View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope never combined with cappi, which is just another source of the harmine/harmaline MAO inhibitor.

And yea, I guess you CAN learn from smoked/snorted if you are pretty smart & observant and try it at least a few times, that's true.

I've recently gotten to try 5-MeO-DMT and am still trying to master the technique. I've been trying to spin the oil burner like I do with DMT but the 5-MeO-DMT seems to run away from the flame and holding the pipe still with the flame sufficiently under seems to work best. Does anybody have any advice for the actual technique?

I think with 5-meo-dmt, it vapes at a pretty low point....try putting your amount of 5-meo-dmt on top of a pile of ash, and smoking it with a normal bic lighter. Just use a regular ol' plain ol' pipe of sorts. Smoking 5-meo-dmt is a lot easier than smoking n,n-dmt methinks. It's just a smaller amount, and it's easier to get to vaporize.

Heat the glass around the 5-MeO first. That way, when it starts to run, it'll vaporize quite easily.

Having both smoked and snorted 5-MeO-DMT, I don't think snorting is an effective way to reduce the chance of panic/anxiety. In fact, I think there is more potential for things to go awry on an insufflated trip. The come up happens more gradually, allowing you to feel yourself become increasingly overwhelmed, giving you more time to futilely resist the coming onslaught, freaking yourself out. The fast transition of a smoked trip lessons the potential for panic in my opinion, you don't have time to think yourself into a freak out. All you can do is hang on for the ride. Also, if things do go negatively on the come-up, an insufflated trip lasts a good deal longer than a smoked trip.

Snorting is best reserved for experienced 5-MeO-DMT users.

I agree. I nowadays almost always snort 5-MeO-DMT but it's one the psychedelics I've used most in my life (actually, if one hit equals one trip it's the drug I've used most in my life) so I am very used to it and its peculiarities. But still, snorting isn't really that gradual either. It hits you in a minute and you peak after maybe 5 minutes. The reason I would disrecommend snorting for beginners is also the longer duration (45-60 min compared to 10-15 min smoked). Don't make any mistake about it, snorting is extremely intense although obviously not like smoking. If the experience is terrifying or horrific, you'll be happy that it's over in 15 minutes rather than 60 minutes. Because time moves s-l-o-w-ly on it. A minute can feel like hours.

Personally I choose snorting because I get more out of the experience. There's more time to think and explore. Smoking is quite incapacitating and leaves me with very few insights, only an afterglow that probably is the most euphoric of all psychedelics. The afterglow is the only reason I'd smoke it nowadays.

Last edited:
Cyanoide, you can still achieve a "breakthrough" snorting it right? How much has it taken for you to get there? I've yet to get too much out of snorting but I guess I'm just not doing enough

Cyanoide, you can still achieve a "breakthrough" snorting it right? How much has it taken for you to get there? I've yet to get too much out of snorting but I guess I'm just not doing enough

Yes, you can, but I need a dose of 20+ mg to achieve that kind of state when snorted. The problem is the bodyload becomes a bit too much for me with such doses. So if I want to achieve a breakthrough, I rather smoke it. I find it almost impossible to achieve the same intensity as smoking when snorting though, and I'm extremely dose-sensitive when it comes to smoking. 12 mg is my preferred dose when smoking. 10 mg doesn't give a breakthtrough, 15 mg makes me incapacitated and unable to process anything. Snorting is a bit more forgiving, the difference of a few grams is not that radical.

I found that smoking this substance is the best method to achieve a "Break through", also too much smoked vs too much insufflated was less mentally debilitating than the latter. I had a really difficult experience when i tried breaking through via inusfflation at 40-50mg, I was sent straight to an all encompassing, boundless hell, truly sheer panic and terror at a rate never before imaginable, and since i snorted it i stayed there for an hour before re-entering my body. although coming out the other side ALIVE was the greatest realization and was filled with immense joy. For how shredded my mental process was i recuperated relatively fast. At this dose for me personally was irresponsible and kicked my ass rightfully s0, at this intensity i found its not beneficial and is difficult to integrate much back into mind.

I got myself some 5 meo dmt in Hcl form. I tried smoking it before finding out it wad Hcl and not freebase. Should I try to freebase it, or just snort it? I'd like to have the full experience.

You can smoke 5-meo tryptamines in hcl form.

What dose should I shoot for? I've tried 5-10mg and all I got was nausea with a decent buzz. I've seen varios reports on smoking the hcl, some say you can and some you can't. I still have like 200mg left so I guess I should just keep trying until I break through?

You could just have shit quality, I haven't dared to smoke more than 10mg of 5-meo-dmt hcl, or IM more than 5mg of it.

Its from a very good vendor, whom always have top notch stuff. I think I had the flame too close. Will try again later today.

Define too much. In my experience, if it's not your first trip, it should be alright.

cool so ill probably test it out with 10

and what about redosing? how long does tolerance last

Last edited:
Redosing nasally hasn't been that successful for me, but ymmv.

So I just poured a little water into a shot glass, then 50mg of the Hcl, and then some NaOH. Now, how much of water/NaOH should have I used? I stirred the contents a little bit and let it sit for like 30 minutes already. I can see something floating on top, so I guess its somewhat working?

How long should I wait before I try to scoop out the stuff on top and put it on a plate and let it dry off? Should this work, or am I missing a step?

I am following this from page 15 of this thread:

Gaian Planes said:
get shotglass put some dH20 in
dump some NaOH in
dump th 5-meo-dmt in
scoop the 5-meo-dmt off
let it dry
smoke

Edit: mmm, seems like I didn't put the stuff in that same order, plus I stirred. Did I fuck up or will it still work?

Try #2:

Order DOES matter. This time I put NaOH into the water and stirred very slowly. The water became hazy looking but it cleared up after a while. Then I put the 5-meo powder on top and blam, it turned into something else. I let it sit for a short while and then scooped it out with a spoon onto a plate, now I have to wait for it to evaporate.

Seems like it worked (it turned brownish). Will report once I try it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.