View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ How long do the effects/after-effects last on a sub-breakthrough dose like that?

The main effect was really intense for maybe 10 minutes or so, then tapered off over the next 15. I felt it in me for another hour, but it was diminishing the entire time. I got real industrious during the comedown... I cleaned up some dishes in the sink & whatnot, while all the time my mind was thinking about what just happened. It was like my body wanted to do something rather than just sit & think.

It felt wonderful and somehow natural... I can't quite remember my thoughts now, but they were not really scattered but rather concise, as if this was a place I'd been to long ago and would someday return. I've had a similar experience with Nitrous, but to a totally different degree. Kind of a deja vous feeling...

Yes yes yes! A major sense of Deja Vous was present for me to. Very deeply touching:

"I know this... I am coming home... I had forgotten but now I REMEMBER!... this is where I've always been... this is where I always come from and always return to... this is the center and source of it all... I am I and I am here for all eternity."

^ Love the unicursal hexagram avatar.

Tool/Danny Carey fan by chance?

Although I like some Tool songs, I’ve never really listened in depth and don’t have any of their work. I’m an old Deadhead & more into jambamds. But based on your remark, I checked out Danny Carey’s website. Very cool! This inspired me to download the Tool catalog for future listening. Anyways, I eventually found my way to a long segment about the mystery surrounding Berenger Sauniere, priest of Rennes-le-Chateau, back in 1917. Towards the end of the story, I came across some extremely interesting passages.

“This “Glitter of the Sleepers” or “Dream of the Dreamless” as it is also called is a mysterious substance manufactured and naturally released by the pineal gland upon one’s death that opens a holy gateway into a parallel dimension of reality.”

“To the genuine Christian alchemists this alternate dimensional state of being was the heavenly realm of the spirit.”

“As the Grand Priest authorized to administer the true Eucharistic sacrament, he was able to offer a particular form of necromancy that allowed one to glimpse that behind the veil, to experience ecstasy unlike any other, to enter into an otherworldly kaleidoscope populated by a phantasmagoria of angelic beings, a consortium of intelligences that must have seemed decidedly angelic. Would not such an overwhelming experience explain the Gnostic believe that our physical containers are merely a type of jail for the spirit?”

Man, if this doesn’t describe DMT, I don’t know what does!
Dream of the Dreamless...

^ check out the album Laterlaus, and specifically the title track "Lateralus". The vocals syllables follows the fibonacci sequence, heavily connected to the golden ratio, and the lyrics are about evolution and "spiralling out" bringing to mind the "golden spiral".

This person did a pretty good job outlining the songs connection to the fibonacci sequence and the golden ratio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY

Their album artowrk for Lateralus as well as their videos are all heavily influenced by Alex Grey or done in collaboration by Alex Grey himself. Definitely a modern day Pink Floyd for the psychedelic generation.

And if you're interested in heavily mathematical rock with poly-rythms and extremely odd time signatures then look no further!

^ Awesome! I'll totally check this out.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled discussion... <G>

I smoked 10 mg of 5-MeO-DMT once. There was no visuals, no psychedelic effects at all. My heart began POUNDING, fast and hard for about 5 minutes or so. I honestly thought I was going to die. That was the only effect. And it came from a very trusted source. THE trusted source for many many people for many many things until the FDA shut them down in the early 2000s.....
Anyone else have an experience like this with MeO? I wonder why I had this reaction? I guess that's a research chemical for ya...

I smoked 10 mg of 5-MeO-DMT once. There was no visuals, no psychedelic effects at all. My heart began POUNDING, fast and hard for about 5 minutes or so. I honestly thought I was going to die. That was the only effect. And it came from a very trusted source. THE trusted source for many many people for many many things until the FDA shut them down in the early 2000s.....
Anyone else have an experience like this with MeO? I wonder why I had this reaction? I guess that's a research chemical for ya...

Yes, my first 2-3 times went like that. I think it was because my (light bulb vaporizer) smoking technique wasn't very good/efficient. I didnt let the drug vaporize fully, i started inhaling as it melted which is too soon... Now i wait until smoke is swirling around in the vaporizer.

^^I smoked mine out of a pot pipe. I sprinkled 10 mgs on top of ashes and hit it hard. My experience was so bad I never tried it again. You said only your first few experiences were like mine. So what are your meo experiences like nowadays?

^ I had 1 experience that was accompanied by rapid heartbeat and a frantic, panicky feeling. I think this was basically a panic attack. I hadn't adequately prepared for the trip: I was in an anxious state of mind, I hadn't centered & grounded myself properly, and I was in kind of a hurry. The next time I smoked it, I took the time to properly set my mind and I had a much better experience!

so the hcl form of 5-me0-dmt does not produce any effects when smoked correct?

if so will cooking say 500mg in a spoon with some baking soda and water create a freebase like when you convert cocaine to crack?

Last edited:
^ 5-MeO-DMT HCL can be smoked. Haven't had any problems. It's a little harsher than freebase, but you're smoking such a small amont so it isn't a huge deal.

Based on a your experience would you say hcl provides a powerful ride at its recommended dosage? Im asking cause on erowid it says freebase form is the only method for smoking.
I did a bluelight search and it's leading me to dead ends.

Yea, I dont understand this mythology that only freebases can be smoked and anything else does not work.

Totally incorrect... I've smoked quite a few chems that were not HCLs and they seemed to work just fine.

HCL works perfectly fine, best out of "the machine" or a pizzo, decent if sandwiched between plant matter / inert carrier

Does 5 Meo DMT offer anything different at low doses.

Can it produce mind effects comparable to LSD?

Breakthroughs on it sound as if they have kind of limited psychedelic content. Powerful, yes, but kind of always the same.

I dont think it sounds limited, thats like saying that nn is limited. They arguably go as deep if not deeper then LSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.