• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

First time taking this chemical. weighed lil 50mg see wut cracks, plenty weed, benxos> Yes Yes

Tried 100 mgs on Friday. Nice while you're up there but the Day After, I felt like I'd been hit by a nuke.

sucking fiece of chit, did 110mg. yes yes very nice focus. Pucking Fenazepam, wopke up next morning missing 390mg. IVE LOOKD EVERYWHER LOL

I know what it is, but I don't understand the logic behind the naming. "IT" is obviously no abbreviation for the chemical name - there is not even a "T" in there...

I think it may have gone like something along these lines:
Sandoz had people working on a series of compounds and AMT was invented, the racemic form was called IT-290 and the dextro isomer was called IT-403. I can't find documentation on that abbeviation, even went through US patents, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would just stand for the project-codes on all Indoles & Tryptamines. Since AMT is so simple, starting from tryptamine it could fit that number 290 of all synthed indoles and tryptamines by them was AMT.

Then Shulgin may have done something weird by taking that project-code and using the number 3 to designate where the substitution is on the indole. The same substitution is on the 5-position for 5-IT but the name doesn't make sense anymore since half of it designates something in the chemical formula and the other half is a residual name from Sandoz.

Again, this is just a theory.

Sandoz had people working on a series of compounds and AMT was invented, the racemic form was called IT-290 and the dextro isomer was called IT-403. I can't find documentation on that abbeviation, even went through US patents, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would just stand for the project-codes on all Indoles & Tryptamines. Since AMT is so simple, starting from tryptamine it could fit that number 290 of all synthed indoles and tryptamines by them was AMT.

Then Shulgin may have done something weird by taking that project-code and using the number 3 to designate where the substitution is on the indole. The same substitution is on the 5-position for 5-IT but the name doesn't make sense anymore since half of it designates something in the chemical formula and the other half is a residual name from Sandoz.

I'm once again looking for the "like" button. ;)

thank you a lot for the detailed answer! sounds very reasonable.

I have not tried AMT but suspect that 5-IT may not be as good. I was disappointed that my powder was brown and not white since this would mean that it is unlikely to be fully pure and it tasted a bit strange also.

What I noticed is that I have to take in excess of 100mg to get a standard dose of this chemical so at £40/g it is not cheap. People who say it works at 20mg must be completely drug naïve. Are the people who post here only children?

No.

People just may react differently and the products may in some cases be cut and not in others.
Also as is said before the comparison with AMT doesn't really seem relevant to me unless you can explain why they should be compared. 5-IT is a 5-APB analogue of the phenethylamine class while AMT is a tryptamine with amphetamine-like aspects.

Color of the powder can be an indication but in the end it doesn't prove anything. There can be a minute quantity of a deeply colored impurity and it can appear brownish. I can get MDMA crystal that looks brown but is tested over 80%, 84% being the maximum due to it being the HCl salt.
On the other hand, bright white products are not necessarily pure. They can be cut or laced to shit with compounds that are also white.

I was wondering since 5-IT can be considered to be chemically related to (although some people said it was not as good as) 5-APB can we expect to see an analog appear where instead of the NH or the oxygen atom there will be a sulphur? This would be quite an interesting "invention" although I would not be able to check if it exists in the literature already and to be honest it was only quite a simple idea. However, I would like to see this idea applied to such molecules as AMT also to produce pseudo-legal research chemicals (i.e. "designer drugs") that are available to purchase online. I would not be in a position to provide any know-how on how this would be accomplished synthetically in the lab, but just based on a basic appreciation of SARs I thought that it seemed like an interesting idea that should be brought to peoples attention. I believe that the heteroaromatic ring moiety that I am referring to is known as benzothiophene and has been employed in the creation of BTCP. Does anybody else have anything useful to add to this?

Last edited:
MPA is an example of a sulfur containing heteroaromatic analogue of meth.
Tiletamine is an example of a sulfur containing heteroaromatic analogue of ketamine and other dissociatives.

What effect substituting the sulfur has probably varies per example, it changes the way the ring is shaped and bent and thus the way it fits into receptors. It may be something we want in certain cases and something unwanted in other cases.

The sulfurous analogue of 5-APB/5-API would not be heteroaromatic since aromatic compounds have alternating single and double bonds, instead it would be heterocyclic.

I think as long as 5-APB is not made illegal its a bit pointless to substitute those oxygens for nitrogen, sulfur or other things. You say interesting 'as an invention', why yes I would add them to my collection but I am not even interested in taking 6-APB which is widely used so other similar compounds are even less likely. We don't really have any reason to believe they would be of interest, so I'm skeptical about this as 'progress'... but who knows, it may be magical so who am I to stand in the way.

MPA is an example of a sulfur containing heteroaromatic analogue of meth.
Tiletamine is an example of a sulfur containing heteroaromatic analogue of ketamine and other dissociatives.

What effect substituting the sulfur has probably varies per example, it changes the way the ring is shaped and bent and thus the way it fits into receptors. It may be something we want in certain cases and something unwanted in other cases.

The sulfurous analogue of 5-APB/5-API would not be heteroaromatic since aromatic compounds have alternating single and double bonds, instead it would be heterocyclic.

I think as long as 5-APB is not made illegal its a bit pointless to substitute those oxygens for nitrogen, sulfur or other things. You say interesting 'as an invention', why yes I would add them to my collection but I am not even interested in taking 6-APB which is widely used so other similar compounds are even less likely. We don't really have any reason to believe they would be of interest, so I'm skeptical about this as 'progress'... but who knows, it may be magical so who am I to stand in the way.
An aromatic (or aryl) compound contains a set of covalently bound atoms with specific characteristics:

A delocalized conjugated π system, most commonly an arrangement of alternating single and double bonds
Coplanar structure, with all the contributing atoms in the same plane
Contributing atoms arranged in one or more rings
A number of π delocalized electrons that is even, but not a multiple of 4. That is, 4n + 2 number of π electrons, where n=0, 1, 2, 3, and so on. This is known as Hückel's Rule.

because users feel like “Masters of the Universe”.
is almost identical to powerful tranquilliser methoxetamine.
can be smoked like crack or heroin.
Effects including euphoria, hallucinations, loss of balance and poor co-ordination.
lolwat?
The Sun paid £63 on a “research chemical” website for two 500mg sachets.
ahahahahah well overpriced idiots
mexxy — itself a substitute for deadly horse anaesthetic ketamine
So... ketamine is an anaesthetic, used for SO MANY YEARS, but now it's deadly? (for horses? lol)

who the fuck would use an anaesthetic that is deadly?

^ This was brought up over in EADD, it's retarded.

At least all the added attention might mean we finally get some trip reports, this thread makes the MXE B&D's look organized ;)

Last edited: