Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI

Yesterday I took about 75mg oral about 4 hours after eating quite a bit of pizza.. it took me 3 hrs to get off... on an empty stomach (not eating for maybe 6 or more hours before) it comes on within an hour for me, sometimes quicker.

What kind of doses give an intense +++ bordering ++++ experience with this compound? I'm looking at getting some, but I've heard such conflicting dosages with this - with Wiki suggesting 20-40mg oral, and some people here suggesting 100mg+ oral - that I'm really put off the idea of buying this until I find out some more about it.

I ran a search and couldnt find anything, so I'll ask here. Has anybody here thought about or tried a mdma + 5-meo-dalt combo?

I'm on the tail end of experimenting with a gram of 5-meo-dalt, and i'm considering this combo with my last dose, or last half-dose really(about 40-45mg oral). The two seem like they could be really complimentary...though perhaps not with a 'full' dose each. Or at least not necessarily the amount I'd do of either substance on its on.

But since this is the 5-meo-dalt dandy thread I guess I should briefly share my experiences with this chemical. After several runs I think I'm finding my 'sweet spot' dosage of 5-meo-dalt to be around 80-90mg oral. Perhaps a little more for an intense experience, but my one experience with 100-110mg initial dose was overpowering for a bit....so I started shooting for just a bit lower. Last experience with 90-95 oral though was incredibly pleasant. Of course theres always that part of me that thinks...."but maybe just a little bit more".

Also, my 110mg experience was also about an hr or two or so after an 80mg oral dose of jwh-073, and some smoked 073....so there may have been some synergy goin on that potentiated that experience. But it really was 'too much' for a bit, but extremely nice when i finally got 'settled' in so to speak about an hour and a half or two hours into it. And a 50mg booster as the effects started to wain a few hours later brought it back far better than i thought it would honestly.

I've also tried one run with 20-25 mg smoked dose. Very nice body rushes....comparable to peaking on mdma to me, for about 30-45 minutes or so. Felt just great....stretching etc. felt incredible. But altogether was back to baseline for the most part by +1hr.

Edit* For the record, the 100-110 dose was also my first experiment with this chemical. And I fully realize there was nothing scientific or even smart about starting that high....and mixing with other oral doses of rcs. It makes taking anything away from the experience, information wise, very difficult. But I recieved my package 2 days before a music festival, and what can i say? I got a little carried away prepping to see Sharam and Afrojack. ;) I do not recommend.

Last edited:
Just for the record....another 90-95mg oral dose. Lovely. Nice in that its not a 'dick in the dirt' type of buzz...but very nice. overall sense of well-being...good. Smiles....pleasant and social. Social interaction is both easy and enjoyable. Me likey. I think i've found my use for this chemical.

Good out and about buzz without being mind-fucked. Mood elevation maximus though....I feel tremendous and happy and giggly. Smiles all around.

I definately think i like this chemical now.

I plan to try this soon and was wondering about tips? I plan to start small in oral doses, 1-2 mg on the tongue for allergy test (I have a scale) then move to 20-30mg to see which strength I have. Got 1,000 #3 gel caps for pretty cheap from a vitamin store.

Tips I'm looking for are things to do to get the most out of the experience once I've dialed in a proper dose. I assume music is good. Anything else? What's your thing when on DALT?

I turn off all lights except for a black light that barely lights up anymore, smoke a little buds/or substitute and listen to good tunes. Close your eyes and imagine your brain is a computer and access its information.....kind of like the menu on I-pad only free :)

im on my second gram of this substance now and have been slowly workin my way up in doses. i have had a few really good times and i deffo think its worth working with. the last and highest i took was lots of fun. i eyeballed it so unsure of exact amount so i will try again with a correctly messured dose and get more idea. i dropped the powder into a shot of water (it doesnt mix just sits on top) and fired it down. i had just eaten so the effects were slower to start but i was up in an hour. less anxiety this time. maight be because of the slower come up cause of food. i felt noticably intoxicated. i was stimulated and was finding it a little hard to relax in a comfy position. i managed to settle and got into some good stand up comedy which was really enjoyable. i felt happy with deffinate mood elivation. the visuals were stronger than b4 with some nice colour enhancement and little morphing of patterens etc but still on the light side. the headspace seems very easy going on this drug. i didnt have any major revelations or ideas i just felt content. this followed on into the next day as a subtle plesent afterglow. i dosed at 8, up by 9 peaked for 2 hours ish and i was able to sleep at half 12 when a film i was watching finished. next day i felt fine. this time i got very hot at 1 point but there are a few outside factors that could of effected this. id had a bath and also took a small amount of naphyrone when i dosed to get things under way. all in all fun but no revalations. deffo a good sociable fun drug in my eyes even if doesnt have all the depth of harder pychs. the short duration is a great point imo

Smoke this in a bowl between layers of nug. 30-40mg range works well for me.

I've just come down from my first ever experience of 5-MeO-DALT and can only describe it as wonderful :)

I will be posting a full trip report when I can decypher my writing, but to summarise.

t0 25mg dissolved in water and washed down with orange juice.
t+15min first alerts
t+20min slight feelings of euphoria
t+25min coming up
t+30min coming up strongly now
t+35min this is getting trippy very quickly
t+40min it is getting hard to write, visual distortions. Keeping a record is interfering with the experience and causing me to become introspective rather than enjoying the feelings
t+45min tingling feelings all over. Clouds loooking great (don't they always!) music appreciation enhanced. Body rushes and a feeling of bliss.
t+60min Seems like this could be the peak.
t+1:25 still hard to write, all senses are enhanced
t+2 hr Pretty much back to earth

I am very impressed by this chem. It has a very quick come up, intense but at least you know it is going to work! Hits a peak around 45min to 1 hour then after a nice hour, slides slowly back to normality. No GI side effects or nausea, pupils normal, no elevated HR.

I have taken near on a gram white crystalin 5-meo-dalt in a day. I wouldn't suggest it as it wasn't easy going. Just saying if you do end up dosing quite high don't panic. As it's more likely panicking with your heart on the verge of beating through your chest will cause damage or death than dosing to high. Still, i stress that you start off low and don't be stupid like I was. 5-meo-dalt is preferable for me at it's lower less psychedelic and more empathogenic doses.

I posted a tr on 5-MeO-DALT recently. I just can't smoke this stuff again because of the taste. Mine was white fluffy crystals so I assume it's the base form.

I still have over a gram that I intend to research. I have guests over tonight or else I'd continue right now.

And I agree with the poster a few up that this seems to be the most variable chem I've read about thus far on BL. Doses from 25mg to 250mg. 8o

It might take a lot of doses for me to dial this in since basically I'm terrified of OD. I like to share my research with my partner and she doesn't like to just watch so I have strong reasons to take it slow.

So the pecking order of ROA seems to have shifted again. It used to be smoke > plug > oral > insuff and the understanding I'm getting from more recent postings in this thread is Oral > Smoke > Plug > insuff.

I left out IV since I didn't see much on it in this thread and I wont be considering that route personally.

Am I viewing this correctly?

Last edited:
Oral gives best results for me...

Honest, I'm pretty much a lightweight when it comes to any substance.. I am very sensitive to just about anything... yet, (at least from the batch I have) I need at least 75mg to 100mg to have a nice experience. Anything less and I just feel a little stimulated or the barest hint of tryptamine sensation and it's pretty much a letdown. Not sure if I would enjoy much over 100mg. Seems to be about right for me.

One thing I've noticed... a very rapid strobing on this substance,,, maybe 3-4 pulses per second. I sometimes detect it visually, my field of vision literally strobing for several seconds straight... but the last time I tried it I felt the pulses within my body/energy field. It wasn't my heart or pulse as I measured those and they were pretty normal... maybe this is what people detect when they talk about their heart ready to leap from their chest? I dunno. If I hadn't felt my heart and pulse, that is what I would have guessed was going on. Very odd, wonder what it really is?

I ran a search and couldnt find anything, so I'll ask here. Has anybody here thought about or tried a mdma + 5-meo-dalt combo?

Did you try this? I was thinking of a 25mg dose as the mdma peaks. My partner is a little nervous around psychedelics and the mdma could smooth out any come up nerves. Any thoughts?

Oral gives best results for me...

Honest, I'm pretty much a lightweight when it comes to any substance.. I am very sensitive to just about anything... yet, (at least from the batch I have) I need at least 75mg to 100mg to have a nice experience. Anything less and I just feel a little stimulated or the barest hint of tryptamine sensation and it's pretty much a letdown. Not sure if I would enjoy much over 100mg. Seems to be about right for me.

One thing I've noticed... a very rapid strobing on this substance,,, maybe 3-4 pulses per second. I sometimes detect it visually, my field of vision literally strobing for several seconds straight... but the last time I tried it I felt the pulses within my body/energy field. It wasn't my heart or pulse as I measured those and they were pretty normal... maybe this is what people detect when they talk about their heart ready to leap from their chest? I dunno. If I hadn't felt my heart and pulse, that is what I would have guessed was going on. Very odd, wonder what it really is?

my heart rate doesnt really seem to change much when on it but i have noticed some discomfort in my chest around the heart which was a little un nerving. i half attributed this to my lifestlye to date tho after 10 years of regular use of different things. dunno, be interesting to see what other ppl feel about the physical effects on the body.

How widely available is this? I thought I bought mdai the other day, but at 100/ 125 mg it was very psychedelic (swirling walls, deep textures, etc; comparable to mild - moderate shroom trip) and someone on here suggested it could be this substance instead. Noticable physical effect was loads of electricity in hands when it first came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.