Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Mad Manic Meo 3nity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thanks Bluuberry!
That is some really awesome info! I have always been into TCM. Especially with experimenting with psychedelics & dissos.

Is there another thread that you have started or any links that have more information about TCM stuff.
I would love to read more on it.

I know the day after I have done tryptamines, it feels like my body has been beaten up. Every muscle is sore. When I take a break from substances, I do acupuncture (self taught ?)
Both acupuncture and acupressure been felt very beneficial to everything from headaches, to fatigue, to relieving body/stress/tension.

I worry about my kidney and bladder especially on 4-subs. I can definitely feel kidney pains and maybe bladder problems. I try to make sure I am plenty hydrated with water before injesting any kind of psychedelic or disso.

Sorry to get off topic guys

Uhhhh... Something about tree meow! Sorry for getting off topic guys. He asked, I had info, I answered.. I thought I'd do it in the thread instead of just PMing him because this info could be useful for all of us, might as well share I suppose?

I think that you doing a thread would be AweSomE! I think it is useful. And some may be into and some may not be in to it..
To each his own. I am certainly interested.

Wow, Bluuberry, that´s a very kind post!. Thanks for taking the time to write all that info. I think Im going to get that Tierra´s book. In my case, it feels like cold/empty/drained kidneys, in very precise ocasions when doing prolonged parties/festivals and sometimes after long sex intercourses, but not always, the variable that triggers it is still an incognita to me, because other times, with way more drugs/hours it doesn´t manifest. I suspect that depends of the companies of the day... It feels like doubth/fear/evasion, which is something I have a bit in excess in my life.

Also feeling like we are kidnaping the thread, did you said there´s a TCM thread around?

Even me, and skeptical, not really spiritual guy, appreciate the wise words that are beeing spread here about so deep stuff! <3 This thread is gold, the most interesting thing I read on the internet in years. This post even converted myself from a looooong time lurker to an active member in bluelight :D

No there's no TCM thread yet, I will start one soon, I'm just not sure how to start it off. The topic is so broad and I need to check everything I write with multiple sources so that I don't steer anyone in the wrong direction, so it's time-consuming.. That post probably took me an hour to write, I'm not the best typist either! I will get around to it when I have free time soon though, as soon as I figure out how I want to do it. Maybe start off with some basic knowledge that I'll add to whenever I can, and let the thread proceed as a Q & A so I can specifically cover things people want to hear about instead of just going off on tangents. Also I'll probably not post it in PD since it doesn't have much to do with psychs specifically, most of the info is relevant for any person, drug user of any sort or not.

Hexagon, I highly recommend it. It's the best book on TCM I've ever read. Vol I, which is the book that I quoted from, is specifically about the foundational knowledge, then gets into diagnosis and treatment. Vol II is the materia medica. I use Planetary Herbology, also by Tierra, as my materia medica instead of Vol II of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, because Vol II deals mostly with Traditional Chinese herbs, whereas Planetary Herbology uses the methodology of the TCM system to divide up herbs from all over the world into categories that make it useful to reference. For example, say you need an herb to Tonify Kidney Yin, there is a whole section with describing which herbs do precisely that, from China, India, Europe, North America, etc., and explanations about how and why each herb works, so that one can see the commonalities in WHY the herbs are working, and potentially substitute a local herb instead of always turning to medicines that are coming from the other side of the planet.

Hexagon it's hard for me to say why sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. The most likely explanation has to do with stores of energy in your kidney at that precise moment, as well as what season it is, how hydrated you are, and what food you have been eating. Remember that the Kidneys are the Gate of your essential vitality - if they are undernourished there is a cascading effect that will end up with the entire body being depleted in various ways. There are very detailed reasons why this happens, but again I'll save it for the TCM thread (which again, doesnt exist yet, I'll try to work on it later today)

On a note about tree meow - not trying to encourage any sort of abuse with this substance, but I wanted to note for the purposes of anecdotal information, however useful that may or may not be; I have surprisingly found it much more kind to body and mind than MXE. Not sure if it's just this particular batch of 3meo since that's all I have experience with vs the many different kinds of MXE I tried which all seemed different, some feeling more toxic than others. I did have an existential, schizo crisis for a day or two a couple weeks ago while on 3-meo, but that was mostly due to thoughts that have been swirling in my head for over a decade and have nothing to do with drugs, as well as some extenuating circumstances at the time that put me in a weakened emotional state. So, as usual, pay attention to set and setting to avoid getting tripped out in an unpleasant way.. Just because it's versatile, don't forget to give proper respect where respect is due.

I love the clearheaded stimulation. Been organizing things that I have been unable to deal with for years, sorting and purging junk boxes I have moved from house to house, etc. Feeling so creatively inspired. Work has kept me busy lately but I've been craving to get back into hobbies that I abandoned in the last year or two due to so much stress causing me to decide that "I dont have time" to do those things. Right now I really don't have much time due to work, but when that settles down I'm looking forward to channeling this tree meow energy waterfall into some arts.

Whoa thats a long post! Came back to edit because I wanted to mention last night. I was flying high on 3-meo and whether it matters or not I don't know, but I had drank 6 IPAs and was feeling incredible, and I decided to smoke a little DMT. I've smoked DMT on dissos before and it's always pretty sick but this time I was so stimulated from the 3-meo that instead of closing my eyes and falling back into hyperspace, I felt compelled to move. I was playing music on my studio monitors and ended up getting into some pretty bizarre dancing. I could see energy bouncing off the walls in the form of sound and light, everything got super digital, and I was extremely mobile which is something I NEVER get with DMT. It was crazy. I kept taking little tiny puffs and keeping the experience going, for at least an hour or two.

At one point I did take a big hit and go deep with my eyes closed, and wow. Just wow. I was shown the solution to a problem I've been having at work. Something I just couldn't seem to figure out, and all of a sudden the answer came to me with stunning clarity. I wrote it down in case I forgot, but that ended up not being an issue. Anyways, people always want to know if any real progress happens from all this fun shit, so there's an anecdote where something really DID come of it. Solving problems at 5 am on tree meow and DMT, if only they knew. ;)

Last edited:
Once I gave DMT to a naive psych girl and to my astounding, instead of lay in bed she started to dance in my room!! Muhaha, maybe we have so deeply programmed how to ride DMT that sometimes let the substance show us the energies of the moment can be the right way, so to speak.

Thanks again for all crunchy long post!. 100% agree that 3 meow feels gentler on the body and the clarity of thought and creative output is superb!

Another horror story

I have a friend that did too much...blacked out and did his whole bag....probably hundreds of mgs to a gram. he ended up in the hospital with kidney failure after running the street naked. The had to catheter him and flush him out or something. Its been two days since this happened and he is still high he says, with the typical stuttered speech you have during high doses of dissos.

Will he ever come down? two days seems like a lot to still be as fucked up as he is...still dissociated, manic etc. Im wondering how long it will be till he can speak normally again.

He says he experienced some amazing shit in a very deep hole that he can't articulate but Im dying the hear what it was.

What lives we live..

"Bro im dying to hear what happened before you hit the hospital"

I'm sorry that your friend flipped out, I cant imagine doing that much, sounds fucking horrible. Scary to hear that his kidney failed. I don't think 2 days is a long time if he really consumed that much. I'm guessing he will need a couple weeks to come to baseline. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, again, sorry to hear that happened.

ps. Im curious what happened to him too, didnt mean to make it sound like I was belittling anything.

It wouldn't be uncommon if it were kidney failure from rhabdo breaking down muscle and poisoning the blood with it - either way yeah I guess you'd flush the drug and/or the rhabdo debris - fortunate if you don't have to go on dialysis at that point? I wonder about toxicity and what it says about lower doses, and would help to know if it was the rhabdo.

Sorry to hear that happened! I did a little much over the weekend, but other than sort of a hypomanic drive that was pretty much just enjoyed, I did not even get hallucinogenic type effects or not much - must be super tolerant to that part of the effects at this point. It helps my back pain etc though, for a pretty damn long time - although it isn't healthy and I worry about fucking it up even more not feeling it.

Doesn't sound weird at all for such a lipophilic drug to linger very long in the body, especially at very high doses - days is normal for it even at more standard doses so he might take more than a week... if he is getting coherent after two days that actually doesn't seem like a bad sign at all all things considered. Others have reported much longer schizo / psycho admissions.

It helps my back pain etc though, for a pretty damn long time - although it isn't healthy and I worry about fucking it up even more not feeling it.

It really does help as much as a light opiate like 10-20 mg of hydrocodone for back pain. The only problem is that you become much more mentally altered than you would with an opiate...but on the upside you don't become physically addicted to something.

So is rhabdo just a possibility or does it definitely happen from regular use, regardless of other factors?

I had my kidneys checked after a year and half long binge on MXE, having gone through at least a couple ounces of it in that time period, and they said everything seemed normal. I don't know if they could see rhabdo from that particular test orr? As much as I love this shit I may have to rethink my game plan if rhabdo is an eventuality. I know that it can happen spontaneously to certain people, but it seems that I'm not one of those people judging from past excesses that ended up just fine. Never done anything crazy like go through a whole gram of any of these potent ones, just long term regular dosing. Im sure it's not the best thing for me but I'd be more worried if I'm literally destroying my kidneys vs just perhaps taxing them. I mean I realize alcohol is bad for my liver but I still drink, because it's not going to immediately cause me to shut down even if there is wear and tear in the long run. Wondering if the same sort of comparison can be made for dissos? Not that one can really do much with analogy here, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Seems like a possibility and not quite sure if it has a particular mechanism or is from extreme overexertion and things like myoclonus, the latter explanation seems consistent and sort of matches that of what can happen with stimulant abuse even if as a psychoactive not that much is shared with PCP like disso's.

So no, I believe it's mostly an acute risk especially with big doses, you wouldn't really suspect it as a result of normal dose chronic use from what I know?

Last edited:
Ill have to research myoclonus, Ive never heard of it before and not sure what you mean about how it relates, maybe Ill understand after I do some reading up on it.

Thanks for getting back to me about that, I was a little freaked for a second. It seems to only happen to people who do huge doses or k-heads that go through grams of powder every day for years. At this point I put less than 50mg in my body in any given day so I don't think I'm at the same risk level. Also seems like k is especially bad on the body when abused compared to mxe or tree.

Rhabdomyalosis ( if that's what happened) would be from an acute overdose and not from an extended period of normal dosing

My understanding is that Ketamine seems to be the most physically taxing dissociative followed by PCP. Of the new ones I feel MXE to be more taxing than 3 Meo PCP which honestly just makes me feel really refreshed after using it with no "hungover" or toxic feeling to speak of. Even MXE felt like it posessed some minor degree of " icky" feeling in my body. 3 meo is smooth as all get-out.

Ketamine is actually extremely safe, it's sometimes still used in anesthesia because of its safety profile and relative lack of side effects. However, chronic abuse of ketamine seems to be quite damaging, especially to the kidneys/bladder.

Does anyone else get a diuretic effect from 3-meo-pcp?

It certainly is diuretic to me, and I also feel extremely thirsty sometimes when on it

It certainly is diuretic to me, and I also feel extremely thirsty sometimes when on it

Well, compared to other dissos it feels diuretic, but I doubt it really is. What this is for me, is anorexic. After a week binging I'm still recovering my eating habits :(

Yeah I've been anorexic as fuck lately taking this, coming in waves. Sometimes I'll be eating like once a day for a couple days and then Ill suddenly get hungry and eat 2 or 3 big meals at once, literally. The other day I ate a huge sandwich at like 4 am, then decided I needed to make another one, and after that I was STILL hungry. Weird. Some people said it improved their eating habits, wish that happened for me. I'd rather do projects than eat when I take it.

Xorkoth, yeah, I should have been more specific. I agree that ketamine seems to have an awesome safety profile at single doses, just the long term abuse of it that seems (anecdotally!) to cause even more problems than when people abuse some of these novel dissos, -dines excluded because those seem toxic as fuck. It's just surprising to me, I expected a massive fall out of health problems in the hordes of MXE users but it seems everyone got less fucked up than if they had been caning the K all day like that. All just speculation based on anecdotes so I dont want anyone to read into this idea, just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.