorite research chemical. My preferred route of administration is via vaporization, and was lucky enough to purchase a large amount of crystallized freebase from a vendor right before they went out of business. It's probably about 9 years old and also still as potent as when it was first acquired.

How have you stored this compound for 9 years? Would airtight and dark be sufficient, or does this one require low temperatures as well?

Dark, airtight, room temperature. Nothing special. Most RCs I have keep perfectly well for years (some going on decade) this way. The only thing so far that seems to have lost some potency was some 5meoDIPT I had a long time ago. But that was a vial that was being opened frequently.

How have you stored this compound for 9 years? Would airtight and dark be sufficient, or does this one require low temperatures as well?

I've been storing certain tryptamine and phenethylamine compounds since 2000. The PEAs are kept in a dark, dry container at room temperature. The tryptamines are kept in a dry, dark container that is stored in the freezer. All are stored in airtight vials, some were sealed in a CO2 environment to keep them free from oxygen.

So far, all seem ok. Some of the tryptamines have slightly darkened, some still look white. None of what I have tried has seem to lose any potency.

4ho and 4aco DET samples have turned black over the last 7 years but still plenty potent when assayed about 1 year ago. Most of my trypts have not changed though. I think PEAs would not degrade even if left in a ziplock bag - they are pretty stable.

^ ^ Wait, could you please explain the graph to us? What are the bars measuring? And what does it mean that LSD is neither up nor down? And what's that second LSD doing there? My curiosity is piqued. Peaked, I say, peeked!

I just saw this post today and thought I'd respond.

16246005.jpg

The bars indicate relative affinities of different compounds for the 5-HT2A and 5-HT1A receptors. The affinity is simply an indication of how tightly a compound binds to a specific receptor. This ratio may be important because the two receptors have opposing roles (activation vs. inhibition) in pyramidal neurons in the cortex, which are thought to play an important role in the psychedelic activity of certain 5-HT2A agonists. These neurons are essentially filters (many inputs, one output), meaning that Huxley's concept of the brain as a reducing valve may have some merit. Any compound with a value greater than 0 has higher affinity for 5-HT2A than 5-HT1A. The converse is true for compounds with values less than 0.

It's also important to note that this is a logarithmic graph, so a value of 1 means that affinity for 5-HT2A is 10x the affinity of 5-HT1A.

2 = 100x, 3 = 1000x...

Data points marked with (*) are from published data gathered (not tested) by the NIMH's Psychoactive Drug Screening Program. The rest of the data points were measured by the PDSP.

Last edited:
How does it feel snorting DPT HCl? is it painful at all? I read that it has a terrible taste to it but i dont think that's too much of an issue.

And if you can, compare it to snorting 2c-p. That's the only thing i've ever snorted and it was hell for 20 minutes lol

And I was thinking about snorting 50 mg's for my first time with this, any reason that'd be a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.