• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The 6th Recursion

What do you think the lowest amount of Harmaline HCL I can take and it be effective that is what is causing the nausea right. Suppose I can try 50mgs each and if it's not effective 75mgs Harmalas then 100mgs...and so on in a series of tries over couple days right. And I suppose if I take the Harmalas spread out like that it may be easier on me physically? I do not have a strong stomach in the slightest hence me not going after this sooner.

I used moclobemide - never tried the harmaline but what i found was the moclo by itself doesnt cause nausea, its taking the dmt that kickstarts the vomiting. Not always - but 8 times out of ten i was really throwing my guts up. If youre lucky a couple of vomits and you can relax and enjoy the trip - but sometimes i just felt sick the entire trip.

Its nausea like ive never felt before - not just an upset stomach, this is some kind of heavy duty reaction of the serotonin receptors in your gut to the presence of more serotonin and dmt in your body. You really powervomit up your own ringpeice. And if you try not eating anything you can sometimes miss out on tripping entirely. I once fasted, drank the dmt in cola (its supposed to turn the freebase into the less nauseating salt dmt phosphate) and waited for 3 hours and nothing happened so i ate something and went to bed and 20 mins later i started tripping. Only for about 30 minutes tho.

I never found it lasted long enough either - maybe 90 minutes tops for the peak then a pretty sudden drop off. 4acodmt is superior in every way.

But when oral dmt hits it fucking hits - euphoria like ive never known and golden jewels floating in the air

Last edited:
Anybody with experience with DMT cartridges? Is it easy enough to get a big breakthrough dose with them? I like the idea of having a discrete little dmt pen, but wanna make sure it still bangs for it's buck. Any input is appreciated. Trying to decide whether to get some powder or a cart.

I got a cart, looks exactly like the ones for distillate. Price was about 200 bucks, and it's convenient enough but it'll never be like a proper water bong hit.

I extract DMT, and I wanted to see what a cartridge was like before trying to make my own and it's kinda "meh" compared to changa. I think if the recipe was tweaked to have some harmalas in there though, could give it a bit more punch and last a bit longer.

To really get a good hit, you almost have to pull till the Cotten gets a little burnt and gross. Still fun though, mixes well with lysergamides

Last edited:
I got a cart, looks exactly like the ones for distillate. Price was about 200 bucks, and it's convenient enough but it'll never be like a proper water bong hit.

I extract DMT, and I wanted to see what a cartridge was like before trying to make my own and it's kinda "meh" compared to changa. I think if the recipe was tweaked to have some harmalas in there though, could give it a bit more punch and last a but longer.

To really get a good hit, you almost have to pull till the Cotten gets a little burnt and gross. Still fun though, mixes well with lysergamides
Thanks for your input! Definitely makes me consider just getting regular powder.

They've both got their merits. For a stroll in the park, and a little puff action, say a +1.5 experience, the cartridges aren't bad.

But if you really wanna visit other landscapes, can't beat Xstal

Last edited:
I ate 100 mg harmine waited 20 minutes and then ate 60 mg of DMT and barely felt anything, besides nausea. Is 20 minutes really long enough? I'm going increase amount of both the harmine and the DMT but not sure about 20 minutes being long enough. I read a gel cap doesn't melt for up to 30 minutes.

I ate 100 mg harmine waited 20 minutes and then ate 60 mg of DMT and barely felt anything, besides nausea. Is 20 minutes really long enough? I'm going increase amount of both the harmine and the DMT but not sure about 20 minutes being long enough. I read a gel cap doesn't melt for up to 30 minutes.

Try rolling paper instead of gel caps? Makes a nice weigh paper for the scale too

I've got no personal experience with this just yet, but it sounds like you're on the right track. There is anecdotal reports if similar experiences in Shulgin's literature. If you dig around, it's there. Might be a good "How to" guide for some of the details on dose and administration techniques. I know Changa would hit way different if the 2 were in the mix in some capacity together.

Start here and see what you can find

Lovely description. Speaking of Freud, I found this really beautiful quote of his the other day.
It dawns upon us like a new discovery that only something which has once been a perception can become conscious, and that anything arising from within that seeks to become conscious must try to transform itself into external perception.

I extract DMT, and I wanted to see what a cartridge was like before trying to make my own and it's kinda "meh" compared to changa. I think if the recipe was tweaked to have some harmalas in there though, could give it a bit more punch and last a bit longer.

E juice works well with a proper rig that has high enough output.
Using the smaller pens that works for thc is not great IMO.
I use a vaperezzo ravenger X.

But i agree that proper xtal or strong changa is another level.

For those interested, HPBCD complexed DMT sublingually active under tongue:

Wrote up complete instructions and pictures all updated for on sublingual HPBCD DMT & summary of over 44 sublingual experiences in a year's time (bottom of post #1 in above link), these experiences all must stronger than oral DMT by many factors. Zero nausea, zero dizziness, zero anxiety or un-easy feelings, deep head space, highly visual, strong open eyed and CEV's of spinning & dancing geometrics & real Ayahuasca visions, incredible music enhancement, way over the top open eyed beauty, neon colorful & highly euphoric, see trip reports bottom of post #1...will continue to use for the rest of my life, highly recommend.

My procedure:
1) place 60mg of DMT onto a spoon
2) add 1:1 molar ratio of host drug to HPBCD powder, this means 1:7 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD, use a 1:8 mg ratio DMT to HPBCD if you are using the 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
3) this means 60mg dmt placed on spoon, then add 420mg of HPBCD on top DMT, use 480mg HPBCD if you are using the 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
4) add 10 drops of very hot near boiling water to the mix from a nearby microwaved coffee mug for DMT doses of 90mg or below, use 12 drops of boiling hot water to mix DMT doses over 90mg (such as 100 to 120mg). 60mg DMT = +3 Shulgin level strength, 90 to 120mg = +5 Shulgin level life changing strength.
5) Knead or crush the HPBCD powder into the dmt using the end of a spoon for 2 minutes, scrape & mix everything back and forth hard using your muscles. This is how scientist pre-pare these complexes by kneading.
6) Hold a lighter under the spoon with flame around an inch or less away to heat up spoon for around 15 seconds or so to 110 degree F or more, so that complete dissolution or dissolving takes place, after heating up, mix the contents a little bit more before using, see pics.
6) Take 150 to 300mg tetrahydroharmine orally around 45 minutes before. Place 35mg of freebase harmine under your tongue. Then place bottom of your tongue onto HPBCD complexed DMT spoon, the HPBCD DMT glob will all adhere as HPBCD powder forms sticky complexes. Be sure to take the 35mg harmine and HPBCD DMT under tongue all at the exact same time in order to activate the DMT strongly.

Hold under tongue for 10 to 12 or 15 minutes depending on dosage, press down with bottom of tongue the whole time to trap sticky liquid complex in the sublingual mucosa. Be sure to use bottom end of tongue to lick any off spoon that is left behind, you want to get it all.

At end of 15 minutes, spit out any saliva into a cup instead of swallowing. Gently relieve any saliva during the 15 minute period as comfort dictates by leaning your head forward and spitting into a cup, but keep your tongue pressed down any time you relieve saliva. There is a mild to moderate sting felt but it's so worth enduring for the effects in 22 minutes. The sting does not bother me at all. The tongue is completely fine afterwards (no burn), and it's as if nothing happened the next day.

Pic 1: 300mg pure white tetrahydroharmine taken 45 minutes earlier orally, 35mg brown freebase harmine taken sublingually at same time (under tongue) as 90mg DMT complexed to (90 x 7 = 630mg HPBCD, use 90 x 8 = 720mg if using the more common 2-HPBCD) in 10 drops of boiling hot water.

Pic 5: Notice Bic lighter, dropper, mug of microwaved boiling hot water, 90mg DMT was added to spoon with (90 x 7 = 630mg plain white HPBCD) and crushed + mixed well for 2 minutes on the spoon (scraping all together back & forth hard using your muscles) using the end of another spoon in 10 drops of boiling hot water, then lighter held under spoon for 15 seconds or so to complete the dissolution of the DMT into the HPBCD. After heating up, mix the contents a little bit more before using.

Pic 3: Notice how well the DMT dissolved or complexed into the HPBCD. Make sure your 35mg harmine fb is under your tongue 1st, then place your tongue onto spoon, the sticky HPBCD complexed DMT will all adhere, get ready for a very strong journey that begins in 22 minutes, and lasts for 90 minutes, at which time you can re-dose more sublingual harmine + HPBCD DMT up to 2 more times, each dose just as strong as 1st dose, for a 4.5 hour long journey with super-long afterglow beyond that. No need to ever take more THH as it has a half-life of 10.5 hours with peak at 5.25 hours.

sublingual HPBCD DMT pics.PNG

Well apparently I officially broke through quite considerably. I used to smoke dmt a awhile ago and I was under the impression that I had broke through 1 or 2 times, but This was not the case.

There was roughly 30mg in the bowl from the previous night with which I had began to gently apply a flame to the bowl, took a minuscule hit, but then backed out right after. Tonight I added 40mg. I proceeded to take one massive hit and held it in. Upon exhaling something very different happened.

Holy fucking shit. I broke through on DMT and it was absolutely astounding in its majestic beauty.

By all means I did not expect to breakthrough thinking I was just gonna get some mild visual action. Well as soon as I exhaled the whole room was reduced to different colored cubed shapes with no other defining characteristics. My tv was just a solid black box, the paintings on my wall solid red/green squares and so on and these objects all started to move in jagged motions and then utterly transformed my field of vision.

Then boom I'm not even in my room anymore. Just in this odd but vividly gorgeous geometric like visual landscape that kept rapidly changing in appearance. I even encountered an "entity" like figure that was engaging with me and showing me how she can manipulate the environment and induce stupefying awe.

It suddenly began to reduce in intensity and i started to recognize I was back in the room, though there were still a lot of visuals goin on. Then it pretty much dissipated and I was completely back at baseline.

It was like a fading dream not because I have a hard time remembering the fairly intense before and after parts, but because I have a difficult time describing the otherworldly section. Probably due to the ineffable complexity and alien nature of the experience.

Last edited:
was going to see if I could amp the dosage up a bit. Put 70mg in a pipe stuffed between ash. I feel like a lot is indirectly destroyed by the flame of the lighter so I hope this will provide enough fuel for a trip to hyperspace.

I was always apprehensive about high dmt dosages because I would always try out smaller ones which would leave me with an uncomfortable body load and anxiety which was a bit unpleasant, but when you go for the right dose it’s paradoxically more relaxing and calming even though the visual component is extremely intense.

Well wasn’t a breakthrough but nonetheless it was awesome. I think I need a new medium cause the smoking and direct flame destroyed a considerable amount of the product, which at 70mg should have been adequate. It needs to be vaped so I’ll try buying a oil burner tomorrow.

Last edited:
Update 7.24.2022, other topics you may be interested in:

1) How to make THH or tetrahydroharmine with pics, post #13:
https://mycotopia.net/topic/111610-hpbcd-dmt-sublingually-active-under-tongue/
THH can be made by converting harmaline from rue seeds in 1.5 hour using vinegar, zinc dust, magnetic stirrer and 10% janitorial ammonium hydroxide from the hardware store or on-line.

2) One shot HPBCD DMT Ayahuasca, masks taste and increases absorption many factors with pics, post #42:
https://mycotopia.net/topic/111610-hpbcd-dmt-sublingually-active-under-tongue/page-3

3) Journal: 50 Sublingual HPBCD DMT Ayahuasca journeys over a years time with pics, post #19:
https://mycotopia.net/topic/111790-...bcd-dmt-ayahuasca-journeys-over-a-years-time/

4) LSH extract tek: 500 Heavenly blue morning glory extract in 1oz everclear + 1 oz wine, imagine your best 2 hit LSD experience x 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Experiences using 300mg oral THH 45 minutes before + 30mg HPBCD harmine sublingually + 90 to 150mg HPBCD DMT sublingually, these journeys are Ayahuasca, but zero nausea, zero dizziness or anxiety....still lasts 1.5 hour.

above link: 58,000 views with reports from other people using same method (such as L-dreamer and physics envy)

--> On my very first 300mg oral THH taken 45 minutes earlier + sublingual 60mg HPBCD DMT fb (60mg DMT complexed to x7 or 420mg HPBCD in 6 drops boiling hot water) combined with sublingual 30mg HPBCD harmine fb (30mg harmine complexed to x6 or 180mg HPBCD in 3 drops boiling hot water) held under tongue at exact same time journey with 2 sublingual re-doses at each 1.5 hour mark (had not used dmt in several months):

...all the way till 5am in the morning I was seeing closed eye visions of slow and high speed movies...I saw brightly colored serpents, dungeons I traveled thru, many Mesoamerican pyramids, women of incredible beauty, Japanese landscapes, dancing geometrics, many different animals on a rotating globe, walking on the planet-like globe as it spun, hundreds of visions like slow and high-speed movies over the course of many hours.

I wore headphones and listened to music the whole time, as the music sounded just like if I had taken a very strong cactus tea.

I saw the interiors of many magnificent homes, exposed like a camera flash went off, then off to the next home interior, bizarre alien looking creatures, I saw ancient ruins but they were seen as they were before they fell apart. All sorts of architectural wonders appeared that I could not make out exactly what time period they were from.

All the visions were enchanting & manifested incredible beauty. The multi-colored beautiful serpents kept appearing several times in different forms, as if they have some prominence to do with it all, two of them had shining skin covered in gold scales and intertwined like DNA, reminds me of the Aztec quetzalcoatl myth, the "serpent of precious feathers."

...all of these visions were brightly colored due to the sublingual DMT/harmine and oral THH combo all night long..it was one of the most powerful psychedelic experiences of my life...and I've taken Ayahuasca x 70 times, cactus 200 times, etc...I have never had over 5 hours of non-stop CEV visions anything close to what I saw that first night.

The visions inspired me to buy a book on the Aztec myth of "Quetzalcoatl, the serpent of precious feathers", as I feel somehow this entity is a "teacher to mankind". I saw the brightly colored serpents many times in the 5 hours of visions, and now I understand why they are so commonly reported in Ayahuasca journeys.

They seem to possess divine knowledge that humans were not supposed to have been privileged to, but the serpents gifted this knowledge to humankind.

Recently found a 1.5 hour video on Amazon prime entitled "Ancient Alien Origins" which is all about this ancient alien flying serpent or dragon entity which is found in all religions of the world & "BAM, Builders of the Ancient Mysteries".
HPBCD and Erogopharm's cyclodiol.JPG
zzz 5000 (2).JPG
zzz 5001 (2).JPG
zzz 700 (2).JPG
zzz 701 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Food for thought;

A short DMT trip is just like jiu jitsu.

Keep your guard up, roll with it, accept the position and install the wisdom. Then tap and grow.

Does Acacia Confusa bark provide decent purity DMT? I used to use Mimosa root bark. But quality varied, some were very good some had a weird mix of jungle compounds.

Does anyone here know a good comparison between smoked DMT dosages and oral ones with a pharmaceutical MAOI like moclobemide? I really have no idea where to start or what to expect, I've never used DMT orally before but decided it's a good time to start planning it.