• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

Sorry for the late reply, i haven't found the need to re-dose yet, as the effects last for a long time. I've had nights where i start to feel the effects at 8pm, and they last up until around 3pm, maybe even later, so for me that's just fine :p

I've done this substance a lot lately, and after that post from solipsis im gonna try and tone it down somewhat, since i've done it multiple times in two weeks. If anyone experiments with redosing and combining it with other substances i'd love to hear though :)

I've had this around 4 or 5 times now (100mg each time), and each successful time i'm seeing to have more control, and get what i think is a higher tolerance to it. I'll need at least another month or two to prove this though.

i redosed 4 times, each being roughly 50mg lines, throughout an entire day and also smoked weed throughout, which mixed amazingly, also a little mxe, which mixed nicely too, over about 14 hours

Okay, so i've been following this thread with considerable interest lately and finally took the plunge and purchased a gram along with a shit load of etizolam which i've become rather fond of but that's for another thread. Anyway, package arrived today, quite responsibly packaged compared with some other vendors i've encountered and i was pleased to note the description matched my order perfectly. I instantly dabbed a very small reactive test ammount (no adverse effects were noted) with no intention of conducting any further experimentation until the weekend when i have two days of solitude in which to indulge. Well, after a rather productive day a small window of opportunity presented itself so i weighed out 60mg which took intranasally. Not overly pleasant taste wise but far from the worst i've endured. This done, i decided to take a drive down to the coast for a long walk along the cliff path with my dog. I brought my baggy along just in case! Anyway, an hour into our walk and i was still relatively sure i was feeling no effect so i sat on a bench on a headland and eyeballed a similar ammount. Now, i was aware of thr reports of the slow come up and literally ten minutes after the second dose i fully started to feel something. At this point i promtly fell down a hole in a field and whilst explaining my plight to two amused passer-bys i realised i was starting to come up. It was a slow an gradual experience and extremely pleasent combined with the stunning scenery and the weather. At this point i considered the Sun's rather bizarre name 'he-man' and failed utterly to see any correlation to my current state. A more appropriate name i considered would be Alan Titchmarsh because i was really loving the scenery, smells, fauna, wild garlic....ect etc....you get the picture. We headed to the beach where i smoked a few cigarettes whilst throwing the ball for my hound just loving the solitude and beauty of our coastline.
We wandered back to the car where i though it prudent to have some etizolam as i knew i'd be joining my mother later and had a sneaky suspicion i'd be somewhat animated.
So we're home now, feeling extremely relaxed, contented and to be honest, extremely impressed with this brief flirt with 5-it. I'm now rather looking forward to the weekend so i can experience the effects at higher doses and rest assured i'll share my experiences with more factual detail and less 'waffling on about my evenings exploits'

Some of you are asking about the horniness aspects of this and i reckon at higher doses it would certain feel like it would have potential but frankly at lower doses in a field of cowpats with my dog it was a little hard to feel in the mood for loving.

In short though, of all the frankly dirty, dubious and dissapointing substances i've encountered lately, this one makes me glad i've just recieved a tasty tax rebate!

*EDIT - In regards to redosing, i'm usually a complete weakling at any self control and redose with serious vigour. With this though, i simply have no inclination to do so which is so positively refreshing and just another feather in this thus far very attractive compound.

**EDIT Sepher - Your first paragraph describes very closely the experience i had and i also drew parallels with an MDMA come up only gentler although im my case the circumstances of my stimulus, nature, solitude, beauty, it seemed to allow a peak that meshed perfectly with my metal state so i was left with a sense of harmonious union of effect and surroundings which i found utterly satisfying.

***EDIT I should further add that in terms of possible interactions i take 100mg sertraline daily and had taken 4x1mg etizolam at steady intervals throughout the day to eliviate anxiety related to a job interview. With superb results.

I'll be back on Saturday!

Last edited:
Come on guys. So many of you have tried it but not a single post about it in Trip Reports yet? ;)

Even a short report would be better than nothing. It's a shame there's nothing in the reports section for this at all as is.

Well, after a rather productive day a small window of opportunity presented itself so i weighed out 60mg which took intranasally. Not overly pleasant taste wise but far from the worst i've endured. This done, i decided to take a drive down to the coast for a long walk along the cliff path with my dog. I brought my baggy along just in case!

You dosed a compound you've never taken before and then drove your car on the road? :|

Survived Abortion - I appreciate your well warrented concern and I am aware of how irresponsible this would sound but i live very close to the sea in an extremely rural area and the roads are nothing more than singletrack lanes. I should obviously stress that i in no way would i encourage others to do the same but in regards to my personal circumstances the risks were extremely low in resultant danger to myself or others.

Jesus Green - I apologise for my long winded anicdotal account of a preliminary tester and as promised at the end i shall endeavour to provide a proper trip report on the weekend when i have the opportunity for more in depth and studied testing.

Okie dokie?

Deal ;) These accounts are of course very useful too, it's just a shame not seeing a single report in TR yet. I actually can't even find any trip reports through a wide Google search, though I seem to remember seeing a few well hidden on various legal high forums.

Since this is essentially an analogue of 5-APB, how does it compare to it? Which do you find more euphoric? More stimulating? Worst comedown? :)

5-IT is def more stimulating (not really much of a contest as 5APB isn't particularly stimulating); find 5APB to be more euphoric overall and would guess that it's more of a serotonin releaser than 5-IT.

Both v nice however.

Last edited:
I have a feeling 5-It might be good, because why would vendors send out free samples? Some people thought 6-apb was crap but I think it was brilliant. I was sent three 'pellets' containing 5-IT, I may give one a go when I go out this weekend.

5-IT is really good, easily my new favorite rc, its the perfect euphoric stimulant that lasts and lasts, not even morish either

I have to agree on the fact that there is very little to no comedown. I've gone through the gram i was intending to use this weekend so have had to order another. So far i can't detect any negative issues regarding moderate usage. Very little in the way of disturbed sleep, appetite is normal, no shifts in mood. It's just a very nice, easy going substance in my opinion although i have confined myself to relatively low doses.

5-IT is really good, easily my new favorite rc, its the perfect euphoric stimulant that lasts and lasts, not even morish either

More than 6-APB? I didn't get much in the way of euphoria or real stimulation from it on its own but then not tested it enough to work out what's a comparable dose given I tend to dose pretty high with 6-APB at around the 250mg mark.

Have 250mg more of it at the minute, but thinking a 6-APB / aMT combo is likely gonna win out this evening. :)

Are your guys powder also brown? I looked really wierd at it when I saw it :p

Yes it is, a pale brown colour and very fine particles almost dusty. Just had another dabble earlier and this time found myself up at the lake walking the dog and once more thouroughly enjoying it. New possible name 'Ramblers Choice'. Saying that, i love the 5-AT suggestion from earlier.

ah good to hear it's not just mine which is brown, used to white or whitey powders/crystals, so that's why I was a little shocked =D

Brown here too, almost like pale brick-dust in colour and pretty similar in texture too. Darker than the 6-APB usually described as light tan and not quite as super fine as 6-APB either, though still very fine powder that tends not to clump very much at all staying fine and free flowing in the bag, but having a coarse, gritty feel to it in places all the same. Too fine to insufflate, with even the gentlest, shortest possible inbreath being strong enough to carry powder right to the very back of my throat causing the gag / cough reflex trying to keep it out of my lungs.

This stuff works better insuffulated honestly, its not as bad as you think, just have 30-40mg lines every few hours, smoke plenty of weed while your on it too, adds to the high beautifully haha :)

I'm planning to take some 5-IT at a festival next week, as I've taken MDMA a few to many times during the last few weeks.

This stuff works better insuffulated honestly, its not as bad as you think, just have 30-40mg lines every few hours, smoke plenty of weed while your on it too, adds to the high beautifully haha :)

I was planning on taking a 100mg oral bomb, but I would like to try some insufflated. Do you have any tips on how to do this (inconspicuously) on a large outdoor festival without the wind blowing it away? And what are the main differences between administering nasally and orally?

Edit: Also, I read a few pages back about combining this with 5-MeO-MIPT. Has anyone tried combining 5-IT with anything else?

Last edited: