• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EleanARGH, sounds like 6-apb to me... it can be very long lasting, it does come in blue pellets in the packaging you describe.

Effects I've had are not far off your own, altho I do find I'm able to sleep a lot sooner than you report. In general, I seem to be able to get to sleep easier than the majority of other decent reports i've read - god knows why.... I can still be feeling the stim effects when I wake up several hours later however...

Splitz, I would come to the same judgment about redosing from reading thru the reports on here, but it seems to suit me OK to redose so I'll be carrying on with it for now.

Re-dosing for me really only makes sense when you want to be on a decent high for 12+ hours (which for me means at a music festival like I'm going to tomorrow), and if the stimulant effects on the comedown off the high don't annoy you so much that it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth about the whole thing.

For me, I can get to sleep post 6-apb without too much bother as I mentioned in my last post, and a re-dose about 4 to 5 hours in does give me a longer high, although nothing beats the period about 1.5 to 3 hours after taking the initial hit in my experience so far.

The only really bad comedown I've had is when I took a pellet towards the tail-end of a long drinking session - really stupid move. Didn't enjoy or really remember the high, and had a lengthy annoying hungover comedown and recovery. A couple of drinks is the max I like to have on this and none at all works best.

A major gap in using for me is that the biggest initial dose I've had is one pellet.

Heading to festival tomorrow - taking 150mg powder early doors with a pellet around as an optional extra later on

Last edited:
The only really bad comedown I've had is when I took a pellet towards the tail-end of a long drinking session - really stupid move. Didn't enjoy or really remember the high, and had a lengthy annoying hungover comedown and recovery. A couple of drinks is the max I like to have on this and none at all works best.

Not related to the comedown, but I have to agree that taking 6-apb while moderately to significantly inebriated is a BAD IDEA. Every time I've taken 6-apb while drunk the GI distress (including most importantly NAUSEA) has increased dramatically. I simply CANNOT avoid vomiting during 6-apb's come up while drunk.

Tonight I dosed a mix of 5 and 6 apb rectally and still felt like I might puke any moment. But unlike when I eat a dose of 6-apb,I did not throw up at any point tonight(yay). However I didn`t get as high as I would have like(boo).

@ grudge... I'll just have to see how it goes. I'd like to get to know 6-apb a bit more intimately before I go caning it like a madman, although I do enjoy my long experiences and I would probably be ok with this. My plan for it anyway is just for me and a mate to chill out, drop some of this, chat and see what the fuss is about, before i go raving on it and all.

Tried 50/50 mg of 6-apb and 5-apb as a tester and the "roll" was pretty weak, kind of like a lazy boring roll. I couldnt even talk to people unlike if I was truly rolling balls. Music wasnt that great, even 4-FA beats it, So basically walked around with a body high not really enjoying it all. Side note: last couple weeks i've only taking a few breaks from 4-FA so hopefully with rest and time I'll take 150 mg of 6 and 50 mg of 5 and a 50 booster down the line. So from todays little run, it was a C rating but I think there is potential.

Thank you for backing me up. I agree totally with what you just said. That is exactly how 6-apb alone is for me. I look at 6-apb as a drug you need to mix with other drugs, because on it's own, it just doesnt do the trick. Now I am speaking for the 6-apb I have, I cant speak for every single batch, quality or website/vendor. And unfortunately we are not allowed to talk about which vendors are good, so that is out of the question. If we could discuss this it would help to steer people away from bad quality 6-apb.

Most of you seem to think I have bad quality 6-apb and that would explain why I am not enjoying it as many of you are. I got a PM from someone who really made me think, maybe my stuff isnt pure. I know it isn't fake, it definitely has 6-apb because I do know what the color, texture and smell are like through research. Mine fits that 100% Also, the site I get from has nothing but 100% positive feedback on their 6-apb. People are saying it is the highest quality. I have ordered from them times before and never had a problem on any of their substances. Always the highest and purest quality. 99% is what they state. I've had their 4-MEC which was very potent, which also contradicts many reports here.

I think the misleading info from 6-apb comes from all the different batches, as well as that it is a very subjective drug. I was told my batch could of had a mixture of MDAI with the 6-apb. I have not tried MDAI on its own so not sure how that would be, but I heard through reading reports that it is like a weak sertonin drug. But the 6-apb/MDAI mixture I supposedly have, wouldnt that just make it more serotogenic? I think the reason I came down within an hour last time I did the 6-apb was because I only did a very small amount. So that is why it didnt last long. The other times I did it, it lasted hours. The first time, I did a high dose and lasted over 7 hours. I had to smoke some weed to get the trip really going though. I did enjoy the 6-apb when mixed with other drugs, such as weed or 4-FA. But not mixed with alcohol.

So please dont freak out people, just posting true info on the 6-apb I got from a very popular site. One of the best sites online, and some of you probably order there, so that is why I am warning potential new customers that the 6-apb is dodgy. Real or not, it's no good. I am still willing to give another vendor a try, and then I can come back and tell you who their's is. unfortunately we can't name the sites. Too many different qualitys, synths, etc. But even this batch I have which again, comes from a site without a single complaint on their 6-apb. At least if there were complaints no one ever posted them in thier feedback. But someone did PM and tell me their friend also said the batch they had from there felt like a piperazine. I know what pipes feel like, I've done them many times.

XTC4life- Did you ever clear your PM folder? I wanted to send you a message. Let me know
^ 6apb at 50mg doses would not produce the slightest euphoria. When I first got my batch I was being a little to careful and took only 70mg and was only left with slight stimulation, but then all of a sudded 30 more mg and it turned into a euphoric mess haha.

150mg is where you really wanna be at though. When I figured that out there was no going back.

I got euphoria from probably less than 50 mg's. I am very sensitive to psychedelics. So not everyone is the same. While it wouldn't produce euphoria for you, it did for me. But it only lasted an hour. Not worth it. 4-FA does infact last all night. That doesnt mean the empathy lasts all night from one dose. But you can redose and keep it going with alcohol. Like 4life said, beer goes down like water with that shit. No bad side effects and you can redose. This leads to me feeling like I'm rolling all night, and I can sleep whenever I'm ready. 4-FA to me is like a miracle drug, and by far and large, I know 100% it is a better drug than 6-apb, bottom line. It's healthier, less side effects, can be redosed more which means it will last longer than 6-apb, stronger euhoria etc. So even the best quality 6-apb would still not be able to top the 4-FA.

I could not imagine re-dosing 6. Possibly while I was coming up or right before the peak, but closer to the end would be absolute hell. The intense forceful stimulation I felt after dosing 6 was completely fucked. I can fall asleep after MDMA and MDA, but this 6 is more like trying to fall asleep on LSD. The comedown is a good 6 hours long, followed by residual heavy afterglow (compared to MDMA's light afterglow). MDA and 6 can feel similar because both will knock you flat and floor you. MDA is far cleaner though, 6-apb feeling heavy and dirty; heavy with an opiate feeling. 6-apb and MDA both share a lack of empathy ("I love everything and everyone") for me compared to MDMA, but MDA and 6 overwhelm me with the most insatiable sexual urges I have ever experienced; almost to the point of affecting my trip negatively. MDA is FAR cleaner feeling compared to 6 though; on MDA I feel oh so content to spend my entire night writhing in a bed and get foot massages, on 6 I am content with laying down for a bit, then I have to move, then I need to sit, then move again almost like I'm fighting boredom, or my brain can't make up it's mind about this chemical.

It should never replace MDA or MDMA, but it definitely could if it needed to.

See now that I am stating true bad experiences with "6-apb powder" now others are coming out more and more and stating their true opinions on it. And a lot of them aren't good. The way you just described 6-apb is identical to what I experienced. The drug is boring. Plain and simple, I actually wanted to turn off the music everytime I did it. Just sitting in silence is better on 6-apb...and that's pretty sad when it's supposed to have the potential of a rolling drug. MDA is far cleaner too in my opinion. But in that chance I do have a bad batch, then obviously a good batch would be better than my experience. I am obviously not speaking for every batch on the planet, just what I have. (Which again comes from one of the best sites so I feel the need to warn people about 6-apb due to the high potential of getting one of these "Batches") But no one complained about this batch. So I used common sense. Not many complain in these threads, so I believed I did have 100% real genuine 6-apb. Site says 99% pure so that would be false advertising if that were not true. People should be warned about 6-apb, it can cause a disaster of a night, where as 4-FA will provide a very fun time for almost anyone who tries it. Why risk taking 6-apb if you are new to these substances, the 4-FA I've received has always been high quality. Just make sure you research your site before you purchase.
smell? colour? side effects?
just suppose you had never had real 6-apb, how would you know precisely how it smells? even then that wouldn't be a sure indication that you indeed had that compound. impurities can alter the smell significantly. the best amphetamine i've had smelt like apples and the second best like used underwear.
for colour it's the same, different methods of synthesizing a compound (and the effort taken to purify it) lead to a different appearance, so again that's no way to tell what you got.
your mention of side effects is a bit funny since they don't actually fit with the consensus here on the board that well. duration also does not, which is a much better indicator, but still not even all of the above could help you unequivocally indentify the substance you have got. i don't want to discount your experience (with whichever chemical you tried), but for the sake of harm reduction: there is no way to identify your substance without LAB TESTING! a colour reagent test can give you a rough guess, but there's no way to be sure without having it tested in a lab. i've had some 6-apb lying around for six months and still haven't tried it because i haven't yet had the chance to send it to the lab.

This I totally disagree with. You can certainly identify your substance without a lab. Now, the impurities, no I dont expect to identify them. But the site says 99% pure so why would I worry about 1%? It was brought to my knowledge that someone else may of had a impure batch mixed with MDAI. Let me ask first- Has Anyone here done MDAI and 6-apb mixture? If so, how did it feel? Like a piperazine? I hear MDAI mixes well with many things, it is unfortunately it could ruin such a substance like 6-apb which I thought had great potential. So bottom line, I know I have real 6-apb but there is no way I can know what else is in there. But to me it's obvious to know what drug you have by look, taste, smell. I've got a trained eye for that. You could call it a special ability, as not many others can do this but I've always been able to know exactly what drugs were in my xtc pills when I used to take them. I was never suprised except twice. I was wrong twice out of over 1000 times. Once I was fooled into think a bad bean was a good bean and vice versa. And I wasn't fooled easily, what happened was I got one of those crappy Transformer piperazine cut outs, (knew it was a pipe before I even bought it) and along with that (from the same guy) came a Yellow Devil. I had not looked up the beans online and the devil looked like a pipe, just like the cut out. Add to that, I had never gotten an MDMA pill and a Pipe pill at the same time from the same guy. I even tasted the Devil and tasted sweet like a pipe (MDMA pills never taste like this) so I decided to eat the Devil first. Low and behold I felt the come up and I knew this couldn't be a piperazine. Before I knew it I was rolling balls. And then I confirmed by reading reports that these were strong MDMA pills. I actually trolled balls that night though cuz I took the piperzine with the MDMA. (NOT Recommended, can be deadly) I've done this several times and everytime it makes the roll for me much more intense, on another level. MDMA on it's own was weak for me as I over did it. Only other time I was wrong, was when the dealer tried to fool me. I am the one who taught him about beans and what to look for in a real pill (normally more powderly, but not always. Usually less crystally. DXM and Pipes appear crystalls, but I can easily tell them apart just by looking at and tasting the pill.

Last edited:
Hi Bluelight,

I've had a few experiences with 6-apb, the last of which put me off a bit due to its unexpected intensity. The first batch I had i'd certainly agree with the doses recommended here, except with an additional note that even at quite low (50ish mg) doses 6-apb seems to be potentiated by weed in a quite entertainingly trippy manner, and a friend of mine reported nitrous oxide was considerably enhanced by low doses of 6-apb also.

The second batch I had I jumped straight in at 100mg without any prior testing as it smelled and looked similar, but the come up totally blew my head off. Probably 45 minutes of wobbly legged walking, massive pupils, coming close to vomiting, and by then I was in no mind to enjoy the experience so went home and had a reasonably pleasant 6 hours or so of empathic chatteryness that did not really offset the traumatic come up (but was a generally nice, long drawn out experience).

I wonder if this has a similar dose response curve to that of MDMA whereby small increases in dose vastly increase the concentrations? It's worth noting I never really liked high doses of MDMA due to the intense coming up feeling either, but this was worse than I have experienced from that. And also that if you like/are experienced with the onset of stimulants you might have found that quite fun, but when it's entirely unexpected it certainly isnt.

Anyhow, this post is mostly to remind people to be careful with new batches of drugs, even those they have tried before! This is the only time I have ever been irresponsible enough to not test with smaller amounts, and it's basically ruined 6-apb for me for a while.

Apologies if I should have written this up as a trip report instead, just wanted to reply to some of the dosing recommendations here.

Hi Bluelight,

I've had a few experiences with 6-apb, the last of which put me off a bit due to its unexpected intensity. The first batch I had i'd certainly agree with the doses recommended here, except with an additional note that even at quite low (50ish mg) doses 6-apb seems to be potentiated by weed in a quite entertainingly trippy manner, and a friend of mine reported nitrous oxide was considerably enhanced by low doses of 6-apb also.

The second batch I had I jumped straight in at 100mg without any prior testing as it smelled and looked similar, but the come up totally blew my head off. Probably 45 minutes of wobbly legged walking, massive pupils, coming close to vomiting, and by then I was in no mind to enjoy the experience so went home and had a reasonably pleasant 6 hours or so of empathic chatteryness that did not really offset the traumatic come up (but was a generally nice, long drawn out experience).

I wonder if this has a similar dose response curve to that of MDMA whereby small increases in dose vastly increase the concentrations? It's worth noting I never really liked high doses of MDMA due to the intense coming up feeling either, but this was worse than I have experienced from that. And also that if you like/are experienced with the onset of stimulants you might have found that quite fun, but when it's entirely unexpected it certainly isnt.

Anyhow, this post is mostly to remind people to be careful with new batches of drugs, even those they have tried before! This is the only time I have ever been irresponsible enough to not test with smaller amounts, and it's basically ruined 6-apb for me for a while.

Apologies if I should have written this up as a trip report instead, just wanted to reply to some of the dosing recommendations here.

Sounds like you had a nice batch.(Can you PM me? I'd like to ask you a question) I love that intense come up feeling. I love the puking, and everything that goes along with it. I absolutely adore the eye wiggles. Once I saw them listed as a "negative" effect of MDMA. I'm like WTF? That means you got some bomb pills if you're seeing eye wiggles. Some eye wiggles are much more insane than others. The simple ones go from side to side. The insane ones, go every which way, diagonally, spinning around in circles (Anyone else seen the wiggles spin) warped and slow speeds, just insanity. My girl looked like a butterfly everytime they would slow for a second.

Has anybody else found that they have replaced MDMA with 6apb due to its ease of availability etc.? also I'm having the chance of trying LSD soon, would 6apb and lsd be a sort of candyflip, any experiences?

Has anybody else found that they have replaced MDMA with 6apb due to its ease of availability etc.? also I'm having the chance of trying LSD soon, would 6apb and lsd be a sort of candyflip, any experiences?

Absolutely not an MDMA replacement, at least not the batch I have. But guess what I tried yesterday? And this IS an MDMA replacement, I don't care what anyone says, I know what rolling is like and this combo feels exactly like it. If Pure MDMA was a 10 out of 10 I'd rate this combo a 9.5/10. It's that close. The combo is Methylone and 4-FA! I took 250 mg's of each. Took the 4-FA first and then the Methylone about 30 mins into it and I was rolling balls within minutes of taking the methylone. Amazing combo, this is the recreation of MDMA. I dont even need to waste time thinking about 6-apb anymore.

Absolutely not an MDMA replacement, at least not the batch I have. But guess what I tried yesterday? And this IS an MDMA replacement, I don't care what anyone says, I know what rolling is like and this combo feels exactly like it. If Pure MDMA was a 10 out of 10 I'd rate this combo a 9.5/10. It's that close. The combo is Methylone and 4-FA! I took 250 mg's of each. Took the 4-FA first and then the Methylone about 30 mins into it and I was rolling balls within minutes of taking the methylone. Amazing combo, this is the recreation of MDMA. I dont even need to waste time thinking about 6-apb anymore.

You took the equivalent of ~275mg MDMA, no wonder you were rolling balls. My god how some people can binge on stuff it still amazes me. You just proved that anything you say about serotonin releasers is useless for anyone who uses these substances recreationally.

I find them almost interchangeable but it really depends what you're after. MDMA feels cleaner, comedown is easier to handle and there is a better empathy and music appreciation to side-effects ratio, while 6-APB feels a bit rougher on the comedown and doesn't feel quite as serotonergic to me but seems to have more of a dopaminergic stimulating push, and also has the duration and visuals to make it unique and interesting.

I don't think I'd just go about replacing one with the other, they have their own uses to me. For a night in with friends or a lover, in combination with a short lasting drug, or at a shorter event of some kind I'd prefer MDMA pretty much every time, while for a long rave/festival or somewhere where I want the added stimulation or psychedelic effects I'd take 6-APB, or the 6-APB + 5-APB combination.

6-APB + LSD might actually work better than MDMA + LSD simply due to the fact that you aren't going to be coming down dead in the middle of your trip, or have to mess around with redoses. Just be aware the psychedelic effects of 6-APB might potentiate the LSD more than MDMA would, so don't dose too high.

I haven't indulged in a candyflip but given the remarkable amount of reports of a unique and magical synergy between MDMA and LSD I'd doubt that 6-apb has the ability to work better, but who knows. I think the serotonergic aspect of MDMA is an important part of what makes the synergy and not dopaminergic activity.

You took the equivalent of ~275mg MDMA, no wonder you were rolling balls.

No he didn't. No axe to grind for or against KingOfBeans but on this we are agreed. They are not equivalent. There may be some broad similarities inasmuch as they are both psychedelic and/or entactogenic, serotonergic stimulants but that's as far as it goes. They are not the same in effect at all, so in what sense can you say a dose of one is equivalent to a dose of the other? They're not.

No he didn't. No axe to grind for or against KingOfBeans but on this we are agreed. They are not equivalent. There may be some broad similarities inasmuch as they are both psychedelic and/or entactogenic, serotonergic stimulants but that's as far as it goes. They are not the same in effect at all, so in what sense can you say a dose of one is equivalent to a dose of the other? They're not.

I didn't say one dose of one is equivalent of one dose of the other, but king of beans WAY overdid it with 500mg of both combined. A normal dose of 4FA is 150mg and a normal dose of methylone is 160mg. When you combine both you obviously need less, say 120mg of 4FA and 130mg of methylone. He took TWICE as much, while it is known he's binging almost weekly on serotonin releasers. And 500mg of 4FA and methylone has similar dopamine and serotonin depletion as 270mg of MDMA.

What I'm trying to say is, it's better to take his advices with a huge grain of salt with the knowledge that he is consistently frying his serotonin receptors.

Well sure it can replace MDMA, but 6-apb or 5-apb is kinda like the younger sister of MDMA who doesn't like to get "touched", she'll hang with you but she won't give you everything the older sister can. LIKE....it doesn't produce that wonderland feeling you get on MDMA pills or molly and the infinite joy and energy that surges through you that can last for like 6 + hours on a good roll(s). Since trying out up to 150 mg 6-apb and combos with the 5 and the 6, It always left me missing the magic that MDMA can produce, sure I was physically rolling which is fun, back in my head, I kept feeling mann where's the freaking magic, wheres that feeling where "I'm friends with everyone and I'm completely in the moment". This I did not get at all with the 6 or the 5, the empathy was at most like 4-FA's. But for a "hard" night out 6 apb can replace MDMA especially when a little alcohol is involved. But chances are it won't top your best nights out rolling tits.

Shady, the dose response curve is very sensitive with this one. I have limited experience with it because of my after effects, but 125mg was a nice sweet spot for me. 150mg was like a freight train that I didn't see coming. Keep in mind your diet (acidity), poly drug effects, and set and setting will also play a role.

Ellen, if it was your first time trying an amphetamine you very likely will have lingering stimulation. It can be deceiving talking about drug time frames with a bunch of seasoned users because your durations will never match. 2C-B for example is a six hour ordeal for me from the minute it hits my blood until I'm fully sober. A drug naieve friend couldn't sleep for twelve hours and then took a benzo. It was her first illicit drug of any kind. So apples to oranges and all but your timeframe is certainly possible.

I think the "magic" is MDMAs activation of 5HT1A receptors. Try throwing in 5mg 4-ACO-DMT or 4-HO-MET with your roll and see how that goes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.