• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Deliriants Thread

you should just try some drugs if you are so interested in them.

-i dont think you will find many people who have enjoyed deliriants on here.

As someone who did Diph idiotically like this for over a year, let me tell you:

IT IS NOT FUN.

AT ALL.

Lower dosages (around 100-200 mg) can enhance listening to music but it's not worth it, man.

I can hide the effects of most drugs from people around me. I CAN'T hide the effects of Diph.

The last time I did it at a really high dosage, I blacked out, fell out of my seat and proceeded to have a seizure. I'd rather not that happen again, so I'm done with Diph except for use as an antihistamine and sleep aid, like it should be used.

Man, I can't understand what you're trying to achieve with this topic TC, it's obvious that the userbase here has (based on experience that you do not share) a differing opinion than your own, so why is everyone wasting their virtual breath?

It's funny you say about talking to the refridgerator cos thats exactly what i did one time.. found by my ex girlfriends (gf at the time) mum.. i thought i was talkin to my gf! She found me at various points in the night talking to myself.. then it turned into the worst trip ever and i contemplated hanging myself (i didn't know i was tripping)..

But!

I could imagine it being good on MDMA.. althought i would think the MDMA experience will be nowhere near as good, while the diphenyhdramine 1 will be 100x better.

Also, i have done it in the day.. it just seems to kill your short term memory without much delerium.

DELIRIANTS, DISSOCIATIVES, AND PSYCHADELICS ARE ALL PART OF A GREATER CATEGORY KNOWN AS HALLUCINOGENS. How many times do I have to say this?

But deliriants are the only of those catagory of drugs that can make you KNOW you aren't on a drug and will make you literally hallucinate real-world objects, places, and people with no visual distortions.

Others might make you black out and have other-worldy visions or moving patterns, things like that, nothing like a deliriant trip. (It's not like you will be seeing any deliriant RC's out anytime soon...god I hope not.)

As I said before, the experience could also have something of a "cleansing" effect. Sort of like "purity through hell", which I've seen the synthetic psychadelic DPT described as

Having not tried DPT or DMT (Yet), I wouldn't know, a better mind/soul cleansing experience IMO is soothing music, Ketamine or Mushrooms with meditation / resting in your room on your bed in a trip alone going into my own head.

Granted some may say its a bad idea if your trying to 'clean/fix' your body n mind because of depression or whatever ails you, deliriants are much less forgiving in that sense.

So we have all tried acid, shrooms salvia etc, but has ANYONE tried a deliriant. i had a look on wikipedia and they sound like they can literaly handicap you for a while, and largely unpleasant for that matter. so does anyone have any first hand accounts they'd like to share?

i have first hand seen someone on datura...not fun. pretty much no attention span, unable to form a thought, slurring, drooling...not pretty

datura is a evil drug. It is in no way psychedelic.. It is more like the plant wants you dead. read some erowid reports. Just nasty stuff.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura.shtml
you have to have a sitter cause you will think your talking to a friend on your porch when your really just laying in the street in the dark.

I really would like to try a true hallucinogen. One day I will. :)
Many people tried datura claim it is not fun at all, and I am wondering whether all deliriants are unpleasant or only atropine/datura is crap.

I think it is possible to take dose such that it causes hallucinations but you still take all critically.

Deliriants(anticholinergics) are really the only drugs that cause "true" hallucinations, in the strictest sense of the word. Still, they are pretty nasty and not very enjoyable.
I've had a few experiences with diphenhydramine.

My friend told me about him and a few people he knew trying extracted scopolamine. He said they smoked cigarettes that weren't there, watched TV on the ceiling and talked to non existent people. What fun. 8)

...Many people tried datura claim it is not fun at all, and I am wondering whether all deliriants are unpleasant or only atropine/datura is crap.

I think it is possible to take dose such that it causes hallucinations but you still take all critically.

I don't think it's possible to separate the unpleasant side effects from the hallucinations with these types of drugs. The side effects as well as the hallucinations are both the result of the same mechanism: antagonism of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. You will experience the negative physical side effects (e.g. dry mouth, tachycardia, blurred vision, urinary retention etc.) at lower doses than what's required to produce delirium (which also is likely to be unpleasant by it's own nature).

I can understand the curiosity though, I wish there was a better option for true hallucinations.

I think you can have "true hallucinations" on dissociatives, at least. My room has significantly changed size (literally a quarter of the size) on Ketamine, and I was in a room with a big escalator, as convincing as you'd like, when actually I was lying in my bed. Or do you want to call these dreams? What's the difference?

Deliriants(anticholinergics) are really the only drugs that cause "true" hallucinations, in the strictest sense of the word. Still, they are pretty nasty and not very enjoyable.
I've had a few experiences with diphenhydramine.

DPH can get nuts thats for sure. I saw a whole army of warewolves trying to kill me.. they were covered in spiders and snakes as well..

I think you can have "true hallucinations" on dissociatives, at least. My room has significantly changed size (literally a quarter of the size) on Ketamine, and I was in a room with a big escalator, as convincing as you'd like, when actually I was lying in my bed. Or do you want to call these dreams? What's the difference?

Ive had true hallucinations on K and DXM, and Salvia, and DPH... and Amanita Muscaria.

I

Datura is extremely unpredictable dependant on source, time of year, and most of all the part of the plant being used.
Around here datura comes in the form of jimson weed where they grow both spikey balls of seeds and trumpet looking flowers, with varying amounts of alkaloids - from what I hear the flowers are the most potent. Unless you know someone with a time tested method I wouldn't fuck with it!
When I was way younger/stupider i ate a whole ball of seeds went to the movies fell asleep, woke up and nothing - seeds were harvested old and dry. AM I EVER GLAD THEY DIDN'T WORK!! STUPID MOVE!!
My best friend ate them with a couple others in middle school and they all got kicked out, he didn't even remember his mom slapping him in the office....long story short it fucked him up for at least three days and now he has a hard time tripping on anything

^ Yeah, I heared that datura can be really, really unpleasant. Thanks for the info about varying alkaloid content, I will take this into account. I think I'll stick to synthetic atropin for precise dose measuring.

The side effects as well as the hallucinations are both the result of the same mechanism: antagonism of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. You will experience the negative physical side effects (e.g. dry mouth, tachycardia, blurred vision, urinary retention etc.) at lower doses than what's required to produce delirium (which also is likely to be unpleasant by it's own nature).
Ok, thank you. This answers my question. I'll lay out this idea for indefinite period of time:)

Ive had true hallucinations on K and DXM, and Salvia, and DPH... and Amanita Muscaria.

ive never had such "true" ones. i mean, ive seen shit grow, and colours completely change, everything has turned cartoony and "rain" has fallen from the sky on a sunny day.
when you say true do you mean that youve seen like rabbits and cows and other people that arent there?