View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had some freebase of this safely stored in the freezer for some time now (about 2 years, only slight change in colour over this time), awaiting the moment when I had access to a (nice) scale. I had weighed out some doses on a $30 scale, it was 0.001 g and it belonged to a friend. However, I was stoned when I did it and I didnt do the math right when subtracting the weight of the tray etc so doses of identical amounts were quite clearly off... oops.

I had tried one of the "25 mgs" I weighed out using this *arhem* precise method (haha) and it was nice, but nothing too intense, though my tolerance at the time could have and was likely slightly high and who knows what the dose actually was. (Of note I had tried an initial allergy test and then another unmeasured amount ~5/10mg eyeballed)

Anyways, its now time to give this a more accurate attempt. And I am looking to go furthur. I am experienced in a handful of things in varying (typically higher doses than friends, though not that they dont go far, I always just seem to need more for the same effect.. damn eh?!) and this experience will be in the comfort of my own home with close friends joining in (who get this sort of thing) and likely some one sober, so I am not worried about having a "moment" in public or anything of that sort.

I was thinking of taking a dose of ~30-35 mg (partially due to the notes on the dosage of psilocybin/psilocyn @ erowid about .45mg/kg). Now, I know I know, most would agree this feels nothing like mushrooms/psilocybin/psilocyn. I have never had cyn/bin extracted or synthed but in my limited experience with this compound it felt nothing like any of my many mushroom trips [doses from 2-12 grams of varying quality over 10 years]).. but lets put that aside for the moment shall we please.

Now if one wanted to equate a dose of psilocin to a dose of 4 AcO Dmt, would it be as followed?
HO = 204 g/mol
AcO =246 g / mol .. therefore

to get from a dose of HO to AcO you would multiple the HO dose by 1.2058 = 1+ ([246-204]/204) .. Correct?

Thanks in advance
TOC

i had sort of been planning to trip today. lots of things in my life are going very well, so i wanted to celebrate with a good, strong trip. i have had 4-aco-dmt fumarate for a few years, but "only" tried it four times.

i think i am not very sensitive to it, or my batch may be degraded, so these doses may be a bit high. i first tried 25 mg for a lackluster experience. i've tried ~32 mg doses twice, and each trip was mild to moderate in intensity. and i once tried 45 mg...which was quite an intense experience, where tremoring became a bit too much. therefore, i think my optimum dose would be between 33 and 45 mg, maybe right around 37.5 mg

but like i said, i haven't tried 4-aco-dmt for over 2 years, and i am a bit nervous to. i treat mushrooms with a lot of respect, and wouldn't dose them just for the heck of it. 4-aco-dmt has a reputation for being a deep, somewhat harsh teacher as well...so i feel kinda the same about it. 4-ho-mipt on the other hand, i have come to love, and will dose recreationally without much hesitation at all :)

anyways, i'm a bit worn out after running errands today, so i think i will refrain from tripping at all today, on 4-aco-dmt (as planned) or otherwise.

what's your guys' favorite activity for a 4-aco-dmt trip?

for example, on LSD i like to go for a hike near water, but with a "homebase" to retreat to.
on other psychedelics, i might be more inclined to trip in the comfort of my own home, laying in the dark and listening to music. i think mushrooms might fit into this category. i dunno, i guess i can enjoy a wide variety of activities on any given psychedelic.
4-ho-mipt makes me want to go and do something, but doing things becomes a little bit difficult..

Since 4-aco-dmt is more sedating to me i like to just chill at home with good music and or trippy movies like yellow submarine. Love the stuff.

Yeah, I also find 4-AcO pretty sedating so it's not something I would want to take in a very public space. I like it at home where I also have the option to go outside, because 4-AcO + nature = perfect.

what's your guys' favorite activity for a 4-aco-dmt trip?

Chilling at home with my 3 dogs/2cats. Have some sushi, fruit juice and beer in the fridge and 2-3 horror movies ready to watch. I usually try to watch curling or cricket, but they don't make much sense when tripping (end up watching the movies).

Tom

A friend took either 14 or 18mg of the stuff with some mdma, no tolerance, and only started tripping about 4 hours after ingestion (about 2 hours after mdma). I came up in about an hour on the dose that he didnt have. We'd both eaten an hour before consumption. Is it normal for some people to take ages to come up? He takes about 1h30 to come up on truffles

Sounds like he has a slower drug metabolism... as mushrooms start coming up for me at 30 minutes. 4-AcO-DMT s even faster for me, with a significantly shorter total duration than mushrooms or pure 4-HO-DMT. But 4 hours sounds like an awfully long time, that surprises me. Maybe he was super full from eating? I will eat an hour and a half before eating psychedelics, but only if it's a small amount. I try to eat more like 3-4 hours before so I can have an empty stomach... orally absorbed drugs will take much longer to come up and generally reach a weaker peak when you have food in your stomach.

Also, I think 4-AcO-DMT metabolizes very variably among different people. For many people they're like a drawn out version of mushrooms that's a little different. For me and others I know, it's like eating smoked DMT... very few similarities to mushrooms, the feeling is literally just like smoked DMT but "lower frequency" and not nearly as intense or fast. And it drops off after 2-2.5 hours.

funny you mention how people react differently like that. I seem to be very sensitive to 4aco-dmt. Iv only tried small doses of around 15mg or less and cant imagine going past 25mg in one single dose. I come up very fast on it too (around 20 - 30 mins) and i find its' body high to be very similar to DMT.

i agree, Xorkoth..i found oral 4-aco-dmt to have more similarities to vaped N,N-DMT than to mushrooms. it was like a "lower frequency," more drawn out DMT experience. for me, the CEVs on 45 mg 4-aco-dmt fumarate were incredibly similar to sub-breakthrough doses of DMT.

i wonder how 4-aco-dmt would be for private camping in nature? probably pretty awesome, but i would "settle" for an at home trip too :)

Last edited:
I posted this somewhere else and was redirected to thos board so ill just copy and paste.
So i plan on taking a pretty decent dose of 4acoDMT (20-25mg). However, I am a bit apprehensive it being an RC. (i think its mostly in my head). Ive taken NBOMe multiple times before and was fine so i want to take maybe 1mg no more than 1.5mg of etizolam to ease my anxiousness. I want to ingest the tiz about 10 min before i take the 4aco. How do you think this will affect the trip? Should i wait longer before taking the 4aco? Ingest at the same time maybe? I still want a heavy trip but i guess i want the easiest possible come up and i dont want to snort it(too short of a trip).

4-Aco-DMT is an incredibly safe compound toxicologically speaking, significantly more so than the NBOMEe series. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean about being apprehensive about it being an RC. The etizolam will ease any anxiety but it will also significantly dull the trip, both visually and mentally. If you feel like you have to take etizolam before tripping (which you don't but it's your decision) then consider maybe halving your etizolam dosage.

Captaintom, source? Im sure its safer than nbome but it is an RC so not a lot of human studies... Anyhow, dont think ill be dosing the tiz with it. Just having it around in case should be enough.

4-AcO-DMT has been around for a long time (over half a century! -- just checked it out and it was patented by Hoffman in 1963) and as far as I know there's been limited reports of physical problems.

Captaintom, source? Im sure its safer than nbome but it is an RC so not a lot of human studies... Anyhow, dont think ill be dosing the tiz with it. Just having it around in case should be enough.

4-Aco has no reported cases of fatal overdose. NBOMes have killed a number of people at a variety of doses. (See here http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nbome/nbome_death.shtml and here http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/690574-List-of-Nbome-deaths). The LD50 for 4-Aco is currently unknown but we can reasonably assume that it would be more or less identical to that of psilocin.

Sounds like a good idea to have the tiz around, it's always nice to have a benzo (or thiazepine, whatever...) around in case things do turn sour. I highly doubt you'll need them though. You're gonna have an amazing trip!

I posted this somewhere else and was redirected to thos board so ill just copy and paste.
So i plan on taking a pretty decent dose of 4acoDMT (20-25mg). However, I am a bit apprehensive it being an RC. (i think its mostly in my head). Ive taken NBOMe multiple times before and was fine so i want to take maybe 1mg no more than 1.5mg of etizolam to ease my anxiousness. I want to ingest the tiz about 10 min before i take the 4aco. How do you think this will affect the trip? Should i wait longer before taking the 4aco? Ingest at the same time maybe? I still want a heavy trip but i guess i want the easiest possible come up and i dont want to snort it(too short of a trip).

You really don't need it. It doesn't give you any paranoia unless you already have problems in which case shouldn't be doing it. Its very beautiful and spiritual in a relaxing way...if you take 10mg x 2 spaced between one hr the come up wont be so anxious...and you'll have a lot of fun in a safe environment, just put some beautiful classical music on and open your mind.
I could almost see/touch my thoughts and it was very beautiful what I saw. It felt like being in Gods arms and the universe was pure harmony.

I dislike 4-aco and find it to be everybit as anxiogenic as psilocybin, but ofcourse thats just me

Well if he's worried and has it already I'd say keep it on stand by but I wouldn't take it beforehand as it may render the 4acodmt useless or very weak which isn't fulfilling in my opinion

I wouldn't say eitz renders it useless. It took about 20 experiences before I found out that the anxiety vanishes after the come up and quit taking etiz before any trip. IME it is very hit or miss, I've taken 20mg with 2mgs producing a wonderful experience and Ive also taken 40mgs with 1mg resulting in a lack luster trip. 60mgs+mgs I trip hard despite how much etizolam I take.

Status
Not open for further replies.