• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

PLEASE FORGET ABOUT THE RELATION BETWEEN aMT AND 5-IT
(and read here why: )

All this AMT analogy really bothers me, from the sounds of people's experiences it is not like it. There isn't pharmacological data to support it either. I thing I saw mention of it being a constitutional isomer (both having the formula C11H14N2) but that is a highly overrated phenomena.

A constitutional or structural isomer is like a compound built of lego being made from the same composition of lego blocks as another compound, exactly down to the identical amount. But that has no inherent meaning! You can take a number of atoms of organic elements and make either an explosive molecule or a hormone involved with love, or some kind of plastic - the possibilities are endless. It's not what a chemical is built up out of, it's HOW. The exact pattern is what matters. There may be some commonalities between AMT and 5-IT like them both being drugs acting on monoamines but they aren't even really in the same family of compounds.

I don't know who started this bullshit but it wouldn't surprise me if it was quite the cunning vendor.
(You know what 5-IT looks like to me? Like a questionable relative of MDA almost exactly the way 5-APB is related. I can only assume 5-IT is easier to make than 6-IT, otherwise I don't understand why they didn't make something more related to 6-APB which is much better known than 5-APB. Though of course they are still quite experimental.)

Thanks for clearing that up Solipsis, very interesting and useful. It's true this substance really doesn't feel anything like AMT at all, which is a plus in my book as I never liked AMT. Wanted to after so many singing its praises. At times its enjoyable, but for me too much bodyload and jittery feelings, and very introverted, even anxiety provoking.

Also, you mention its relationship to 5-APB. Do you think it would be unwise to combine the two? I mean I guess that's a bit of an unknown right there. I still have some 5-APB lying around and always felt it needed more of a stimulatory push, and 5-IT does provide that, but without the APB headspace. If it was a safe mix, it could be a good one.. At very low doses perhaps

5%? In europe it's pretty common. Maybe you can't get it but don't put everyone in the same pot.
It's relatively easy to get around here. I heard it's more scarce in the US though.
Lol you're right that was underestimate from me, guess I just don't people in person who can get good mdma. Which is good enough reason for me not to do it, I don't generally try hard to buy drugs from unknown people. I rather go for some RC if its been around for months and there are many reports.

Also, you mention its relationship to 5-APB. Do you think it would be unwise to combine the two? I mean I guess that's a bit of an unknown right there. I still have some 5-APB lying around and always felt it needed more of a stimulatory push, and 5-IT does provide that, but without the APB headspace. If it was a safe mix, it could be a good one.. At very low doses perhaps

I have no clue man, but expect to get some enhanced interaction of positives and negatives in an unknown fashion. Maybe some effects will cancel out in a good way, maybe in a bad way. Maybe some effects will synergize in a good way, maybe in a bad way. Always be prepared for 1+1=3 stacking of side-effects, starting low is always the right starting point if one must start at all.

If you feel 5-APB needs a bit of a stimulatory push, why not carefully and selectively utilize a known-to-you and trusted clean stimulant to provide this aspect? I understand you feel that they are in some way complementing but surely they are not the only match? I'd be more agreeable if 5-IT had more info to go on that would justify some trials with combinations.
Instead of a combination with 5-APB, I would carefully try other common drugs instead and see how well 5-IT plays together with others. For example MXE doesn't really show it can play nice in a varied promiscuous way. It's fickle as fuck ( =D =D ), so what I'm saying is: I'd personally avoid combining 5-IT and wait quite a while to see what other people report. Lots of reports put together give an indication of what variation of effects it produces in different people, indicating a 'spectral character', or a spectrum of characteristics. Shit idk it's pretty late ;). Anyway... then, if it's warranted, I would try putting it together first with another drug that is known not to be too fickle and see if the 5-IT starts acting like a jerk.
Another example is 2C-T-7 which I adore (my favorite 2C-X) but it also seems like it's the absolute number one to be likely to act like a fickle fucking asshole when doses and situations vary and combinations occur. And sometimes a killer even. Let that be a reminder to warn us. :)

Took 150mg gelcap last saturday with 9mg 5 meo mipt

Like i was on the smoothest crystal e ever.....danced like a full blown roll in my local pub to `beat it`

Ill never live it down but at the time i was in full flow

5-it is NOTHING whatsoever like apb or amt it has no psychadelic feelings of any kind just a warm chatty slightly horny stim effect but i really like it.

With the 5 meo it is IRRESISTABLE!

My pet Albino Axolotl says he loves his 5-IT but has never had Bruxism so strong off any other substance , He had a magnesium tablet as he heard that they may help, but to no avail =/

The Bruxism started roughly 2 hours after my pet dosed and hasn't stopped chewing his face since =<

This is only from a 100mg Bomb and he took the same dose 3 times in the last 2 weeks with no Bruxism or other problems at all

Lol! That must be one big Axolotl, 100 mg would kill an average size one nearly immediately I'd imagine!

Hey guys, first post here :) wont give you my life story but just some details i think are worth mentioning before i go into the meaty stuff.

I suffer from depression and anxiety, and for it i'm taking citalopram (20mg) every day. My only real drug experiance in the past was (i think) mdma, i honestly dont know how much i had. That experiance was the happiest i've ever felt, with a comedown that was hardly noticeable. Though i really felt it, my mates didnt that much, so i might be more sensitive to substances. This 5-IT sparked my ineterest, thought i'd give it a go.

Throughout the day i was mainly at home, but went to see friends at the pub for a few hours, i like to be in my comfort zone when trying something new.

weight: 13.2 st/84 kg
male

- Dropped two 50mg bombs in pretty quick succession (i heard 100mg was an average dose). After about 2 hours I started to feel light, warm and slightly euphoric, though in full control of myself.
- By the third hour i guess it peaked, i was really loving dubstep and couldnt help but dance in my room, since i felt really energetic, but at the same time i felt really relaxed. I THINK the peak of it lasted like 3 hours, but it seems to wear off very gradually so its hard to tell.
- Like i said, very gradually started to wear off then. Only by about the 9th hour i started to notice that i wasn't as crazy happy anymore. Still grinding my teeth a lot though >_>
- By 12 hours the feeling has totally subsided, but no real come down. Just have a sore tongue and aching jaw :p

To sum up, i was very pleasently surprised. A great euphoric feel for a long time, very energetic (think i was speaking quickly and was fidgety though), increased appreciation for music, and full control over yourself. No hallucinations, changes in shapes and colours or anything. I can see in the right company and right music that this would really enhance a night out, or be a great way to treat yourself on the weekend maybe.

Last edited:
I also just wanna throw in and make completely clear that 5-IT is absolutely nothing like MPA, 5/6APB, AMT or MDMA or anything else that it has been likened to, because it is not. Seriously no 2 drugs really feel the same, and this is no exception. Chemically maybe ETC but in terms of the effects and high it feels just as different as MXE does to Mephedrone for example. If you are contemplating trying this compound throw all expectations out of the window and forget you've ever tried anything in your life basically. I remember MDAI being slated MASSIVELY when it first started gaining notoriety and then all of a sudden people changed their minds about it, some loved it, some hated it but then once some bright spark decided to mix it with MPA we were really on to something. M&M is just about my favourite, it's good, cheap, reliable fun for me. Especially as the only things available in my area are heavily cut wraps of Mephedrone (Yum) MDMA crystals haven't been in the area for well over a year and cocaine... just don't even get me started. So yeah a lot of us are relying on decent RC's these days. And Frankly.. I hate associating with street dealers, ending up standing on street corners at 3am waiting for some dodgy chav.

I think if I were to wait a while as suggested and try this compound again I would undoubtedly like it, but currently we still have available things that get the job done, and done a lot lot better IMO. I just wish they'd put some time and effort into developing something that we really want. We all know Mephedrone is never coming back but surely they must be able to come up with a similar/better alternative by now? It seems they have pooled a fair amount of resources into 5-IT so I reckon it is just a matter of time before we start figuring out dosages/setting/mindset etc and once we figure it out it could be fantastic. Perhaps it, like MDAI, has a perfect counterpart out there that will make it a truly wonderful experience. I dunno... shear speculation here. There must be money to be made in it or they just wouldn't of bothered with it surely?

just to note for anyone trying this stuff, i would very much recommend you plug it

the onset is a much more smooth 'transition' and leaves me feeling more relaxed than when i bombs it

also, i can completely understand why people say this is like aMT + MPA, since it really does make you really chilled out, but stimulated at the same time -- its a very nice feeling :)

a drug that gives you a ton of energy, but really chilled at the same time. there is no edgyness on the stimulant properties at all.

and in my opinion, i think the long duration is a huge plus

I found 5-IT to be (for me - which doesn't seem to accord with everyone else's experiences) a mushier sort of methylone. it lacks the sharp, clear buzz that methylone gave me (before I stopped using it - well, obviously - duh!! LOL) but has the same edgy, irritability. It dries my eyes, makes me feel awkward and physically uncoordinated, and engenders exactly the same sort of four-hour, orgasmless wanks that methylone did :(

Not one for me, I don't think. Don't think I'll be trying it again.

Mxx

has no one tried snorting this yet?

I wouldn't like to try it, I had literally a small whiff of the bag and it nearly made me choke. Similar to when I accidentally disturbed a pile of 5-APB and inhaled some of the cloud of dust through my nose, most unpleasant. Had a bit of a coughing fit, and just not nice at all. Wouldn't advise snorting 5-IT!

Just had a look on Wiki and it says that it causes slight hyperthermia? That doesn't sound good. Do all stims cause that or something?

Just had a look on Wiki and it says that it causes slight hyperthermia? That doesn't sound good. Do all stims cause that or something?

Yes most stimulants cause hyperthermia, the degree of which depends on the drug, dose, and the individual taking it. Some aren't so bad, but others (Methylone comes to mind) can really make you feel like you're in a sauna when you're standing out in the cold.

this chem is going to skyrocket in price.. it really is quite an amazing substance :sus:

somehow i doubt that to be the case. demand will mean greater availability and lower prices.... but i have yet to be convinced to look into this chem at all, let alone worry about prices.

Been experiementing with 6-apb for months it has become my facvourite RC. After the latest batchim lookin for a replacement, im hearing about5-it. Gonna give it a go. I have been given the impression the results will clearly be successful if i like 6-apb and 5-it will make a gr8 substitute.

Watcha saying folks ? :)l

P.S IM not into tryptamineeeeee type chems. FYI.

Last edited:
5-IT is a phenethylamine not a tryptamine. People are confused by the fact it it has an indole group, and also because aMT = 3-IT, but to clarify:

3-IT (aMT) - which is a tryptamine:
150px-AMT.svg.png

5-IT - which is a phenethylamine:
220px-5-IT_structure.png

Then, 5-APB, another phenethylamine, which 5-IT is an analogue of:
220px-5-APB.svg.png

I think it's much easier to explain it using images of the structures since everyone can see it's more akin to 5-APB than aMT this way :)

I've heard a couple of new reports from people I've spoken to saying that this one isn't quite as interesting as 5-APB or 6-APB, but both people took 100mg, and I do not know the quality of the product they received, so dose or quality could be to blame.

However, I'd say it's better to be on the safe side and not expect anything special from this one, and maybe without expectations it'll pleasantly surprise you :D

I still see no trip reports over in the Trip Reports forum. To all the people in the thread who've wrote about it, please take the time who write up a report, even if it's not super long, and post it over there. Same goes for anyone who's tried it but not yet posted :) Thanks!

5-IT is a phenethylamine not a tryptamine. People are confused by the fact it it has an indole group, and also because aMT = 3-IT, but to clarify:

I sometimes feel like Shulgin purposefully convoluted his naming conventions just to confuse the hell out of everyone.

i've taken this twice now with a combination of 6-apb and mxe. it was super enjoyable, very trippy night. I tried railing some and it defintly does work.