• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

I attempted a vaporization with the freebase:

3mg, aluminum foil & a lighter. Slow, low heat was applied. It liquefied soon, closely following through with a noticable vapor once medium heat was applied. The vapor was held for 30 seconds. By +45 seconds, most full effects were felt. Light visions, a body high (very enjoyable), and a more than usually content mind follows. +15 minutes: Same physical and mental activity. Achieved a strong calmness when eyes closed. +30 minutes: 10-15 minutes were spent with eyes closed, having dissociated thoughts. +40 minutes: Dimishing effects occuring. Ate some food. +50-60 minutes: Most effects gone. Nap was taken.

Last edited:
Psoodonym, going through your posts I did notice you had 2C-C-NBOMe last week, which might explain possible (cross-) tolerance issues going by Erny's reply here:
Now, after having done so, you'll have to wait two weeks for the tolerance to dissapear. It is that strong and takes that long, and it gets much stronger if you redose too early, like in 1 or 2 days.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9054787&postcount=268

No idea why merrskis didn't report anything though. Other than that he was smoking hash at the time of his experiment, which could have negatively impacted the light and benign effects 4-HO-MPT seems to produce, I can't think of anything else besides rapid degradation and/or an impure batch.

I might try a dose soon to confirm it's (in) activity.

Psoodonym, going through your posts I did notice you had 2C-C-NBOMe last week, which might explain possible (cross-) tolerance issues going by Erny's reply here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9054787&postcount=268

No idea why merrskis didn't report anything though. Other than that he was smoking hash at the time of his experiment, which could have negatively impacted the light and benign effects 4-HO-MPT seems to produce, I can't think of anything else besides rapid degradation and/or an impure batch.
I think this is very plausible, actually. If this drug has very subtle effects, that you actually need to be "sensitive" to feel, I could easily imagine how a lot of hash could drown it´s effects.

There is also the possibilty that the vendor made a mistake, maybe he sent you the wrong chemical. Or maybe he turned into a selective scammer......

Thing is, we will never know what was really happened. it´s like the ongoing thread about non-LSD ergoloids in blotters. We can debate it till the end of the world, but we will never know for sure.

Edit:
Psood and merrskis, you should contact the vendor maybe? He should be interested in keeping costumers hapy.

Last edited:
Psood and merrskis, you should contact the vendor maybe? He should be interested in keeping costumers hapy.

Well, except you can only talk about "reactions" and "reagents" in test-tube terms. Any hints about human consumption and the vendor pretty much needs to dissociate himself from you, since to do otherwise puts him in direct violation of US analogue law.

Well, except you can only talk about "reactions" and "reagents" in test-tube terms. Any hints about human consumption and the vendor pretty much needs to dissociate himself from you, since to do otherwise puts him in direct violation of US analogue law.
Yes, of cause. But still.....You can just write him that results of your experiments were disappointing, and that you think that there is something wrong with the product received.
Ask him if he is sure no mistakes were made? if there was more than one batch?
For how long had the compound been stored? etc, etc.

The more I think about it, I believe the vendor is the key to this mystery.

If the vendor organized this whole thing that'd be hilarious.

What a crazy little experiment to run, albeit I wouldn't be saying this if my 4-ho-mpt was a dud.

^ maybe, Fagott, but Blowmonkey's observation about psood0nym's recent NBOMe use could have something to do with it. And if that resulted in diminished effectiveness, then the rapid redosing 3 times in the first hour seems to me like it could add to the tolerance rapidly. You don't have to feel anything for tolerance to be getting extended. Back when I once had aquired a huge gotss of very clean microdots of LSD I liked it so much that I tried doing it every or every other night, with rapidly diminishing effect. So I kept trying that with increasing doses, still pretty much feeling nothing. I didnt get effects again till I quit it completely for about 3 weeks. So even though it was not effective at causing perceptible effects, it was still bathing the neurons and causing the tolerance to continue.

And all the hash smoking by the other guy, and the fact that he started to say in his 1st 2 posts that he was feeling something, I dunno, just sounds like the hash lotted out the non-overpowering effects of this stuff. THC is extremely powerful, and it CAN definitely STRONGLY affect the character of many other trip substances, making them much more hazy and diffuse and non-distinct and possibly even hard to notice.

So I dont see alot of payback in puzzling for other explanations, yea it would be nice to know "for sure" but short of the vendor saying "oops I sent some people something inactive" I don't see that any definitive conclusions can be reached. Unless some can be given to a friend to cross-check reactions.

Regarding buying the chemical again: I wouldn't buy it from a vendor. I have some friends with similar experimental tastes as myself and if they experience activity with an order of their own I'd probably ask them just to send me 15 mg or so to check to see if I trip.

Regarding 25C-NBOMe tolerance: That's a good observation, only I was able to trip off of a normal dose of 4-ho-MiPT four days after using 25C, so the tolerance couldn't have been too severe. The super long tolerance with that one comes from repeated dosing or redosing up to a high cumulative dose. I once took 3 or 4 mg in a day just to see what would happen and I'm sure that tolerance lasted at least a week (though I didn't try tripping within a week to test it for sure). I've never had significant tolerance issues dosing 4-AcO-DMT or DPT two days in a row (50 mg of DPT will wipe me out both days, for instance) so I don't think 4-AcO-MiPT played a role. If we were talking about me not catching much off of 15 mg of 4-ho-MPT I'd seriously entertain the idea of tolerance from the 25C and 4-ho-MiPT playing a role, but it was 100 mg. Also, I don't usually dose twice in a week, so I haven't built up tolerance that way. It was just the last week of winter break...

In another forum it was suggested that we could have potentially been sent DPT by accident. It happens to be the case that the vendor had just recently received DPT and put it on sale at the time of my order. This is the explanation that makes the most sense. I had given up hope for the 4-ho-MPT and started drinking a little thinking I'd be going to bed soon when I used the IM dose. It's possible a 30 mg IM dose of DPT could have been masked by the alcohol. Even though 30 mg would normally be enough to feel over alcohol, my reactions to DPT on occasion vary dramatically, with 25 mg sometimes coming on strong and 50 mg sometimes feeling like 25 mg normally feels (therefore 30 mg could potentially feel like just 15 mg, a small enough dose to be masked by alcohol). My rectal doses and oral doses would of course have been ineffective since those ROAs require very high doses of DPT to be effective. This would also explain merrskis' reaction, as he used the bulk of his dose orally.

If this is the case, everyone needs to be EXTREMELY careful with using chems from this vendor. They're planning to get DOC and DOC-NBOMe, and if they're being lazy with what they send out, you could be in a world of pain or dead if you order DPT and inject 50 mg of DOC they send by accident!! Yikes. Test 2 mg (nasally, since NBOMes are not active orally) and wait a few hours or do a proper test on anything you order. This should be standard practice, but with them it may be even more critical than usual.

Last edited:
What did they say when you emailed them? (Assuming you did) From my understanding, you were even a paying customer! Cash back and an explanation at the least...

I did not email them yet. I can't prove it was DPT, but yeah, it's certainly worth a shot, especially if they aren't following this thread or the thread in the other forum. They should absolutely be made aware of this (very plausible) explanation so that they refine their methods of shipment preparation for greater safety.

Hah, I just checked my email for a reply to an inquiry I sent earlier today about the stock dates of DPT with the vendor. Apparently DPT wasn't in stock until 2 days after my order went out. Again this becomes a total mystery! None of their other current products has a dosage as high as DPT. I thought finally I had a proper understanding of this. But no, once again it's totally inexplicable and unsatisfying.

EDIT: After further communication the vendor has offered to send a free sample as a good faith measure.

Last edited:
I did not email them yet.

I just checked my email for a reply to an inquiry I sent earlier today about the stock dates of DPT with the vendor

So you brought it up, or reverse? I guess it's better news to hear that you probably did receive the right product, as opossed to the lingering thoughts of mislabeled chemicals... hopefully your new sample can lead to some more information.

any ideas on what the -ocin name for this stuff would be? (a la psilocin or miprocin if its not clear to ya)

So you brought it up, or reverse? I guess it's better news to hear that you probably did receive the right product, as opossed to the lingering thoughts of mislabeled chemicals... hopefully your new sample can lead to some more information.
I brought it up, but the email discussion was so quick it was practically like instant messaging.

^^ Mepocin? With r("Meprocin") it sounds too much like miprocin.
Also, we could swap methyl and propyl part and get Promecin. But it is against rules of naming of 4-substituded tryptamines.

I brought it up, but the email discussion was so quick it was practically like instant messaging.

I'm confused how you sent an inquiry about DPT stock dates earlier in the day, but then stated that you did not email them.

Last edited: