• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

I was freezing also!
Also I noticed some weird body sensations...:unpleasant really.....how does this compare with 4 aco dmt though?

I was freezing also!
Also I noticed some weird body sensations...:unpleasant really.....how does this compare with 4 aco dmt though?

For me personally... I couldn't stand 4-AcO-DMT. I tried two batches, it wasn't a batch issue... was a chemical issue... very anxious chemical... extra benzos didn't really help... I only ever really got into it where I could let go once and that was AMT and 4-AcO-DMT... but even then I still had the anxiety while I was on the verge of ego death... then in ego death... its very hard to explain... I remember I was playing with the folds of reality with a friend... and I was on the verge of a panic attack the whole time so I took an extra 1mg of Klonopin and that still wasn't enough to really smooth it out...

But I don't get along with mushrooms either. I had a bag of penis envy. Those were the only shrooms I could do without feeling like I just got poisoned. They were indeed very special because I couldn't stand shrooms because of the anxiety they provoked but man did I love those penis envy.... Was pissed when I was made to flush them I'll tell you that. Still actually makes me want to blow up now lol. And I'm tripping quite happily on 4-HO-MET and MXE... but damn.... Only mushrooms ever got along with me and he made me flush them......

4-AcO-DET vs 4-AcO-DMT... I'm going to take the objective stance and say that from what I've observed, I'm just fuckin weird and everyone loves 4-AcO-DMT but I've never heard any reports of the DET shivers or the like with it. Even with the anxiety that 4-AcO-DMT caused... it was still physically better than 4-AcO-DET by a lot... I actually hated that chem so much I try to forget that I've taken it... I don't deny taking 4-AcO-DMT though, it just gave me uncomfortable anxiety while 4-AcO-DET actually felt really toxic...

Last edited:
Yeah DET and DiPT were both really short although I thoroughly enjoyed DiPT. DET is just the devil.

^That report shot 4-AcO-MET to the very top of my wish list, twas a great read! Too bad I can't just convert the surplus of slowing degrading 4-ho-met I have laying around. If only...

Stuff sounds amazing. Getting my own from a freshly made batch in about two weeks. Sounds like the tryptamine I've been waiting for.

Why do people snort MXE though? I thought this RoA is wasteful? The reason I ask is because I've been doing it orally (dump on tongue and then lick the weigh plate clean) and washing it down with water... So I guess it's a combo sub/oral but I remember when I first got the first batch back in 11 I was snorting it and it took a LOT to get where I wanted. Huge lines.

Stuff sounds amazing. Getting my own from a freshly made batch in about two weeks. Sounds like the tryptamine I've been waiting for.

Why do people snort MXE though? I thought this RoA is wasteful? The reason I ask is because I've been doing it orally (dump on tongue and then lick the weigh plate clean) and washing it down with water... So I guess it's a combo sub/oral but I remember when I first got the first batch back in 11 I was snorting it and it took a LOT to get where I wanted. Huge lines.

People like snorting stuff, i guess...

No its a legit question. I like to snort things if it leads to a stronger experience with less material so that's why I'm asking. Lol

Yeah, it's mainly a snorting fetish for some people. People even prefer to rail the x-FA's which are notorious for their causticity and tendency to cause nosebleeds, while having less absorption than other ROA's. Same with mephedrone, which ime was not pleasant nor the least bit superior to oral or rectal. I notice alot of these snorters are from the UK (of course not all), and alot of these folks will stick anything up their nose, whether beneficial or not. After experimenting with alternative ROA's, I would also agree snorting MXE is a waste. The effects aren't even the same, far more stimulated, far less intoxicating.

^I honestly think it's subjective. I admittedly have a nasal fetish but have tried oral dosing over ten different times and usually found it somewhat underwhelming. With my current batch/tolerance I sniff 100mgs to get to the promised land while it takes about 150mgs when used orally to get the same effects. After my month long break is up I am going to trying eating my first dose to see if anything has changed. /ends off topic post

I've read posts from some people who seem to not respond to it as well orally. For me it comes on a bit in 5-10 minutes orally, and reaches a peak by 45 minutes, but I've heard reports of people having it take 2+ hours to start coming on. But I do think that in most cases people just like to snort drugs. To me it's a total waste, MXE seems to much more fully affect the mind-body machine orally, it really gets in there smoothly and completely. I find when I snort it, or worse, smoke it, it never really seems like it gets all the way there, it feels different in an inferior way.

I wasn't a huge fan. Seemed more heady less visual. I capped and snorted. Could have been tolerance since I was experimentn with many other Chems. But I didn't get much. I did enjoy 4 ho met though

When I was heavily experimenting in 2006-2008, I got to a point where I often just wouldn't get anything unique from substances anymore most of the time. I don't know how often you're taking psychedelics/serotonergics, but long-term tolerance begins to form when you habitually don't give yourself enough time to return to normal between trips. I don't believe I will ever lose it completely but I get full effects from psychedelics again, I just require higher dosages than I used to. Maybe that's not your case and you space things out well, but I thought I'd say it anyway. When you trip a lot you start to need higher and higher dosages and the trips become much less full-on (in general, I still had some really intense ones sometimes during that period of time).

My tryptamine tolerance went to 0, maybe even -1 or -2 during my 4 year break from them... 4-HO-MET wrecks me... I'm hoping 4-AcO-MET is a little bit smoother...

I have some of this and 4-aco-dmt available to try today. I think I'm going to go with the -met since some of mg friends are looking for a lighter trip. My only mushroom trip was 4.5 g dried and it was extremely positive from start to finish. So I am pretty positive I can handle this and thus I am more worried about under dosing than going to high with this one. What dosage range would compare to 3.5-4.5 g cubensis in intensity alone? I have not tripped in ~3 weeks so my tolerance should be close to baseline though I guess it could be noted in the month prior I was tripping heavily and often off of 2c-b. I guess re-dosing could be a possibility, but the anecdote in this thread on it are pretty sparse. Any input would be appreciated.

Update: took 26 mg and wow. Blew me out of the water.

Last edited:
I really hope I like this one. Minimum order quantity wasn't super high but wasn't low by any means!

i found this chem to be exceptionally pleasant at 34mg, at this dose i had wonderful neon 3d visuals but i was still able to fully communicate with people who weren't tripping without them knowing i was tripping. a great chemical for when you want to be high without the mindfuck

Thought I'd post a trip report here since this still seems to be a less popular chem.

Over the summer I tried this substance with my girlfriend (A) and her close friend (B) at the beach. I measured out doses on a milligram scale ahead of time and loaded them into gelcaps to take with us. I gave myself 24mg (a standard dose), A got 34mg because she's an extreme hardhead, and B got 28mg because she told me she could take it. We didn't factor in the potential awkwardness of taking substantial doses in public but it turned out ok in the end.

At 1:30pm the weather was absolutely perfect and the beach not too crowded. We parked the car near the beach and dropped before walking over and setting up, which ended up being a mistake because the comeup was faster than expected -- I'd say around 20-30 minutes until first alerts. We hadn't eaten anything since breakfast at 10:30am so our stomachs were mostly empty. A had some GI issues (as is usual for her with tryptamines) but cleared them up in a nearby hotel bathroom. B and I were fine after taking a little preemptive Alka-Seltzer. The trip was nausea-free for all of us after that.

B is the smallest of us and she was up first, though A and I weren't far behind. I would describe the overall headspace as languid, stoning, sensual without being overly erotic, and a distinct undercurrent of absurdity - everything seemed hilarious. Sound took on an interesting character - sustained noises like insects, the crash of the waves, and helicopters seemed to be amplified while speech seemed muted. I think it had something to do with attention creating a kind of "tunnel hearing" where particular sounds become immersive while others drop out. Visuals were both gorgeous and weird. Colors were amplified to the point of seeing color "halos" surrounding (for example) swimsuits. A's skin is very fair and when we were in the water I could see the ocean reflected on her body. Facial details and peoples' bodies generally were distorted and wavy/wobbly - we couldn't look directly at each other without laughing. If anyone's ever seen a painting by El Greco that's the closest image I can compare it to. Movement slowed down. Perspective was also distorted, to the point where distant objects seemed to exist on the same plane as nearer ones if you focused on them. I've taken 4-HO-MET, and while feeling somewhat less "cinematic," this chemical was similarly immersive, like being enveloped by the objects of your senses. Being in the water felt incredible. The body high was pleasant in general, but again attention played a major role - if you weren't concentrating on your body you'd almost forget it was there. The drug was lightly dissociative in that way - I remember A saying once, "I can't tell the difference between my body and not my body." Which was good, because one of the downsides to the experience had to do with the setting - when your senses are heightened, having wet sand stick to your skin under the hot sun quickly becomes intolerable. Nothing scary with the exception of a trio of military helicopters that kept buzzing the shoreline (a base is nearby).

One of the most interesting things about this substance was how it slowed down time. For me, 4-HO-MET had a very different effect, that of slipping in and out of partial consciousness, with no idea how much time had passed. On 4-AcO-MET, it just felt like time was eternal. However, I would say I experienced the same lapses in short-term memory. We were awful at reapplying sunscreen for that reason and got badly sunburned. Funny at the time but pretty miserable for the next few days.

When we were almost all the way down (around sunset - 6pm) we foolishly smoked a joint, which extended the trip another 3 hours. I say foolishly because by this time we were starving, leading us to take the stupid risk of driving into town for dinner. Anyway, we survived.

Overall I would describe the experience as ridiculously fun. I would not call it very insightful or deep. A & B compared it to a "hot dumb girl" and I have to agree -- not that there's anything wrong with that :). Downsides were only 1) that B took a bit too much (28mg and she's maybe 5'5 and 115lbs) and was borderline uncomfortable during the peak 2) we should have prepared better for the beach and 3) it went on a little too long, though that's because we smoked during the comedown. I'm sure I'll do it again & I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a gentle, lighthearted trip with minimal mindfuck (even less than its 4-HO ester). We were all tripping pretty hard but didn't have a problem keeping it together in public. Next to 4-HO-MET it's the most purely enjoyable RC I've tried and definitley among the most visually exciting (my experience also includes 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 2C-B and 2C-D).