• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The 6th Recursion

Does anyone here know a good comparison between smoked DMT dosages and oral ones with a pharmaceutical MAOI like moclobemide? I really have no idea where to start or what to expect, I've never used DMT orally before but decided it's a good time to start planning it.

Was watching or reading Hamilton Morris talk about it once with 75mgs DMT and 300mgs Moclobemide and he said it was crazy intense. Maybe start lower than that for sure to get your feet wet. I've always wanted to try DMT orally I actually bought the Harmaline HCL a couple years ago and was planning on taking the plunge but then I got locked up again. I've got more DMT now and getting the Harmaline won't be an issue, so maybe I will do it at some point in the next year or so. I've smoked DMT many times, just never got around to eating any.

Is there a benefit to using Moclobemide over that as the MAOi?

Was watching or reading Hamilton Morris talk about it once with 75mgs DMT and 300mgs Moclobemide and he said it was crazy intense. Maybe start lower than that for sure to get your feet wet. I've always wanted to try DMT orally I actually bought the Harmaline HCL a couple years ago and was planning on taking the plunge but then I got locked up again. I've got more DMT now and getting the Harmaline won't be an issue, so maybe I will do it at some point in the next year or so. I've smoked DMT many times, just never got around to eating any.

Is there a benefit to using Moclobemide over that as the MAOi?

I'll have to check out his report, thanks for telling me! Yeah, that definitely sounds like a good call, I think I'd be afraid to start above 50 mg based on my usage of other base tryptamines orally, but that was without a MAOI. I've smoked DMT plenty too and it's gotten kind of stale for me, I'm definitely ready to try it orally and see how it holds up now.

The main benefit I can think of to using a MAOI like moclobemide over harmala alkaloids is the lack of additional effects. Harmalas bind to lots of different receptor and enzyme sites and they're well-known to produce numerous physiological and psychoactive effects, you can even trip on just harmalas with no DMT involved in a supposedly kind of weird way if you dose high enough. Moclobemide on the other hand is basically not going to do anything except inhibit monoamine oxidase while adding no other non-negligible effects, which means taking DMT with that is going to be the closest it can possibly be to just taking any other psychedelic orally with no additional substances as well. I'm kind of a purist with my psychedelic effects and really want to see what DMT specifically is like oral versus smoked without any other effects involved too, so that's a big reason I want to use moclobemide. However, people often say the harmalas are an important part of what they call 'ayahuasca' specifically and for that reason, I wouldn't assume you can know what that's all about without taking it with the harmalas specifically too.

I have read lately that they are watching Mimosa hostilis sales. Thoughts?

It seems the only thing where the extraction is easy enough for me to try. (straight to base, no defat) Thoughts?

I have read lately that they are watching Mimosa hostilis sales. Thoughts?

It seems the only thing where the extraction is easy enough for me to try. (straight to base, no defat) Thoughts?

'They' are always watching Mimosa hostilis sales. It's never not going to be a risk to order it.

Here's Morris' report on 75mg DMT with 300mg moclobemide. I think your best bet is to titrate from 30mg DMT with 300mg moclobemide.

Thanks for the link, I didn't realize it was long enough ago for him to have written about it here too. Sounds relatable. 30 mg does sound like a decent starting point based on that report too, thanks for the recommendation!

Well this hasn't been bumped in a while. Just wanted to relay some recent experiences I had with DMT, as a cautionary deal so people can be very wary while dosing this stuff. It's definitely not a toy.

I have lots of experience with DMT, having smoked it in its freebase form many times, from small to large to doses.

I recently nabbed some, and instead of wading into the water slowly I decided to jump off the diving board. I loaded 50mg into my chillum, sandwiched between some delta8 weed. Took all three hits successfully. I had a big visualizer up on my tv, and The Doors on my headphones. Next thing I know, I'm running out of my room and down the steps like a bat out of hell. I can't explain what I felt, but I for whatever reason had a panic and had to leave my room.

Apparently I had awoken one of my folks and my nephew and basically had a total panic attack. This was way too high a dose to take without a sitter, or at least somewhere where there's no risk of bothering or scaring any one. But I came down quickly enough and just fessed up to what happened.

So, being myself and having to figure out what I did wrong and clear the air, a couple days later I dosed 30mg sandwiched in my chillum, and had a fabulous, chill, immersive, and therapeutic trip. I felt like I cleared the bad energy a bit.

Anyway, if you ever find yourself curious about DMT, don't just smoke some shit some dude hands you. Make sure it's weighed proper, and you're in a good set and setting, and comfortable before doing it.

Anyway, just thought I'd relay my most recent experiences with DMT. The stuff is god's food. Idk, nothing else gets you as close to your soul and the center of the universe quite like it. I have plenty left, but I think I'll be treating it with that little bit more respect than I may have in the past.

Well I just had one of my most intense breakthroughs ever last night. I had taken 200mg of mda and a tab of acid. Just thought the moment was right to blast off and oh my me, it was one of the craziest, awe inspiring, beautiful, peaceful experience. I just packed an oil burner with like a 100mg of dmt and just kept ripping it until i couldn’t anymore. There is something truly magical about this simple compound that can induce such a mind bending journey. I met the minds of gods or alien entities. They acted like a guide and helped me explore these intricate landscapes. I felt so much beauty and joy and love. It’s an ineffable occurrence that can’t be explained by mere language and like a dream it faded away before I could integrate everything…

Last edited:
I’m very interested in this DMTX project, where they are trying to map out the space by prolonging the experience via an IV drip of constant dmt. Sign me up.

Agreed. And the same technology could certainly be applied to other psychedelic compounds. How about 'SalvinorinX', a multi-hour peak salvinorin A experience? The surreal psycho-scape of salvinorin (which I would like to label as a transsociative drug) should be explored to its fullest capacity, and its shorter duration is an impediment to this. Obviously, such a technology could also be applied for some of the most transgressive and horrifying torture technologies yet seen in human history, and could certainly be used as a pharmacological weapon. Many users report on the feeling of being punished, laughed at and stuck in an eternal cosmic circus for the amusement of demented jester gods under the influence of smoked salvinorin A: by analysing the fMRI scans of a prolonged, intravenous savinorin A experience (analagous to DMTx), we could isolate the neural correlates of the feeling of eternity. From here, technologies could be made to induce feelings of eternity, artificially, by stimulating the same neural networks that induced the feeling of eternity in the salvinorin A experience. This gives a new ring to William Blake's first quatrain in 'Auguries of Innocence':

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

Yes, 'Eternity in an hour'...Mwahaha!

But in all honesty, I predict that we will see a revival of the works of Carl Jung stem from this research.
Jungian concepts are most definitely in alignment with the psychedelic experience.

An extended salvia trip? Perhaps other volunteers like yourself can explore those plains of hell. Haha. A jest my friends

On a real not the work being conducted by Andrew R. Gallimore is quite interesting. I’m glad him, Rick Strassman, and others are teaming up for this project. Very excited about the results and insights that will stem from such an endeavor.

I highly recommend you check out his book titled “Reality Switch Technologies”

It is the deepest truth.
i mean... that's what it feels like, but how can we be sure it isn't just all a hallucination?

just because there are some striking similarities between reports? there are also many unique reports.

An extended salvia trip? Perhaps other volunteers like yourself can explore those plains of hell. Haha. A jest my friends

Gotta say i agree with you there, my last and most profound Salvia trip on an extract was so incredible and mindblowing but also scary as absolute fuck. And i am i very experienced tripper on high doses of all types of stuff. It just sent this fear vibe that rattled my soul after i came down from the peak and i took off running outta my room and ran downstairs to talk to my mother and make sure they actually were real.

This entity revealed to me that this all is a simulation and my entire life has been just an illusion created by whatever cosmic beings are pulling the strings of this universe. And let me tell you this was not the sort of loving entity ive encountered on Tryptamines i felt like this thing was trying to fuck with me, cuz it showed me images of my mother and father and the melted away and then i went to pick up this tray i was rolling cigarettes on and it stretched out as i picked it up and looked like an accordion.

This is when i started to freak, then it pushed me on the chest and i fell backwards in bed and i shot down, and down like full on sensation of falling thru HUNDREDS of replicas of my bedroom and then hit some kinda bottom and shot back up like a bungee and i was sitting in bed again, coming down more. Totally flabergasted about what transpired and then i took off running full speed to see my mom.

Now spending hours possibly stuck in the grips of something like that, no way jose. But i actually do wanna try a salvia extract again sometime soon, dont ask me why. But i really wanna see what is out there, cuz while it was scary as fuck it was so interesting at the sametime. Deff one of the most powerful psychoactives out there without question, id say its stronger than DMT honestly.

But that being said ive never properly broken thru on DMT yet. Ive vaped it alot but i feel like my meth pipe method sucks bad, im thinking if i get one of those vape pens and take many many hits i could get there. When my friend smoked me up out of his machine back in the day that was my strongest trip i ever had, but i didnt break thru. Maybe when that happens i will change my mind.

This is the song that was playing when the Salvia hit, right around 0:55 is when that entity grabbed ahold of my mind is when the music changes tempo at that point. It was actually perfect in the way it played out, but again not exactly what i would call recreational and enjoyable in the slightest.

Last edited:
i mean... that's what it feels like, but how can we be sure it isn't just all a hallucination?

just because there are some striking similarities between reports? there are also many unique reports.
Aren't those striking similarities fascinating, though? At the very least pointing to elaborate concepts hard wired into the brain.

Aren't those striking similarities fascinating, though?
indeed. quite. indubitably.

At the very least pointing to elaborate concepts hard wired into the brain.
yea, this is basically how i like to look at it, and i wish more people questioned it... the supernatural position seems to be the default position in psychonaut communities (so much so that the atheistic position is pretty much scoffed out the door).

if there's one thing i've learned (besides to love nature and be patient with others... as well as a lot about myself and how and why to grow and learn and help others learn... ok, i've learned a lot lol) from psychedelic drugs,
it's to never take things as a given.

my mind tricks... my mind into believing TONS of RRRRREEALLY fucking crazy shit while tripping, and i've needed to sharpen my occam's razor quite a bit over the years.

Last edited:
fear vibe that rattled my soul after i came down from the peak and i took off running outta my room and ran downstairs to talk to my mother and make sure they actually were real.
case in point, i know this type of feeling well. tripping does ALL KINDS of jedi mind tricks to fuck with us (ime), using our powerful senses and subconscious awareness to throw us for a loop (again, i.m.e.)...

i have needed to use logic to get myself out of many reality- shattering thought loops, and have had some really realistic hallucinations.

it may be that dmt space is the real deal, but imHo, it's best to operate on a naturalistic, and healthily- skeptical modus.

with that said, i also try to remember that we are all in this world together, and are all family... but i don't need to believe and chant 'we are all one' to go about that.

indeed. quite. indubitably.

yea, this is basically how i like to look at it, and i wish more people questioned it... the supernatural position seems to be the default position in psychonaut communities (so much so that the atheistic position is pretty much scoffed out the door).

if there's one thing i've learned (besides to love nature and be patient with others... as well as a lot about myself and how and why to grow and learn and help others learn... ok, i've learned a lot lol) from psychedelic drugs,
it's to never take things as a given.

my mind tricks... my mind into believing TONS of RRRRREEALLY fucking crazy shit while tripping, and i've needed to sharpen my occam's razor quite a bit over the years.
There are those that will argue that the similar concepts are 100% the result of experiences, culture, etc., after birth. I would disagree, thus the "at the very least proving" in my post.

I don't discount other dimensions, realities, etc.. I just think it's hardly proven or maybe even provable.

We do know there is more to the universe than we perceive since our perceptions have developed influenced by evolution. Thus, perceiving anything not directly related to survival would evolve out as a waste of physical and mental resources.

Then, there's the middle ground where some of the things and entities perceived are manifestations of ourselves which have a pseudo life and consciousness of their own. Add that the universe might depend greatly on consciousnesses perception of it and you certainly have a complicated kettle of fish. Crazy that that's the middle ground, huh?

lol, it's certainly a complicated kettle of fish.

i'm not throwing any possibility completely out into the trash, or dissmissing it out of hand... i just feel that the most useful way for me to live my life is to assume that everything in the natural world is all we have. going beyond that is too complicated a kettle of fish, and i think i'll go crazier than i am.

it's also been probably 15 years since i've done dmt and therefore about 15 years since i've seen any crazy fucking dmt entities. maybe if i were to do it ever again (idk if i will), i'd become a dmt- space parishioner.

lol, it's certainly a complicated kettle of fish.

i'm not throwing any possibility completely out into the trash, or dissmissing it out of hand... i just feel that the most useful way for me to live my life is to assume that everything in the natural world is all we have. going beyond that is too complicated a kettle of fish, and i think i'll go crazier than i am.

it's also been probably 15 years since i've done dmt and therefore about 15 years since i've seen any crazy fucking dmt entities. maybe if i were to do it ever again (idk if i will), i'd become a dmt- space parishioner.
BTW, when I say "pseudo life and consciousness, I do mean existing within our mind and not separate entities. Although, I don't discount anything.

@cosmic charlie

I think you should try smoking salvia plain leaf out of a bong. I think there’s a chance that you may be surprised at how much you like it. I’ve been so pleasantly buzzed on salvia plain leaf before that I forgot that I wasn’t on cannabis.

It would also be my recommendation for a strategy to get yourself to work back up to using extracts without apprehension. However, I’m also just recommending it on its own.

Just my input. :)

@cosmic charlie

I think you should try smoking salvia plain leaf out of a bong. I think there’s a chance that you may be surprised at how much you like it. I’ve been so pleasantly buzzed on salvia plain leaf before that I forgot that I wasn’t on cannabis.

It would also be my recommendation for a strategy to get yourself to work back up to using extracts without apprehension. However, I’m also just recommending it on its own.

Just my input. :)

Yeah ive done that alot actually and did really enjoy it, when i first got into Salvia i got four ounces of plain leaf and smoked it off and on for like a year or two. I had some trips actually were i became the chair in my room for instance that were super interesting.

And yeah the stuff was kinda bizarre but at those dosages it was pretty manageable. When you get into the 20x extract its a whole other ballgame and i just wasnt mentally prepared for how mindblowing that was about to be. And to think that people smoke 60-80x extracts, well that is just insane. I did smoke a pretty decent size bowl when i did it, i probably should have done less.