• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The Big & Dandy Cross Tolerance Thread

Its possible that they just didnt dry enough and you just didnt take in enough LSD. Unless you have a really hot car it shouldnt have degraded by that much that quickly.

There shouldnt be that big of an issue in terms of cross tolerance here though, seeing as LSD is an ergotamine with only tryptamine (and phenethylamine) skeleton, and not a tryptamine itself.

I do not understand what people mean when LSD has a phenethylamine and tryptamine skeleton. That doesn't make much sense...

But since OP barely tripped off of this acid, I am reasonably sure that the shrooms will provide a full trip.

if you've got the stuff to spare you could risk it and probably still trip, but personally i would just wait for another time.

merged

LSD seems to give me the biggest tolerance of any psych (and the tolerance seems to affect all psychs not just LSD)

id wait for another time.

How's the cross-tolerance for 2C-E and 4-AcO-DMT, I imagine they would be at least somewhat cross-tolerant since they both bind to 5ht2a receptors, however I've often heard people not even noticing any cross-tolerance between them - so what's the real truth?

I'm pretty convinced that just about all psychs cross-tolerate with each other, at least in my case. For LSD and psilocybin, I have to wait well over a week before a normal dose for me works well again. For phens, a week is usually good. I have also noticed that on two occasions I have taken 2C-E and then just after the peak I ate 2 and 3.5 grams of 'shrooms and felt what can hardly be described as a baseline effect both times. The way this all works out from person to person is so weird.

tolerance shrooms + acid

Does tolerance increase for both acid and shrooms when one or the other is done?

Or could you do shrooms one week, then acid the next week and have your tolerance at baseline levels all the time?

Yes there is a cross tolerance that exists due to their related site of agonism at the 5-ht2a receptor, and the down regulation they both can induce. the 5-ht2a receptors seems to be easy to downregulate and takes a slow time for them to get back to the original point. Though, interestingly enough DMT for some reason doesn't see the same ease of induction for the downregulation of the receptor subtype. But anyway, if your first weekends dose wasn't a fairly large dose, a week shouldn't be an issue interms of tolerance. Your tolerance will not be back to 0, but it shouldn't be that huge of lose of effects.

Well answered, I think that was it actually :)

Also check the cross tolerance thread... wait, I will merge ya.

Ive dosed 5 grams of mushrooms, then dosed 2 hits of acid 1 night after the shrooms and noticed hardly any cross tolerance.

Hello all.

I just have a quick question about psychedelic tolerance/cross tolerance. I did search, but it's kind of a specific question which would need the input of experienced psychedelic users.

In a few days, I am planning to take a small dose of dried mushrooms (1/2g - 1g) followed a couple of hours later by a large dose (30mg) of 2cb (don't bother asking me why I would do something so strange). I am aware that there is some cross tolerance between the two substances, I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile.

I know from experience that after initial dosing of a psychedelic further dosing generally only leads to a prolonged high rather than a more intense high. However, I was wondering if this effect would still be present when the initial dose is so small. I wouldn't want to waste the 2cb.

Even with all the pharmaceutical knowledge in the world this is one of those tricky situations where people's personal experiences give a far better indication of the likely outcome. So that's why I posted this thread.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes or missed anything during my search.

Thanks for reading :)

I think you'll be mostly fine in the range of 2 hours. Given the small dose of mushrooms and the short time frame, I wouldn't expect a huge tolerance, but who knows. 30mg of 2c-b is a fair dose too, so I think you'll get a great effect, not to mention it should potentiate the shrooms and vice versa.

To eliminate all cross tolerance issues, do heroic doses of psychedelics, rarely.

It you dont breakthrough the dome you aint in the real fairyland.

DOC and 2C-P seem to have a pretty big cross tolerance (which is as to be expected i suppose)

i've been doing 2C-P pretty much every other day for the last 10 days or so (i got fired a little more than two weeks ago, so i've had a lot of time on my hands *shrugs*)... tuesday, a single 12mg dose of 2C-P produced a mild but fully enjoyable trip in me. wednesday i aquired 5mg of DOC, and took 1mg of it before going to see Trans Siberian Orchestra.... this dose produced a +/- reaction, leaning towards the plus side. :) on thursday (yesterday) i took the remaining 4mg of DOC... this produced a + maybe at most a ++... i definitely drove without a problem at t+4h. at t+5h and t+7h each i took 12mg of 2C-P, and at t+11h i took another 15mg of 2C-P.

so, in the last 17 hours i have taken 4mg of DOC and 39mg of 2C-P... and i'm not tripping very hard at the moment.

now i'm done wasting my psychedelics, because IDK if i'll have money to buy more before the ban. since, like i said, i just got fired. OH WELL. :)

i think this thread needs some new love eh, not being updated in a while...

so anyway, ive noticed that dosing 4-fa or fma, or even 2-fa seems to have an effect on tolerances to 2c-x chemicals. i did not expect this, and after a friday night out on 2fa, got a diminished trip on a lowish (but normal to me) dose of 2cb the following night...
goes to show, one really should be waiting at least a week in between experiences...

bumping this thread a little bit :)

apparently 2-fma and DOC experience a bit of cross tolerance... low doses of each affect the effects you get from dosing the other chem the following day (or 2 days). a shame really, as this would have been my ideal solution to the weekends. fun on DOC then full on productive for extra work on saturday.

^ can someone confirm this? i've never experienced crosstolerance from amphetamines or cathinones with PEAs (which are amphetamines as well, but still). just recently i was doing 4-fa & some bastardcaths almost daily and then had a totally normally intense 25B-NBOMe trip.

i think stims as they are release agents and reuptake inhibitor of dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine have a different action than a 5ht2a/b subsiteantagonist/agonist. at least that's my guess. maybe someone can elaborate more specifically for us please? i'm just speculating.

How big's the cross-tolerance between 25x-NBOMes and DOx? Anyone have any comments?

I've heard that although NBOMes exert quite a strong long lasting tolerance this doesn't carry over so much into cross tolerance with some/all compounds, and that the normal 1 week break is sufficient if you're not taking another NBOMe - but I've also heard the opposite, so I'm curious.

In particular I'm looking to take DOC (4mg) sublingually/buccally or orally for the first time after taking 1.2mg of 25C-NBOMe buccally 8 days ago. I can wait until it's been 2 weeks, but I'm a little impatient due to being excited to try all 3 of the new chemicals in my stash (DOC, 2C-T-4 and 3C-E), so if I can get away with it today without noticeable tolerance that'd be better ;)

i personaly have no problems dosing nbome's after 6-7 days.
i have even dosed 2 day one after another(25c) tolerance was there but wasn;t as severe as with lsd for example but i guess this is jyst me

i personaly have no problems dosing nbome's after 6-7 days.
i have even dosed 2 day one after another(25c) tolerance was there but wasn;t as severe as with lsd for example but i guess this is jyst me

What was your ROA? I've heard a lot of people saying that the severe tolerance is after nasal admin - I'm not sure why this is, but it'd be interesting to see if ROA actually was related.