• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

psood0nym, your point of view does make sense, however why can't you have predisposed tolerance to 4-HO-MPT? I read so many times about people not getting any effects from 10 mg(or even more) of 2C-I, whereas 10 mg pushes me to clearly psychedelic state, and 2-3 mg is a threshold.

Yes, this is strange. 4-HO-DPT described as good psychedelic, but its (oral) dosages are rather high, albeit lower than psood0nym's 4-HO-MPT dose.
I could conceivably have predisposed tolerance, but I don't have predisposed tolerance to other 4-sub tryptamines so that's reason to think I don't. My argument is all about what there is more reason to believe. I don't think it makes sense to treat these reports as equivalent "votes" for activity or no activity at this point as Dwayne is insisting he has reason to do simply because there is two for and two against. That notion of equivalence is what I'm arguing against. I'm not arguing for what absolutely must be, but what there is most practical reason to think.

When investigating a new experimental treatment you assume no effect to guard against Type I error, or finding an effect when their is none. That's the worst type of mistake you can make because it leads to further experimentation in vain (in this case people spending money and time on something they hope is effective but isn't). I'm arguing for inactivity because the consequences of me doing so are less negative for others than the alternative. That's why in the legal system innocence is assumed and the burden of prove lies on the prosecution, so they don't find an innocent person guilty. 4-ho-MPT has been bought by enough people already to get sufficient numbers of reports in to reach a conclusion. My position protects people who are debating buying it now from wasting their money when the fact is if it is active it will be restocked and they'll have more opportunities to get it later. Findings of no effect are to be weighed more heavily than findings of effects from the very start for this reason. That's the first reason I don't think our reports should be treated as equivalent "votes" that cancel each other out just because there is two of each.

The second is because the two "experiments" that found no effects are using more of the "treatment" than the other two experiments (100 mg and 50 mg versus 10!). I mean, that's not a small difference. More treatment should be assumed to equal more effect. That's a solid sensible reason that we know is in effect in this instance (we in fact did take much higher doses), while Dwayne's ideas about profound instant tolerance are mere suppositions that we don't know happened and that there is actually reason to assume didn't (my never experiencing variance in effects with tryptamine rectal dosing). There's more reason to assume that what is known to be true has a real effect in this instance than to assume that some anomaly about rectal absorption not working and causing instant exponential tolerance is in effect, or the idea that I have a predisposed tolerance for 4-ho-MPT that has not been displayed for similar 4-sub compounds is having an influence. It's about sticking with what is known for sure about this case and what there are simple reasons for rather than treating suppositions that have no clear support in this instance as if they are equally meaningful counterpoints. I don't deny that alternative explanations are in the realm of possibility, just that there is as much reason to entertain them as the one's I've given in favor of suspecting non-activity.

As far as talking about why 4-ho-MPT shouldn't be active when other 4-sub tryptamines are, there are numerous instances of compounds that look good on paper that don't work out. As fractal fountain notes, Shulgin's report is ambiguous and totally within the possibility of being placebo effect (which is a powerful, physiologically measurable, well-established effect, whereas again, we don't know that tryptamines cause instant profound tolerance such that 10 times the reported effective dose should be rendered inert -- that's not established).

We will indeed find out what the truth is when more reports come in. My point is about what it makes sense to assume and treat as quality evidence in assessing the reports at hand right now.

Last edited:
Well said. What's the story on other MPT's? I enjoy 5-meo-mIpt, quite active and multifaceted. But I dont think Ive seen anything really about MPT based stuff... this one is the first Ive paid any attention to,

^ I've personally thought of most 5-MeO-T's as useless, other than 5-MeO-DMT... and even that one is only really good for ego loss. It seems like Moxy and Foxy have a tendency to have bad side effects/freakouts... 5-meo-met and 5-meo-det, the former isn't too much on the sparkle, the latter being potent to the point of great discomfort.

5-MeO-MPT will probably cause a bunch of GI issues and not that many psychedelic effects.

^ If that had been the case, one wonders why the vendor did not decide to stock 4-ho-mpt fumarate salt, instead of a highly unstable freebase?

Compound is certainly active at 15mg oral. Fully dilated pupils, mild stomach discomfort, moderate OEV and classic tryptamine body high.

Will report back later.

^ If that had been the case, one wonders why the vendor did not decide to stock 4-ho-mpt fumarate salt, instead of a highly unstable freebase?

They're fucking vendors. They're idiots practically by definition. I don't even know which one is selling it and I'm sure of that. It would take many reports of no activity for me to believe this compound is inactive; with both 4-oh-met and 4-oh-dpt being active and shulgin reporting it as active that is an extraordinary claim, and we lack any sort of extraordinary evidence.

pso0donym's batch contains no 4-oh-mpt.

^Fucking bizarre.

Why would the freebase self destruct for two people who got the same batch of the same chemical from the same source as everybody else, yet using 10 times and 5 times the dose reported active did nothing for them? I mean, think about it. Would you ever buy that somehow someone could fuck up using 10 times the "fully active" dose of 2C-E such that they could use it rectally, orally, and intramuscular (all at over 15 mg) over three or four hours and not trip? I mean, try it with 2C-E or 4-AcO-DMT and tell me you're certain the tolerance effects developed will be so strong it will result in nothing. I've used psychedelics literally hundreds of times in over 13 years, and only with fake LSD have I ever not tripped at a NORMAL dose, let alone 10 times a normal dose. This makes no sense to me at all.

Also, like merrskis I never had dilated pupils and fell asleep at the end of the night (about two hours after I orally dosed the last of my sample).

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This is my first post, though I do a bit of lurking on occasion.

I wanted to join this discussion in particular because I also recieved a sample of 4-HO-MPT from the same vendor and had the opportunity earlier today to try a 7mg oral dose.

The first alerts came within 45 minutes of the dose in the form of excited energy. I found myself easily distracted, I turned on the TV but found that I wasn't paying any attention to it.

The peak came gradually, so I won't venture a time frame, but it was extremely enjoyable and I found myself feeling peaceful and content to spend my time alone, quietly.

At some point, about two hours in, I had a conversation with my mom- I noticed I was able to articulate myself exceptionally well, which has always been a pleasant effect found with psilocin and 4-AcO-DMT. Overall, I found the conversation wonderful, I was in a state prone to laughter and understanding.

The come down was quite as gradual, 4 hours later residual energy is present but not much else.

The visuals were mild, and what you would expect- an all around brightening and softening of the world around me.

I will certainly try a higher dose next time, I just wanted to test the waters with what I (correctly) discerned would be mild and give a good impression of the substance.

I am without doubt that the effects I felt were real and caused by the chemical itself, and not a trick of my mind.

This stuff is very nice. Not overly visual at this dosage but a really nice euphoric body high. Seems to be mildly stimulating, very comfortable. Would liken it to 4-ho-dipt only less visual. 15mg of the freebase produced a solid +2. Would definetely consider stocking up if it were available as a fumerate or Hcl. salt.

Since evidence has turned against us, I guess I'll say sorry to CaptainAmerica and ClearCreme for my hubris.

Just please try to understand the certainty of my perspective by asking yourself this: What is more likely, that a person who responds normally to psychedelics can take 10 times the normal dose of a psychedelic and not feel a thing, or that another person can take 10 times less than the first person's dose expecting to trip and imagine that they are (as has been established hundreds of times across subjects with placebo effects using fake alcohol or dopaminergic drugs)? Would you not be incredulous? Does the first interpretation not seem profoundly more likely when considering people who have experience placebo effects have expressed exactly the same degree of certainty that they are inebriated, yet if they were to take 10 times a drunk dose of, say actual alcohol, it would result in unconscious and maybe death no matter what they believe they've taken? I mean shouldn't the open eye visuals that would no doubt be present at 10 times and active dose prevent us from even reading posts? Do you see the divide? It's a choice between believing one can convince one's self they're inebriated when they're not or believing one can totally ignore a degree of inebriation that should, by sheer physiological inevitability, result in incapacitation. Which do you believe is more likely?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that it's not the same chemical going to everyone, but I see no clear reason to think why that should be.

Last edited:
This is fascinating. Glad to see more positive reports coming in. Glad to know I wasn't a textbook example of the placebo effect.

psoo0donym and merskis, I would really like to get to the bottom on why your batches were inactive, this boggles my mind!

Being that its winter time, might the cold, (or possibly heat if you live in a warm climate) have done something to the freebase 4-ho-mpt?

Because it was a freebase, does that make it more susceptible to degradation?

I look forward to dosing more this weekend..

for all you who have sampled this chemical
I noticed my jaw hurt quite a bit (maybe form clenching?) as well as a mild headache that persisted throughout the day after I took my 10mg dose.

Has anyone else noticed these affects? Would you attribute it to 4-ho-mpt?

The freebase would degrade more easily, yes. I would think the cold would have slowed any degradation as optimal storage conditions for tryptamines are to keep them cold and away from light, water and oxygen.

I noticed my jaw hurt quite a bit (maybe form clenching?) as well as a mild headache that persisted throughout the day after I took my 10mg dose.

I'm still experiencing the effects but I have to say I haven't noticed any jaw clenching at all. Will get back to you later regarding the headache.

Maybe this chemical is 'unique' in the sense that it only works through the oral route of action? Maybe, maybe not... But so far most of the active posts have stated that they ate it to feel effects. I guess psood0nym's trials just show that it must be taken a certain way... That is not say psood0nym's trials were in vain! If he hadn't gone the unconventional means of plugging and IV/IM, we might not have found out that perhaps this chemical is not meant to be plugged or IM'd.

I noticed that I was prone to stretching and moving my muscles, but didn't experience clenching or muscle tension- so, no aches or pains :)

This is fascinating. Glad to see more positive reports coming in. Glad to know I wasn't a textbook example of the placebo effect.

psoo0donym and merskis, I would really like to get to the bottom on why your batches were inactive, this boggles my mind!

Being that its winter time, might the cold, (or possibly heat if you live in a warm climate) have done something to the freebase 4-ho-mpt?

Because it was a freebase, does that make it more susceptible to degradation?

I look forward to dosing more this weekend..

I find this crazy, I really would like to know what exactly happened. Why was I left out?!?! I wish had the effects that you guys reported.

Has anyone independently verified the identity of the material? That would be the very first question to ask. I have a bit of of the non-hydroxylated analog and may post a report of it someday.

Maybe this chemical is 'unique' in the sense that it only works through the oral route of action? Maybe, maybe not... But so far most of the active posts have stated that they ate it to feel effects. I guess psood0nym's trials just show that it must be taken a certain way... That is not say psood0nym's trials were in vain! If he hadn't gone the unconventional means of plugging and IV/IM, we might not have found out that perhaps this chemical is not meant to be plugged or IM'd.
Thanks for understanding my perspective guys. I thought it made some sense! I live in a very cold climate and used it the day I received it. It's difficult to imagine it degraded so quickly. It didn't get all wet or sticky or brown like the 4-AcO-MiPT I had once that degraded, rather it stayed crystalline white and didn't even clump.

Also, to answer fractal fountain I didn't use only unconventional ROAs. I used 15 + 10 + 15 mg doses rectally within the first hour, 30 mg intramuscularly, and 30 mg orally just to finish it off. If it's not active non-orally, then no tolerance should have developed and 30 mg orally should have certainly been strong enough to notice. Mirrskiis also did a 18 mg dose orally to start and only felt light effects which could be attributable to placebo, and then did another large oral dose later. I've redosed other 4-sub tryptamines in the past, and though they were not as potent as the original dose, I certainly have gotten strong boosts from taking just 50 percent more than the original dose well over an hour past the first dose (plenty of time for tolerance effects to develop). Here I took nearly TEN times the original dose, that's 20 friggin times what I normally take to get a boost from other psychedelics if I assume I need 50 percent of the original dose to get a boost like normal, without feeling any boost in effect. If my sample was active this is totally unprecedented in hundreds of trips with over a dozen different psychedelics in well over a decade of tripping. I can't make sense of it.

this has been a most fascinating thread.

i take it nobody has enough of either active/inactive sample left to confirm on other subjects with the same batch, or reagent testing?

^ It is really, really strange.
Also, I would suppose that the people, who found 4-HO-MPT active, had predisposed sensibility to its effects. Even with 2 more positive reports, why not?

Quote from TMA-2-NBOMe thread:
Erny said:
of a dosen people who participated in it's collective bioassay there was one who had found it to produce mild psychedelic effects at 3 mgs (intranasally). Others barely felt anything at all.

Anyhow, psood0nym, are you going to buy this chemical again to investigate if it is totally inactive for you?
Also, I really hope vendor won't start selling it cut with something(like 4-AcO-DMT for example).