• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

Only time I taken datura it was one whole seed pod with seven belladona berries.How big dose it was? It was in July from botanic garden,plants had perfect conditions for grow.

That was a wild trip report Psychonautical , I liked it alot

Im still never going near that stuff though , sounds like 3 days of terror

Has anyone here actually tried the Datura-lard ointment?
I for one am not thinking of attempting this anytime soon but i was wondering if anyone has experience using the ointment procedure described on an earlier page.

I don't know if there is a Datura Megathread or anything like that so I decided why not make one? Hopefully it will reach out to people that are thinking of trying it that haven't yet read about it.

Post all of your experieces and questions here.

For the best information on datura visit these links-

Datura Basic Details-
http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_basics.shtml

Effects of Datura-
http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_effects.shtml

What it looks like incase you may come across it-
http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_images.shtml

Datura FAQ-
http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_faq.shtml

Datura Experiences-
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Datura.shtml

Feel free to post your personal experiences, questions, thoughts.

P.S- I wouldn't be interested in this if I were you- Read the experiences if you wan't to know why

Considering there already is a megathread on this, lets consider this a welcome bump. Everyone with personal experiences please get those old memories from the attic, I support the gesture. :)

anyone here with any experience approaching tropane plants for spiritual insight???
has anyone bonded with the datura as a plant teacher..??

*i'm not looking for a debate regarding plant spirits, if you have experience you know what i mean. if you've never been given any experience which leads you to believe in sentience within plants, then i need no reply.*

i've been growing datura and brugmansia for a few years just as a companion...i've never met with them, and am not necessarily planning on doing so. i'm just curious to collect information on people approaching these plants with INTENTION, and by that i mean intention beyond 'getting fucked up' or 'trippin balls'. i love the energy of my tropane plants..just sitting beside them is enough for me :D

smoking datura

So, I hope this isn't redundant, but I've smoked all my datura and don't plan to get more.

I used it to augment my hand-rolled cigs--the taste reminded me of oysters for some reason
Other than that we (me and friends) smoked it after cannabis, LSD, MDMA, BZP, coke, tina, n20, basically everything and anything we had for an evening.

the dat always seemed to have an additive effect and did cancel some nausea experienced with awful bzp.

One time I ran inside, after smoking a 50/50 mix bowl of dat/mj. I became scared by my visions...lol

solipsis said:
Can anyone comment on what could be different about eating flowers, seeds or leaves of these Datura/Jimsonweed/etc ? Is it pretty much the same, and also does the potency vary as much in all parts of the plant?

From "Distribution of Atropine and Scopolamine in Different Organs and Stages of Development Datura Stramonium L. (Solanaceae). Structure and Ultastructure of Biosynthesizing cells." By Alireza Iranbakhsh, Mohammad Ali Oshaghi, and Ahmad Majd:
daturaalkaloiddistribution.jpg

Haven't read the paper yet, will do so later and say anything interesting I see in it. Seems to say some different things than the other paper I read, but the other one was from the EFSA and had different aims so I probably just misread it. I'll go over that one again too.

soli said:
So grinding up seems to best after all doesn't it? And oral dosing does sound better than smoking, you just have to have more patience titrating your dose.

While I can't verify it, erowid lists onset and comeup as both up to two hours each. So it might be like trying to titrate DOx's.

^The authors of the article cited several similar ones where alkaloid content in the seeds was much much higher.

Also, results of experimenting thus far (all experiences involve tea, some also combine smoking with it, not sure merits of latter ROA yet):
Physical Side effects:
-cottonmouth, dry skin, lowered bowel motility, slowed digestion
-blurred vision, inability to sweat (watch out for overheating!), slight impairment of motor coordination.

Mental effects:
-Headspace not particularly pleasant or unpleasant, just neutral.
-Slight feeling of disconnection, initial onset of effects somewhat pleasant

I have come across a plant/tree in my neighbourhood which appears very much to be a brugmansia, it looks exactly like this:
800px-Brugmansia_candida_flowers.jpg

I took a few flowers home but they do not appear to have any seeds lol, wtf. If you open the flower there are these stamen pollen tipped things, not seeds.
I ate a couple flowers but it didn't do anything, I know you're supposed to make like a tea but I didn't know how, was lazy and impatient anyway. Anyway just curious,
is it possible it is some other plant that looks exactly like brugmansia? Or am I just doing it wrong, where are the seed pods? Do they come from a different part or at a different time of year?

this is probably an irresponsible post...but....
anyone interested in the datura headstate but wary of the physical dangers could investigate Procyclidine.
The town i grew up people were taking this stuff and stupidly spiking each other's drinks with it. Ive seen and heard of people being delusional for days [ looking for the phantom datura dropped cigarette, stroking bits of news paper thinking it was thier pet, pouring drinks for imaginary people, kissing coats etc etc ] but didnt hear of anyone becoming ill, other than raised blood pressure, sweats and shakes

So im gonna try to answer the original question of the first poster (from what i can remember after reading 8 pages lol).
like just about all plants, there is varying amounts of alkaloids depending on many factors including time of year, soil quality part of plant used ect. so the best way to figure dosage is to grind the sample so it is more or less mixed, and start VERY SMALL. i cant stress this enough.
In regards to whether there is a difference between datura and brugmansia, yes but very subtle, like hops in different brands of beer. however i have heard from close friends who have tried henbane and belladonna as well as daturas and brugmansias, they claim there are noticable differences.
In regards to what to try (not that you should try any) i would suggest henbane, as it has had the most use in early and mid age europe as a drug, where belladonna and daturas have only been used as surgery aids, witches brews and poisons.
the only experience i have had with tropane alkaloids is PILSENKRAUT, essentially what all germanic and easter european beers were before the discovery of asian hops.
if you are interested in making pilsenkraut here is a recipe.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/alcohol/alcohol_brew.shtml
you can also find experiences online. like i said potency of these plants vary so if you use 40g of plant material, dont drink it all at once and DEFINITELY do not expect the same experience from the same recipe if you like it and make more.
henbane is safer than the other plants because it generally has less variation in alkaloids plant to plant, and has a good ratio of different tropane alkaloids to result in a (more) pleasant trip that doesnt last as long or have as bad after effects.
i hope someone finds this useful, as i would not go head on with daturas brugmansias or belladonnas, but have had enjoyable usually lighter one night trips with pilsenkraut.
here is the wiki page on henbane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henbane

me my gf and my roomate have datura alot its like transforming your self into the world of hell

When your young shit don't matter. Yes we casualy used datura at least five times each. I wouldn't do it again after some of the experiences I have had but yes we casually used it on many setting seems odd bit we are all hardcore into disso/ tripping/opiates so datura seemed like a fun one and it grew alot in our neighborhood