• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Blindness/Vision Problems & Psychedelics Thread

I would think very few blind people would be prepared for a trip, they don't have the eyesight, so might freak out easily, still would be very intersetin 2 hear some reports

If you're deaf, then what sounds would be able to echo? Your input is dead, so nothing would reverberate.

Has anyone thought of DMT?

Since it occurs naturally in the brain, and is a true "hallucinogen", perhaps other substances than LSD produce visuals for the blind.

goa said:
what about if u were deaf, and took a drug that induces audiotorial(sp?) hallucinations. with nitrous i find that the main effect is the echoes.

check out this thread "What WOULD happen if they gave blind people acid??" in Australian Drug Discussion:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=96446&highlight=blind

scroll down about half way down for Urbanhog's post, I am deaf, if you interested at all, old post from back 2003.

Love my silent world... makes my tripping adventures more interesting. %)

What about vision impairment? I have poor eyesight and rarely get detailed, long-lasting, or particularly enthralling visuals; two people I have tripped with who claim to have excellent eyesight have described a much larger visual component with all drugs. Is less of the brain devoted to visual stimulation than is normal? I have no doubt that that would impact most drug experiences. I've wondered about this for a long time.

I have had this question too. I think that if a Blind Person were to take a Psychedelic of any kind he or she would at least see shapes! Because they see with their hands, so they would know the shapes of different objects, which stay in their memories as images do in ours! I think they would see outlines of shapes, not understanding the light of the shapes!

I've wondered this myself. Would be pretty cool to see some trip reports written by a blind guy (or transcribed), but not someone whos been blind their entire life. How does one explain sight or visions if they have nothing to compare it to? Everything would get lost in translation.

Now, if someone was blind for many many years and they took LSD and wrote a report, I bet that report would be filled with interesting info.

I've asked myself the same question many a time, blind from birth probably no visuals.

^ I think they would get visuals from the mind's eye (kaleidoscope, fractals, probably all in full color), but there would be no way for them to put into words what they saw because they've got nothing to compare it to. How would you explain that you saw an explosion of colors in your head, if you didn't know what "red" or "blue", or even what a "color" was?

Whoa, old thread. How have I not thought about this before? It would probably be an amazing experience for a blind person to be able to "see" while tripping.

True or False: It's easier to trip when your vision sucks

I have pretty bad eyesight, and I've noticed that it's significantly easier for me to "drop out" and let visuals take over when I'm not wearing corrective lenses. Perhaps it's because I'm not distracted by the fine details around me. Or maybe the more obvious reason is that everything is blurry as shit and looks like a psychedelic soup even when I'm not tripping.

Thoughts?

I did know about this thread, but as my question was concerning blurry vision and not complete blindness I was hoping that it would garner some very different answers. This thread's discussion mainly revolves around several (unassumingly not blind) posters speculating about experiences which they do not have. I was asking more for first person accounts. Also high, so perhaps I'm wrong. :eek:

I just saw there was already a question on visual problems (well eye-surgery) and psyches on the PD page so bumped this one with your question to keep things tidy is all. Maybe I should broaden this this to a "Blindness and other Visual Issues and Psyches" thread :D

Tripping if you were blind.

I was wondering the other day, if you were born blind and been blind all of your life, you would not know what colours look like, or what patterns would look like, because you would have never seen them before. But do you think you would see CEV's of colours and patters when you took acid if you had never seen what colours look like before???

You're not the first to ponder this, Hardcore. Seems to be a constant cause of wonder for psychelovers. Until we get a blind BLer to come tell us the score we'll just have to continue pondering :)

Thats a really interesting thought about the blind hallucinations. I really dont know, if the color information was never in your mind to begin with, i really don't think one would be able to see colorful hallucinations if you were blind. Taking LSD or whatever doesn't actually put colors or anything for that matter into your mind, it just plays with what is in there and what you see/hear/etc...

I'm open to correction if anything i said is wrong...just my opinion. Im sure there has been a blind person who has taken a hallucinogen. and i bet it's documented somewhere on the internet

Anyway, has anyone noticed problems with pupil dialation after using hallucinogens for a couple years or so? Im talking about pupils being dialated when sober. I didnt have this problem before I started using (abusing really) ecstasy, and LSD/mushys/etc., but now I seem to get headaches when I am driving at night, or when i'm around alot of lights at night, and sometimes during the day.

I'm blind in one eye and, during some trips, I saw various geometric forms floating/morphing in the darkness I am so used to and, in some rare cases, vivid 'mental images', even though I'm not really sure if that was on my blind-eye, but tend to say so. Psychedelics showed me colors which I didn't see with that eye for many years.