• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

You are going to have a hard time finding anyone who has enantiopure DOM. So your 2 x dose theory is false. 5 mg racemic DOM HCl from a direct source, matching melting point, were very much active for me. Albeit not what I was looking for, and not too intense for me personally.
Would agree R-DOM is basically going to be impossible to source. In theory one could do it themselves, but you'd need a good bit of DOM powder to play around with. I don't think the tartaric acid process is particularly difficult, but working at micro scale is a skill in itself.

Wish I had grams of DOM laying around.

Had the same with some of the DOM I took a couple years ago, supposed 11mg, barely felt it.

I believe @Psychestim also had DOM tested recently and it was also massively underdosed.

I don't know how accurately blotters used to be dosed, but some people are way more sensitive to DOM than others. Unlike other DOx where people seem to react somewhat similarly to similar doses.
It's interesting that some people are less sensitive to it than others, I wonder if that relates to why the original tablets ~1967 were dosed so heavily. Also I got my DOM as crystal, looks vaguely similar to a more powdery version of champagne molly if that makes sense, a little brown but not more than most other phenethylamines ime. I'm pretty hard headed with most other psychedelics (LSD, N-benzylated phenethylamines, 2C-B, ayahuasca, etc) so it may also just be related to that.
You are going to have a hard time finding anyone who has enantiopure DOM. So your 2 x dose theory is false. 5 mg racemic DOM HCl from a direct source, matching melting point, were very much active for me. Albeit not what I was looking for, and not too intense for me personally.
I need to run a melting point soon, I only reagent tested it and trusted that, though numerous methods of verification would be much more reliable. I wouldn't say that 7.5-10mg isn't active, it's just so subtle that I forget I'm tripping until I look down a hallway and the perspective does that horror movie thing where what's far looks further and what's close looks closer, but then I just feel like I'm on 4-6 30mg Adderalls again for like an hour before anything else happens that even remotely resembles a psychedelic over a stimulant.

I did however use 16mg of liquid DOM as a launching pad for 3.6mg of 25C-NBOMe on blotter to try to spice up the boring DOM, and I found that it's one hell of an enhancer. That 25C really shined in that context, so I think I'm going to explore other crosses of psychedelics with DOM.

I did however use 16mg of liquid DOM as a launching pad for 3.6mg of 25C-NBOMe on blotter to try to spice up the boring DOM, and I found that it's one hell of an enhancer. That 25C really shined in that context, so I think I'm going to explore other crosses of psychedelics with DOM.
That's pretty stupid combo in pretty stupid amount. Kids don't die this at home.

Read what's linked below for possible explanation why first pills were so strong.

Now that is an interesting read.

That's pretty stupid combo in pretty stupid amount. Kids don't die this at home.

Read what's linked below for possible explanation why first pills were so strong.
Fascinating info, ty for the link! And I agree about the dosing being super reckless, nobody else should follow that by the number of mg, but perhaps instead by this.

The tabs of 25C elicit threshold effects at half a tab consistently around the sheet, I took 3 tabs, meaning six times that. Psychonautwiki has 25C's threshold at 50 mics, so if that's true and I'm really not getting threshold effects from quarter tabs on numerous occasions, does that maybe imply that of the 1.2mg I'm absorbing 100 mics? I may be incorrect in that thought, but if it is true and somebody gave me pure crystal 25C and asked me to replicate the experience, I would do so by trying to get 300 mics of 99% pure 25C, of course assuming it was all freebase so I don't have molecular weights to worry about.

The DOM was the same, threshold for me is with ~3mg of the material I've got, and if we use the same resource as about (psychonautwiki) then 500 mics of DOM is a threshold dose, meaning that I seem to have material that's 1/6 DOM 5/6 seemingly inert cuts if we go by the same logic as above with the 25C. That would mean that to replicate this with assured 99% DOM I would try to replicate this with ~2.5mg of DOM.

On top of that, I'd taken 10mg, waited 2 hours and took another 6, meaning that to replicate this perfectly with assuredly 99% materials, I would:
* Take ~1.5mg DOM.
* Wait 2 hours before taking ~1mg DOM.
* Wait another 6 hours (8 since the initial DOM dose) and take 300ug 25C-NBOMe.

As much as I currently believe in this concept of finding a threshold and using that to try to establish a rough percentage of purity, I'd love to hear from others here on what they would recommend as a potential alternative or improvement.

Please take care of your sources, ensure that your compounds are verified clean and their dosages known. You are playing a very dangerous game. I would highly suggest not combining NBOHs or NBOMes with anything but the greatest respect, and a healthy body - if at all. They are extremely unpredictable and not the safest class of compounds. After my very worrying trial with what appeared to be a reasonable dose of clean compound, I've pretty much decided to leave this class of compounds to in vitro research, personally.

Please take care of your sources, ensure that your compounds are verified clean and their dosages known. You are playing a very dangerous game. I would highly suggest not combining NBOHs or NBOMes with anything but the greatest respect, and a healthy body - if at all. They are extremely unpredictable and not the safest class of compounds. After my very worrying trial with what appeared to be a reasonable dose of clean compound, I've pretty much decided to leave this class of compounds to in vitro research, personally.
I'll keep that in mind for sure, can I ask what you experienced that put you off of N-benzylated phenethylamines? Bupropion, 2C-B, MDA, DOM, cannabis concentrates, blue lotus, caffeine, and ephedrine are all things I've experimented with mixing with 25C-NBOMe in low amounts, and of them the only ones I found interesting were MDA and cannabis concentrates.

I also want to reiterate that mixing any N-benzylated phenethylamine with anything stimulating can be very, very dangerous. What I didn't think about before mixing it with Bupropion was the fact that Bupropion inhibits CYP2D6, an enzyme partially responsible for many drugs' metabolism. I haven't found data on if that enzyme relates to 25C-NBOMe, but enzymatic reactions like that can very easily kill if mismanaged. About ten hours had passed between taking the Bupropion iirc, but it still noticeably shifted the experience into a shivery serotonin syndrome-y feeling. It honestly reminded me a lot of a time that when taking harmaline and LSD, I accidentally took my daily dose of 300mg Bupropion alongside the acid as to "not forget my meds", overlooking the potential harmaline interactions. Very well could've killed me but the 500 mics of LSD simply had me oogieing and boogieing all night at an open air concert, walked ~7 miles to get there and back, but I was pouring sweat and shivering well into the next evening.

Also, whenever I've mixed things with ephedrine it's always less than 50mg total, always in a ratio of 25mg:200mg ephedrine:caffeine.

Last edited:
I'll keep that in mind for sure, can I ask what you experienced that put you off of N-benzylated phenethylamines? Bupropion, 2C-B, MDA, DOM, cannabis concentrates, blue lotus, caffeine, and ephedrine are all things I've experimented with mixing with 25C-NBOMe in low amounts, and of them the only ones I found interesting were MDA and cannabis concentrates.
Those in bold are very dangerous combos, and that's sure. You are risking a lot. More so with unreliable potency. 2c-b combo is probably less dangerous but still a very bad idea. I think even caffeine should be avoided. Blue lotus and weed shouldn't be problematic.
As for dosing stuff of unknown potency, there ain't a good way to do that.
And I'm sure you are not absorbing just 100mics from 1.2mg tab. Unless you hold it just a very short amount of time. I used to hold tabs for 20 - 30min on my gums and/or under tongue.

Those in bold are very dangerous combos, and that's sure. You are risking a lot. More so with unreliable potency. 2c-b combo is probably less dangerous but still a very bad idea. I think even caffeine should be avoided. Blue lotus and weed shouldn't be problematic.
As for dosing stuff of unknown potency, there ain't a good way to do that.
And I'm sure you are not absorbing just 100mics from 1.2mg tab. Unless you hold it just a very short amount of time. I used to hold tabs for 20 - 30min on my gums and/or under tongue.
If I'm absorbing more than 100 mics from the tab, then a threshold dose must be higher than 50 mics. I let them sit for half an hour but there's always an inevitable amount of saliva that ends up swallowed, sadly.
I had read this days ago and didn't connect the two usernames, it sounded like you'd made the 25E-NBOH yourself right? I'm curious about how the imine was formed between the 2C-E and o-anisaldehyde, I've heard from other chemists it's easy to mess up. When I read your thread it seemed like you had an anxious response to the drug and didn't actually verify any genuine physical toxicity with the thing with your hand. I've yet to have a drug or combination induce anxiety for me, but I'll certainly keep it in mind.

I'm very careful with giving these to other people, I've only done it with two other people bc with both I've consumed in excess of 1mg of LSD before and I've seen them handle it well. I could see N-benzylated phenethylamines absolutely ruining somebody psychologically if they aren't already the type who could handle say, 5-7 tabs of acid and 60mg of dextroamphetamine. I think there's an inherently higher risk of psychotic reactions to psychedelics that are also highly stimulating.

The things I've received of unreliable potency have all indicated the end of my relationship with that vendor, but if I find them consistently weak I'll still try to use them, at least in the case of this 25C and DOM. Especially because I can't find any other sources for those two compounds at the moment. An interesting note is that even gel capped these tabs of 25C seem to be active, just not as intensely as sublingual administration. It's confusing as fuck because eating even 3-5mg of 2C-C shouldn't have the effects nor duration that eating these tabs has, but they were given to me by somebody who claimed they'd tested them so I ate 4 and found myself tripping try realizing it wasn't acid, even though I thought that eating an NBOMe would render it inactive. Others have encountered this too but claimed they had no effects when putting the tabs in gel caps, though I still seem to get the same effects as not using a gel cap.

Bluelight is not the right place for synthesis discussion - but it is a well-documented reaction easily followed by TLC.

I'm equally torn apart between this having being a purely psychosomatic and real physiological reaction. Both explanations seem equally likely.

Let's just say that I'm no stranger to either psychedelics or stimulants. So that reaction really caught me off-guard.

Anyways, this is straying further and further from the original topic at hand - DOM. I'd be interested to hear if and with what yours is cut - analytical testing is overdue ;)

Oh, and NBOMes and NBOH may very well be active oral, or at least some of them.

Just got some 5 mg blotters - same as 8-9 years ago from GG! Been looking for this one and 2C-E as my missing pieces of Shulgins magical half dozen for a long time. Love the others! In this thread and at other places it does gets mixed reviews. Only other DOx I've tried is Aleph1/DOT, and we got along well. Love all Shulgins sulphor compounds warmly! I have a normal sensitivity to psychedelics in general, and some slight perma tolerance to 2C-B and LSD from more or less weekly imbibing. Right now I think my first trial ought to be 2,5 - 3 mg as I'll need to be basically funktional (which I normally can be on 50-60 mcg LSD). Does my reasoning seem right? If you can compare, could you give a rough equvalent for mg DOM to mcg LSD?

Just got some 5 mg blotters - same as 8-9 years ago from GG! Been looking for this one and 2C-E as my missing pieces of Shulgins magical half dozen for a long time. Love the others! In this thread and at other places it does gets mixed reviews. Only other DOx I've tried is Aleph1/DOT, and we got along well. Love all Shulgins sulphor compounds warmly! I have a normal sensitivity to psychedelics in general, and some slight perma tolerance to 2C-B and LSD from more or less weekly imbibing. Right now I think my first trial ought to be 2,5 - 3 mg as I'll need to be basically funktional (which I normally can be on 50-60 mcg LSD). Does my reasoning seem right? If you can compare, could you give a rough equvalent for mg DOM to mcg LSD?
Just to emphasize: DO NOT combine DOT or any 4-sulphur compound with anything else (cannabis is ok). DOT is a potent inhibitor of MAO (the sulphur on position 4 of the ring substitutes for oxygen and inhibits the enzyme). 4-MTA is a good example of just how much these compounds inhibit MAO.

would xanax work to "abort mission" with DOx compounds, or the 2-Cx's for that matter, like it does with LSD? I've found that xanax really helps when the trip's ended and I want to sleep. It also helped me deal with the freakout of having my first out-of-body-space travel-being directed through space by aliens-experience (2 hits needlepoint lsd and 3 No2 charges in one balloon). Though a wonderful experience, I had that "I'm going crazy" thing going through my mind, and the trip took a stressful turn. Some xanax helped dissolve the anxiety and mellow the trip out. I got wonderful sleep and 8 hours later I woke up feeling better than I could ever remember, ready to start my last semester of college and kick ass.

Does anyone have any experience with using xanax to end the longevity of DOx compounds? I'd like to try it sometime, but if I didn't like it I wouldn't want to deal with it for such a long time....Pete Townsend said he HATED it(DOM). he did take it on a plane though haha
I've mixed Etizolam/Deschloroetizolam with DOM, 2C-B, LSD, and many others, and it definitely dulls things but also eliminates potential anxieties. DOM has required me to take (what would, without the DOM) easily be blackout doses though. 12-15mg of Deschloroetizolam on no benzo tolerance is what it took me once to come down enough to sleep 16 hours after taking 15mg of DOM.

I find it highly separate from LSD personally, and I dose DOM typically in 5mg intervals. 5mg of DOM feels like 40-60mg of Adderall and a very peculiar, mescaline/2C-B flavored tab of acid that takes 3-4 hours to really kick in, whereas the stimulation only takes an hour or two to kick in.

If you're looking to remain fully functional, try 2mg, then 4mg if that doesn't cut it. 5mg leaves me shivering and sweating for a few hours at it comes up. 2mg tabs of this same batch I'm using have proven effective for helping a friend in graduate school grind through math studies, which has been neat.