View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread - Redosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I wouldn't recommend this, because AFAIR cathinones in general aren't stable compounds in solution.

I had 1g of methylone dissolved 50ml of water, and it turned yellowish after 1 month of storage(kept from light at room temperature) and subjectively it lost 15-25% of potency(though it may be set&setting).

I can't really comment about safety of taking methylone often, and I am not sure if this is an indication of lesser neurotoxicity, but people report no "hangover" the next day after taking bk-MDMA.

Okay, I am just going to get a scale in that case. I was trying to save some money by dissolving it in solution, but I guess getting scale will always be a better solution.

The things is, I can do MDMA (150mg+) every two/three weeks for several months and still be fine, with only occasional mood issues. I still try and stick to doing MDMA not more than once a month though. It would be nice to know the point at which methylone use turns into abuse.

I have no problem doing methylone 2-3 times a month (not every month of course). One period I took it for 5 weekends in a row and don't remember of having any trouble (mood swings). In that case it eventually becomes 'boring'. Not so much fun after a few weekends ;]

I think that 1-2 times a month is quite safe.

i've found doing it more than once a month for any length of time at all causes some loss of "magic"

I'll typically go on 2-4 spurts with empathogens a year. Usually doing something every other weekend for 4-6 weeks then not taking any empathogens for several months.

what keeps me away is the fear that it will lose the magic, as well as the fear that it maintains the tolerance to peas and tryptamines up... which i dont know if it is true by the way, so maybe one can confirm or infirm this?

also, what are your current solutions to 2 of the most annoying side effects of m1:
- cotton mouth - i cant literally chew anything, and i have to ingest water every 5 minutes
- excessive sweating - especially bad when redosing, after the peak i sweat like id be in the goddamn sahara desert

gum doesnt work, as it needs saliva, which i dont really produce at that moment. i can try chewing but it jsut turns to this sticky sticky sandy cream. i tried chewing altoids or minty or soury mints... that works, but only for a little while

showering yes... smart idea, but that doesnt stop the sweating. especially in social occasions, i cant just pop out for a quick shower. it also requires a lot of lying and inventing for the ones that dont knwo what you are on... thankfully though, it seems the sweating happenes uniformly (so i dont smell at least)

lately i had a nice methlyone experience i found quite magical, possibly very mildly therapeutic.

i've love to use it in such a way in the future, but i'm also considering starting an SSRI soon and would love to know how methylone plays into this.

as i understand it, SSRIs will blunt the serotonergic part of methylone, the empathy and dropping away of self continuousness part i'm attracted to. is there a protocol to still experience the magic of methylone without going off the SSRI.

the only potential idea i have in mind would be to take a high dose of tianeptine soon before the methylone intake. what do you guys think of this? maybe someone could also try this out and report.

as i understand it, SSRIs will blunt the serotonergic part of methylone, the empathy and dropping away of self continuousness part i'm attracted to.
My girlfriend is taking an SSRI, and from what she's said this sounds right. After a few sessions we realized she wasn't getting the same effects as me. She gets chatty and feels stimulated and eventually anxious, but doesn't seem to get the emotional effects.

That's kinda how I felt after taking M1 for two days in a row, too. Re-re-re-redosing for a total of 500mg the first night went fine, but 180mg the next night produced nothing but stim.

is there a protocol to still experience the magic of methylone without going off the SSRI.
If you find it, let us know. ;)

My only thought is to wean off the SSRI and onto 5-HTP or something.

hmmm, csrpj has an interesting idea: not going off the SSRI, but instead take tianeptine (an SSRE) before the methylone. perhaps this would temporarily balance out the reuptake to a normal state to allow the m1 to do it's magic? just a theory so far, maybe someone with more knowledge in psychopharmocology can chime in, or better yet, someone can test this ouT!

tianeptine's efficacy as an SSRE is a bit dubious and disputed at the moment. Also, i'd be wary of stacking that many serotonergic drugs. The more drugs you combine the more potential for something to go wrong. I'd advise anyone who's been diagnosed with anything but major depressive disorder to discontinue SSRIs before taking things like M1. Generally SSRI's don't work unless the depressive symptoms are so severe as to make everyday functioning impossible. Even then their efficacy is only barely clinically significant (i.e. single digit percentage of higher efficacy than placebos)

Generally SSRI's don't work unless the depressive symptoms are so severe as to make everyday functioning impossible. Even then their efficacy is only barely clinically significant (i.e. single digit percentage of higher efficacy than placebos)

The studies showing that SSRIs are only as effective as a placebo are the ones done on adolescents. I do believe SSRIs are over prescribed and for healthy people may have a mood blunting and dysphoric effect.

In my experience and in many other reports online (i.e., some on Effexor vault on Erowid), their efficacy is (anecdotally) very significant. Enough that one does not need methylone or any other empathogen as they continuously have the same "clean" feeling an empathogen gives.

Has anyone else come across brown methylone?

That's what i'm handling atm. Just curious since i haven't seen any photos of brown methylone.. just tan stuff

Well i'm coming up so i'll update later

Has anyone else come across brown methylone?

That's what i'm handling atm. Just curious since i haven't seen any photos of brown methylone.. just tan stuff

Well i'm coming up so i'll update later
Yea kinda. Is it beige? Or flat brown? I know of the new crystal methylone never heard of a real brown brown methylone

OK, here's a brief write-up.......

T 0:00 - 20mg bk-MDMA
T 0:01~0:20 - gradual/gentle come-up. no rush
T+0:20 - feels a bit pushy, moreso than MDMA
T+1:30 - 50mg bk-MDMA
T+1:45 - already coming-up again.. pleasant, but something's missing
T+2:00 - 20mg 4-MEC
T+2:20 - impressive euphoria, tho it faded within 20 minutes

I'll up the dosages next time and use a better dosing schedule. It was just over way too soon... That's my only complaint, so i really hope higher doses have more to offer

On its own, it isn't anything like MDxx, at least not at the above doses. Combined with 4-MEC it reminded me of MDA.. but as soon as the 4-MEC wore off so did the euphoria

Last edited:
Crystal methylone is definitely more potent than that brown stuff. I really dislike the latter. No matter how much do I take I really feel the effects are about to peak but they don't. Crystal is the way to go with methylone.

the brown one might be either impure or even mixed with something else.
im surprized you got nice effects at those doses though, for most people anything under 150mg as a first dose seems to trigger just stimulation. Personally I like it at doses at around 100mg when more stimulaiton is needed than empathogenicity, but your doses are even lower.

pure crystal is nice and sparkly, it also is a bit clumpy/sticky to itself. hard to explain though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.