• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

buttanibal: can you contrast 4-AcO-MET vs 4-HO-MET? Can you say if there are differences between the two?

i've only tried each once. Aside from the subtler aesthetic differences I listed above, I'd say they break down along standard 4HO vs 4AcO lines -- 4HO has a sharper comeup, feels clearer-headed (as long as your dose isn't too intense) and more "stimmy," shorter duration. The 4AcO has a more gradual comeup (some say they find 4AcOs more nauseating but I felt almost zero bodyload on 4Aco-MET) and the headspace is more stoning, while still being very social. Part of my 4HO-MET trip was "bad" -- thought loops, anxiety, paranoia, etc. -- but I was able to ride it out and I don't think that's a common reaction. I feel like it's probably near impossible to get a bad trip on 4AcO-MET unless you just take way too much.

Got here today... looks incredible... so tempted... and the new batch of MXE they sent me... colors @ 20mg like its supposed to do... Glad I didn't just dump 80mg in a glass and add water and go. This shit is good.

So their brand new fresh 4-AcO-MET has to be something else.

Interesting comment you made about 4-AcO-MET buttannibal69 - just about everyone says its the closest you'll get to DMT without DMT in visual context. Guess we'll find out when I dive into 20mg... nice to know its not stimulating though. The only 4-sub that ever has been was 4-HO-MiPT. Something about that chem likes to pump the heart and work the kidneys... but I just got enough to last a damn lifetime so I'll try it soon.

Wait MagickalKat, 4-Aco-MET being the closest to DMT in visuals...? IME that is very, very far off. I'd actually say 4-ho-mipt or unsurprisingly 4-aco-dmt are the closest.

I had a really weird experience when I IMed 4-aco-met (only 5mg) after taking a "small handful" of vitamin D3 pills the night before and a couple hours before the trip. Felt like the times I mixed piracetam with DMT... baaad. Felt like a bunch of cables got unplugged and plugged into the wrong slots in my brain. Sensory overload. Won't be mixing D3 with trips anymore :).

4-HO-MET was close enough... We are not talking about smoked DMT... oral. MAOI. *huasca. But I'll tell you I've smoked DMT on top of a 2C-T-2 trip and the visuals I've had from too much 4-HO-MET EASILY rivaled the visuals but not the visions. There is a distinction that must be made.

DMT once you break through causes visions... but the visuals when you come out of the visions are impressive but nothing like 4-HO-MET can bring on. I think that is the point that was being made.

We can't smoke 4-HO-MET. Take DMT orally with an MAOI and you're in the same land as mescaline really... which is to say, amazing. But 4-HO-MET can rival pre-breakthrough visuals of DMT. Easily. So can 5-MeO-AMT and so can 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7.

We're talking smoked versus oral... You can't (well I suppose it may be possible with the base but these are fumarate salts) smoke these chems...

The closest to DMT in visuals for me? 4th plateau DXM... Actually my DXM experiences have far surpassed DMT multiple times in their intensity because DXM actually warps your concept of what your body is... DMT destroys the ego but there is still a body. DXM can make it feel like your body is a pretzel while at the same time destroying your ego. There's a reason dissociatives have a following... Close your eyes on a high dose dissociative and be amazed... Its incredible the dimensions they create. DMT and other tryptamine and phenethylamine psychedelics tend to be rather weak in comparison with visuals unless you break through on DMT and have effectively entered a new dimension. I've smoked DMT. I hope to smoke it again some day. But the closest you're going to get to ayahuasca from the tryptamines? The 4-subs. So far 4-HO-MET has my vote as best candidate. Since I just did 50mg of this new batch of MXE... I really shouldn't mess with the MET tonight. But soon.

And, at least for me, dissociatives cause visions. Insane visions... Its why I love to push the envelope so hard with MXE. It has euphoria guaranteed with those visions while DXM is very cold... its really all on you to make it into something pleasant.

Last edited:
anyone compared 4-aco dmt, 4 aco met and 4 aco det
so far, I much prefered 4 aco det to my 4 aco dmt...

magikalkat, I just ordered my first G of MXE, I just cant wait!!!! 40mg sublignal for first dose sounds reasonable? its my first time ever with a disso...

anyone compared 4-aco dmt, 4 aco met and 4 aco det
so far, I much prefered 4 aco det to my 4 aco dmt...

magikalkat, I just ordered my first G of MXE, I just cant wait!!!! 40mg sublignal for first dose sounds reasonable? its my first time ever with a disso...

40mg is way too high for a first dose, man. Start with 20, wait an hour and a half to two hours, see how you're feeling. If you want to go higher, take 10mg more. Wait another hour, if you want to go higher, take 10mg more. So on and so forth. It isn't like psychedelics where once you've passed the one or two hour mark you're screwed for redosing. The effects will build and build, so give it time.

By dosing too high too quickly, no less for your dissociative experience, you could easily end up in mass confusion territory instead of beautiful peaceful profound thoughts territory :p

Agreed on the dose suggestion for MXE... Too much and you'll black out too so keep that in mind.

Yeah so.......... No idea how much.....

Because it was to see if 400mg flubromazepam would kill me... I only woke up because of the gunshots in the alley.

What a way start a trip. +++ for what it's worth.

Have to edit to say........... Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Okay. Amazingly. I remember. I lost the stupid plate for my scale so I took two scoops I'd say I'm at 30mg (high estimate) and this is definitely my favorite. I can't say anything about the tachycardia given my stupid shit earlier......

Cevs are out of this world. Great stuff

Last edited:
This compound exceeded my expectations greatly. The frequency of the source vibration was approaching DMT territory. The visuals were astounding, and music enhancement was sublime, and I'm lucky I had some really perfect groovy melty psychedelic music mixsets streaming from my soundcloud during the peak. I was entranced by the fidelity and vibrance of the fields of energy in the air I saw, clear as day OEVs, I'm almost convinced I was seeing actual electromagnetic wave interference patterns, and that this chemical turned off the filters that normally prevents us from perceiving them. For the majority of the time I laid in bed cozy'd up with my kitty cat who also got a kick out of the energy. He was grooving with it like 'yeah this is some stuff!!!'- a similar reaction that he had when I was on DPT, as if he could pick up on everything that was happening. We bonded our spirits in a most sacred fashion. All in all it was something to write home about. Not much of a body load considering the strength of the experience. consumed between 20-30 mg, and it was combined with a generous portion of MXE. I basically see MXE as my 'space suit' for psychedelics. Keeps me safe and comfortable while allowing me to travel further into the deep than I would be able to otherwise.

I've had somewhere around 10 experiences with 4acomet from 12-36 mg and honestly i don't know if I'll do it again. It's a good light-hearted trip, but seems pointless to me for lack of a better word. It doesn't seem to offer much in the way of introspection and for pure recreation there's stuff like al-lad and 2cb that I enjoy much, much more.

I would like to try 4-ho-met as I've heard it is better than its counterpart.

2cb is for sure more fun....u think this is more visual than either of those.....I guess it's what you are usig it for!?!

Visuals are the most overrated part of the psychedelic experience imo...

For a recreational psych I think euphoria and music enhancement and clear headedness are important to me. Tryptamines in general don't seem all too recreational.

I took a ride on 4-ho-met at 22 mgs yesterday and it was by FAR the most visual thing I've taken. I'llhaveto remind myself about 4-aco-met, but IIRC, the come up was vastly smoother than on its -ho- counterpart. If your d desire is mental effects, go -aco-, visual -ho-. The aco lasts longer too, maybe an hour more. HO seemed to drop off very abruptly.

If HO is more visual than ACO I can't even imagine. ACO was the most visual trip I've had short of DMT and DPT.

Haha, yeah, and this time, blast off was before sunrise and wandering through a dark house, playing with a black lab puppy was almost overwhelming. Visuals akin to CEVs with eyes open, quite kaleidoscopic. (This is the HO, BTW). My order of al lad came in the next day, so now I'm torn: do I re-research this (4-aco-met), or go with al lad, for my next headventure.