• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

I'm extremely comfortable with doses of 40 mg or more with 4-HO-met and 4-aco-dmt and 4 grams of mushrooms. What would be a good dose for this substance? Every reply is useful, thank you for your help

My guess would be that 4-aco and 4-ho met would be similar in potency, with 4-ho being a little stronger. Still, if it's your first time with it, harm reduction would say to start low just incase.

I took about 60mgs the first time i used it but I have an unusually high tolerance to everything. even after long periods of use of most substances. 60 was certainly very visual and not uncomfortable at all. the last two times i did it i combined it with way too much alcohol which i would advise against. I usually have a little alcohol before my tryptamine experience to alleviate come-up anxiety but these times i way over did it. Next time maybe i'll just take a klonopin a couple hours prior or just try dealing with it

Definitely one of my favorites especially mixed with 4-ho-mipt but now there out of it :( not sure i trust other vendors this on has been so reliable wish i could say which on but its against the rules Canada I know you know who lol.

Usually when I went looking for some experience to rival another I came out horribly disappointed. Just saying :)
This is excellent advice to people who constantly attempt to describe the subjective effects of one drug by comparing it to another. The first time I met Sasha Shulgin, he explained to myself and one of my ex-girlfriend's the folly of getting stuck in this frame of mind. He said that each and every chemical has a unique energy and feeling to it even though it may be almost identical in structure to another one. He compared thinking this way to always comparing one's current lover to past lovers. By doing this, you set yourself up for constant dissatisfaction with what you have instead of fully appreciating and immersing yourself in the moment.

He was such an extremely wise and enlightened Soul. He will be dearly missed!

Anyway, to the topic at hand: 4-aco-MET is one of my new favorite drugs. I found 20mg of the fumerate insufflated to be the perfect dose for me. It kicks in about 20 minutes after snorting it, and I'm completely back to baseline exactly 4 1/2 hours later. If I take it at 6 PM, I can easily fall asleep before midnight if I desire. Another reason I prefer 20mg to higher doses is that I can still physically function normally if needed, and others can't tell I'm even on a drug at this dose. One time after taking 60mg, my mother of all people decided to show up unannounced to take my wife and I out to dinner. I was practically catatonic at that point from the overwhelming vibrations that had consumed my body, and along with the disorienting, intense Visuals and Telepathic conversations with the spirit entities that showed up, the day became a complete disaster. I was doing extremely bizarre things in public (though at the time they made perfect sense, lol) that drew an inordinate amount of attention to me and almost got me arrested for public intoxication (my mother talked the pig into just letting her take me home), and my strange behavior and incomprehensible philosophizing centering around alien conspiracies pissed my mom off so bad that she didn't speak to me for over almost 2 years!

The effects of any given dose of this drug have always been consistent for me, without the unpredictability of other Psychedelics. With my usual dose of 20mg, colors become fantastically brilliant and mesmerizing, music aquires a unique depth that I've never had from any other substance, and I always have a profound sense of Oneness with and Empathy for others. These effects are way more intense for me than even several hundred mg of good MDMA. The music (I usually listen to Beck albums and watch his trippy-ass videos while in Hyperspace from any drug), and especially the musically sweet sound of my wife's voice and the powerful vibration of just her natural, NOT drug-induced Spiritual Potency usually move me to uncontrollable crying for a large part of the Trip, though on 20mg I can almost instantly snap myself back to some semblance of objective reality in an emergency.

It's an ideal drug for spiritual exploration, and the profound insights received not only still make sense after it wears off, but they stick with you permanently and inspire great changes in your life (this is from my own experience, as well as that of 9 close friends who regularly take this drug). So if you're not in the mood for a possible permanent religious conversion experience, or you're just content with where you're at spiritually right now, you may want to avoid this drug, or just use small doses.

Last edited:
I took about 60mgs the first time i used it but I have an unusually high tolerance to everything. even after long periods of use of most substances. 60 was certainly very visual and not uncomfortable at all. the last two times i did it i combined it with way too much alcohol which i would advise against. I usually have a little alcohol before my tryptamine experience to alleviate come-up anxiety but these times i way over did it. Next time maybe i'll just take a klonopin a couple hours prior or just try dealing with it

Learning to deal with come-up anxiety taught me a lot about myself and went a long way towards me becoming a lot more comfortable in my own skin and less self-conscious. Now I rarely get bad come-ups. But I used to almost every time, it's ruined a number of trips for me because I got stuck in the anxiety. But that's a part of the trip too, you can't just skim over it. Well you can, sort of, but it's not a good idea to, IMO.

Dosage question:
I have myself a research sample of 4-aco-met fumarate (1mg allergy tested, no problems) and am having trouble deliberating on a dosage for a medium-strength trip. Myself and four others plan on doing some group research (all with moderate psych experience), and will only have one opportunity to do so in the foreseeable future. As such, we don't have time to titrate up from, say, 15mg over a period of days or weeks.
There appears to be no consensus on dose. All of us are in the 55-70kg range. What do you guys think of starting with 20mg and preparing 5mg boosters as failsafe?

Anybody wanna give me a comparison of 4-AcO-DMT and 4-AcO-MET? I've tried 4-AcO-DMT and would like to try 4-AcO-MET soon but I'd like to know a bit of what I'm getting myself into beforehand.

I'm 5'11" and 140 lbs. My first dose was 13 mgs 4-aco-met. It was in limbo, if you get my drift. At 18 it was enjoyable, but 20-23 was the tits, even 25, but not much higher was tried, nor needed.

Regarding 4-aco-dmt v 4-aco-met, 4-a-met is much lighter and more visual. 4-a-dmt is more patterned and can get pretty heady, but if you keep the dose around 18-20 mgs, it keeps some more of its enjoyable qualities.

I've had 2 experiences with this substance. I'm 5'6", 115lbs, and female, but I have an average natural tolerance to psychs - I usually dose the same or higher than my larger male friends.

My first experience was with 20mg of 4-AcO-MET HCl. It was enjoyable and gentle, with light visuals and not much mindfuck. It was pretty stimulating at this dose. It lasted around 3-4 hours. It was a fun experience; however, it was a bit too gentle for my liking.

My second experience was with 32mg of the fumarate salt. The fumarate salt is heavier than the HCl salt and I wanted a stronger experience so I figured this would be a good dose; however it turned out to be too intense and confusing. The come-up was too sudden and anxiety-provoking. I felt sober one minute, and the next minute I was having intense visuals and the setting seemed to suddenly change and become alien and foreign. I would look at my surroundings and become lost in them. I was also experiencing intense synesthesia. The intensity was comparable to a couple hits of DMT. I became paranoid and felt that I had overdosed. I called one of my close friends to come make sure I was okay, but once he arrived I felt even more anxious. My emotions also effected the visuals, and the more anxious I became, the more dull and strange the setting would become. After around 3-4 hours, the trip took a lighter turn and I started to feel better. I was still tripping hard but my visuals became beautiful and colourful, rather than eerie as they were before. They were geometric, bright, and almost DMT-like but still somewhat organic. I still felt a bit anxious but overall I felt a lot better. Mentally I started to return to baseline around 9-10 hours after dosing, but the visuals persisted until I went to sleep, around 13 hours after dosing. Would not repeat this dosage. Overall the trip turned out okay but the come-up was way too much. Also (not sure if related or not) I got a bad headache around 10 hours after dosing and it lasted well into the next day.

Last edited:
I ended up going with 23mg (as did my four friends) of the fumarate salt (so far as I know).
It was diluted in ethyl alcohol and consumed with a bit of tea (didn't taste great, but not horrid), which provided a fast come-up (~10 minutes to a +1.5, 40 minutes till a full on ++/+++). This was a surprisingly psychedelic dose for all of us. Shifting colors and slightly rolling shapes, confusion and pleasant derealization, stimulation, and good vibes (very positive and giggly, but not a deep or entactogenic love). It did wonders for binding our group of friends together, as we'd not spent much time together before, but requires a good degree of trust for those around you during the peak because of the inherent incapacitation of many tryptamines such as 4-AcO-MET. One of my favorite experiences to date! It felt as though I could graze across all of my past philosophies and accept them as pleasant interpretations and realities without becoming engrossed in them (which I do enjoy). To that end, it felt somewhat superficial (intellectually), though not to a debasing degree, as general philosophizing felt valuable and real, it was just difficult to manifest my focus on such a thing. The peak dropped off after about two hours, and coming down over three hours, followed by dissociation and friendly "trippiness" for the rest of the night, making the experience (with a 40 minute come-up) about 5.5 hours (not including the tail). I noticed a slight headache about 8 hours after dosing, but water and sleep took care of that. No body load or grossness today (this experience was yesterday), but I feel a slight serotonergic depletion; not depressed, persay, but a bit down and worn. This may be more from the contrast of such a wonderful experience to a day spent alone in thought.

All in all,
this compound is worth a try for its raw, silly, experiential flavor, though it doesn't have the intellectual/abstractly meaningful edge that some compounds do.

2nd time researching this chemical this past weekend. First time was 4 months ago with no tripping for over 6 months before that. So this was my 2nd trip this year.(2014) Started at 15mg weighed with a .001 scale and added 10mg once the initial come up/stimulation subsided.(About 45 min. between dose/redose) (Initial dose oral/redose insufflated) Was underwhelmed by the OEV's so about 20 min. following the redose i hopped into the shower with all the lights off and towels stuffed under the door so no light was visible. Then I got a very nice light show that I had been looking for. I think I will give it a month and go with 25mg dose/10mg redose to get all I want from this chem. More clear headed than cannabis by itself and little mindfuck. Not very confrontational etc. but still very pleasant. Had a beer and .5mg etizolam on the comedown but endee up staying awake all day. May wait later next time as I was all done by 3pm. Lasted ~4hrs total. This was the fumurate salt btw.

I added about 8 mg of this (for the first time), adding to my 4-HO-MiPT which ran out early when I tried to dose 19 or 21 mg (kinda forgot which). I figured, you can top off some psychedelics with similar compounds. Similarly I have topped off 2C-T-7 with 2C-B when the former ran out. I don't like mixing dissimilar psychedelic all too much, can be less 'aligned' and more chaotic. Sometimes synergetic of course but seems more unpredictable to me.

Anyway I don't recommend combining drugs the very first time you take it as a golden rule (tho I have had the very similar 4-HO-MET plenty of times which is just the non-acetoxy-ester version). I can't say all that much about the effects yet, it was a weird day.

When you are able, please describe the effects!
I am mainly curious if its different enough from 4-ho-met to be worth chasing it... I found very little info about this.

I combined it with 4-HO-MiPT, the dose of which was about twice as large (16 mg vs the 8 mg of 4-AcO-MET)... and 4-HO-MiPT often gives me very bizarre / weird / alien effects even for trippiness. 4-HO-MET is much more 'familiar' feeling to me, even if it can be super intricate, creative and complex.
I also tried plain MiPT by the way and found a similar weirdness, or feeling of alienation / non-recognition.

In any case, the contribution of the 4-AcO-MET was very obscured by the effects of the 4-HO-MiPT which is why further descriptions are probably rendered worthless to take anything away from. Other than entertainment of reading maybe.

This compound is definitely worth trying. I first tried it at 22mg to which I was not satisfied, so I dosed another 5mg an hour after the 22mg along with 30mg of MXE. Things started to get interesting after 2 hours of the initial dose. The visuals reminded me somewhat of DMT or 4-aco-DMT, but they didn't seem as sharp and intricate, rather they were pale bleak resemblances of DMT-like visuals. It seemed to only provide a visual aspect to the trip without much depth to it, but this changed when I tried a larger dose...

I tried 4-aco-MET last night at around 29-30mg followed by 80-100mg of MXE over the course of 3 hours. When hitting nitrous I was having very beautiful CEVs that did not remind me of anything else I have ever seen. This dose was much more visually prominent than the 22mg dose. I experienced a very introspective state in which I was very into myself. It kept making me think of my family, death, my future career, what I was doing with my life, and made me motivated to take care of my body more. I felt very refreshed after getting some sleep and was ready to take on the day and try to be as productive as possible. Overall, I really like this chemical, but it doesn't seem to put me where I want to be unless I add dissociatives to the mix. Perhaps future trials I will aim for 35-40mg doses. Also, I want to note that there are relatively few side effects with this chemical. It is very clean feeling with little to no bodyload. I did feel a bit nauseous in the beginning after an hour of dosing, but this could've been due to my stomach contents from a burrito I ate hours prior.

Next I will be dosing 10mg of 4-aco-MET (it's all I have left) with 20mg of 4-aco-DMT. I'm wondering if it will resemble essentially taking 30mg of one or the other, or if it'll be weaker than taking a 30mg dose of 4-sub trypts. 4-aco-MET seems to be a little less potent/strong than 4-aco-DMT for me.

Well I just found out that my source is getting this one...

I have heard reports that its superior to 4-HO-MET?

I have the option to either get more 4-HO-MET or get 4-AcO-MET and a few other things. It sounds like people find 4-AcO-MET to be even more visual than 4-HO-MET? Comparisons with LSD style visuals as opposed to mushroom visuals?

Can someone elaborate?

I'm also going to be picking up 4-HO-MiPT as well which I know for a fact has visuals that are very neon in nature and its less serious than mushrooms are.

I just need to decide if I want the hydroxy or acetate ester for this new order. From what I've been reading, it looks like the acetate ester is more up my alley than the hydroxy but I'll tell you that I love the 4-subs. The only one I can't stand is 4-AcO-DMT (it gives me stupid amounts of anxiety every time I do it). I rate 4-HO-MET as my favorite because of its visuals, 4-AcO-MiPT is probably second, 4-HO-MiPT third, 4-HO-DiPT fourth, and 4-AcO-DMT is so last that I'd rather do DPT which REALLY causes tachycardia than that one.

Magical cat.....have you had 4 aco det??
If so how do you rank it?

I to have though about getting this one....either it or 4 aco dmt

Magical cat.....have you had 4 aco det??
If so how do you rank it?

I to have though about getting this one....either it or 4 aco dmt

4-AcO-DET has physical side effects that are odd... its like someone is opening and shutting the blinds but the blinds are your body... don't pass 30mg, shouldn't be an issue.

Otherwise... combine DET with mushrooms... and it about fits... your auditory... not so pleasant... but your visual... entertaining. I don't know, it was so long ago. I just remember shivering like I was in -20F when it was 70F...