• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Amantadine and Memantine thread

The real fun effects happen at the 100-200mg range with memantine, as I recall.

The real fun effects happen at the 100-200mg range with memantine, as I recall.

How manageable is this to do on a Friday at 4 PM and have round out almost completely by the following Sunday night/Monday morning?

I will probably dip in again at the 100 mg mark this coming Friday to find out but would like to hear first if you have any experience.

I may have to play with the acidification of urine to help speed up elimination, I have done DOI and Bromo-Dragonfly so the duration thing isn't overly much of an issue I just want to make sure I will be fine at work on Monday.

100 mg of memantine dosed orally 30-40 minutes ago, am already feeling it a bit, may be keeping a log of developments as they happen on here or elsewhere, haven't decided yet.

Jesus fuck am I high, I forgot how much dissociatives give you the MYSTERY feeling, where things are just kind of sneaky in your perception, something is a little off and hard to pin down, something going on under the radar. Fuck I am going to be frying all night which I guess I am ok with, feeling very similar to some of the manic moments I had with MXE at the moment, more lucid but still feel that I am trying to uncover some well-hidden secret. I don't have any slurring which is good, MXE used to make me slur like a motherfucker.

This 100 mg vs the 75 mg dose from last week is actually a bit different feeling in character, more stellar high, I guess I wasn't as dissociated with the 75 which makes sense. I need a fucking puzzle to solve or a mystery to figure out or something to fuck my mind, MENTAL SEX, forgot how good that shit feels. Do my words convey what I am trying to say to the reader? How many licks to the center of my mind?

Just wanting to say this for people interested, this is the dose where you will surely NOT EVEN FUCKING THINK ABOUT DRIVING ON. I haven't tried I just know that right now my body is all compartmentalized and my hands are able to do things but the rest of me is kinda hard to describe, damn I know this is pointless in trying to say hahaha, all over I am pretty numb, not quite as electric as last time I took it which is very interesting, the energy kind of converted to mania which I don't mind, I miss me some dopamine in life so this is a good thing. To those that don't find this pleasurable at this dose you must not enjoy dissociatives in general because the body high is fucking amazing, reminds me a bit of methadone which I have only done once, the mindfuck is way different than methadone but I am just trying to put some words to how I feel besides saying that I AM FUCKING FRYING.

Frying has to be my favorite way to describe dissociating. It doesn't feel the same as acid where you get all livened up and plugged in to electricity, this just feels like I am a microwave, if that makes any fucking sense at all haha. I think I am going to watch youtube videos with lasers in them. Lasers sound dope as fuck right now and chemistry is fucking awesome. I am a bunch of fucking non-sense electrons.

I have a bunch of memantine I’ve been meaning to experiment with myself. Haven’t gone beyond 40mg though. Probably 60-75 next.

I have seen some badass light production promos on YouTube. I like the 3D truss structures with reflective silk screens that create hologram effects.

How much does memantine help with opioid tolerance? How much does it cause high blood pressure ?

Never tried memantine but bromantine was entirely inactive even after a few months taking it, possibly anxiogenic. Put me off memantine

Bromantane actually. I don't believe they're related at all. Memantine is a dissociative, it's quite active without a shadow of a doubt.

Bromantane actually. I don't believe they're related at all. Memantine is a dissociative, it's quite active without a shadow of a doubt.
Looks like they are related, but maybe not as closely as I thought. I'll have to give it a shot sometime

Anybody know if there any interactions between Mementine and non-sedating antihistamines like there is with DXM?

Did orphenadrine can cause similar effects at higher doses? Although is a antimuscarinic, it has less anticholinergic effects than DPH and is a NMDA antagonist too.
The only problem is: Is OTC here but each pill have metamizole 300 + caffeine 50mg + orphenadrine 35mg
How much is "safe" to achieve a deliriant/dissociative effect?
Remembering that with 4 pills is very stimulant with almost 0 deliriant effects, a little bit dissociative.

Memantine is a weird weird one folks. My first trial at 40mg was just a dopamine faucet on full blast (compulsive online shopping and masturbation)

my second 40mg dose was standard dissociative fare, with a slight D2 agonist tinge.
The after effects keep me from diving deep with this one, I took 20mg a day for about 5 days and had a horrific anxiety attack the last night of dosing.

Memantine seems very odd, peoples' reactions to it vary wildly all across the board. My friend who loves dissociatives the most of any class of drugs didn't care for memantine.

never done ketamine, decided to do 130 mg memantine with an experienced k user (his dose of memantine at 190 😳). For almost 2 hours i just felt happy, dancing a little like drunk/mdma. Then i felt a little odd and have no more visual memories, just random bits and pieces of conversation until 2:30 in the morning i became aware again. I felt like a cell on a microscope slide slowly filling with life, nothing but gray monotone existence. Hours later i was me again, trying to maneuver in a jerky physical body but when i closed my eyes i saw such beautiful visuals. Watching universes being built and just feeling like i was so safe and comfortable, nothing i saw was going to hurt me. My partner said yeah, we were in a k-hole, memantine is like k but way longer.

Just picked up 5 g of Memantine. I’m more interested in it’s ability to reduce tolerance buildup and neuroprotective properties. I also currently find myself in a state I swore I’d never return to.

Over the past couple of years I was able to use benzos twice a week but the last couple months my usage has spun out of control. I’m currently in college at the tail end of completing my BS in chemistry and the course load has become unbearable.

As such, I began to take adderall to increase my ability to study for longer hours. Amphetamines increase compulsivity thus I started taking more benzos to counteract the negative effects of stimulants. Furthermore, one needs a higher dose of benzos to mitigate these effects.

Now I feel like I’m on the brink of ruin. All that hard work I put towards school is in serious jeopardy. My memory retention is beginning to deteriorate and I don’t know how I can taper in the midst of taking these difficult courses.

I’ve also heard Memantine is effective for benzo withdrawals and reducing excitotoxicity. Ugh fucking benzos have been the bane of my existence. When your on them cognition is compromised, but conversely coming off of them turns your brain into scrambled eggs, literally fries you with excess glutumate.

Hopefully with the aid of NAC and Memantine I can reduce the oxidative stress that accompanies benzo withdrawal, so that I can still function at school. How the hell did I let this happen again. I’ve been through benzo tapers multiple times and the ineffable nightmare that ensues is soul crushing. Damn…

Just picked up 5 g of Memantine. I’m more interested in it’s ability to reduce tolerance buildup and neuroprotective properties. I also currently find myself in a state I swore I’d never return to.

Over the past couple of years I was able to use benzos twice a week but the last couple months my usage has spun out of control. I’m currently in college at the tail end of completing my BS in chemistry and the course load has become unbearable.

As such, I began to take adderall to increase my ability to study for longer hours. Amphetamines increase compulsivity thus I started taking more benzos to counteract the negative effects of stimulants. Furthermore, one needs a higher dose of benzos to mitigate these effects.

Now I feel like I’m on the brink of ruin. All that hard work I put towards school is in serious jeopardy. My memory retention is beginning to deteriorate and I don’t know how I can taper in the midst of taking these difficult courses.

I’ve also heard Memantine is effective for benzo withdrawals and reducing excitotoxicity. Ugh fucking benzos have been the bane of my existence. When your on them cognition is compromised, but conversely coming off of them turns your brain into scrambled eggs, literally fries you with excess glutumate.

Hopefully with the aid of NAC and Memantine I can reduce the oxidative stress that accompanies benzo withdrawal, so that I can still function at school. How the hell did I let this happen again. I’ve been through benzo tapers multiple times and the ineffable nightmare that ensues is soul crushing. Damn…

Well, I cant speak to how effective memantine is in this scenario, but on paper it should be rather helpful.

I have been in "How the hell did i let this happen again?" scenarios more times than I'd like to admit. It's easier said than done, but try your best not to beat yourself up. We're all humans and all make mistakes, especially under moments of intense stress. I try not to give advice, but I say do what you have to do to get through school. If it means continuing with benzos then so be it, but I'd urge you to begin a taper ASAP. Make it an extremely slow taper if you have to. Not sure what benzo you've been using but lower your dose even just .1mg every 1 or 2 weeks if you have to take it that slow. Progress is progress and you'll eventually hit a point where your cognition and memory retention start to improve.

Best of luck! Sounds like you're in a stressful ass situation but I have faith that you can manage it! Whatever you do, just don't let your benzo dose increase anymore than it has. The stimulant-downer cycle is a tough one.