• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

I think you're fooling yourself about that purity of heart. There have enough books, stories, movies etc (although I struggle to recall titles) showing us that we all have the capacity to be savage under the right circumstances. And I believe that: we all have a dark side and part of 'being good' is realizing that we are just good at suppressing it not that it is not there. Just like it is healthy to be able to feel negative, not an ideal to be euphoric 100% of the time which would be sort of pathological.
Whatever your experiences so far are telling you, I don't see how you can be so certain that becoming that savage isn't just a matter of (accidentally) dosing so high that all restraints preventing that savageness are lifted. It seems rather like a very peculiar sort of disinhibition as I don't buy that people who have done such fucked up things high on Datura had bad intentions just like I don't believe the kid who murdered his mom on MXP did.

So, no offense, but I am worried about you almost as much as I'd worry about anyone taking this substance. You would do well to err on the side of caution rather than on being pursuaded by whatever these experiences whisper in your ears.
If there's truth to what you say about differences in effect on people - and that definitely doesn't seem like a strange idea, I believe it would be a matter of how much negative emotions are bottled up (which may be subconscious for a fair part). The special sort of 'disinhibition' plus lack of self-awareness or self-control might be able to bring out those urges. That is another way of saying how you look at it, but IMO it also means that nobody is immune to terrible things happening as strong enough effects could still let minor urges run free with serious results.

Make a standardized extract if you haven't done so already. At least that more or less takes care of accidental overdosages.

But thanks very much for pointing out a way to determine these species or at least a way to identify D. Stramonium. :D

Last edited:
Angels trumpet Portugal

Here is my experience with Angel trumpets.
So I was quite drunk and had read about these plants earlier that day. They grow everywhere in Portugal. I think I am quite lucky not to be dead. Here's what happened.

I took 30 flowers from the massive tree( I have seen large plants before but this was a full grown tree) and ripped up the white petals and put 20 of them to boil on the stove with a lid on.
Because I was drunk I put in some sangria for Flavour?.

The other ten I tried to dry out using another pot. I thought they would eventually burn and I would inhale the fumes straight from
The pot.

So I gave up on the smoking part and just mixed the 2 pots together.
I left the tea to cool down and separated the liquid from the plant.
It was more or less 1 litre .

This is where's things got interesting. I can only remember the parts when I snapped back to reality and realised what I was doing.
I was having a full on conversation with someone and when I turned round they were gone. I thought they were playing with me so I ran out the hotel room to look for them then remembered I was high and went back. The same thing happened again and again with different people. I even had a conversation with the door but it didn't look like a door at the time it Was cool to see it morph back into a door and I laughed realising I was having a massive trip. I was also a little scared because I was so convinced the person was there.

My wife who didn't drink any said I was saying really random shit. I started feeling very tired and fell asleep. I woke up and my wife had gone to get breakfast. I had pissed the bed. I remember in my dream laughing so much with someone that I pissed myself in my dream.

My belief is that you fall asleep and when u open your eyes you continue to dream until a noise or movement snaps you back to reality. Or maybe your wideawake but it felt like waking up from a dream when you snap back to reality.

Here's the scary part. It's has been about 48 hours since the very strong high. The first scary thing is That I couldn't see properly. I couldn't read at all because the writing was very blurry. Even when the page was close To my face. I couldn't sleep properly. I kept jumping out my sleep.( when you fall in you dream then wake up) this happened about 20/30 times in 2 hours on he flight home and also every time on the way to the airport and the taxi home when I fell asleep.
I kept thinking I was holding a glass and brought it up to my mouth but i had nothing in my hand. The same thing with cigarettes( this was after I had already come down from the initial hard hallucinations) That was a bit embarrassing because at that time I was walking in public.
I believe the high you get from this plant comes when dreaming and wake up and continue to dream or when you day dream you get audio and physical hallucinations. When I say physical I refer to when I thought I was holding things.

My eyes are still the most dialated they have ever been even though I don't feel high anymore.

I don't 100%feel back to normal.
Overall i enjoyed the moments I can remember. I'm proud of myself for not freaking out. And a bit scared that the fumes I had been inhaling from the pot have damaged my eyes slightly .

P.s I don't know how much I drank because the glass jug I had it in was broken when I sobered up.

Hope someone found my story helpful.

Last edited:
I've been reading about Brugmansia and I can't understand how I'm still alive. I made a tea with 30 flowers !!! 30.

Jesus man, you're a lucky fellow. It's likely they were not very potent flowers. Be careful people... if you must choose to try datura, at least read enough about it first so you realize that 30 flowers could be lethal, don't just grab a handful of leaves/flowers/seeds/etc and go with whatever you grabbed.

You cant argue with this logic.
I live in a world where two of my most trusted peers "practice magic." I also cannot tell you they are crazy, as all of my reasoning capacity shows it works. Yikes!!!! ?

Me, Im not ready for the datura test...I still have not even had ayahuasca.

I think you're fooling yourself about that purity of heart. There have enough books, stories, movies etc (although I struggle to recall titles) showing us that we all have the capacity to be savage under the right circumstances. And I believe that: we all have a dark side and part of 'being good' is realizing that we are just good at suppressing it not that it is not there. Just like it is healthy to be able to feel negative, not an ideal to be euphoric 100% of the time which would be sort of pathological.
Whatever your experiences so far are telling you, I don't see how you can be so certain that becoming that savage isn't just a matter of (accidentally) dosing so high that all restraints preventing that savageness are lifted. It seems rather like a very peculiar sort of disinhibition as I don't buy that people who have done such fucked up things high on Datura had bad intentions just like I don't believe the kid who murdered his mom on MXP did.

So, no offense, but I am worried about you almost as much as I'd worry about anyone taking this substance. You would do well to err on the side of caution rather than on being pursuaded by whatever these experiences whisper in your ears.
If there's truth to what you say about differences in effect on people - and that definitely doesn't seem like a strange idea, I believe it would be a matter of how much negative emotions are bottled up (which may be subconscious for a fair part). The special sort of 'disinhibition' plus lack of self-awareness or self-control might be able to bring out those urges. That is another way of saying how you look at it, but IMO it also means that nobody is immune to terrible things happening as strong enough effects could still let minor urges run free with serious results.

Make a standardized extract if you haven't done so already. At least that more or less takes care of accidental overdosages.

But thanks very much for pointing out a way to determine these species or at least a way to identify D. Stramonium. :D

For clarity... I mean a full (delirium) dose. Datura is a valuable ally of mine for nausea...and luck...one or two seeds at a time at most.

Being a western man of scientific mind I found it awkward and laughable previously, that belief that certain or maybe all psychoactive plants have an entity consciousness inside of them, separate from man.

Now I say after consuming Datura roots & seeds for over 6 months almost daily that Datura certainly is a female entity consciousness that is very manipulative, being such that she can give a man incomprehensible physical power, yet there are many strings attached.

If Datura doesn't like you, you'll have a bad trip or you'll become sick or you'll die. Once you take a medium dose of this drug if the entity wants to, she will put thoughts and desires into your head, to take more & more and then bad trip, sickness, or death will result. Even if you do have an affinity for one another, you will become a slave to her eventually in order to gain her most hidden knowledge & power. The only reason I'm posting this really is to spread her influence and control over men. However believe what you will.
That is crazy that you consumed that much Datura. ?

The only people I know who have consumed it, did so in combination with Ayahuasca and the shaman or ceremony leader was the one who put the Datura into the Ayahuasca for them. Another person I once knew thought he ate Datura and it turned out to be a completely different plant that was toxic that he ate and he felt very sick and delirious from it as though he had a high fever, but he did not have a fever, and his mouth and throat began to sting very badly. He did not go to a hospital and said the effects went away on their own.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful plant, but way too unpredictable.

I'd never take it either but the reports are fascinating.

This woman who lived down the street from me in the 90s, nice as could be, always very polite to me. Pakistani, maybe Indian, not sure.

She'd walk past my house every day, get to this vacant lot, stop, look up to the sky and start yelling in her native tongue.

I had no idea what she was saying, but I figured that she had issues with god or something like that. After five, ten, maybe fifteen minutes, she'd calm down and continue on her walk.

Later, she'd ride past on her bike.

One time, some guy from the neighbourhood, decides to brew up some of the Brugmansia common in the local gardens.

He seemed quite lucid until he saw this woman yelling foreign obscenities up at the trees. It freaked him right out.

He runs up to her. "Are you real?!" he yells. She stops and looks back at him with a look of real concern. "Pardon?"

"ARE. YOU. REAL??!" he demands, but before she could answer, he drops her like a bag of bricks and runs off screaming.

She was a little stunned, but seemed to understand completely, the insanity in this place. She'd continue walking past daily, but I never saw her yelling up at the trees again.

I believe the idiot who knocked her down ended up in hospital after using his hands to try and dig into the void between the white lines running down the centre of a busy road.

I have never even considered trying the stuff.

They should close this thread. Seeing as it is promoting a very dangerous substance.

My Mother does not approve.
Reading the post about dude losing his eye sight make me definitely not want to try this shit.If you do your already crazy lol

The only way to take tropane alkaloids is in professionally-measured doses directed by a doctor.

I hope no one chooses to indulge

I've ate Datura seeds raw over 1,000 times now. It's the best thing in the world. <3 Makes me feel soo good always.

ziggo, you're the only person I've ever come across on the Internet who has had that kind of experience with datura. For the sake of harm reduction, I need to state that datura is a very dangerous drug. Read the trip reports on Erowid, almost all of them are bad, often disastrous. You may have found a way to utilize it, but a lot of kids looking to get high read posts on here and the instant they see someone say they liked it, they're like "OKAY I'M GONNA EAT THIS WHOLE SEED POD THEN LOL" and that's how people get hurt. Datura contains very potent and toxic substances, and the vast majority of users end up doing a bunch of crazy shit without realizing that they're doing crazy shit. You don't have the ability to realize that you're completely delusional. Seriously, do not use datura as a way to get high. My buddy has a cousin who took a bunch and almost died and has never been the same since then.

It's a sacred plant. if someone doesn't respect her and takes too much, that is simply their lot in life. smoking marijuana is like a high school kid hitting on a college woman. whereas taking Datura is like a high school kid walking up to a badass bitch gang member and telling her that she belongs to him.

The Erowid report posted some years ago where some guy took this & ended up running around naked shouting "I am the Terminator" & got arrested says it all.