• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

I know person who used DOC for physical inflammation somewhat successful. I forgot details but DOC is even more inflammatory than most psychedelics.

I used to enjoy DOC much in a way like you, for the fact I was able to use it in environment where I wouldn’t use acid or most psychedelics. I dosed it low, usually 1.2 – 1.5mg but even double was really pleasant experience and surprisingly not too long at all (that might be different for you as some people I know had experienced high lasting for days with residual effects).

I also had experience where I combined it with LSD and 2c-e and topped that with puff of DMT followed with N2O. It caused me to see scenery that looked (in the lack of better description as it’s impossible) like some inter-dimensional cyberpunk plumbing of some other-world energy.

Well, no I wouldn't say that. DOI hasn't been around much for quite a long time... whereas DOC has been quite available

Anyone try this for hiking?
I really enjoyed trying DOC when river-hiking with @Xorkoth, and I want to try DOM in a similar sitting.

Anyone try this for hiking?
I really enjoyed trying DOC when river-hiking with @Xorkoth, and I want to try DOM in a similar sitting.
No, don't know if it would be a very good fit.

I'd definitely take it at home first, DOx are stronk. High dosing variability too with them...

It's energetic. I could see it for hiking. It's also a weird one, with some people finding it shallow at high doses, others get their ass kicked at low doses. Plan accordingly.

Is this the meeting for the dom daddies or did I go to the wrong building again?

Is this the meeting for the dom daddies or did I go to the wrong building again?

This is the place, snacks go on the side table.

I put ‘dom daddies’ into a psychedelic AI art generator and it gave me this.

IMG-2344.jpg

DOM is definitely energetic. IME with it, wise to take in comfortable environments. I've taken it at super hot music festivals 2x and things got pretty hectic. Still had a great time but could definitely see a less experienced user having some sort of freak out. I even freaked out a little bit haha.

I also once took it low dose at a personal development seminar (kinda culty) and its a pretty emotional experience for most people. I could not sit still for the life of me and had to leave because i didn't want to be so stimulated around people who were pouring their hearts out.
I do love the substance. Has anyone else used it to microdose? Honestly 350ug is enough to def feel it but just barely. But it's character is kind of intense by nature as are most DOx..

I am looking to experiment with DOM. As this is a long-acting one and setting weekends aside for psychedelic exploration always comes at the price for having less time for other important tasks, I'd rather have a full experience than a lackluster one. My DOM is crystalline powder and not some random blotter or tablet, and will be dosed accurately via volumetric dosing. I seem to respond to the phenethylamines I've tried with about the average dose-response curve as outlined by PiHKAL and other experience reports. I'm aware that jumping right into a potentially powerful experience with a new compound is against recommendation, but given the chances I'm willing to take the risk and bear the responsibility: so if I'm looking for an experience close to what 16 mg 2C-E HCl would provide in intensity, would I be better off with dosing towards the higher or lower side of the 4 - 6 mg span I'm leaning towards dosing?

I know a friend characterised 4 mg as feeling uncomfortable and like a never-ending mescaline come-up, and I'd rather avoid that. Most of the DOM-experienced people I've talked so far rather lean to the > 5 mg window for full experiences.

I think you will find that it's a lot like 2C-E in dosing guidelines. Some people find 16mg of 2C-E to be full, rich, and intense (me.) Some find 20mg to be light, fun eye-candy (not me.)

DOM seems to suit many people fine at 2.5mg. Others find it to be hollow at 7mg+. 5mg seems like it straddles the middle of the road, where it could be really intense or entirely bland.

I don't think that it's safe to say that you can extrapolate anything from your 2C-E experiences. But I was quite satisfied with 2C-E at 16mg, and I was reasonably satisfied with 2.5mg of DOM. I agonized for years about whether to take my first DOM dose at 2.5 or 5mg, finally deciding on 2.5. I was perfectly fine with that level. I could see revisiting it again at 3.5 or even 5mg, but I suspect that I would find that to be quite strong.

Like 2C-E, it's a unique and interesting material. I'm not surprised that some people don't get anything out of it. It had a hollowness, a void-like quality to it for me that made me think that some people would likely not get anything out of it no matter how hard they push it.

Took the compound at 5 mg as hydrochloride. Maybe the circumstances I took it in developed to not be the best, but sadly, I didn't see any glimpse of worthwhile component in it. Especially not in relation to the bodily problems, which were worse for me than with 2C-E, but 2C-E at least rewards with its very unique and remarkable mystic/stern headspace. DOM on the other hand for me didn't develop into anything substantial, it felt like a gradual come-up followed by a gradual come-down without leading to any special state or showing any sign of useful component. What a damn shame. If it wasn't for the bodily discomforts, I'd give it another try at around 7 or 8 mg, but I'm not too eager to experience another day of muscle spasms, restlessness, muscle tension and after-trip headaches for what it seems like little reward - and that despite knowing that substances may not show their full glory on the first or even second trial. Fortunately the rather severe nausea of the beginning dissipated completely during the trip and didn't make its way back. Maybe (R)-DOM could be more useful, but I doubt it is worth the effort.

Took the compound at 5 mg as hydrochloride. Maybe the circumstances I took it in developed to not be the best, but sadly, I didn't see any glimpse of worthwhile component in it. Especially not in relation to the bodily problems, which were worse for me than with 2C-E, but 2C-E at least rewards with its very unique and remarkable mystic/stern headspace. DOM on the other hand for me didn't develop into anything substantial, it felt like a gradual come-up followed by a gradual come-down without leading to any special state or showing any sign of useful component. What a damn shame. If it wasn't for the bodily discomforts, I'd give it another try at around 7 or 8 mg, but I'm not too eager to experience another day of muscle spasms, restlessness, muscle tension and after-trip headaches for what it seems like little reward - and that despite knowing that substances may not show their full glory on the first or even second trial. Fortunately the rather severe nausea of the beginning dissipated completely during the trip and didn't make its way back. Maybe (R)-DOM could be more useful, but I doubt it is worth the effort.
DOx are always rough on the body, moving is mandatory for me...
I didn't like DOM at all either the one time I tried it, very shallow, but it might've been an underdose.

Edit: *it was an underdose, supposedly 11mg on blotters, way weaker in practice, no tolerance

Last edited: