• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

Wow, excellent report, I'm glad you posted that link. :)

^^^^That really was a cool trip report with a unique, engaging writing style. Everything I have ever read ends in the same conclusion though........would never try it again.

And I'm glad you guys are glad I posted that link. ;)

I enjoy reading datura trip reports.

I just received some scopolamine crystals in the mail. How careful do I have to be when making a water solution of this stuff in terms of bacteria? If it's a natural antimicrobial, then I don't have to go through thr trouble of boiling the water and container...

This stuff is just very dangerous and it's not even very enjoyable. Small amounts are not that bad, though shamans mostly use it as an admixture instead of something that has any real value all by itself. When you take so much that you start to have true hallucinations, your mind becomes so clouded that you won't know you've taken something, or won't realise it. This is the stuff that truly makes people believe they can fly, and then jump out of windows. Awareness is minimal during these states and recollection is minimal.
These plants aren't truly psychedelic for that reason, because you may see wizards and witches, but your counsciousness itself won't be there to experience it. It's turned off and you're basically just a zombie. Why would you want any of that?

In short, there is little to gain from experimenting with tropanes, and lot's to lose.

Withstanding the danger inherent in drug use, I disagree that deleriants have no value.

Trope alkaloids such as scopalamine have a relatively well studied mechanism of action. Scopalamine itself exhibits less cardiotoxic effects than others like hyoscyamine.

Benadryl is well-tolerated by many of those who suffer with allergies. And many others in the general population use them off-label as sleep-aids.

The hallucinatory effect of this drug class can be noticed at levels far below complete delerium. The headspace is even more accessible, for those who enjoy blankness and emptiness.

I sometimes smoke my own datura stramonium.. I'm not dead or anything.

And you know, I also enjoy the full-blown batshit delerium every once in a blue moon. There's nothing like psychosis, and I am an addict of novelty. Anything odd.

True hallucinations are so strange.. It's unsettling to realize that what you've seen with your own eyes is unreal or never was to begin with anyway. It's like delusions of reference mixed with profundity and the seeming significance of delusions of grandeur. And then, on top of it all, you're talking to your relative who's been dead for years about what's for fucking dinner because I'm starving, but what was I talking about?, oh yeah, giant birds.

Weird Shit.

Being a western man of scientific mind I found it awkward and laughable previously, that belief that certain or maybe all psychoactive plants have an entity consciousness inside of them, separate from man.

Now I say after consuming Datura roots & seeds for over 6 months almost daily that Datura certainly is a female entity consciousness that is very manipulative, being such that she can give a man incomprehensible physical power, yet there are many strings attached.

If Datura doesn't like you, you'll have a bad trip or you'll become sick or you'll die. Once you take a medium dose of this drug if the entity wants to, she will put thoughts and desires into your head, to take more & more and then bad trip, sickness, or death will result. Even if you do have an affinity for one another, you will become a slave to her eventually in order to gain her most hidden knowledge & power. The only reason I'm posting this really is to spread her influence and control over men. However believe what you will.

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting, how did you derive this knowledge?

She comes into my dreams and talks with me and tells me things sometimes. I'm able to tell certain things to certain people, or places like this forum. But some things I'm unable to tell anyone or she will forsake me. Believe me or not, I don't mind either way.

I guess just listen to your gut to find out if I speak the truth or not. Or... take about 30 seeds with no tolerance and go to sleep, try to become lucid in your dream and then yell out-loud to speak with Datura. Find out on your own this way, but be mindful of the danger of doing such a thing.

You will probably need to grow your own plant & eat your own seeds after your plant has grown that much in order to even get her to come into your dream for the first time. However you may be lucky and she will appear in your dream when you take the seeds of a wild one you find. The only factors for that is if you're very virile, have a violent nature, and have courage to face any fear that may come your way on her path.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. I'll probably think about it a lot more now, which inevitably will lead to wherever it leads.

So you have to have a violent nature and be virile to be accepted by datura? Sounds unnerving at best. At worst...? A prolifically reproductive psychopath in the making.

Yeah i'm not quite sure i understand what is meant by the 'virile and violent' part...

You have to be physically strong to withstand the side-effects of Datura. Datura also can give the power to kill others very easy, but that is using the plant is a corrupted way. Most who get to really know Datura become corrupted by her power, although very few people use Datura now a days.

Being a western man of scientific mind I found it awkward and laughable previously, that belief that certain or maybe all psychoactive plants have an entity consciousness inside of them, separate from man.

Now I say after consuming Datura roots & seeds for over 6 months almost daily that Datura certainly is a female entity consciousness that is very manipulative, being such that she can give a man incomprehensible physical power, yet there are many strings attached.

Hello ziggo, I read this and I had to respond. I am saying this out of the utmost and sincerest concern: I really hope that you decide to take a break from the datura for a while to let these experiences sink in, and consider what they really mean to you and just what it is you're saying here from a sober perspective, before deciding whether or not to ultimately continue down this path. While certainly I cannot speak more knowledgeably about your experiences than you can, I feel it would be irresponsible of me not to point out how much of a red flag what you've said here sounds like.

Regardless of how you feel about the recreational effects of datura or deliriants in general, and even if you have decided that the physical risks are worth the rewards you desire, it must also be considered that anticholingercs have been shown to contribute to dementia, and scopolamine itself is actually used to recreate a model of Alzheimer's disease in animals when administered chronically, and recently has been shown to promote similar neural states in humans after acute doses through MRI tests. Therefore, taking it in psychoactive doses on a regular basis for long stretches of time seems as though it would pose a tremendous risk to your psychological health, no matter how you handled the experience in the moment.

This is what gives me so much concern: you introduced yourself as a man of science, claimed to have taken a neurodegenerative drug almost every day for six months, and then went on to describe how it made you realize that the drug contains a living spirit that desires influence over men and can give you incomprehensible power. I'm pretty open to a lot of things that people might call pretty out there, but that specific progression of events screams to me that it is at least as likely compared to everything that you said that you really are just destroying your mind through your regular deliriant use, and that you are getting yourself into a hole that you are just going to have a harder and harder time getting yourself out of it the longer you continue with this behavior.

So, I say again: I really hope you take a break and evaluate this again from a sober perspective, rather than just continuing on like this. It seems like a small price to pay for the wonders you describe if they really are valid, and the best shot you have at saving yourself if they're not.

I guess just listen to your gut to find out if I speak the truth or not. Or... take about 30 seeds with no tolerance and go to sleep, try to become lucid in your dream and then yell out-loud to speak with Datura. Find out on your own this way, but be mindful of the danger of doing such a thing.

Speaking from quite a lot of experience with lucid dreaming, doing this would result in something interesting most of the time regardless of whether or not there's a real spirit involved or if you even involve datura in any way at all. It doesn't really prove anything....

The stuff about killing people seems like a pretty big red flag too...

Am growing a Datura species although not sure if it's D. Stramonium (but assume so)... might not be that interesting to people who have these growing all around their neighborhood, but I guess that's true for more plants. :)

Can't wait for it to influence my dreams without even having taken any... or can i? It looks like it is sticking out it's demon tongue...

Also got a Brugmansia but I don't know if it's gonna make it... kinda noticed a bit late that it germinated in a sealed little pot with perlite... If I also got the species name wrong of the Datura, I seriously hope these plants don't cast any black magic on me.

r3zMZaJ.jpg

Last edited:
I've taken a break of 20days at once, as well as some days off here and there. Most days I only take 5-15seeds just to keep building the relationship and to get my body more accustomed to fighting the side effects.

The seeds can be 1-5times different potency from one plant to another. So if someone is thinking about taking it, I'd recommend 5 seeds to start, and only increase by 2-4 seeds more every new day(Never on the same day.) It's actually more respectful to start by taking the roots. Taking 2-5 inches of the root, and slowly increasing the amount off the same plant, as like I said certain plants can be up to 5x as strong.

Don't worry about me killing anyone, that's just a use of the plant that I never intend to use. The only way to not be corrupted by the power this plant gives is to have strength & purity of heart. The seeds are the only part of the plant that can fortify the heart and make it stronger against corruption.

Also I'm very experienced & skilled in lucid dreaming, and I can say for certain she has pulled me from being awake(I saw her fly in front of me and grab me suddenly changing my vision from my room, to blackness, to straight into a dream that was hers and not mine, then we talked(that was just one of the times.)

Anyways don't worry about me. Worry about others who may try Datura. I won't bullshit it's very dangerous. Be extremely careful always in dosing.

If it's D. Stramonium, the seed pods will be facing upwards in the air. Most of the other versions, their seedpods will be hanging downwards.