• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

This material is far more euphoric than 4-aco-DMT. Very easy on the mind, I can't imagine many people will run into trouble with it.

The only things I would suggest nightwatch it to lower the does and keep it in the freebase and not convert it. psood tried it and maybe it changed the situation. Itd be good to see possible variables avoided.

And alergy tests are always suggested... even if you want to rub a little bit on some soft skin to see any irritation.

Last edited:
seems like the freebase doesn't even like to dissolve in alcohol. with my means i need to do volumetric measurement, so converting to a salt seems ideal.

i do understand the concerns about 25mg being too high of a dose for a first time. however, this chemical seems fairly benign so far, and 25mg isn't really *that* much higher than 15mg. though also i do know that individual response can vary widely even among different closely related chemicals in the same class...

however, i tend to be a hard head in some ways when it comes to psychedelics. even having done large doses quite often in my life, i can only recall probably less than 10 times that i have actually gotten pronounced visuals. this drug seems to be more of a sensory drug than a mental drug at low doses, so there is a strong possibility that 15mg would only put me at a +/-. this is a situation that i would very much like to avoid.

i'm fairly certain that using lemon juice or something similar to dissolve the freebase is probably my best bet with the means that i have, but if anyone else has any better ideas then please, do share! :)

Why do you need to do volumetric measurement? Sounds like you might not have a scale... I hope that's not the case. You'll loose accuracy just by assumming the initial weight.

None the less, I would be happier to hear about the non-converted results. Maybe they provided it in freebase for a reason.

i'm aware that the initial weight might not be accurate. i do not have a milligram scale. i have, however, weighed this vendor's products with a .01g scale in the past, and everything was accurate to at least a hundredth of a gram. i trust that the vendor gave me close enough to 50mg that the discrepancy in accuracy doesn't matter. it is a small risk, but one that i am comfortable with.

when the freebase hits your stomach acid it gets converted to a salt anyway. converting it before i consume it shouldn't make that much of a difference. i doubt that the reason they provide it as a freebase has anything to do with differences in activity.

anyway, i have decided to use 20mg for my first go-round. i have a strong feeling that 15mg or less will leave me underwhelmed.

before i dosed i typed up a long intro to a trip report, here's the only bit that i want to share:

"To prepare my solution I simply made a mixture of 5ml of lemon juice and 5ml of 40% vodka. The lemon juice is so that the freebase will convert to Meprocin citrate, and the vodka is to make sure the solution stays sterile during storage. I put this into a glass jar that holds slightly more than 10ml. I then dumped the contents of the baggie into the jar and shook it up until the powder appeared to have dissolved, leaving me with 5mg Meprocin:1ml solution."

i took 20mg.

my experiment only told me two things really... this stuff is *definitely* active, and i am still a hard head.

by that i mean, i still didn't get much in the way of sensory effects, but i did get slight body tremors like i get from psilocin or psilocetin. this stuff didn't affect me mentally like psilocin or psilocetin do, but i find that i need pretty high doses even of those two to get a pronounced mental effect. and neither one gives me much in the way of perceptual distortions.

edit--- forgot to mention that peak effects were over for me at about t+2.5h, but like i said i dosed on a pretty empty stomach.

Last edited:
Ok, i look forward to your report as i have a pre weighed out capsule with 20mgs right here. Its burning a hole in my pocket and i want to use try it so bad, but i have things i have to do tomorrow(later today really). But after i read your report i'll decide if 20 mg is going to do the trick. So i'm def looking forward to your report.

So how are our little guinea pigs? everybodies alive and in one piece, I hope? :)

I am really looking forward to some more reports coming in on this substance. Especialy from people with a lot of experience in psychedelics, so we can get some comparisons to other tryptamines.
about dosage it seems that people are getting very varied effects from similar doses, which makes it sound a little bit like DPT, in the way that 50 mg can blow one person apart, while others need 200 mg to just get over treshold.

I guess your prior experience with psychedelics also play a role here.

So how are our little guinea pigs? everybodies alive and in one piece, I hope? :)

I am really looking forward to some more reports coming in on this substance. Especialy from people with a lot of experience in psychedelics, so we can get some comparisons to other tryptamines.
about dosage it seems that people are getting very varied effects from similar doses, which makes it sound a little bit like DPT, in the way that 50 mg can blow one person apart, while others need 200 mg to just get over treshold.

I guess your prior experience with psychedelics also play a role here.

I'm going to write a report with my experience in about 24 hours! I haven't seen anyone write anything about taking more then 15mgs, do you have links for other trip reports that a normal google search won't yield fagott??

I'm very experienced with psychedelics and i'm not so much worried about 20mgs being too much, i just hope it's enough! I want to really experience it!

Yea forbidden, i'm not worried about still tripping for the stuff i have to do, i just wanna play it safe and do it tomorrow incase my body doesn't agree with the substance. I'll also be around family that i don't see too often, so i would like to have my wits and not appear to fried.

Ok, i look forward to your report as i have a pre weighed out capsule with 20mgs right here. Its burning a hole in my pocket and i want to use try it so bad, but i have things i have to do tomorrow(later today really). But after i read your report i'll decide if 20 mg is going to do the trick. So i'm def looking forward to your report.

what i wrote is pretty much all i have to report honestly. like i said, i am a bit of a hard head. 20mg should be an active level for most people though. i definitely felt the peripheral side-effects at a level that suggests this is a pretty active chemical (side-effects like leg tremors and chills), i just didn't get much in the way of sensory or cognitive effects (again, probably because i am a bit of a hard head).

i will note that i felt first effects in about 10 or 15 minutes though! my last full meal was about 18 hours before dosing, and i had one donut about 3 or 4 hours before dosing, your gel cap will make the comeup take a bit longer though... not that that's a bad thing--i will admit that i was pretty scared over the quick comeup "shit, i'm feeling this so fast, maybe i took too much." but then an hour and a half later i once again realized that i am in fact a hard head...

do you have links for other trip reports that a normal google search won't yield fagott??

No, sorry. I don´t know of any other trip reports.
I was just talking about the vide variety of effects we have found in this thread already.

Like clear creme and thenightwatch seems like their experiences were on 2 wholy different levels. And the thenightwatch even took the double amount of clear creme.

Maybe it would help if people indicated what level on the shulgin scale was reached from the dose they took?

Anyway, I probably have to buy a sample of this myself soon :)
to see what the fuss is about.

Ok, I took 20mg oral dose in a gelcap last night and must say I was impressed! I am pretty experienced with psychedelics and must say over the other tryptamines i've done this was the fastest come up to peak to come down I've experienced. As far as other 4 substituted trpys. i've done 4-ho-met, 4-ho/aco-dipt, 4-ho-mipt, 4-aco-dmt. I would say I saw some hint comparisons to mipt/dipt but it was truly its own and unique experience. I found it quite euphoric with some good visuals (I did add a couple cartridges of nitrous I found around at the peak which melted my surroundings!Hehe!) but overall was surprised with the intensity I reached at 20mg. It was in no way overwhelming but I went farther faster than I expected and came back quicker than expected. Overall a very enjoyable experience. I would put it at a 2 and a half plus to three plus on the shulgin scale which is good because I am working with a slight tolerance from a little binge a week or so back. So yes I would say if you like and are interested in tryps. this is a good one forsure :)%)

Taking 1mg as an allergy test on Tuesday, then 25mg on Thursday of next week.

^ I can't wait to crack open some whippets, I have also not taken any psychs in almost three weeks which is a long ass time for me... it should be clearly active or not!

Yea I was surprised at its potency aswell! 20mg was bout plenty for me maybe would go 25 tops considering how quick it comes on and its got intensity. I did find it quite comfortably dissociating too in the comedown!

Tried 12mg before a Reverend Horton Heat show friday and though that was not the idea environment for evaluating the effects of a new compound, I still got a decent feel for the effects. Due to alcohol and cannabis throughout the evening, I can't give an exact duration, but the effects were noticeably declining by the 4 hour mark. Despite being aware of the rapid come up, I was still caught a bit off guard by it. First effects felt within 15 minutes and full effects within about 40 minutes. More stimulating than 4-ho-dpt or psilocybin. More visuals than any other 4-subbed tryptamine I have tried at this dose, except maybe 4-ho-mipt. Visuals consisted mostly of trails and a sort of pixelation. Not a ton of mental effects besides some euphoria, but that could be due to the environment I tried it in. Too bad I most likely won't get another trial in until spring break.

Also, I had taken no psychedelics in months so tolerance was not an issue.

Last edited:
I really like 4-ho-mipt. A Beautiful Substance!:)

I definitely found 4-ho-mpt more dissociating of the mind and body though and would expect it more in line of an out of body experience over the iso. if it were taken up a little maybe or after a few weeks sober, but thats just me.

DPT is REAL! My experiences have likened it more to DMT but less visual, great for the soul%)