• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

Let's just say that the bodily discomforts of DOM were such severe that I'd only be willing to try (R)-DOx from now on, in hopes of removing unwanted side effects. I'm not too positive that this actually helps, but one can only hope. They definitely seem to be intriguing to me, and I have a masochistic side which is willing to push through nausea, muscle tension and everything - but DOM didn't put up any rewards at all, at least none that I could see or have a glimpse at! What a bummer - especially cause getting it proved rather troublesome too!

Well, in the closer future, the next targets are getting to know the two thios of the magical half dozen to complete this series! At least 50 % of the magical half dozen are confirmed good already by me, so I hope for DOM to be the only outlier.

Id really loved 2C-T-7 and found it to consistently be fantastic, i find it so odd that other people dont feel the same way but drugs are funny things. My dosing was pretty high tho always between 40-60mgs orally usually or 20mgs intranasal (which i only did twice in the begining. But i probably took it orally maybe ten times or so. It always made me puke pretty ferociously on the comeup, but once that passed it was very euphoric and visual. Id had a ++++ mixing it with 2C-E once, really magical day.

I loved 2C-T-2. 2C-T-7 was another weird one. Once was enough.
Id really loved 2C-T-7 and found it to consistently be fantastic, i find it so odd that other people dont feel the same way but drugs are funny things. My dosing was pretty high tho always between 40-60mgs orally usually or 20mgs intranasal (which i only did twice in the begining. But i probably took it orally maybe ten times or so. It always made me puke pretty ferociously on the comeup, but once that passed it was very euphoric and visual. Id had a ++++ mixing it with 2C-E once, really magical day.
I'm 3-4 months out from getting to try DOC, DOB, 2C-C, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, ALEPH-2, ALEPH-7, 2C-D, DOM, and MMDA. I have only tried LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, 2C-B, vaporized & oral DMT, harmaline, MDMA, MDA, HBWR, ketamine, amphetamine, (probably) methamphetamine, 25C-NBOMe, extracted mescaline acetate and straight peyote. I'm a huge fan of long lasting, intense, challenging psychedelic experiences, and I'm excited for these based on what I've heard, but can you guys offer any advice on these? Especially DOM seems daunting by how people describe it, constantly using adjectives that imply it's challenging but in unique ways which seem (fittingly for psychedelics) very inarticulable.
Let's just say that the bodily discomforts of DOM were such severe that I'd only be willing to try (R)-DOx from now on, in hopes of removing unwanted side effects. I'm not too positive that this actually helps, but one can only hope. They definitely seem to be intriguing to me, and I have a masochistic side which is willing to push through nausea, muscle tension and everything - but DOM didn't put up any rewards at all, at least none that I could see or have a glimpse at! What a bummer - especially cause getting it proved rather troublesome too!

Well, in the closer future, the next targets are getting to know the two thios of the magical half dozen to complete this series! At least 50 % of the magical half dozen are confirmed good already by me, so I hope for DOM to be the only outlier.
Have you been confident that you've had explicitly (R)-DOX & (S)-DOX in the past to compare? Did you get it from a chemist or isomerize it yourself? I often distrust drugs I get from the street, but perhaps DNMs have offered better consistency in the past than I'm used to. I'm fascinated in the isomeric differences between these drugs but have had a hard time finding any experience reports of them outside of chemists who usually don't dive too deep, and PiHKAL itself. Which DOs have you tried different isomers of, just DOM?

I've also noticed on drugs-data that many tabs coming in of both DOX and 25X-NBOMe are mixed, either DOB with DOC, or 25I with 25C, things like that. Is that a common occurrence that you guys have run into with things like DOM? I'll be hopefully trying things as liquids, but reagent tests should hopefully let me indicate whether something's been cut with another active compound or not, I suppose.

Have you been confident that you've had explicitly (R)-DOX & (S)-DOX in the past to compare? Did you get it from a chemist or isomerize it yourself? I often distrust drugs I get from the street, but perhaps DNMs have offered better consistency in the past than I'm used to. I'm fascinated in the isomeric differences between these drugs but have had a hard time finding any experience reports of them outside of chemists who usually don't dive too deep, and PiHKAL itself. Which DOs have you tried different isomers of, just DOM?

I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear to you. This single experience with racemic DOM was my only trial with a substituted 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine, and racemic at that. Enantiomers potentially being more benign on the body is pure speculation based on the short descriptions in PiHKAL. I think there is only two options of acquiring enantiopure DOx compounds: make it yourself or have someone make it for you. Neither is really trivial and thus we don't hear much about it.

halo-DOx are a little easier and cheaper to synthesise than alkyl-DOx. And especially with the former being more potent than the latter, it would make sense to use them for cutting from that perspective. But mixing different halo-DOx or 25x-NB is probably rather caused by some person having a big stock of the one and trying to make bank by selling "rarer" compounds. I have no idea about the actual black market and the people involved though.

I'm 3-4 months out from getting to try DOC, DOB, 2C-C, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, ALEPH-2, ALEPH-7, 2C-D, DOM, and MMDA. I have only tried LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, 2C-B, vaporized & oral DMT, harmaline, MDMA, MDA, HBWR, ketamine, amphetamine, (probably) methamphetamine, 25C-NBOMe, extracted mescaline acetate and straight peyote. I'm a huge fan of long lasting, intense, challenging psychedelic experiences, and I'm excited for these based on what I've heard, but can you guys offer any advice on these? Especially DOM seems daunting by how people describe it, constantly using adjectives that imply it's challenging but in unique ways which seem (fittingly for psychedelics) very inarticulable.
Lucky.. I haven't even tried MDMA, let alone any of those DOx class drugs. I saw what I believe was DOB and DOM for sale earlier this year, please let us know how your eventual trip goes!

I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear to you. This single experience with racemic DOM was my only trial with a substituted 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine, and racemic at that. Enantiomers potentially being more benign on the body is pure speculation based on the short descriptions in PiHKAL. I think there is only two options of acquiring enantiopure DOx compounds: make it yourself or have someone make it for you. Neither is really trivial and thus we don't hear much about it.

halo-DOx are a little easier and cheaper to synthesise than alkyl-DOx. And especially with the former being more potent than the latter, it would make sense to use them for cutting from that perspective. But mixing different halo-DOx or 25x-NB is probably rather caused by some person having a big stock of the one and trying to make bank by selling "rarer" compounds. I have no idea about the actual black market and the people involved though.
That's a good point about halogenated DOx's being cheaper to make, DOI is even cheaper to make than DOC/DOB/DON/DOT-X though, because 2C-I/DOI originate from p-dimethoxybenzene with only a small handful of steps before reaching the aldehyde, whereas the chlorinated/brominated, and even further the nitrated/(thiolated? Idk the term for adding the sulphur group) are all made as 2C-H which is later modified, adding steps to the process, even more dangerous interactions with precursors, and likely more waste generated that you'd have to clandestinely handle. It leaves me kind of shocked that 2C-I and DOI aren't more popular on the street, other easier to synthesize drugs like TMA-2 and GHB though don't seem to break through either.

Edit: The route to brominated/chlorinated DOXs can still be used to get to DOI I believe, I think it's just much more involved than this seemingly unexploited route going from a compound that's often used for flavoring purposes, so I assume chemists supplying the street could access it somehow.

This is not true. 2C-I/DOI are typically synthesised with expensive iodine and silver salt catalyst from 2C-H or 2,5-DMA. The 2C-x/DOx on the street are probably typically made from commercially bought 2,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde. Making the aldehyde is possible, but not really attractive given the chemistry involved and the rather easy availability of the aldehyde. 3 rather easy steps from there. From 1,4-dimethoxybenzene, it is at least 4 steps, and you still have to halogenate. Formylation of unsubstituted or halogenated p-dimethoxybenzene is not trivial and typically requires nasty reagents (chloromethylation, bromomethylation, Duff with trifluoroacetic acid, etc).

Lucky.. I haven't even tried MDMA, let alone any of those DOx class drugs. I saw what I believe was DOB and DOM for sale earlier this year, please let us know how your eventual trip goes
I'm definitely intending on writing up reports if things turn out notable. I'll certainly do retrospectives on ALEPH-2 and ALEPH-7, given very few people have ever taken them. I'm a bit nervous of them likely being MAO inhibiting psychedelic amphetamines though, they're going to get a real Shulgin climb.
This is not true. 2C-I/DOI are typically synthesised with expensive iodine and silver salt catalyst from 2C-H or 2,5-DMA. The 2C-x/DOx on the street are probably typically made from commercially bought 2,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde. Making the aldehyde is possible, but not really attractive given the chemistry involved and the rather easy availability of the aldehyde. 3 rather easy steps from there. From 1,4-dimethoxybenzene, it is at least 4 steps, and you still have to halogenate. Formylation of unsubstituted or halogenated p-dimethoxybenzene is not trivial and typically requires nasty reagents (chloromethylation, bromomethylation, Duff with trifluoroacetic acid, etc).
I think I either misphrased this or it was misunderstood, what I'm saying is that I'm surprised that the normal route to 2C-I/DOI isn't J. Med. Chem. 27, 1071-1077 (1984), it's a slept on path that uses n-BuLi, NMF and ICl instead of indicating 2,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde, eliminating the need to acquire what's obviously a precursor for drug synthesis.

I'm also really surprised that more people with access to these aldehydes aren't working with the BOx compounds (beta methoxy phenethylamines). Shulgin and the gang really seemed to enjoy them, other trip reports even from people who usually don't like phenethylamines (nervewing comes to mind) still come out positively, it seems. I'm curious about whether or not beta methoxy psychedelic amphetamines would be worthwhile, Shulgin conjectured that they'd likely have four possible isomers under the entry for BOD though which could prove to be a pain in the ass. Interestingly enough, Shulgin claims that BOED (2,5-dimethoxy-β-ethoxy-4-methylphenethylamine), much like 3,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenethylamine, is not a psychedelic despite seemingly fitting the SAR, but it's instead a somewhat novel intoxicant. 3C-X's, DON, and DOEt are sometimes described as being moreso stimulants than psychedelics, and I do wonder if things like BOED, or maybe 3,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenethylamime, are similar but perhaps situated somewhere uniquely between a depressant and psychedelic.

DOM is a funny one. Let's just say I'm glad DOC exists.
Really? Interesting, I didn't care for DOC much at all. (Though, I suspect stimulant tolerance from daily Adderall may have contributed.) It was just very lackluster and uninteresting to me.

DOM on the other hand, the most serene and beautiful psychedelic I've ever done. I also got to try DOB and really enjoyed that one too, though obviously for much different reasons than DOM. I figured DOC was maybe a dud or just didn't work well for me but maybe I should give it another shot. I want to like it, I really do. I like DOM and DOB so much, I want to try all of the DOx chems.

Yep, I liked both, but I really don't know what to do with DOM. I definitely know what to do with DOC.

I've only tried 2.5mg of DOC and DOM. Can't remember my DOI dosage range. I've also tried 2C-B, C, D, and I and see zero correlation between the couterparts between classes. With 2C-x's my first time with each produced much better visuals. DOI produced the least visual activity but still had strong effects. STP had the most body load but I haven't tried 2C-E yet. STP had interesting visuals I still remember purple, blue, and light orange.

Yep, I liked both, but I really don't know what to do with DOM. I definitely know what to do with DOC.
Do you care to elaborate on what you KNOW to do with DOC? I've tried DOC and DOM one time each. DOC was great and I'm eager to try it again. Just trying to figure out what to do when I take the dive and consume. I typically hang about the house when I trip but the thought of being stimulated with no outlet for it makes me nervous.

With DOM it was absolutely fantastic, until it went bad and I had the most terrifying experience of my life. I do plan on trying DOM again, but that experience has made me very hesitant to do psychedelic amphetamines. I do have DOM, DOC, TMA-2 and 3C-P and intend to try all of them. Just hard to make the jump when its such a long and uncertain time commitment

Do you care to elaborate on what you KNOW to do with DOC? I've tried DOC and DOM one time each. DOC was great and I'm eager to try it again. Just trying to figure out what to do when I take the dive and consume. I typically hang about the house when I trip but the thought of being stimulated with no outlet for it makes me nervous.

With DOM it was absolutely fantastic, until it went bad and I had the most terrifying experience of my life. I do plan on trying DOM again, but that experience has made me very hesitant to do psychedelic amphetamines. I do have DOM, DOC, TMA-2 and 3C-P and intend to try all of them. Just hard to make the jump when its such a long and uncertain time commitment
I can't speak to the terrifying experience you had when trying to sleep. What's the story there? Did that come up earlier in this thread?

For me, DOC is a full-spectrum psychedelic that has rich visual activity, a stable plateau, and balanced psychedelic headspace--full, but not deep. I would use it in the same contexts where I would use LSD: festivals, outdoor get-togethers with friends, outside chore days, hikes, etc. I find that *for me* the restless energy is only in the first 2-3 hours of the experience, and that it's manageable even if I have to chill indoors. It's just much *better* if I can find a way to channel it outwardly. I don't like stimulating psychedelics in general, but I have been fine with the energy of DOC and DOM (and DOF such as there is.) But also, DOC only lasts 12 hours for me--much less than mescaline, MAL, or LSD. I'm a fast metabolizer, so it's easier to work into a normal weekend than any of those alternatives (not that I have a lot of time for the long-acting ones these days.)

I can't speak to the terrifying experience you had when trying to sleep. What's the story there? Did that come up earlier in this thread?

For me, DOC is a full-spectrum psychedelic that has rich visual activity, a stable plateau, and balanced psychedelic headspace--full, but not deep. I would use it in the same contexts where I would use LSD: festivals, outdoor get-togethers with friends, outside chore days, hikes, etc. I find that *for me* the restless energy is only in the first 2-3 hours of the experience, and that it's manageable even if I have to chill indoors. It's just much *better* if I can find a way to channel it outwardly. I don't like stimulating psychedelics in general, but I have been fine with the energy of DOC and DOM (and DOF such as there is.) But also, DOC only lasts 12 hours for me--much less than mescaline, MAL, or LSD. I'm a fast metabolizer, so it's easier to work into a normal weekend than any of those alternatives (not that I have a lot of time for the long-acting ones these days.)
Can't remember if I posted about the rough time I had. Long story short, friend and I drop 2.5mg of DOM each and during the come up we're smoking a cig and bullshitting. He's explaining a video he saw where apparently soldiers took Acid and in his phrasing "Were dying in the streets laughing". DOM kicks in and I'm feeling great. Insanely visual but a fun time. The trip reaches a point where I'm laughing at EVERYTHING and I can't stop. I take his phrasing of the soldiers "dying in the streets laughing" literally and I convinced myself that I had laughed myself to death. Trip turned dark, had my shirt off and had visuals of my left lung being removed and the flesh cauterized. My flesh looked deep blue (only to me) and I was crying and begging my friends to call my Dad, my brother and sister so I could say good by to them. It was a hellish experience. My friend got me through it by holding my hand and saying "I took more than you, look at me, I'm fine. You're not going to die" and kept repeating it. We split a 5mg tab and he took the larger piece. It's also the only trip I've ever had where I took my clothes off without thinking and began to run around,but that was during the fun part of the trip. Other than that I couldn't sleep for 30 hours or so and I woke up still having some visual activity. My visuals died down completely around the 40 hour mark. Apparently I'm really sensitive to DOM or the blotters were dosed higher than advertised, although his trip seem to be in line with what one would expect. I do intend to try DOM again someday but I'm definitely going to have a benzo around.

Thanks for the response! You did a great job explaining. Told me everything I wanted to know. Makes me feel more comfortable giving a shot in the future. I want to try it with my friend (the one mentioned above), but when we trip together its usually inside. He's not in great shape so anytime we go on a walk he can't last any more than 30 minutes or so, otherwise I'd try to get him to go hiking with me when we take it, but I know he'd be miserable the whole time, I am eager to give DOC another shot. The one time I took it was really nice. Seemed to have a real magic feel to it

Last edited:

Now that is an interesting read.

I suspect I've come across wicked weak DOM, the first time I acquired what was supposedly DOM from the first vendor, it was completely inert to both test reagents and bioassay. The second vendor though has tested correctly but must be low in purity bc it took me 16mg to really feel it. I noticed 7.5mg, but 5mg felt almost completely like placebo.

If it matters though, what I have is racemic and it may explain why I seem to need ~2x the dose of most people to get expected effects. It's absolutely stunning how long it takes to kick in too, I'm not noticing anything for 3.5-4 hours and then it evolves up until maybe hour 10-12, and finally tapers off around there.

I suspect I've come across wicked weak DOM, the first time I acquired what was supposedly DOM from the first vendor, it was completely inert to both test reagents and bioassay. The second vendor though has tested correctly but must be low in purity bc it took me 16mg to really feel it. I noticed 7.5mg, but 5mg felt almost completely like placebo.

If it matters though, what I have is racemic and it may explain why I seem to need ~2x the dose of most people to get expected effects. It's absolutely stunning how long it takes to kick in too, I'm not noticing anything for 3.5-4 hours and then it evolves up until maybe hour 10-12, and finally tapers off around there.
Had the same with some of the DOM I took a couple years ago, supposed 11mg, barely felt it.

I believe @Psychestim also had DOM tested recently and it was also massively underdosed.

I don't know how accurately blotters used to be dosed, but some people are way more sensitive to DOM than others. Unlike other DOx where people seem to react somewhat similarly to similar doses.

You are going to have a hard time finding anyone who has enantiopure DOM. So your 2 x dose theory is false. 5 mg racemic DOM HCl from a direct source, matching melting point, were very much active for me. Albeit not what I was looking for, and not too intense for me personally.