• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bad Trip Thread

Hey ,
I was wondering how can I make a bad trips after effects better? how can i feel much better than think about this trip ?

iidk if this helps but try to laugh at thoughts thoughts that seem nasty or paranoia that might otherwise be uncomfortable for instance... when trees look sketchy I laugh it off and laugh at the idea that a tree is seeming to be intimidating.....

while tripping? yes just laugh it off and stay positive. get to a better setting. try and break the loop. dont keep thinking about it.

I took your question as the next day what should you do.

well i would say just try not to think about it or... just laugh it off. People move on man. you'll be fine after some time passes.

Also take a look the bad trip tread. the first reply hits it dead on. you can learn from the badest trip ever if you look at it right.
go read that post for sure.
good luck PEACE

If it ended good, then in my opinion, it wasn't bad, was it? :) A lot of trips have difficult or even terrifying parts. Working through them make the ending result even more meaningful and beautiful.

However, you need time to integrate your trips and find out what they mean to you. So if you're feeling that you shouldn't trip, then don't. At some point you will know when it's time to dive back in.

Good luck. :)

Well I wouldn't say the trip ended good. After I started to come down from the good part it just got really weird. Like I remember having thoughts like "no human being should go through what I just felt" referring to the good and bad parts. Maybe I just had too much. I went from taking slightly less than a half 8th to slightly more.

If you start worrying about having a bad trip, well you will more than likely have one (or have some sort of rough experience). Why not just remind yourself what a psychedelic trip is. It is a chemical alteration of your perception which encompasses the imagination of your mind to manifest these visions and thoughts. Basically, the trip is yourself. What you experience and see is just another version of the truth. So think about it, why would be afraid of experiencing yourself? The drug is allowing you to travel to one of the safest places in the world, yourself.

I was very apprehensive about dosing DMT at one point and the DMT/experience showed me love almost instantly after dosing. The first thing I saw when I closed my eyes after dosing the DMT was a heart shoot straight out of my third eye. I instantly realized that there was nothing to be afraid of. I realized that all there was in this experience was love.

That would only extend the duration not the intensity. If you want to increase the intensity you would need to eat more than what you initially took, but IME you will lose some of the other effects that you would have otherwise had if you took a large dose initially, aka not worth while. If you had some other short acting psychedelic or any other psychedelic for that matter it will intensify the effects more than eating more mushrooms IMO.

Feeling like you maybe shouldn't have experienced such a thing is pretty common... you just need to come to terms with what you experienced. In time you should be able to see it as something good. Or at least not negative. After all, what is, is. Denying it won't change anything. Why be afraid of something you experienced? It's just an experience.

After my first trip, which blew my mind and changed my belief system forever, undermining my old set of views, I was ecstatic, but for a year or so I started feeling like I wish I could have undone the experience, because it was easier to live life in blissful ignorance of what I had experienced, which was so dramatically against what our society tries to tell us is important. But soon I came to cherish my experiences, because they brought me a life that was so much richer than a bunch of illusionary material crap that we're supposed to worship.

Don't worry about bad trip and just follow some simple rules and you will probably not get have it :) good luck.

Can someone explain to me a BAD shroom trip??

Every time I do mushies I just love to sit back as I receive endless amounts of knowledge and wisdom. I'm always so happy to let "the mushroom" poison me. I don't understand what a bad trip is actually like. Ive gotten stuck in thought loops and stuff, but I just always feel so willing and happy when i'm on mushrooms...

A bad shroom trip, IMO is when you get frightened.
Everything around makes you more and more paranoid and its a spiral down.
Good job staying indoors and tripping safely, but once you got outside or on an "adventure" things can get freaky fast.

the dark outside, fast cars, big crowds, unknown surroundings really make it bad.

My worst trip was in an unfamiliar city, we thought we lost the car and wandered scared for hours calling the tow yard, we found it later but that was a stupid stupid place to 'trip'.

Imagine getting stuck in a thought loop that is filled with fear. You may always be happy to let the mushroom "poison" you, but try to picture a scenario where you try in vain to fight the effects of the mushrooms. The visuals are unbelievable. Your entire world is unrecognizable, it's difficult to do something as simple as sit on the side of your bed because one second the bed is on the floor and the next it is too far above your head for you to climb up to it. You can only see yourself in a negative manner. Everything that you have ever been embarrassed about, everything you have ever feared being is what defines you.

In this state, time ceases to exist. There is no concept of things like "before" or "after". You are totally unaware that anything exists outside of yourself and your experience. The trip doesn't have a beginning or an end, at least not while it's going. Being able to grasp the idea that you are on a drug, and will eventually comes down is impossible.

And then there is the fear... Irrational, unexplainable fear. The source of the fear doesn't matter. There may not even be a source, but the intensity of it is unlike anything else.

During the experience, it is impossible to communicate. Words cease to have meaning. Trying to understand things like time, reality, people and even who you are is almost impossible. For what seems to be an eternity, you are absolutely alone with the darkest thoughts in your head.

Everything bad you have ever thought about yourself comes back, and comes back with force.

It's very difficult to describe the experience of a bad mushroom trip, but it is one of the most frightening experiences I have ever had. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, but at the same time, it was an incredible learning experience. The mushrooms forced me to confront issues I had been repressing for a long time, and in that moment of difficulty I discovered things about myself that have now helped me change into a better person.

Going forward from this experience, I can definitely say that I am now mentally stronger and much more aware of and in control of my thoughts and emotions. I became more attuned to how my mind works. Like any difficult experience, you come out of it as a stronger and wiser person.

Everything is going fine. You're in the passenger seat of a car, your friend parker is driving down a couple blocks to pick up a six pack. You took 3.5 grams of very potent mushrooms for your first mushroom trip ever (you've done acid a few times before). You, and three other friends have also taken 3.5 grams of mushrooms. They have tripped several times before. As your friend drives to the store, you type up a message to send to your girl on your itouch. You are very concise on the word choice, and it's lengthy, which is why you put it on your itouch first. As you near completing it to save for later, you delete it by accident. You look up (you were engrossed in your itouch for about 25 minutes), and notice that the window looks wet from rain. You ask your friend parker if it's raining. He says it's not, and asks why. You say, because the window is melting. That's why he figures out that you are tripping. This is where he begins to freak you out on purpose because it's funny.

How do you think my first mushroom trip was?

Man I havent done Mushrooms by an Rich Indonesion Friend of mine summed it up pretty good for me ahaha.

He had gone back to Bali in Indonesia as most people do in Australia Winter. Him and some friends had bought Mushrooms for the first time, and alot of powerful ones. The Night started off really well, just laughing about how in like 1 hours they were gonna be fuked. Then they all ate the mushrooms together. The usual tripping side effects slowly started to creep in which they all enjoyed, then one of the guys felt nauseous and went and vomited... Thats when started rapidly going down hill, the guy was vomitting uncontrollably, and was telling everyone that they had eaten poison mushrooms and were all about to die, panic set into the whole group, there were only like 4 of them but one was crying, one of them was still vomiting, on of them just stopped talking and just completely zoned out into an uterrly depressive state of mind, and my friend just went to the toilets to try to understand what was happening. When he got into the bathroom he had already made up his mind that he was going to die and that was the end of that and that there was nothing he could do. Apparently the cieling turned black, the walls started bleeding, black holes opened up in the mirror and he started hearing what he though was the devil telling him how was going to "See him soon"... Thats all he told me because he said the rest was frightening to recount but yeah, you kind of understand what probably happened... Keep in mind this was a first time experience and they did eat mushrooms well above thier punching belt in regards to potency...

jeez ive had a few too many of these. Idk why i guess i used to just dose too high alot. for me its extreme paranoia about something like die-ing (how the fuck do you spell that word im soo high), getting busted by the cops, or ruining my life, mixed with the fact that i cant fucking understand half of my own thoughts, and the visuals seem to turn into demonic pounding colors.

You can only see yourself in a negative manner. Everything that you have ever been embarrassed about, everything you have ever feared being is what defines you.

Everything bad you have ever thought about yourself comes back, and comes back with force.

this is the truth. on a bad trip, your life flashed before your eyes. every good moment, every bad moment. every time you hurt someone close to you. every bad choice, every wrong turn, every decision that made YOU who YOU are now. you wish you could take it back and be a better person but you know it is too late and you are being judged by the only impartial God in the universe-- your own conscience. You get to see everything that makes you completely unworthy of life, yet at the end of it all you are still alive and you thank the almighty stars for giving you the ability to feel such powerful emotions of fear and love.

bad trips are amazing in their ability to change your life, but they require weeks or months of reintegration.

ive always found tripping indoors WORSE than outdoors...indoors i feel enclosed and unsure of whats going on

outside everything is in HD and looks amazing...and the hallucinations dont seem to be that intense (maybe cuz u are trying to be more alert in public)

Okay here is one that I had.

I was having a fun time and I just kept getting higher and higher, and it felt far to toxic. I kept asking myself "did I take too much?" and it was really starting to scare me. I start talking to a friend asking him for advice and he said "Relax, this is what we always do"........ this is when I got a BAD feeling that overwhelmed me like a vehicle spinning out of control. The way he phrased it made us sound like we had drug problems again.

I started to think all kinds of negative thoughts like I should break up with my girlfriend I don't deserve her, that I had let down my mom because I didn't go straight to college after high school, that I should have never left the military, that my life was over, and that I was a big fuck up that will never mount to anything but drugs.

Then I started pacing around in circles telling my friends to fuck off because they wouldn't understand, I actually felt a bit suicidal at that point. For some reason the mushrooms convinced me that everyone I know would be better off without me. Eventually I told my friends to lock me in a room and not let me near any dangerous / sharp objects till I calmed down, this kind of scared them because this is not normal for me.

I eventually talked myself out of the bad trip because the positives outweighed the negatives and because they were leaving to set off some fire-works in the pit and I didn't want to be in a dark house all alone on 7 grams of shrooms.

Hope this doesn't happen to you, happy tripping <3

Last edited:
The only bad trip I've ever had on mushrooms was a fear of going blind. The visuals were so intense I could only see a few feet in front of me whilst trying to keep up with my friends of a mad walk through a forest. I was too scared to say anything, so the anxiety kept building up until I just shouted desperately 'stop!'.

We all sat down and chilled for a bit while I got my head together and the visuals calmed down.

or u take tomuch and die and come back to life wtf who am i?,one bad time is all it takes to never wana do it again , like most psycs