• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT Thread

I tried this for the first time today. I snorted around 25 mg. After just a few minutes I felt a little shaky and the music I was listening to started to have much more depth to it. I reached the peak of the trip within an hour. The body load was uncomfortable at first but didn't last throughout the trip. The most notable effects were music enhancement and a clear but somewhat dissociated headspace. The was also a lot of tactile enhancement. I didn't get any major visuals but colors and textures looked very beautiful.

I got a good feel for the effects from this dose but it was a little underwhelming. I'm usually pretty sensitive to psychedelics but 25mg seems to be a fairly light dose, equivalent to maybe 10-12 mg of other 4-subs taken orally. This 4-ho-dpt is from Canada and is said to be >97% pure.

4-ho-dpt is very different from dpt. The headspace was similar in that it is pretty dissociative, but in many ways it is completely different. 4-ho-dpt seems pretty easygoing without any of the darkness of dpt. If I had to compare 4-ho-dpt to something else I would say it is most similar to 4-ho-mipt, but more clear headed and a little less shaky body load.

I pretty much agree with your assessment, except that I found the bodyload to be quite comfortable at all times. It's an interesting one, I've done it at 25mg and 32mg, and I want to try 50mg next time. It seems quite dissimilar from the other 4-sub-tryptamines.

I've taken it up to around 200 mg nasally. ( though that was in 50mg bumps spaced out during the night and not all at once so tolorance might have played a factor at that point. )
But I found 4-ho-dpt to be really non-ego threatening unlike DPT where 100mg nasally had my ego whimpering in the corner for about 20 mins.
At higher dosages the way it affects perception of sound is just ridiculously awesome and the visuals are similar to DPT but have a very structured and 3D (think holograms floating in front of you) type of "realness" unlike every other 4subbed tryptamine I've tried.
This is by far my favourite RC out of everything I've ever tried and it honestly rivals the Lysergermides IMHO.
The only downside is it seemingly requires a higher dosage than most of the other 4 subbed Tryptamines.
I'll be acquiring more of this next month and will be running extensive tests!!!

I noticed the sound thing too at 32mg. I was listening to some old-school synthesizer music from the early 70s, and the directional properties of the sound were the most intense I have ever been able to hear them. It seemed like the music was building a complex 3-dimensional structure in the room around me. It was a very unique sound experience, I still think 2C-E is the best sound enhancing psychedelic I've tried but 4-HO-DPT gives it na run for its money, and in a very different way.

I have been putting off my higher-dosage 4-HO-DPT trial but this has me very interested in it again. :)

Now, this is starting to sound interesting enough to give this a try.

I gather from this thread 25 to 50 mg's is relatively safe for a first time try, after the allergy test...

Yes, it doesn't seem very potent. I'd maybe start with 25mg but it likely won't be strong, but you never know... not a lot of people have tested this compared to most.

Anyone has tried IM? WHat would be dosage ratio compared with oral or snorted? I only got 40mg or 50mg, so would like to find the best RoA (without IV or plugging).

I attempted IM, but after an hour of heating and adding a bit of acetic acid, we could only get 5mg into solution. It's almost entirely insoluble (as the salt, it was not freebase).

The drip is fucking gross.
As far as psychedelics go I found this to be the least awful of anything I put up.my nose and that's taking account the drip.
I've also snorted over 250mg in a single trip so I know all about it lol.
It's not what I might describe as pleasant or anything but if 4-ho-dpt is difficult to snort for you don't even attempt any of the 2-c-x series!!!

Yeah I couldn't get over 25mg at a time up my nose. The drip was too gross, and I've snorted a lot of nasty tasting chemicals.
It wasn't the burn though, just the taste of the drip made me want to puke for several hours straight.

I don't find it too unpleasant. Yes, it's bitter, but at least it doesn't burn.

Once you begin to associate the bitterness with the lovely effect, you can almost enjoy it. ;)

I attempted IM, but after an hour of heating and adding a bit of acetic acid, we could only get 5mg into solution. It's almost entirely insoluble (as the salt, it was not freebase).
With the right ratio you can do it. I used a microwave to heat it, then it was dissolved. About 45mgs. It was amazing!

I think 4-HO-DET is cometimes called "Ethocin" and 4-HO-DiPT "Iprocin" so logically, 4-HO-DPT would be "Procin"? Apparently it's already a commercial name for at least one pharmaceutical drug. "Propocin" ? Sounds a bit like "proposing"... Of course that would make 4-HO-DMT "Methocin" which could be a little confusing since we have 4-HO-MET = Metocin, but we usually call it "psilocin" so no biggie...

(Replace suffixe -ocin with -acetin for acetates)
4-HO-DMT: Psilocin
4-HO-MET: Metocin
4-HO-MPT: ?
4-HO-MiPT: Miprocin
4-HO-DET: Ethocin
4-HO-EPT: ?
4-HO-EiPT: ?
4-HO-DPT: Propocin?
4-HO-PiPT: ?
4-HO-DiPT: Iprocin

And then there are all combinations with allyl groups. So far, to my knowledge, the only tryptamines commercially available with allyl groups on the amine are n,n-DALT, 5-MeO-DALT and 4-AcO-DALT (Alacetin?).

I don't know if the question marks have ever been made. I know 5-MeO-EiPT is commercially available at the moment, so maybe 4-HO-EiPT is as well. I think Tihkal mentions that when you start going into butyl groups, you get oily things, difficult to crystalise.

Methocin is redundant due to it being Psilocin due to historic reasons of course but propocin and propacetin would be correct; I already used “Allacetin” in a trip report way back - I don’t know what the argument for and against one or two “L”s would be and probably doesn’t matter if these drugs have a common name or if it has much use in the real world

You guys have me itching to try this stuff out. Definitely going for it on my next order. Honestly the worst trip of my life was on DPT..but I was in an iffy place mentally already and I underestimated it's intensity, also the dose was much too high for a tester. But this sounds great, just need to ease into it...been on a break for quite a while, just gettin' back in the game.

Took 90mg oral; this is perhaps at or nearing a reasonable go - call it a modest +3 since it wasn't too visual and didn’t whisk me away far; depends what your after of course. It wasn’t very colourful like DPT but clear and shiny; perhaps slightly cold though I enjoyed it for the most part. Points of discomfort. There were lot of size distortions - all fairly easy at this level - guess a decent go oral would be 80-120mg maybe more given various sesitivities. I find it strange a reasonable go might be around 100mg but 158mg would be like 750ug acid assuming the author has a correct idea of LSD dose (not knocking you but barely anyone does and LSD is ususally way weaker than advertised - that would be about the sharpest dose response curve ever; still people vary and sometimes-set-setting etc. things can really hit you. What I didn’t like much was there seemed to be rather a cardiac push round the peak - not dangerous but I could see how a large dose could plausibly get a bit threatening so that might explain it. Comedown fairly comfortable and food not problematic.Overall quite good but certainly not outstanding in anyway but then this isn’t a definitive test and it is early days so it might well be pretty good; one lives in hope : )

To what 2C-X would you guys compare 4-HO-DPT when only regarding how hard-pushed it is to become psychedelic and visual? It doesn't stay tame like 2C-B when going up there? Of course I know even the auditory effects described could make this interesting enough as a unique experience of itself, but I don't know how much of a priority to make it if it's not a potent and pleasant psychedelic like 4-HO-MET or extraordinarily alien and trippy like 4-HO-MiPT can be.

Also you probably couldn't get me to IM any 4-HO tryptamine if you have to add an acid to it, I wouldn't quite trust what that does to indolols like this which are not pH stable, and would be reluctant to put any reactive stuff in my muscles. If I ever IVed anything maybe that's different considering how it is immediate access to the bloodstream instead of being stuck in tissue a while.

Couldn't you just plug it to make it more economical? If putting something acidic in your ass is a problem, maybe something like PG is an option, although hold on contact dermatitis or mucous membrane irritation is that rare...? One of the PEGs?
An issue with that might be that PG permeates cells SO well that it could help infections or pulling with it nasty stuff into your bloodstream, even if you don't have pathogens in your rectum there does tend to be other 'stuff' there. Hmm so perhaps not a good idea then.

Maybe an emulsifier like found in soap to help facilitate dissolution of both polar and non-polar part of 4-HO-DPT? Not for IMing obviously but that seems safer for IR.

Last edited:
To what 2C-X would you guys compare 4-HO-DPT when only regarding how hard-pushed it is to become psychedelic and visual? It doesn't stay tame like 2C-B when going up there? Of course I know even the auditory effects described could make this interesting enough as a unique experience of itself, but I don't know how much of a priority to make it if it's not a potent and pleasant psychedelic like 4-HO-MET or extraordinarily alien and trippy like 4-HO-MiPT can be.

I unfortunately cannot really make a comparison to the 2Cs, but I can say that I've heard a good few people compare their high dose 4-HO-DPT visuals to a DMT breakthrough. I haven't managed to push that far with it, but from what I have seen I would imagine that it could happen but that it might actually be a bit more like what I've heard DPT described to be like instead, though maybe without the fear some people feel (4-HO-DPT is the calmnest psychedelic I've taken yet).

It may be worth noting though that the people who described having those strong trips seem to also find it quite comfortable even at that point, whereas my 100 mg oral dose was similar to maybe 25 mg of 4-HO-MET in the visions but with much less intense geometry, and I was already finding it to make my body feel a bit annoyingly tight. I'm not sure how I would personally feel about it at a higher dose, but I intend to find out to see the visuals at least once.