View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get an erection at quite a high dose of the weaker batch i bought around 250 mg. In fact I don't think I tried hard a tall. My 'lady friend' however wasn't in the mood.

I've had no problem 'performing' on this substance... it seems to enhance the experience greatly as I find it very sensuous. My lady does not want to try it (inexperienced with tripping) but indulges me whenever I do.

I felt compelled to write a trip report after messing with this chemical. Hopefully a simple lesson has been learnt (at least by me) ........

"Slowly, slowly catchee m0nk333y"

I love this substance, I find it strange that all the reports vary so much.

All the people I've known to try a particular batch enjoyed it besides myself as well.

Like others have said in this thread, the purity of the substance that's being used come's into question.

Or maybe some people's bodies just aren't meant for 5-meo-dalt.

Who knows? but I'm interested in hearing about this one.

The way to go with this one is smoked(as I think I've said before). By itself it is nice but add it to a little maryjane and things get interesting :) If your mind is already "opened" by psychs this one can be done spur of the moment(like when your wife/gf goes out for a shopping trip) and you can be back and ready for them by the 2nd hour.

haha.. yeh the shortness is what im finding most appealing

Sampled ~5mg of this stuff, vaporized, as a tester dose. Held in for 10 seconds and very quickly I felt high, dizzy and heavy and had to sit down and even close my eyes. I felt fine mentally, not anxious (I know how to deal anxiety these days, otherwise I might have), but quite dizzy and even sedated for about 10 minutes. I felt good too - waves of nice feeling shivers - but I had to lie down for a few minutes and close my eyes and just enjoy it like that. Over another 10 minutes the dizzyness subsided and I was left feeling a little high. It's now an hour since dosing and I'm almost baseline.

Anyone else get this dizzy start. Does it get worse at higher doses? If so, I'm glad I started at only 5mg!

Last edited:
Can anyone summarize the differences in effects between smoking and oral?

It's probably been answered, but I've already read the entire thread and would appreciate if someone could summarize the differences, other than obvious difference that smoked would be a much quicker duration than oral.

Is smoking and oral equally as euphoric? Is oral more entactogenic, or do people generally feel it's not a very entactogenic drug?

It's probably been answered, but I've already read the entire thread and would appreciate if someone could summarize the differences, other than obvious difference that smoked would be a much quicker duration than oral.

Is smoking and oral equally as euphoric? Is oral more entactogenic, or do people generally feel it's not a very entactogenic drug?

For me, I prefer the effects from an oral dose much more. Smoking it just makes me feel a bit dizzy and 'off'. I get no sense of tripping from smoking, but I do from an oral dose.

Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker on all things 5-Meo-Dalt in discussions, finally decided to order some, and get myself an account here on Bl. My 5-meo dalt will be arriving in the morning. I have read so much about this from so many sources but as this is a fairly new RC i guess one more report wouldn't do any harm.

From what i've read, the volume of product consumed is very low, between 5-25mg to begin. Also i think as a personal choice i'll go with wrapping it up in a little rizla and bombing it 'cause too many people have had what i would consider undesirable effects from smoking or next to no effects from plugging. (but tbh i don't really think i'd go that far!)

I found very little information on snorting this but as i'm sure most of the readers here are aware that the product is varying in consistency. I am intrigued to find out both what mine looks like and smells like tomorrow and i'll be sure to post such things in my report. It does appeal to me, being one of the experimenters in this new age of new chemicals.
(A little sad i know...)

i guess i am no longer a lurker....​

Smoking feels more sedating in the long run. Oral consumption feels more anxious and jittery. I feel that it's enactogenic regardless of the method of consumption, but moreso for the oral route.

Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker on all things 5-Meo-Dalt in discussions, finally decided to order some, and get myself an account here on Bl. My 5-meo dalt will be arriving in the morning. I have read so much about this from so many sources but as this is a fairly new RC i guess one more report wouldn't do any harm.

From what i've read, the volume of product consumed is very low, between 5-25mg to begin. Also i think as a personal choice i'll go with wrapping it up in a little rizla and bombing it 'cause too many people have had what i would consider undesirable effects from smoking or next to no effects from plugging. (but tbh i don't really think i'd go that far!)

I found very little information on snorting this but as i'm sure most of the readers here are aware that the product is varying in consistency. I am intrigued to find out both what mine looks like and smells like tomorrow and i'll be sure to post such things in my report. It does appeal to me, being one of the experimenters in this new age of new chemicals.
(A little sad i know...)

i guess i am no longer a lurker....​

Nope! Welcome to PD and Bluelight! :) I'm glad to see a lurker register and start posting, especially one who takes the time to make attractive and coherent posts.

I just tried smoking it again during the day today...Smoking tastes so bad and wears off too quickly for me to care to try it more than rarely, whenever I've run out of the more fun stuff.
Smoking it requires me to keep an empty can as a spittoon too, which is kinda gross to have out on the coffee table lol. Luckily more fun stuff has since knocked at more door :p

<puts spittoon under the table>

Oral dose seems to work out every time for me, especially when I am at a concert and seeing all the beautiful people. Lots of smiles then, and a great duration for taking a train into the city, seeing a show, and then taking a train back out to the country :)

So, for those who have ventured to try above 100mgs... any comments?

I'm thinking of trying 3 or 4 capsules of 50 or 70mg spaced about an hour apart from each other.

It's sounding like oral dosages are the best way to go, more and more. It's odd because a couple of years back, maybe even a few years now, several posters including samadhi_smiles got ahold of some 5-MeO-DALT (undoubtedly a different synth than what's going around now), and they all seemed to say that oral was subtle to nothing even at pretty high dosages, but that smoked was a massive euphoric sensual rush.

I definitely would like to obtain at least enough of this to get one good, full oral dose in to try it. It sounds lovely. :)

Anyone who's tried both 5-MeO-DALT and 5-MeO-MiPT, could you compare and contrast the two? I love 5-MeO-MiPT, so clean and subtle yet so powerful, really great stuff. This sounds like it has some similar qualities, but I wonder how similar they are...

carbon unit, that sounds like a very high dose. What is the highest dose you've taken before? Or should work up slowly when working with new dosages of a chemical, especially one as unstudied as this one. If you've taken 100mg before, try maybe 120mg next time at most. A lot can happen in 20mg. Don't ever, under any circumstances, jump from 100mg to 150mg or 200mg without some intermediate steps. It's just a dangerous practice and could lead you to the hospital or worse.

i depends on which "batch" you have. It seems there are varying potencies of material...or if not, then the alternative is that the material reacts so incredibly variably from person to person as to make dosing advice completely useless...personally, I think it is the first scenario. My material doesn't really start to produce what I consider to be the sweet spot effects until around 100 mg for me give or take 10 mg either way. Lower and it seems sub threshold experience, higher and it starts to get into a weird body load.

There are people describing the same sweet spot of effects in the 25 mg dose range however. So, make sure to try a couple low dose experiences to figure out which material you have. It's unfortunate this is the case, so be safe as you can and take the extra day to try out the low dose test before shooting towards a high dose experience.

carbon unit, that sounds like a very high dose. What is the highest dose you've taken before? Or should work up slowly when working with new dosages of a chemical, especially one as unstudied as this one. If you've taken 100mg before, try maybe 120mg next time at most. A lot can happen in 20mg. Don't ever, under any circumstances, jump from 100mg to 150mg or 200mg without some intermediate steps. It's just a dangerous practice and could lead you to the hospital or worse.

Your mileage may vary, but this works for me:

I find that I am fairly sensitive a couple of the hallucinogenic effects, most notably the apparent slowing of time, cyclical thinking and a state of confusion which I like to term "the cocktail party" (reference comes from the movie "Sneakers") in which I hear people talking around me but cannot understand anything being said.

Since I have some difficulty dealing with these effects, I prefer to start at what is reported to be a museum dose and then augment the experience with nitrous oxide. I find that for me, nitrous tends to temporarily bump up the experience intensity without changing too much the flavor. Said another way, I can get a decent idea of what taking a larger does of the starting substance might be like. If the experience gets to be too strong, I can lay off the gas and back down on the intensity.

On another note, I'd like to hear any good advice on how I might better manage these difficult (for me) effects.

Smoking feels more sedating in the long run. Oral consumption feels more anxious and jittery. I feel that it's enactogenic regardless of the method of consumption, but moreso for the oral route.

What oral doses do you find to be anxious and jittery? Do lower oral doses cause anxiety and jitters?

My girlfriend has anxiety so I wouldn't want her to risk adding anything anxiety provoking on top of her generalized anxiety. We usually use psychedelics therapeutically to help her deal with her anxiety.

I'm thinking lower oral doses could be interesting for a mild experience. I'm not sure if this one is worth venturing into higher doses for full on psychedelia as there are so many other options available.

Do people find high oral doses that produce full on psychedelia are qualitatively as interesting as some of the other more traiditonal tryptamines such as 4-HO-MiPT? I understand the effects will be rather different.

Also does duration extend with higher doses? I could see higher doses useful for a fast-acting psychedelic, so long as higher doses don't add to the duration.

Hey guys. New hear first post so howdy! :)

Just got a gram of this through the post today. Looks to be the white freebase powder. I started off this morning with 0.02g with not much really happening with it there might have been a light body high but i don't know if this was just down to placebo effect.
After a few hours i thought i would give it another go. I loaded up another one about 0.015g to smoke. Again tried it this way didn't seem to get much off it.

I was looking to see if anyone knows any tolerance with this compound and also the next time im thinking of upping the amount a bit to around 0.04g or 0.05g. Will this be safe to give it a go today or to leave it awhile?

Thanks. Dave

I was looking to see if anyone knows any tolerance with this compound and also the next time im thinking of upping the amount a bit to around 0.04g or 0.05g. Will this be safe to give it a go today or to leave it awhile?
That sounds like too much of an increase for one step. I would try 20-40mg by oral route.

Status
Not open for further replies.