• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT Thread

Seems like an awesome substance, hope it gets more attention.

Awesome! Thank you for the contribution! I suppose it was the end result?.. What was the color at the very beginning of the test?

Hi, it was at the very end. It took approximately 4 mins to get to this dark olive/brown. Similar reaction to DPT and other 4 subs. It was more olive at the beginning, I'll do another small test as I was more focussed on the end result. To be honest I am not too experienced with reagents but picking it up quickly. Regarding the other sustance I will tag you when I post the test in that thread, feeling confident it's the real deal as my 6-apb reaction I posted in the latest big and dandy was very promising and very purple ;)

Seems like an awesome substance, hope it gets more attention.
Yeah I am fighting with myself over getting another g. Not really sure of the shelf life but treating it like other 4 subs in my collection. Small amber bottles packed full and corked, then sealed in larger amber glass jars with Silica packets replaced every year. Rightly or wrongly I only store at room temp. It is tempting as the the supplier has 4-aco-det. If I could find 4-aco-dpt I would stock up, also interested in the differences between the two.

But why is the potency so low or did I misread something : One needs 50mg for a ++ ? Then it is not more potent than DPT insufflated.

But why is the potency so low or did I misread something : One needs 50mg for a ++ ? Then it is not more potent than DPT insufflated.

No idea why the potency is so low. I tried 40mg insluffated again last night and had a very mild visual experience but a nice headspace.

I think I will be trying a much larger oral dose as insluffated is not that pleasant. I can put up with it but there must be a better way.

glad I got two g's so I can experiment with oral dosing.

Last edited:
Some people seem to report insufflation being bad with this but for me I found it just about the easiest psychedelic I've ever insufflated... no pain whatsoever, not too bad a drip either, the worst part is that it's not really water-soluble at all so it lingers in there as a dust for a good while, but it didn't really bother me.

Some people seem to report insufflation being bad with this but for me I found it just about the easiest psychedelic I've ever insufflated... no pain whatsoever, not too bad a drip either, the worst part is that it's not really water-soluble at all so it lingers in there as a dust for a good while, but it didn't really bother me.

I tried crushing it more this time but still had a sore throats in the first half hour. Once it kicked in I was fine, still interested to try it oral and compare differences. I'll report back when I do.

Yeah, insufflation doesn't bother me much. Then again, due to my sensitivity I never feel the need to go beyond around 20 mg -- maybe if I had to snort upwards of 40 mg, I would find it more of a nuisance.

I had a breakthrough experience on this one last night, I have written a tripreport but I feel like I should still let it rest for a while..... I combined with deschloroketamine to go beyond my mind and body. It was so immersive and beautiful, I hope to experience this again sometime :) Very grateful for this experience....

I had a breakthrough experience on this one last night, I have written a tripreport but I feel like I should still let it rest for a while..... I combined with deschloroketamine to go beyond my mind and body. It was so immersive and beautiful, I hope to experience this again sometime :) Very grateful for this experience....

Looking forward to dosage info etc. I need to push this one, it has the potential.

I had some doses of deschloroketamine during the day, from noon untill 9 PM, all around 40-70 mg. As I was dissociated I decided to visit the realm of waking dreams properly with a tryptamine. I took about 42mg of 4-HO-DPT and wasn't expecting this kind of full-on trip, but I'm very lucky it happened. One of the most intense and visual experience I have ever had.

Link to the report:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...y-Becoming-the-matrix?p=14060108#post14060108

I decided to give vaporized 4-HO-DPT another shot. I had previously used sodium carbonate to convert some to freebase and ended up with a gray-green glob of it that turned hard when it dried. Vaporizing that out of an oil burner worked, but had a horrible chemical taste and left a lot of residue behind. I suspected that there was a lot of unreacted 4-HO-DPT fumarate in it, so I chopped it up and used heptane to recrystallize it. The yield was pretty small, but I ended up with some some nice sparkly crystalline 4-HO-DPT freebase. It's a gritty powder, not oily or waxy like freebase DPT and DMT.

I put about 8mg into an oil burner to test it. It melted and vaporized easily and didn't have a noticeable taste. I smoked no more than half of what I put in the pipe, but experienced some surprisingly strong effects. Within seconds, my vision started warping and colors started shifting. The effects do seem different vaporized compared to snorted or oral. The body load was a bit too much. I felt really shaky and had some nausea. 4-HO-DPT already gives me uncomfortable body load normally, but the sudden onset made it worse. It wasn't too bad though because the effects were so short-lived.

Last edited:
I know it's not 4-HO-DPT, but I've had "flying in the sky" trips with 40 mgs of 4-AcO-DPT. Hey cj187, I'm guessing you had 4-HO-DPT.HCl? Or is it possible to convert the freebase from the fumarate?

afaik, any alkaloid salt can be converted into its freebase form simply by bringing up the ph to a high enough level; cj does mention in the post that it is the fumerate salt being worked with.

interesting that the 4-ho member of the dpt family produces such a strong bodyload; 4-aco-' has a bodyload, but it is manageable. perhaps it is the slower comeup from the (alleged) acetoxy metabolism.

I read your trip report. I think the acetyl group must make a difference. I smoked about 4mg, maybe even less, and it was a fairly strong dose. I can't even imagine smoking 40mg of 4-HO-DPT. Even 10 would probably be incapacitating. You said you were almost completely back to baseline 2-3 hours after smoking the 4-AcO, but I feel mostly back to normal within an hour of smoking the 4-HO.

interesting that the 4-ho member of the dpt family produces such a strong bodyload; 4-aco-' has a bodyload, but it is manageable. perhaps it is the slower comeup from the (alleged) acetoxy metabolism.

FWIW, I have only tried 4-HO-DPT but I didn't find it to have a bodyload at all, it was very comfortable for me.

I recently tried this at 100mg orally after a 25mg test the week before. During the 25mg test I remember feeling some subtle psychedelic effects come and go that made me comfortable taking a higher dose.

I made up 2x 50mg gel caps and planned to take them a couple hours after eating dinner.

T+30 minutes
I had vaped some marijuana after dosing but at this point started to notice increased awareness and sensitivity.

T+1 hour
Somewhere around an hour in I thought I had done it to myself this time. I remember thinking I probably should have started with just one of the capsules. I felt some tension in my body and found it hard to get comfortable lying down. I felt like I was sinking into a hole. I also felt like my heart was racing and my hands seemed to be pretty shaky.

The mental aspect of this was difficult at first. I felt like something had come to take me away and I was hearing a somewhat sinister voice in my head. It's very possible this was a fear (or several) coming to the surface. Several different doomsday scenarios played in my head while I tried to cope with the intense visuals and a bit of anxiety. I felt like I had maybe taken too much, so I started to think about how I could explain what was happening to me to somebody else as if they were looking over me like a doctor. I had visions of going to the hospital for heart problems.

This part of the trip was also super visual. I remember saying that I was seeing rainbows coming out of everything. It had a very wavy and colorful visual distortion and sometimes felt like I was going through tunnels. I was surprised by the amount of visuals from this as I've built up quite a tolerance to psychedelics over the past few months and hadn't been getting many visuals recently from other substances.

Everything around me seemed to be alive in some way, beyond just breathing in and out from visual distortion, and seemed like there was a personality to inanimate objects (walls, pillows, tables, etc.).

It had a very powerful reflective head trip early on. I felt like I was turned inside out and shown things about myself that I tend to ignore but other people probably pick up on. So in that sense it made me more aware of myself. I remember thinking that this was like jumping to the end of a trip early on while being blasted with visuals.

T+2 hours
After I realized I wasn't actually going to die tonight, I started to relax and enjoy the trip. I vaped some more marijuana at this point and that helped calm me down a bit. The visuals were less colorful at this point but everything was still pretty wavy.

The mental trip started to wear down after this as well but still made me question my sanity for another hour or so.

T+5 hours
I had come down pretty quick maybe an hour before this but still had some subtle visual distortion and felt a bit out of sorts mentally. I was starting to be able to concetrate on and follow along with what I was watching on TV.

Overall, this was one of the weirdest, most intense trips I've had. It seemed to pack a lot into the first couple of hours and then taper off pretty quickly after that. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without a good deal of psychedelic experience under their belt.

I need to try this at 50mg now, which I should have started with this time. I was a bit scared for awhile at the 100mg dose. I should have stopped to check my pulse and blood pressure but didn't want to start freaking out my wife who was in the same room as me. She knew I was tripping but not how mentally uncomfortable I was becoming. I could normally handle higher doses of everything else pretty well, so I'm not sure what happened here. Maybe I'm just really sensitive to this stuff. Either that or it gave me more physical discomfort than anything else, which made me paranoid.

Last edited:
So basically this stuff does not work via rectal administration is my 2 cents... felt a strong come up from nasal allergy test bump then not much from 100mgx2 rectal doses...
Sucks to waste such valuable material but it's good to know this ROA is ineffective.

A 2nd trial with this stuff via rectal administration worked perfectly!! The first failed attempt was I think because I didn't get the material to really dissolve into the saline solution very well but with the 2nd trial I used 1ml of vodka (200mg 4-ho-dpt) and it went into solution immediately.
The vodka produced a very slight burning sensation in the ol rectum but it was minor and went away in a few seconds.
This time it was very intense visually and I could not see my hands in front of my face.
The headspace was pretty clear but not nearly as clear as with 4-AcO-DPT which i think has some definite difference from 4-ho-dpt in terms of visuals and headspace though they obviously share alot of the same qualities.
4-ho-dpt and 4-AcO-DPT are at the top of my list of favourite psychedelics by far with the AcO version seemingly superior for oral administraion ( i found 200mg rectal 4-ho-dpt to be almost equipotent to 200mg 4-AcO-DPT orally ) I found 4-ho-dpt to indeed be orally active but it requires more material than 4-AcO-DPT.
This is life changing stuff right here.

Revisited this last night 130mg insluffated over two hours in combo with 125mg 2F-DCK with THC added in the form of dabs at the tail end to keep the visual spectacular going. Had the most powerful and intense experience of my life. It will take a bit of processing but I will write a very detailed report, this one is very special. I have never had visuals like it and even entities and a presence. I had very little anxiety throughout but at one point I was worried that my psyche was on the edge and gained a scary understanding of what true mania could be like. But after that it levelled out into one of the most beautiful visual spectacles.

in the interests of harm reduction I have built up to this gradually and I have plenty of experience with all of the currently available 4-HO range, LSD, DMT, mushrooms to very high doses. The 2F-DCK took a back seat but allowed me let go enough to enjoy this flavour of hyperspace.

in short this is an absolute gem of a compound at the right doses, I was surprised that gradually insluffating over a 2 hour period had such a potent effect. Not the most pleasant drip but not the worst, and after some 2F-DCK I had forgotten about it.

this trip was very personal due to a huge loss of loved ones this year so once I have processed enough to write a meaningful report. Stunned right now and it was the perfect spooky way to finish Halloween.

I wrote a note to myself on my phone that seems very important - “Take the time, do not have time taken!” I have been thinking a lot about modern society forcing most of us to rush around and before we know it we loose important people to us, I think this message is to remind me that we all have the same time and it’s important to take it now and live in the present.

this was the perfect way to end my first microdosing trial which has seen me quit nicotine and alcohol, and helped me realise that I don’t need to quit everything just change my relationship to drugs in general and ensure I always have intent.

much love!

**just wanted to add that I may have a fair bit of tolerance due to 1P-LSD micro dosing and a few tryptamine experiences recently**

Last edited: