Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Strange enough though there have been more than a few instances where I was simply un-able to defecate and yet I noticed no difference, in fact I don't think I've ever had a dose "poobsorbed" but it would without a doubt be best to clear your bowels as others have had unsuccesful plugged doses due to a full colon.

Last edited:
Yeah I have a number of times. Actually it can be a challenge because of my opiate addiction, my bowels don't usually clear as well as they should and I'll plug something, and sometimes, especially if it's a substance that burns/irritates, I will have to take a shit again within 10 minutes even if I did right before.

Yeah that can cause problems, luckily kratom actually keeps me regular :D. I wonder if it's because the fiber or stimulant alkaloids, either way I always have 1-2 bowel movements a day so this may be why I've never encountered any problems. I'm surprised you find aMT irritating though, iirc you use HCL right? Try diluted white vinegar next time, no irritation experienced on my end and certainly no urge to take a shit like with 2c's. The only downside to using vinegar is the stentch 8(!!! I think you can imagine how aweful a combination of aMT and vinegar will smell, disgusting.

Last edited:
Ugh, two of my least favorite smells on the planet...

I often used the freebase, which does burn... or HCl, I never used the acetate.

Sorry I worded that wrong, I meant that you convert your FB with HCL right? All I use is the FB and when converted to the acetate and diluted there's no burn at all nor the urge to shit. It's only slightly irritating if I dont convert the FB to anything and just straight up plug the non-water soluble material. Just try disssolving your FB in vinegar at least once if you ever get aMT again, trust me it's alot easier on the rectum...just go easy on how much vinegar you use.

Last edited:
Ps. DON'T snort aMT, it burns horribly, leaves the worst taste that won't go away, and may even make your nose bleed. Sublingual...no, just no. I highly doubt you will be able to keep a solid dose of aMT in your mouth for 20-30minutes.

is it worse than snorting freebase dmt?

Have you ever smelled freebase aMT? Almost all batches of freebase aMT have by far been the worst smelling drug ever. So imagine having to constantly smell and taste what smells like a combination of extreme halitosis, mothballs, and shit for a good couple hours while experiencing a severe burn akin to 2c's that just doesn't stop.. for me at least, never snorted DMT but I would imagine it burns like fuck but still not as bad as aMT since you wouldn't have to deal with the taste and smell. I've never snorted the HCl though, that might be a bit easier on the nose.

Have you ever smelled freebase aMT? Almost all batches of freebase aMT have by far been the worst smelling drug ever. So imagine having to constantly smell and taste what smells like a combination of extreme halitosis, mothballs, and shit for a good couple hours while experiencing a severe burn akin to 2c's that just doesn't stop.. for me at least, never snorted DMT but I would imagine it burns like fuck but still not as bad as aMT since you wouldn't have to deal with the taste and smell. I've never snorted the HCl though, that might be a bit easier on the nose.

yes, it smells like tryptamine, a bit more rotten than the flowery tryptamine smell of dmt, but i don't find it so bad. i'm quite resistant to the unpleasantness of chemical smells (cigarettes impair your sense of smell quite a bit). i've never done 2c's, but a "nice" dose of freebase dmt burns like hell with watery eyes for a good 15-20 mins. not worth it for a 1-2 hour trip, but for a 12 hour trip i'd be ok with that. on the other hand having the smell for multiple hours doesn't sound that pleasant :). how did the effects compare to oral/rectal/vaped?

Maybe you got a lucky batch (not all batches are that smelly) or you got the HCl but most batches of aMT do not smell like tryptamine IMO, the recent batches I've gotten have stunk so bad that simply removing the bag from the vial will instantly fill the room with the fowlest scent ever, I can't even explain to you just how bad these batches smell. If you lay a finger on the bag (not even the material) your hand will reak of aMT and it's incredibly hard to get off. Tryptamine has that earthy, floral scent that I don't mind but aMT is nowhere near as pleasant a scent.

When insufflated I felt first effects within 20 minutes though I didn't peak until 1.5h in, the trip was less psychedelic, bodyload was nearly identical to oral...maybe slightly less though the first hour was total misery. The smell of aMT lingered in my breath for the whole trip and my nose burned.for a good 30 minutes however the discomfort lingered for about an hour. The drip... omg, I had to try so hard not to puke. The trip lasts about maybe 8-10h, I don't really remember as it was a while back. I instantly regretted snorting it, trust me I'd rather stick aMT up my ass than go through that misery ever again. The come-up is rough enough, imagine having to deal with all the nausea, anxiety, and temp fluctuations while dealing with the nastiest taste ever as well as a burning nasal passage, it was horrible and dissorienting. Oh and dose was maybe 10mgs lower than oral/plugged doses, not worth it.

it's definitely freebase and i have it in a paper baggy inside a plastic baggy inside a glass vial inside a plastic container to keep the smell inside. still, it's just intense, but not necessarily a bad smell imho :)

ok, thanks for the comprehensive description. so nasal really is the ultimate combination of the negative effects of amt. i would have imagined the rest to be more comparable to rectal dosing (given that it's taken up by a mucosa and that less substance hits the 5-ht3 receptors in your gut), just with added "nose unpleasantness". it's my favourite route of administration, but i think i'll pass... :)

All the batches of AMT I have gotten smell like chemical fertilizer mixed with indole to me, it's a really nasty smell I dislike strongly. But people experience smells differently.

Anyone here ever tried pre-loading with ondansetron before AMT to try to lessen the nausea on the come-up?
Actually, I have taken less than 35mg doses and that never gave me any nausea, just some mild "butterflies in the stomach", just as any psych come-up", maybe just a little more discomfortable. However, Im planning to take 50mg soon and Id like to avoid the possible nauseating com-up I could have.
I do not wish to plug anything right now, so... would ondanstetron solve this problem without affecting the trip?

All the batches of AMT I have gotten smell like chemical fertilizer mixed with indole to me, it's a really nasty smell I dislike strongly. But people experience smells differently.
Really? I've gotten one or two close to completely scentless batches of aMT fb but this was at least a good 4 years back. It was more brown than the more recent bright orange batches. Either way I've definately noticed varying degrees of smell between batches with the recent few from "that one" supplier being remarkably bad... real bad lol. The HCl (which I've only recieved once) definately smelled like tryptamine though.

I have never taken ondansetron, however, my guess is it would work, judging by what I know about it.

I just thought I'd post a few images of my aMT, it was acquired 2010 and is the only batch I've had. it's freebase, and potent. I have no personal doubts about it's purity.

I post these because reading through the posts, there seems to be a great variance the chemical form. I would also like to as anyone who has the hcl to post a picture too, just for comparison. Would I be right im assuming the HCL comes as crystals?

NSFW:
IMG_20140413_235132.jpg

C360_2014-04-13-23-50-53-211.jpg

The amt is slightly off white, the lighting made it looks slightly tan in the second picture.

Broken image links.

All of the AMT I have ever had was either pure, snowy white, or slightly off-white (and it's all been very high quality). And it's all been freebase too, high-quality freebase with no degradation or impurities should, as I understand it, have the appearance of snowy white but completely non-clear, tiny crystals.

I haven't seen pure white fb for a few years, all the fb I've seen lately looks like the stuff below. However this may be because I'm limited on what vendors I could, in theory, use (the last 2 or 3 vendors that have been used by someone I know have been the same stuff)... I really wish the HCl was the standard, it smells less, it's water soluble, and most importantly it's more stable. I don't think were gonna be seeing more aMT synths, it looks like aMT is on "clearance" on alot of sites, and in my case the batches are starting to degrade... or maybe the newer synths were botched to begin with but the fb I've been seeing that looks exactly like the stuff below smells terrible! It's not noticably less potent but it's definately not like the cleaner synths we were seeing years back. I hope I'm wrong about there being no more synths though...

9kw9k8.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, wow, that looks so much less nice than I remember. :\