View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread - Redosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
how often can i redose methylone without developing tolerance?

i tried it twice this week for the first time and its a really amazing feeling.

can I take a nmda antagonist like dxm to reduce tolerance too?

Is anyone else puking a lot from M1? I took some oral a few weeks ago along with 2CD (plugged that) and it messed up my stomach a bit, puked once or twice that night. But tonight I took an ok amount of M1, no more than a few hundred mgs all plugged throughout 3-4 hours and a little bit of 2CD and I puked up any liquids I have tried to drink all night and now to the point of dry heaving. I sure as hell am not trying to eat either lol. Fortunately I was pretty fasted to begin with.

Well, I was thinking it is probably just too dopaminergic for me or something...

You haven't accurately measured how much you took? You plugged several hunderds of milligrams over the course of a few hours? And somehow you still manage to blame the substance (for being 'too dopaminergic') and not yourself (for dosing way too much obviously)?

Ah I don't really think it was dosing too much necessarily in terms of the head high, but my stomach didn't seem to like it. I was just guessing that dopamine stimulation could cause puking, because I don't think I have had serotonergic make me puke like that. It was like being sick as a kid when you can't keep anything down which really isn't that much to deal with, just something I'd like to avoid but if the substance is going to do it all the time then maybe I just can't use it.

Anyways most the posts in the this thread talk about 100-200 mg doses. I didn't do that much, eying out of a 5 g bag with little dabs. You know some of us have more experience working with chemicals than others. I'm not blaming anything either, just wondering if anyone else ever had the same thing. So don't be a dick...

Being a dick is just my natural state, so don't be to hard on me for being my natural self. ;)

If you have not accurately measured your dose, nobody will be really able to point the finger to what went wrong. Dopaminergic nausea sounds unlikely though, since serotonin is much more prone to cause nausea and vomiting. Factoring in the 2C-D, I am inclined to think you caused most of the vomiting yourself (as in: the feeling of nausea was predominantly in your mind and was potentiated by the 2C-D).

i just wanted to hop in and mention my first experience with methylone last weekend. it was my first actual experience with any empathogens. i took 180mg oral with 180mg rectal at 11pm, and was rolling hard until 3 or 4. could not stop chewing ice, gum, the air... in fact just thinking back to that night, my jaws are tightening up...

we were at a club for the first bit (everyone else was just drinking and dancing, i was the only one on pills) and i could not physically stop my body from dancing. emotional connectedness to people around me was noted, along with greatly lowered inhibitions for speaking. i bought a pack of cigs but didn't smoke a single one.

i also had a couple drinks but did not feel any stomach discomfort whatsoever. massive sweating and cotton mouth caused me to drink lots of water, which then sent me to the bathroom every few minutes for a little leak.

i can't wait to do it again with my gal so we can give each other backrubs for hours :)

the feeling of nausea was predominantly in your mind

I'll agree with you that the 2CD probably didn't help my situation, but it is not "in your mind" when you are sitting there feeling ok and all of a sudden you have to vomit. Then you vomit and feel ok for a while, until you have to vomit again. Also I'm not talking like insane puking, just like one or two hurls and its done.

A couple of the times were after trying to smoke pot. I couldn't even stomach a little tiny hint. :(

A month or two ago I did 2CD on its own and ended up smoking like 2-3 bowls that night no problem.

I don't know, maybe you should try them together and see how it makes you feel? :D <3

I'll agree with you that the 2CD probably didn't help my situation, but it is not "in your mind" when you are sitting there feeling ok and all of a sudden you have to vomit. Then you vomit and feel ok for a while, until you have to vomit again. Also I'm not talking like insane puking, just like one or two hurls and its done.
That's how my body reacted on 2C-P come up. :)

I don't know, maybe you should try them together and see how it makes you feel?
Maybe you should try each chemical alone and see how it feels? :)

how often can i redose methylone without developing tolerance?

i tried it twice this week for the first time and its a really amazing feeling.

can I take a nmda antagonist like dxm to reduce tolerance too?

More than once every 2 weeks or so is going to have deleterious effects. I'd also advise against combining it with DXM

Is anyone else puking a lot from M1? I took some oral a few weeks ago along with 2CD (plugged that) and it messed up my stomach a bit, puked once or twice that night. But tonight I took an ok amount of M1, no more than a few hundred mgs all plugged throughout 3-4 hours and a little bit of 2CD and I puked up any liquids I have tried to drink all night and now to the point of dry heaving. I sure as hell am not trying to eat either lol. Fortunately I was pretty fasted to begin with.

Well, I was thinking it is probably just too dopaminergic for me or something...

Too dopaminergic? Whats the logic there? Also, some people vomit on the come-up of M1 alone, or M1+2C-D. I've found the latter combo quite enjoyable & doubt i'd take M1 w/o 2c-d as it just makes it so much more interesting & longer lasting. However, YMMV as always. Also, get a scale, you can get a 0.01g scale for like $10-20. Dabbing out of a 5g bag sounds like a horrible idea.

Ah I think a few of the dopamine receptors cause nausea when stimulated. So if M1 causes mostly dopamine/norepinephrine release, then you run the risk of hitting those.

I felt like the M1+2CD combo was better when I did 2CD first then M1 later. This last night, before I got sick, I was doing good but there was barely any visuals. The previous time with 2CD first I had a lot more visuals.

Ah I think a few of the dopamine receptors cause nausea when stimulated
Do you really think that people who use stimulants vomit every time they do them? :)

I'd also advise against combining it with DXM

I think he means taking it on different days, just to lower the stimulant tollerance, there is a thread about it on here somwhere.

but it says it lowers only stimulant tollerance, unfortunatelly does not bring the magic back :(

Do you really think that people who use stimulants vomit every time they do them? :)
I doubt he thought that, since it is not really what he said. He said activation of some dopamine receptors causes nausea; nausea is not necessarily the same as vomiting. Furthermore, by 'some' he could mean a certain subtype of dopamine receptor, receptors in a certain part of the body or receptors of a certain subtype in a certain part of the body. If you would have Googled it (UTFSE I could say if I was in dick-mode) you would have easily found that dopamine, histamine and serotonin are all implicated as having a relationship to vomiting.

^ OK, I googled and you seem to be right, but still, most people don't get nauseated on stimulants. IDK, maybe PsychedelicPeptide get similar reaction on other dopaminergics, but he didn't mention this. So, why blame dopaminergic system for nausea when combining two different serotonergic drugs, and when one of them is known to cause nausea if taken alone?

No I think if anything it is probably because methylone has a certain mechanism of action that makes it prone to doing so, or the 2CD combination can push it over the edge, or potentially it could be something else I did but am unaware of what (doubtful probably just the drugs). Another option would be I just took too much, but we've already had a few people verify puking from M1.

Chew on a little piece of ginger. It works wonder for any stomach discomfort.:)

maybe PsychedelicPeptide get similar reaction on other dopaminergics, but he didn't mention this. So, why blame dopaminergic system for nausea when combining two different serotonergic drugs

Methylone is not very serotonergic. I had seen some posts about is being equally balanced for dopamine and norepinephrine but never looked anything up, here are a few references I found:

Eur J Pharmacol. 1999 Sep 17;381(1):63-9.

Inhibition of plasma membrane monoamine transporters by beta-ketoamphetamines.

Cozzi NV, Sievert MK, Shulgin AT, Jacob P 3rd, Ruoho AE.

Abstract

Methcathinone and methylone, the beta-ketone analogues of methamphetamine and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), respectively, were tested for neurotransmitter uptake inhibition in vitro. The beta-ketones were threefold less potent than the nonketo drugs at inhibiting platelet serotonin accumulation, with IC(50)'s of 34.6+/-4.8 microM and 5.8+/-0.7 microM, respectively. Methcathinone and methylone were similar in potency to methamphetamine and MDMA at catecholamine transporters individually expressed in transfected glial cells. For dopamine uptake, IC(50)'s were 0.36+/-0.06 microM and 0.82+/-0.17 microM, respectively; for noradrenaline uptake, IC(50) values were 0.51+/-0.10 microM and 1. 2+/-0.1 microM, respectively. In chromaffin granules, IC(50)'s for serotonin accumulation were 112+/-8.0 microM for methcathinone and 166+/-12 microM for methylone, 10-fold higher than the respective values for methamphetamine and MDMA. Our results indicate that methcathinone and methylone potently inhibit plasma membrane catecholamine transporters but only weakly inhibit the vesicle transporter.

This paper has more data: http://www.unc.edu/~dlinz/Papers/Th... monoamine neurotransmission in rat brain.pdf

Last edited:
Lol, plugging methylone is such a silly/awesome idea.....

150 oral, 150 plugged a few minutes later.

I received some methylone and mdai through the post last week... I've tried a small sample of the methylone - prob about 150mg over 90 mins or so and it was definitely active, it certainly put me in a very good mood... Although nearly 24 hours later and i've still only had about 3 hours vague sleep although i feel fine... The mdai is an off white fine crystally powder I will be trying it at some point, prob next weekend, but i believe that it is the real mcCoy...

As i understand it Methylone has a greater effect on dopamine and noradrenalin reception wheras mdai is more seretonin heavy with little dopa and nora effect. So therefore I would think that they may be a good combination? Anybody got any experience of combining recent synths of these chemicals?

Last edited:
You should meet some crackheads... It's pretty common to vomit while smoking crack due to all the dopamine stimulation in the stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.