• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bad Trip Thread

Most of my bad trips have been the ones where my anxiety gets the better of me and leads to a panic attack, usually fear of having a heart attack.

Very frightening

I got lost in a city I did not know two days ago, at a carnival (!! I did not intend to go there, we just randomly arrived in that place) for 4-5 hours, while on a high dose of 4-AcO-DiPT[~50mg](the auditory hallucinations, the voices, the visuals, the fucking euphoria and the mental wtf, the paranoia that everyone was looking weird at me etc..). The worse part was that I was with my female friend and we lost eachother , and she was tripping also and before we lost ourselves she gave me the impression that she had a high blood-pressure, strange heart palpitations and a weird body-high.. needless to say I was very fucking worried about her (she forgot her phone in my bag..), had no way of finding her, didn't know the fucking city, tripped balls and well, it wasn't nice.. we found eachother eventually, because after she 'calmed down', she tried to convince more people to give her a phone so she could call me, but it took 6 tries, because most persons thought she was a raving lunatic or something. Blah!

how likely are bad trips on acid

comon or rare
i want to try acid really bad and can get it easily right now but im kind of sketched about trying it. i know if im going to i have to get the unsure feeling 100% outta my head i just want to know how comon bad trips are. the environment id do it in is really calm relaxing

Honestley the more you worry about having a bad trip the more likely you are going to induce one.

Honestley the more you worry about having a bad trip the more likely you are going to induce one.

Yes, this is true for any psychoactive you do. The more you worry, the more you'll have to worry about. So, don't worry.

If you worry about having a bad trip it is going to manifest it's self right before your eyes. When you are under the influence of a psychedelic your mind is open to both negative and positive thoughts that lie within your self.

Throw on some groovy tunes and kick it back with a few good friends and let your mind expand. For me personally my favorite L music is Lettuce.

IMO i think DMT should be your first psychedelic. It will break you in to the world of altered states and its short lived.

If you worry about having a bad trip it is going to manifest it's self right before your eyes. When you are under the influence of a psychedelic your mind is open to both negative and positive thoughts that lie within your self.

Throw on some groovy tunes and kick it back with a few good friends and let your mind expand. For me personally my favorite L music is Lettuce.

IMO i think DMT should be your first psychedelic. It will break you in to the world of altered states and its short lived.

It might be a little too much for a first psychedelic experience. I think something like LSD or shrooms would be a better choice.

IMO, bad trips are a lot less common than good trips.

IME, I have never experienced one single bad trip, nor have I ever seen one of my friends go through a bad trip. and I have used LSD many times, often with many people.

However, bad trips are not folklore, they exist.

The key is the set and setting. A good positive worry-free atmosphere with no obligations for the next 24 - 36 hours. Good nutritious food and drink available (fruit, bread, juice, good citrus fruit is amazing). And just good vibes!

If you are going through a tough time or struggling with emotional issues, it is not a good idea to indulge in psychedelics as your fragile emotional/psychological state could send you into an unpleasant overdrive (or as Hunter S. Thompson put it: "(...) a hellishly intense introspective nightmare" ). Make sure you are well rested and mentally and physically refreshed and balanced.

Have fun!

50/50
its a psychedelic and theyre unpredictable.

If youre worries about a negative experience than dose low.

Last edited:
I swear there should be a B&D Bad Trip thread (If there isnt one)

This question comes up alot

Im actually thinking of writing up a long thread on this.
I really think it depends on your current situation in life. If you are a depressed or a sad person, things are not going right for you, down on your luck, fighting with friends or family ect ect. This will be the major influence on your trip. Set and setting is of course important but ultimately your current situation in life will be the major influence in you having a good vs bad trip. I also think this is why so many people abuse alcohol. I think that the majority of people that abuse alcohol are "drowing themselves" they are narcotizing themselves to their everyday life and this drug works for them. I feel that those people can no take LSD and have a "good trip"
I also think that LSD opens your mind vs alcohol keeps you from thinking.

This may be going off on a long shot but I think that is why alcohol is legal because the government does not want people to think and see the truth of what is really happening around them. Lsd opens your mind to the truth of life and reality.
Ill try to clean these ideas up and post later.

If you are shopping for a bad-trip, I have heard from numerous well informed and experienced sources that Sally D does not get along with Cid AT ALL!

If you are shopping for a bad-trip, I have heard from numerous well informed and experienced sources that Sally D does not get along with Cid AT ALL!

Yeah...I'm never doing it. Get the chills a bit just thinking about it.

i took 2 hits off acid

this was the 1st time i took 2 hits off acid and i had a huge bad trip. my 1st acid bad trip. when i was walking outside its like as if the streets were coming really close to me and when i got in my house its like as if the walls were closer to me. i am still tripping. its been 4 hours already but how come i bad tripped? is it because i was not used to it?

It happens sometimes. Always make sure your set and setting are OK before you start.

turn it around buddy, happy thoughts! all the best brother.