• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The Big & Dandy Cross Tolerance Thread

What was your ROA? I've heard a lot of people saying that the severe tolerance is after nasal admin - I'm not sure why this is, but it'd be interesting to see if ROA actually was related.

nasaly.
i find sublingual with solution or blotter is way weaker than nasal

I’m curious if NBOMes would have diminished effects after eating mushrooms and how long this would last. I usually wait long enough that I don’t have to worry about tolerance but I was just curious.

shrooms, 2cc & MDMA cross-tolerance? (in that order)
Most likely all 3 within 5 days, have a feeling 2cc day before mdma.
Will I have to up dosages much do you think? I have read that shroom/mdma, shroom/2cx, 2cx/mdma shouldn't affect each other tolerance wise individually, but wanted to check. Being underwhelmed is ridiculously frustrating.

being underwhelmed has more to do with ones expectations and ability to make the most of every situation...
in my humble opinion, there will be cross tolerance from combining these chems within 5 days, but this also depends on your particularities. that being said, it probably wouldnt be that massive, but i do suspect the mdma will be the one to suffer most.

shrooms and the 2C-C have more of a cross tolerance to each other than they do to MDMA.

LSD and 2c-p cross tolerance

I know that these two chems will have a cross tolerance, but I've had good experiences with dosing on 2ce the night after an experience and still having a powerful high, however with LSD this is never the case.
So with regards to 2c-x chemicals and LSD specifically would it make a difference which one was taken first?

LSD causes a very strong tolerance with lasts for around a week. 2C-X drugs cause a much weaker tolerance which lasts for around two weeks.

So I took some MDMA last night would anyone know if taking 25B-Nbome today would have cross tolerance/bad effect?
I've read that 25B doesn't effect serotonin but is a 5-HT2A agonist and 5-HT2A is a serotonin receptor so I'm a little confused.
Feeling fine after the MDMA(~400mg) over about 5-6 hours last night, only woke up with a dry mouth, no depression or anything.
Also relativity new to MDMA and have a bit of a Nbome tolerance but haven't taken any 25B in about a month and a half, but had some 25C(2.5mg) two weeks ago and some 25I(1.1mg) about a month ago.

^If you feel up to tripping after the MDMA, go right ahead. It's not the MDMA you need to worry about for tolerance but psychedelics, and two weeks since your last trip is good.

^Good to know, decided to leave it for at least another day or so. Got a slight headache and none of my friends where up for tripping anyway. Don't think it would matter too much a day the other side (tomorrow would be a full 2 weeks) but Nbome tolerance is rather long lasting. I started doing them weekly but the effects just kept diminishing, then I read a two week wait is better. But after waiting two weeks and double dosing 2.5mg instead of 1.25mg seemed to give a very similar trip, I thought it would be a lot stronger. I've also been upping doses with other Nbomes because of this.
Is this normal with nbomes?
I know they will have cross tolerance but shouldn't the two weeks almost, if not fully reset my tolerance?
Perhaps a longer break(a month?) is in order but they are quite fun.

Many folks find waiting at least a month between (nothing wrong with periods of more frequent use, just as a rule of thumb) trips helps them get the most out of the psychedelic experience.

Will probably take a longer break after this trip anyway, just give my brain some time to relax. Hoping to source(not asking) some LSD so should be worth the wait.
Cheers for the info man.

Last edited:
Hi welcome to BL / PD

actually I think it is best not to treat drug-drug interactions/combinations and matters like this as something you can quickly check in a sheet. That would encourage treating this much too casually. Either way cross-tolerance is not so discrete and clear-cut and we don't have enough information on the subject. Basically the more closely related the pharmacological mechanism of action of the two drugs are that you are comparing the more likely it is that there will be cross-tolerance. Cross-tolerance should be less of a critical topic than potentially harmful drug interactions, but unfortunately I think any sheet that could ever be produced is unlikely to be reliable.
Also seems a bit weird for the same reason that I am not going to be learning any mnemonics to prepare for rare events. Just doesn't make sense.

P.S. what do you suppose Jesus thought about cross tolerance? ;)

Solipsis, are you aware of ergoloids cross tolerance with phenethylamines vs tryptamines? Or do you suspect that the cross tolerance wouldn't be clinically significant.

Ergoloid is actually a nootropic also going by the name Hydergine. I guess you mean ergolines which includes the family of lysergic acid amides.

From limited personal experience but also having read plenty about other people's experiences I would say there is indeed cross-tolerance with all of them which is not surprising since serotonergic psychedelics are relatively quite alike in action. However this cross-tolerance betwixt chemicals of different families seems to be less compared to cross-tolerance with compounds that are extremely alike.
Picture it at different levels: there is global psychedelic tolerance from 5-HT2A agonism, period. But then there is branching into phens and trypts and further branching yielding all sorts of permutations. The further your two branches are away the more dissimilar the compounds apparently are. Although honestly it starts getting all too fuzzy beyond that phen vs. tryptamine branching. There are so many factors in play that any further distinction may be called tedious.

Slightly OT but that chart says aMT and ketamine combos are lethal? I call bullshit, I've never had any problems combining the two. Solispsis, do you see anything wrong with the two? I thought that since ket lacked SERT activity that it would be the safest dissociative to combine with aMT.

Hi,
yesterday I took 8mg 5-meo-mipt with some alcohol. Today a friend invited me to try his fresh grown mushrooms. Do you think they will be effective, regarding the 5-meo-mipt yesterday? Should I double the dose, or would I still not feel anything worthwhile?
Thanks for your quick answers, I have about 3 hours to decide if I wanna join =D

I also believe that ketamine and AMT is a safe combo, never heard of anyone having problems. I can't remember if I've combined them, I probably have because during the time wen I used AMT a lot I also came into 2.5 grams of ketamine.

As for the mushrooms given 5-MeO-MiPT a day earlier, the effectiveness will be reduced but they should still work. I wouldn't make a habit of tripping so often though, I did that for a good 2 years (tripping days in a row, multiple times a week) and my tolerance still hasn't reset back to normal (even with a 2 year break from any psychedelics, and this was in 2006-2007).