• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT Thread

I've had 4-AcO-DPT in cold storage for years, but I haven't tried it yet because I'm uncertain about which ROA and dosage range to use -- I want to avoid accidental waste of this expensive material. I've also read many conflicting reports on this substance and the HO variant -- some praise them, some complain that they're virtually inactive, and some say that one is active while the other one isn't.

What's the deal? Are these compounds essentially the same regarding ROA and dose, or not? I believe that unlike other 4-sub tryptamines, both are best insufflated (for greater bio-availability). Is that correct? If so, what are medium-high to high (but not heavy) doses? Lastly, what is the typical duration of such an experience? I would expect it to be significantly shorter than that of other 4-subs taken orally, but I'm not sure.

Start with 25mgs insufflated and work your way up. This one just seems variable to most!

Thanks for your input. Would such an insufflated dose be roughly comparable in power to a 25mg oral dose of 4-AcO/HO-MiPT? Less? More? Knowing that would give me an idea of what to expect.

4-HO/AcO-DPT isn't compareable in any way with all other 4-subbed Tryptamines. It's very gentle, which means that ones Headspace remains mostly unchanged/clear and it's kinda Dissociative while the other Compounds are more compareable to Shrooms which's making this one really exciting/interesting as it's effects are completely different to Compounds like 4-HO-MiPT, for example. They are all very interesting and enjoyable and each one is unique!

Thanks for the input. I've tested the following multiple times: 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT. All certainly have their unique flavor; even the AcO and HO variants of the same base do. I've also tried 4-AcO-DALT, but only once. Results were negligible, but its character was also distinct.

I'll try 4-AcO-DPT via insufflation at some point in the near future. The things we have to do for science... :p

What duration can I expect from a 25mg trial?

4-MeO-MiPT for later...

Incidentally, the mixture of 4-AcO-DiPT and 4-AcO-MiPT is excellent. Ditto re. 4-HO-DiPT and 4-HO-MiPT. Both combinations yield orgiastic visuals and can easily turn a block of ice into a sexual giant. On the downside, the transition from baseline to full intoxication can be pretty darn aggressive, while the stimulation tends to be borderline uncomfortable. Anyhow, simultaneous oral ingestion of 18mg of 4-AcO-DiPT and 12mg of 4-AcO-MiPT (a little less with the HO variants) produces an experience that rivals 35mg of either substance taken alone.

Now back to our scheduled program...

This one's pretty rare, there was a vendor in Europe that had it, but they shutdown, but thankfully a local vendor is willing to order it for me.

I'm pretty interested in this one, as I very much enjoyed DPT by itself, what a wonderful substance, especially when turned to freebase and smoked, I never had DMT but I guess I came as close as I could with it. I've never seen 4-aco-dpt either, but experience seems to indicate that hydroxy 4 substituted tryptamines are more desirable than their acetoxy cousins.

How close is it to 4-ho-mipt or 4-aco-dmt ? These are the only 4-substituted tryps i've had, 4-ho-mipt being the most fun one, 4-aco-dmt was very pleasant on the first try, the 3 other times have gotten worse and worse and got filled with feelings of self-judgementalism(not a word i know), harsh feelings of unspecified guilt in the the second part of the trip and a massive production of mucus in my throat that was ridiculous, maybe the powder itself had been handled by someone who had an infection, because for a whole year i've been plagued with chronic sinusitis since then, well it's gone now, it had turned into a sinusitis-bronchitis with fever and all that, 14 days of Cefzil, a lot of Symbicort inhaler shots and a week of prednisolone (would have had Hycodan 5mg/5ml syrup, it was on my script, but I couldn't get it, i'm on subs, well I could have gotten it, but my contract with the ORT clinic would have been over, I've had opiate scripts accepted for a very bad injury twice, generic oxycontin 40mg once and later Oxy IR 20mg, but they weren't fun in any way, gave me a hell of a headache, I only stopped taking bupe for 2 days before going on them and well, disappointment, which is why i'm slowly getting off the bupe, but that's all very unrelated). Are doses around 20-25mg like 4-ho-mipt and 4-aco-dmt? Is it anything special, like, as good as shrooms can be. A shame we can't just order 4-ho-dmt ;)

I'm also ordering 100mg of pure ibogaine hcl, I'm going to do it at the top of a small mountain in my town, one where people hike often but past midnight, if some people haven't monopolized the top area where the huge red antenna and the cement bench where a whole neighbourhood can be seen (the first place I've done shrooms in fact, we laughed like maniacs the three of us when I said this looks like the model town in Beetlejuice). That's unrelated but it was to follow suit the bupe dependency thing, if I can get rid of it in 2 days which aren't going to be that fun, I can take it, the trip from it surely cannot be as dysphoric as opiate or benzo withdrawal.

Well, I have only tried 4-HO-DPT once so far, but I can make some initial comparisons. Of those three, I find 4-HO-MiPT to have the most obvious body high that feels warm and pleasant and makes me more aware of myself, 4-HO-DPT had the next most obvious high that was less intense overall but significantly more tactile almost to the level of MDMA, and 4-AcO-DMT for me just has sort of a nice background buzzing but nothing too incredibly distinctive. Psychologically, I would say that 4-AcO-DMT was the strongest and reminds me somewhat of DMT in the way that it just overwhelms me into submission, 4-HO-MiPT was much easier but still feels at least as mental to me as an empathogen mixed with psychedelic introspection, and 4-HO-DPT had practically no head trip at all beyond what the hallucinations could cause directly. In that sense, I would say that 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MiPT are definitely both a lot more geometric for me than 4-HO-DPT is, but I would say that 4-HO-DPT has the highest focus on realistic visionary imagery, then 4-AcO-DMT, then 4-HO-MiPT. I would also say that 4-HO-DPT's colors for me are darker in a way similar to 4-AcO-DMT, even though I find the actual colors used to be more similar between 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MiPT than either are to 4-HO-DPT. Even though 4-HO-DPT definitely does share many hallucinogenic effects with other tryptamines, some of the color schemes and imagery detail used are fairly unique among them. Of these three, I would have to say that it is my favorite so far. The doses are much higher than for those though; my one trial was at 60 mg orally and that apparently already makes me sort of sensitive to it. I know that at least a few people have established that 50 mg insufflated is a potentially good starting dose.

Also, good luck with the ibogaine. :)

100mg of ibogaine is a pretty low dose, FYI, but you'll feel it for sure, probably get some light trails.

I just received word that this will be available to me from a new source in 1- 2 weeks and I will certainly report back about this one...
Some people questioned the purity of the last batch of material I aquired (due to the high dosages I reported) so I will of course start with an allergy dose and titrate up from scratch but this one has intrigued me above all others (even MXE ) that I've researched.
The psychedelic headspace and visuals of this stuff is just awesome to say the least.
I will report back ASAP. ?

You're thinking intelligently. After a few tough lessons I learned the importance of reagent testing and allergy tests, both are good precautionary measures.
I've actually just ordered Reagents for the first time... I've always wanted them I had trouble getting in my country. Just found a place domestically and I'll be testing everything!

I just received word that this will be available to me from a new source in 1- 2 weeks and I will certainly report back about this one...
Some people questioned the purity of the last batch of material I aquired (due to the high dosages I reported) so I will of course start with an allergy dose and titrate up from scratch but this one has intrigued me above all others (even MXE ) that I've researched.
The psychedelic headspace and visuals of this stuff is just awesome to say the least.
I will report back ASAP. 

Did you have a chance to research this new batch yet?

Did you have a chance to research this new batch yet?
I have not and I'm pretty heart broken as I just recieved sone 4-aco-dmt from (who I suspect is) the same vendor and it looks tan/brown (though a nice fine powder) but it reeks strongly of vinigear.
I contacted the vendor and asked about the 4-ho-dpt and their response was that the 4-ho-dpt was lighter in coulur and doesn't smell as strongly as their 4-aco-dmt.
I don't care about the colour but it will be very grim to insufflate anything that smells.
I'm pretty upset... I'll still get some for sure to try out anyways, I'm sure it's probably potent but just not as pure as I would have hoped.
If anyone could chime in on how to clean up and remove impurities from 4-ho-dpt and 4-aco-dmt please do!!!
I feel there are going to be a lot of people asking this shortly...

Trying to save $$$ right now, but the availability of this is quite tempting...

I have not and I'm pretty heart broken as I just recieved sone 4-aco-dmt from (who I suspect is) the same vendor and it looks tan/brown (though a nice fine powder) but it reeks strongly of vinigear.
I contacted the vendor and asked about the 4-ho-dpt and their response was that the 4-ho-dpt was lighter in coulur and doesn't smell as strongly as their 4-aco-dmt.
I don't care about the colour but it will be very grim to insufflate anything that smells.
I'm pretty upset... I'll still get some for sure to try out anyways, I'm sure it's probably potent but just not as pure as I would have hoped.
If anyone could chime in on how to clean up and remove impurities from 4-ho-dpt and 4-aco-dmt please do!!!
I feel there are going to be a lot of people asking this shortly...

AFAIK tryptamines in most cases smell strong (like gasoline, vinegar). DPT was the most reeking substance I ever snorted. I think it does not have to mean, that it has a high proportion of impurities.

AFAIK tryptamines in most cases smell strong (like gasoline, vinegar). DPT was the most reeking substance I ever snorted. I think it does not have to mean, that it has a high proportion of impurities.
I also have some brown, strong smelling DPT and it is of terrible quality compared to my pure white oderless DPT,
All of my other pure white Tryptamines, (except AMT) have no Odour at all.
The smell you are talking about is precursor left over from synthesis and insuffilating anything that reeks strongly will be pretty awful.
I don't know how this otherwise incredible vendor could've found a lab that could make a difficult synth like 4-ho-dpt and not do a rechrystalization to purify it!
Edit:
I have faith that the 4-ho-dpt that's recently become available is probably of very high quality... My concern is only with odour. The brown DPT I mentioned smelled strongly of vinegar and insuffilating it left that smell for like an hour or more in your nose... It's difficult to get passed that terrible smell and I'm just worried that this 4-ho-dpt might be difficult to research if the precursor smell is too prevalent.
This chemical is so rare and so unique and just so damn special... I will be getting some very soon and I'll certainly report back on the quality and smell ASAP.

Last edited:
My experience is usually typtmaines shouldn't have much of an odor. I have had 4-AcO-DMT and 5-MeO-MiPT and those chemicals didn't have any strong odors I could notice.

I have the same 4-AcO-DMT. Brown and questionable smell. Very unusual for an otherwise top notch vendor. However, I also obtained 4-HO-DPT at the same time which has no smell and looks as expected (color and reagent test wise). Have not tried it yet, but will report back when I finally do.

Any more reports out there from the most recent batch available in north america?

Last edited:
This is avaiable in my country in the form of pressed 25mg tabs.
Im thinking about getting a bunch to experiment with.

Ive had some profound but extremely terrifying trips on dpt.
Anyone who can compare the space on these two?