View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some new 4-aco-dmt recently and my first trip on it felt more like a psilocin/mushrooms trip (which made me happy that it possibly has some psilocin mixed in). Its from the famous canadian place so I get why people say they got really good shit right now lol. I've had many batches over the years (including the first one ever produced by a chinese lab) and this particular batch seems the best so i'm wondering if there is some psilocin in (seems more potent also).

It also was coming in waves just like psilocin/mushrooms (previous 4-aco-dmt never did this with me)

Hi folks, I signed up just for this thread if I'm honest as other places I've seen posts on this chemical haven't been half as good if I'm honest.

I've had several experiences win this RC & I find it a mixed bag of delight & also terror.

My 1st trip was 65mg dissolved in water which kicked in around 3/5 mins after drinking & produced one of the most intense visual experiences of my life for about 40mins the whole world melted like paint running down a canvas & really freaked me out as I throught I'd gone over the line between sanity & insanity.
Lucky it calmed down & left me in a uber stone state for another 7 hours.

Does anyone else find you have an extreme outbreak of tears & mucus running in a uncontrolled fashion when tripping on this chemical too?

I also find I have at least one turn of extreme vomiting usually around 4/5 hours after taking it, is this normal?

I'm at the tail end of a really depressive/dark trip which when visuals subsided, I started to produce mucus so badly in my throat I almost choked, I notice that smoking cigarettes does not help. It's really insane, even keeping oneself hydrated doesn't help, liquid seems to coat one's throat and just mix up with the throat mucus production going mad.

This thing is like everyone says, the beginning of this thread is full of speculation that bad feels where caused with the HCL that keeps decomposing, but I got the fumarate, kept 40mg on a mirror for 3 weeks, stayed perfectly white and as potent, but, the first time when I did it right out of the bag, after drinking all night and even some dexedrine thrown in during the night, I ended up at a place my friend told me we could go where even if I didn't know anybody, I could chill and just disconnect. Seemed perfect, and it was perfect, the trip was totally delightful and trippy/positive. The 2 subsequent trips have been darker each time. I've felt very sorry for my bupe and benzo addicted self all night once the initial coming up/hard visual part was gone where my feelings where neutral,unlike acid where I feel like I'm going up some amusement park ride. I am done with this stuff, it has told me what it had to say. I got some 4-aco-det too here, I hope it is gentler.

Getting some 4-aco-dmt soon and I have some questions.
What's a good first dose? I was thinking 10 to 15 mg is this too ambitious?
And what is the best ROA? I don't have a good scale so I was thinking of making a solution so I could measure doses more accurately. What would be the best way to go about this?

Last edited:
Lackasham,
First time I did it, friend and I snorted about 15mg and had an absolutely amazing time. Felt like a very good clean mushroom trip. Also taken 20 - 30th oral with similar effects. Fyi give it a few weeks in between doses due to tolerance.

Edit: to clarify I had 4-ACO-DMT fumarate

I as well will have fumerate. What are the differences between snorting and oral?

Also I have a natural mushroom tolerance having done an eighth a handful of times with light effects. Would this carry over to this substance? I wouldn't think so but just wondering

Only differences I can think of between oral and nasal is duration, dose, and onset times. Quicker onset and lower dose/duration via nasal. As for mushroom cross tolerance I'm not exactly sure, I would imagine there is since I believe they both break down in the liver to psilosin.. maybe start with a a 20mg dose, if there's no cross tolerance it'll be a good strong trip and imo this chem is a lot easier on the mind than mushrooms so you shouldn't have any issues.. maybe someone else can provide some more details on the subject that I may be missing as um kind of curious as well.

Thank you for the information PrettyLightz :) btw saw Pretty Lights live while frying my face off....it was magnificent :D

Hell yeah! I saw him at Coachella 2013 whilst under the influence of some great california LSD and MDMA and he melted my face as well :)
Good luck with your 4-aco-dmt trip, stuff is the tits, Im currently looking for a new source.. let me know how ya like it!

After eyeing this chemical for a while, I finally decided to pick some up. 4-AcO-DMT is the first tryptamine I've ever tried (besides LSD which is really in it's own class). I previously avoided them out of fear of the intense mindfuck that I hear is produced by them - especially DMT/DPT and their analogues. However, after trying 4-AcO-DMT last weekend, it quickly became one of my favorite psychedelics and my opinion on tryptamines has changed. I now prefer 4-AcO-DMT over the various phenethylamines I've tried due to the absence of stimulation. I also found the mindfuck & anxiety easy to handle, however my dose was quite low.

Now onto the trip report. I couldn't wait to try it and decided to trip 6 days after a small dose of 25B-NBOMe. Wanting to start on the low side, I initially took 8mg orally, crushed and parachuted on an empty stomach. In under 15 minutes I noted a strange sedation, similar to a small dose of alprazolam. However, it had a distinctly eerie and bizarre feeling, and had a touch of anxiety. Some light hallucinations set in soon after and consisted mostly of tracers, patterning, and sound and color distortion. Introspection was present as well; peak effects were noted at 45 minutes. It felt very clean, almost no side effects or body load whatsoever. I began to play an online game and noticed intense euphoria, laughter, chatiness, etc. far beyond my (normally) very introverted personality. The first dose began to come down around 3 hours. I redosed several times: 2mg at T+3:00, 2mg at T+3:30, 2mg at T+4:00 and a final 4mg dose at T+5:00 for a total of 18mg. Cannabis was smoked throughout the experience and the trip stayed roughly the same intensity until flaring up after the last dose. Due to the clean and non-stimulating nature of 4-AcO-DMT, sleep was achieved while still tripping at T+7:00.

Overall, I was very pleased with the experience and I am very excited to experiment with higher doses (I will probably post more reports in the future :D). 4-AcO-DMT has earned a special place as one of my favorite psychs along with LSD - I would recommend this chemical to beginner and experienced psychonauts alike.

Yeah 50mg isn't a super heavy dose, just where it starts getting real. So I guess it isn't quite heroic yet. My favorite dose I've done was 84mgs, next time I do it (outside of 35mgs I'm gonna combo with either MXE, DOC, or 5-MeO-MiPT) I want to do at least 100mgs. With 4-AcO-DMT I actually find lower dosing produces more anxiety- a heavy dose may have more extreme anxiety on the come up, but once you peak it's pure & utter bliss, while more standard doses (35mgs for example) will have moments of anxiety/panic/fear at various points throughout the trip.

I agree. This weekend I started off my trip with 20mgs and the comeup was really rough for me, plenty of anxiety and confusion, but once it had settled down into the peak I felt much more comfortable. Directly afterwards I took another 30mg and kept redosing throughout the night until I hit about 90+mg total, combined with MDMA, a bit of weed, and topped off with a little trip out to space with DMT. All's I have to say is: wow.

I have discovered that constant redosing on this substance is absolutely fantastic and it just gets better as the dose increases (in my experience personally). Since the duration is quite short I like to initially redose while I am halfway through the peak, and then again every 30-60 minutes. Through this method I have been able to find a level that I am most comfortable with, increase duration, and experience intense visuals that have provided me with many eye-opening experiences I will remember for the rest of my life. Recommended if you are a seasoned psychonaut with plenty of experience with this substance; it will take you to another realm (in a very good way); however in any situation, caution should always be exercised when taking any dose. I don't think that I would recommend taking a large amount all at once. It seems to be better when it is spanned out over the course of a few hours. It is probably the only substance where I can handle my shit at extremely high doses.. in fact, it's quite enjoyable..

However I do find that when taken orally, this substance can take between 1-3 hours to kick in. Usually this may be resolved by starting with a small bump directly after oral consumption, just to get the ball rolling.

I just got a gram of this stuff in. I'm meeting up with a few friends on Saturday to trip, and I'm delighted that I got this stuff in time.

Today I allergy tested it and then took a threshold dose (7mg -- a "threshold" dose, it's what I measured and I didn't want to put stuff back in the bag). Notable "electric" body feeling during come up and some mild visuals. Very light patterning, but for whatever reason reds were incredibly vibrant. I get this effect on shrooms, but it was strange in this experience because it seemed disproportionate to the rest of the trip. I felt mostly mentally sober, and didn't really have much in the way of visuals, but every red object was a magnet for my eyes.

Anyways, that anecdote aside, I'm tentatively pleased with this substance, and based on my experience I think I'm going to use/recommend to my friends a dose of 20mg or so. The question is, at least one of my friends will be taking DOC that night. Does anyone have any opinions about whether this would combine well with DOC? I'm thinking he'd rather keep his DOC dosage relatively lower to shorten the sleeplessness, and as such might want a booster of something shorter during the plateau.

DOC + 4-AcO-DMT was amazing. I think I took 5mg of DOC and 25mg of 4-AcO-DMT. Very cool 3-D visuals and great synergy in general.

DOC + 4-AcO-DMT was amazing. I think I took 5mg of DOC and 25mg of 4-AcO-DMT. Very cool 3-D visuals and great synergy in general.
Those are some hardhead doses!

I'm glad to hear that you think they synergize well. Looks like I'll be recommending the combo, and will likely try it myself.

I as well will have fumerate. What are the differences between snorting and oral?

Also I have a natural mushroom tolerance having done an eighth a handful of times with light effects. Would this carry over to this substance? I wouldn't think so but just wondering

Of course there is cross tolerance. And personally I can verify that. Snorting 26 mg 4-AcO-DMT (fumarate) 3 days after eating 6g mushrooms did very little for me. I seem to get ~90% of a reset in 1 week; a complete reset in about 2.

Tom

Those are some hardhead doses!

I'm glad to hear that you think they synergize well. Looks like I'll be recommending the combo, and will likely try it myself.

I think 25mg is a pretty average dose for 4-AcO (I am baffled when people tell me they take 50mg+ regularly), but yeah I enjoy DOC in higher doses than others. 5mg is definitely a sweet spot for me, the residual stimulation is a bitch but the peak is amazing.

Yes, and yes. Although opium may dull your experience a bit. If you do indeed have opium I would take/smoke it on the come down. Not sure why there is the red smilie on the corner, please disreguard.

I think 25mg is a pretty average dose for 4-AcO (I am baffled when people tell me they take 50mg+ regularly), but yeah I enjoy DOC in higher doses than others. 5mg is definitely a sweet spot for me, the residual stimulation is a bitch but the peak is amazing.
Wow! That sounds intense. 20mg 4-AcO-DMT alone is already a strong trip for me, moreso when combined with weed. Props to you, I don't think I would be able to handle 25mg 4-AcO-DMT AND 5mg DOC. I am looking forward to a 15mg 4-AcO-DMT + MDA/25B-NBOMe trip, but I will not be doing high doses of either.

I have discovered that constant redosing on this substance is absolutely fantastic and it just gets better as the dose increases (in my experience personally). Since the duration is quite short I like to initially redose while I am halfway through the peak, and then again every 30-60 minutes ... I don't think that I would recommend taking a large amount all at once. It seems to be better when it is spanned out over the course of a few hours.

However I do find that when taken orally, this substance can take between 1-3 hours to kick in.
I agree completely with this statement. 4-AcO-DMT is indeed best taken in multiple, spaced-out doses. Throughout my experimentation with it I came to use a similar process; I typically start with 10-15mg and then redose 5mg every 45-60 minutes until I am at my desired intensity. This is much more desirable than taking 25-30mg at once as the come up is much smoother and the duration is much longer.

Also, a good way to avoid a long oral come-up is dosing sublingually(this is very useful if you have a full stomach or have problems with nausea). Thankfully 4-AcO-DMT does not taste too horrible. Just swish the chemical around your mouth, holding in your saliva for 15-20 minutes before swallowing. Generally it hits in about 20 minutes and is fully peaking within 60. Alternatively, you can eat it on an empty stomach for a similar effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.