Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Captain.Kratom These three images are of my aTM Freebase, the same batch I obtained in 2010 - Both photo's were mine

Sometimes the lighting, particularly on a phone camera gives it a 'tan' colour. It' actually s a slight off matte white colour. If I take the photo under brighter light, it looks artificially white

There is a mild smell to it, but it is not pungent, I've personally used this batch at least a dozen times and it's been awesome every time.

The second image is closer to it's actual colour. white not tan. The second image was taken through a 30x loupe in the hope of some better clarity.

9kw9k8.jpg

IMG_20140413_235132.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is brown like almost black. it kind of looks like that picture texture-wise but smaller crumbs and wayyy darker. anyone know if this is FB? should I use vinegar either way? I've used vinegar for 5-meo-DMT before that was a very simple process. I also used a tiny amount of vodka one time for 2c-b but it was stupid and may have gotten me slightly drunk for the come up.

Guys and gals', If your ever having trouble determining whether you have the HCl or the freebase just drop some material in water....if it dissloves you've got HCl, if not you've got fb. If you've got the fb just use a little vinegar, problem solved.

@Incognito- The freebase I've been seeing for the past couple years lately looks exactly like the stuff in that first pic, although maybe slightly more orange... same texture and everything. When you purchased the aMT in 2010 was it a more refined white? You say it's white but looking at that first pic it is definately orange to an extent, to the point it looks remarkably similar to the recent orange batches but I can't tell for sure as the other link is broken. If it is more orange than when first purchasing it this brings me to believe that aMT fb simply degrades to a more orange color and there hasn't been any recent synths (that I know of) so all current synths were probably, at one point white but have now degraded into that orange brickdust like powder. aMT fb is afterall pretty damn unstable. If not then the only other thing I can think of is that the newer synth/synths was/were either botched or the chemists were too lazy to perform a "wash" on the final product. All I know is that the last time I've seen white fb was probably around 09'ish though that doesn't mean it hasn't been around after that period. Btw, even the shittiest, smelliest aMT has been awesome :D

@Sonn - There has been a recent batch of aMT succinate (weird choice for a base huh?) that is of a black color. Now I have no info on the succinate at all besides that it is ~30% less potent than the fb IIRC, I could be wrong as I read about this as i read about the stuff while back. The pic below is what the succinate looks like. However, this particular batch was sold as the "HCl" to the person whom the pic belongs to... I'm almost positive this isn't HCl, I've never seen HCl this color. My assumption is the vendor was having a hard time selling the succinate and since it's so much less potent than the fb that it was passed off as being HCl but I could be wrong. I'm just using the below pic as an example of what the succinate looks like. With that said I have recieved dark brown fb before in maybe 08 or so (though nowhere near black, more like dirt colored) and it was definately decent quality fb with no scent so who knows how far the color spectrum runs on fb batches. It would be best to see if the succinate is soluble in water and if it is you can use the water test to find out.

2yllqte.jpg

Last edited:
yea the scent isn't too rancid, it's more just earthy if you ask me a little like mushrooms but a little like DMT

^ jelly :p

yea the scent isn't too rancid, it's more just earthy if you ask me a little like mushrooms but a little like DMT
Have you dropped some in water? That should tell you whether or not it's fb. Also.does yours look like the stuff in the above pic? It could be succinate...

I might have some fb coming my way, if I do get it I'll post pics...this will be the horribly stinky bright orange stuff similar to incognito's first pic.

@Incognito- The freebase I've been seeing for the past couple years lately looks exactly like the stuff in that first pic, although maybe slightly more orange... same texture and everything. When you purchased the aMT in 2010 was it a more refined white? You say it's white but looking at that first pic it is definately orange to an extent, to the point it looks remarkably similar to the recent orange batches but I can't tell for sure as the other link is broken. If it is more orange than when first purchasing it this brings me to believe that aMT fb simply degrades to a more orange color and there hasn't been any recent synths (that I know of) so all current synths were probably, at one point white but have now degraded into that orange brickdust like powder. aMT fb is afterall pretty damn unstable. If not then the only other thing I can think of is that the newer synth/synths was/were either botched or the chemists were too lazy to perform a "wash" on the final product. All I know is that the last time I've seen white fb was probably around 09'ish though that doesn't mean it hasn't been around after that period. Btw, even the shittiest, smelliest aMT has been awesome

The first picture, In the rizla where it looks orange was taken approximately 7 months ago for a tumblr group. The white looking picture was taken immediately before I posted it here. It is the exact same material. I think the orange colour comes from the lighting I used at the time of taking the photo. I will take another one now in a rizla for comparison, I just wanted to stress it is the exact same material.

All these images have just been taken, some in a rizla, some on a foil sheet. Just to demonstrate the variance that lighting can have on the appearance. I apologise in advance CaptainKratom if I've completely misunderstood your point. It's all the same aMT. I obtained a fair few grams back in 2010 (possibly 2009). I don't think I will ever obtain another batch. Ordinarily It's stored in one of those amber pill bottles in a sealed bag in a cool dark enviroment

I'm just trying to illustrate these points
  • camera's aren't perfect
  • lighting plays a huge role (The original "white" image I took was under natural daylight, these ones are just under my incandescent lighting)
  • monitors colour profiling will also result in people seeing different shades (I run dual monitor, and even moving the images between them the colour variation is HUGE

There maybe other factors, I would hold more weight on a persons description than an image, but even that can be misinterpreted and/or misrepresented.

NSFW:
C360_2014-04-13-23-47-04-146.jpg

C360_2014-04-13-23-46-39-190.jpg

C360_2014-04-14-21-33-31-874.jpg

C360_2014-04-13-23-48-33-364.jpg

IMG_20140413_235146.jpeg

C360_2014-04-14-21-34-41-112.jpg

Last edited:
^ Dude, none of your pics are showing besides the one I reposted, not even the second one in post #141... I'm not doubting the two aren't the same...how could I know if I can't see the second pic! In order to post pics you have to upload them to a site like tinypic and.paste the direct link into the photo option.

I do apologise, It's because I use Evernote for everything, but I forgot to change the privacy setting.

Is there another previous image that needs fixing? Point it out and I'll do that now.

Whilst I had the aMT out, I put a little of it (aMT fb) into saline solution and took some pictures, then slowly added ascorbic acid (I filmed this process) and ran it through a micron filter. The resulting solution is clear with no residue left anywhere. So I'm pretty sure it's aMT ascorbate. However I won't be testing it as I used non sterile apparatus for the experiment. It shows as PH3

I need to go off and do some stuff, but I'll post it up later if it's worthwhile and not breaching the BLUA.

EDIT: Thanks CaptainKratom for pointing that out, I never would've realised (because I'm signed into evernote, they show fine for me).Going forwards if I post images from evernote I'll link out to the full image set (if that's allowed? rather than trying to post them in the thread, because they're a little obnoxious and distract from the conversation.

On second note, I'll start a tumblr to collect any images I take, and link from there. Please ALWAYS point out any broken parts to my post. There's nothing more irritating than reading through an old thread where the images no longer exist.

Last edited:
Is this the type of drug where higher doses have you more "immersed" in the body high making it almost feel cleaner than a light dose where only the beginnings of the body stimulation are present? I want to roll face so I'm thinking i'm gonna plug 80mg, what sort of side effects come with increasing the dosage? my main problem was maintaining my temperature before. I'm hoping that wont be an issue this time, it's a lot warmer out now. I'm ready to deal with a slightly worse comedown because the one from two weeks ago was a cakewalk compared to ones from even BK-MDMA

@incognito - They're still all broken, everyone you've posted down to the NSFW pics are unviewable, for me at least. Once you add enough ascorbic acid to dissolve your material it is succesfully converted to the ascorbate, you are correct. Btw sorry if I came off as trying to tell you that your aMT is definately orange, it's just that the pic I posted in the rizla looks exactly like the newer batches of freebase down to the color and since I couldn't, and still can't see your other image it's hard to say that there's not a tiny bit of orange, at least a tint to your fb. Since you purchased it a while back it would make sense that it was white. Like I said though if my aMT comes through I'll be sure to post pics of the orange, stinky af aMT...looks just like your first pic only maybe a bit more orange, the lighting makes it look remarably similar to the aMT I've seen in the past couple years, same texture and everything.

Is this the type of drug where higher doses have you more "immersed" in the body high making it almost feel cleaner than a light dose where only the beginnings of the body stimulation are present? I want to roll face so I'm thinking i'm gonna plug 80mg, what sort of side effects come with increasing the dosage? my main problem was maintaining my temperature before. I'm hoping that wont be an issue this time, it's a lot warmer out now. I'm ready to deal with a slightly worse comedown because the one from two weeks ago was a cakewalk compared to ones from even BK-MDMA

Yes, that's VERY much the case for me which Is why I refuse to dose under 40mgs. I think you should.go with 70 though, 80 just seems like too high a second dose, especially since this is gonna be your first time plugging it. The thing is that there's a point where increasing the dose doesn't do much more, just makes the next day a bit more bland?... can't find the right word, you won't feel depressed, likely, but you won't have much energy and you might have some seriously vivid dreams but nothing too much. aMT fucks with my body temp regardless of dose IME, I always seem to flip between hot and cold during the come-up but once the MDMA phase kicks in I overheat... If I were you I would just bring some tylenol or ibuprofen to reduce any potential fever and even headaches. Speaking for myself though, just felt I should mention that...

Last edited:
Okay, my new batch of aMT arrived and I've got potentially great news... Ladies and Gents, I believe we've got a new batch of aMT HCl making the rounds :D!!! Or... I was sent a mislabeled batch lol. The site I ordered from (the same that used to send out the disgusting orange stuff) doesn't specify whether or not they carry the fb or HCl and since they usually send out the fb I was quite worried when I recieved a clumpy white, ever so slightly tan, water soluble, low odor batch of aMT. Here's the thing, it looks remarkably similar to the 5-MEO-DALT (The only other tryptamine they carry) that I purchased a while back with some aMT, same texture and everything... just a tad bit darker.

The 5-MEO-DALT was shipped in the same bag as the previous aMT so the scents of both stuck together and the 5-MEO-DALT smells EXACTLY like the aMT batch I received, just not as bad but that's likely because the -DALT took on the odor of aMT (so I have no idea what 5-MEO-DALT really smells like) and the new "aMT" is just well... low odor aMT. I've sent an e-mail to the vendor to see if they are now selling a new batch of aMT and if they are, it appears to be of high quality, and HCl since it's soluble in water. Below are pics of the material. The vendor is located in the UK so I'll update you on his response when he gets the e-mail. I'm crossing my fingers that this is indeed aMT, I would test it but I'm out of reagents... Anyways I'll NSFW the pics below. If anyone with 5-MEO-DALT can describe the smell that would be appreciated as well. I'm kinda excited, I haven't had HCl in years...

Edit: This is NOT an ID post, I'm not asking for wild speculation. I've ordered some test reagants already, are we aloud to share reagent sources? You can get them unbelievably chrap from one of the most popular sites... Anyways it smells like aMT and was shipped as aMT so I'm pretty sure it really is, but it would be silly to think that there couldn't have been a mix up.

NSFW:
The "aMT HCl":
28unur5.jpg

Another pic of the "aMT HCl":
i29fh0.jpg

"aMT HCl" on the bottom and 5-MEO-DALT on the top, the color difference isn't so noticeable but the -DALT is definately whiter in person:
jfj4ag.jpg

Last edited:
I too have a similar "white" looking batch with little smell i got a few months ago from a uk vendor. Its deffinately amt and it was sold as freebase, I'm yet to put it in water to check but I'm guessing its just a really clean batch of Fb amt.

my comedown from aMT came mainly in the form of needing more sleep. The head fog of the day after was no more than a solid dose of mushrooms, which is to say, not a lot. :)

MAPS should work on getting THIS back on the market <3

I too have a similar "white" looking batch with little smell i got a few months ago from a uk vendor. Its deffinately amt and it was sold as freebase, I'm yet to put it in water to check but I'm guessing its just a really clean batch of Fb amt.
Can you PLEASE add some to water and report your findings? It's not fb if it's soluble which mine IS. Glad to hear there's a new batch though, I though we would never see one again being that it's become so damn cheap

So the white batch i was talking about turns out to be freebase! (didn't dissolve in water) Is this an indication of better quality?

In general yes, the best AMT I have ever gotten was a white freebase.

ooh nice! its the first ever batch iv had so I cant compare quality very well but its deffinately potent! tried it at various low doses with lots of success :) might need to get more and hope for the same batch!

70mg the other day, very rollercoastery, think i'll go 50mg maximum next time