• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

So, I think I'll explore 2C-E gradually.

The NBOME series, I am a bit wary of for now, I'm not sure if I'll try again. But the visuals seemed interesting, and I'm looking for a PEA compound that I could explore them with, and with the widest margin of safety that these RC's could offer. I'm thinking 2C-E would be my best option.

Also, I found an emotional coldness from the 25C-NBOME. It actually seemed quite wrong that I could be so clear headed, and yet witnessing stunning visual entertainment. It seemed like a kind of vacuous eye candy, not that that's a complaint.

I found 2c-e to be pretty emotionally cold. I had to "find" the euphoria. It was like, I'm tripping balls, and these visuals are fantastic, but so what....

I would say 2c-i is better for a nice warm PEA trip. I also think 2c-i has "prettier" visuals than 2c-e. Though 2c-e's visuals are "deeper" if that makes any sense. Either way, they're both 10x better than any nbome, ime.

I found 2c-e to be pretty emotionally cold. I had to "find" the euphoria. It was like, I'm tripping balls, and these visuals are fantastic, but so what....

I would say 2c-i is better for a nice warm PEA trip. I also think 2c-i has "prettier" visuals than 2c-e. Though 2c-e's visuals are "deeper" if that makes any sense. Either way, they're both 10x better than any nbome, ime.

Yes yes, I found 25C-NBOME to be icy cold. It brought me to an introspective stage where I realised all thoughts are mechanical, and then it dropped me. No healing. Also, I found that the visuals were, how can I say, under the surface, yet, when I focused on paintings, they came alive into movies.

So, is 2c-e similar like that? If so, then that is what I want to explore further, by pushing the dosage. My question is then... can I push the dosage more safely with 2c-e rather than 25C-NBOME?

i've had high doses of a couple NBOMes, as well as high doses of 2C-E, and high doses of 2C-E definitely felt safer than high doses of NBOMes.

both of them have the potential for train wrecks though, so be careful.

2ce was one of the best trips i've ever had. i would love to get some more of this. i took an unknown amount poured in a water bottle. it lasted 12 hours. the first 3 consisted of nothing but laying around in a blanket. the visuals were completely amazing... fractals everywhere, imagination became real, everything was alive. i lots of clarity. i don't remember a lot about the trip because it was so long ago and so intense. 2ce is verrrry intense. i thought i was out of my body for a lot of it. man i'd love to try 2ce again! if you wanna try this, i definitely would. it was pretty life changing.

2ce was one of the best trips i've ever had. i would love to get some more of this. i took an unknown amount poured in a water bottle. it lasted 12 hours. the first 3 consisted of nothing but laying around in a blanket. the visuals were completely amazing... fractals everywhere, imagination became real, everything was alive. i lots of clarity. i don't remember a lot about the trip because it was so long ago and so intense. 2ce is verrrry intense. i thought i was out of my body for a lot of it. man i'd love to try 2ce again! if you wanna try this, i definitely would. it was pretty life changing.
I get heart pains even before my trip gets 1/10 this intense. I guess that's what I get for my past abuse of 2C-E, however even when I was new it didn't do the shit you're saying. I can relate to the laying in a blanket for extended amounts of time though

what is your favorite way of taking 2C-E? Yesterday me and my mate took 15mg each in gelatine capsule's and felt mild stoned-like feeling, and very gentle, subtle visuals. According to whats written at trip reports, we had high expectations, so we were a bit disappionted, do you maybe have any idea, why the trip wasn't so intense as we thought it would be? Was the dosing to low? Or should we maybe dissolve the 2CE in some liquid and ingest it? I'd appreciate some helpful answers. big hellou from EU :)

If you dissolved it in liquid and took it orally it would be exactly the same besides the fact you would come up quickly. Sometimes trips just aren't what you expect them to be, theres a saying around here that if you have incredibly high expectations the trip always seems to fall out. You could try a higher dose especially if your an experienced tripper as 2c-E has a wacky dose/response curve........ I would got for 17 mgs or maybe more if your experienced with tripping.

The expectations really were high, but after reading of realms, cathedrals and whiteouts, we were certain that exp. cant influence that much. I consider myself as experienced, so we will go for 20mgs next time. The visuals were really subtle, like fractals turning up on a wall, along with some joy mostly in the head, are this effects of 2C-E coming up? I hope we have the real thing here :)

15mg is a pretty low dose for me, and 20mg is a pretty moderate-strong dose, so hopefully it won't disappoint as much. My sweetspot dose is anywhere from 22-25mg and it gets really quite powerful at that range, but also the side effects profile can grow dramatically as well.

What side effects do you have in mind? Is possible to lessen them? I was surprised this time, because we were laughing during the trip and tears came so easily. Do you think body weight influences on quantity of mg's one have to take? I am really looking foward to explore this psychedelic, though plainning to wait for a month and a half to trip again. How long do you think its safe to wait before trying it again?

A week should be fine, although if you want to be absolutely sure, give it 2 weeks. A month and a half is morethan adequate.

I don't body weight has much to do with it as much as idiosyncratic differences in brain chemistry (ie receptor density, etc) and differences in set and setting. I don't think it's very well understood what causes subjective variation in experiences between different subjects, though.

Anyway, as far as side effects, GI issues like nausea and stomach discomfort, as well as muscle tension can become more noticeable. But if you didn't experience any of that at 15mg, I wouldn't worry about it too much, doing so will only make you nervous & you may produce psychosomatic effects if you over-think it.

After a 1-3 mg allergy test., I started out with 7mg.

Muscle aches, tension. Uncomfortable. Minor visual disturbance and it felt like an MDMA comedown. An hour to 2 after I dose, I need to go to bed. The sedation is heavy, and I can't keep my eyes open. Eventually the hours pass, and I feel OK. The whole thing felt like a hangover in reverse. Even similar to LSA in a way, though nowhere near as nauseous.

An 11mg dose the next night was more of the same.

I really wasn't expecting the heavy sedation from this. The mindstate was very scattered, and thoughts went on tangents, erotic tangents. Not much of a psychedelic state, and definitely no clear-headed "cutting-edge" that I associate with a trip.

I know these doses are very low, so I'm hoping that upping the dosage might allow me to break through some of the side effects. Or they might get worse.

Next up, 15mg.

Actually the majority of users find low dose PEA's to be horrendously annoying and I know i'm one of them. You just manifest all the irky side effects without any of the portions you actually want, wheres the desire in that? If you ram over 15mgs, yes the side effects may increase but the positive benefits will as well. 12-15mgs is the beginning point where I would say the more real trip begins and you leave the side effects behind for the most part.

I still am not sure where Shulgin got '12-24mg' or whatever he recommended. 24mg is a lot.

Mind you of all the drugs he tasted, knew, and loved (we are talking in the hundreds here), 2C-E is the one that put him in a hospital. At 15mg! A 20mg report of his, he said he 'cracked up' and if you read deeper you will understand what he meant. I believe 20mg is the max Shulgin took, the 24mg report in the PIHKAL 2C-E entry seems to be from one of his research group.

I am revisiting the idea of taking 2C-E again. Having had the 'infamous STP' I can say 2C-E is easily as intense...just shorter duration.

Either way, I've had 2C-E at 16, 18, and 20, then back down to 12mg the last time. The 16 was twice as intense as 12, and 20 was twice as intense as 16mg. I know myself and my mind and I can say 20mg is the max! Just strange Shulgin says '24mg' max when he lowballs everything else by half! 24max 2C-B, hah! 30mg max 2C-T-7, hah! 40mg 2C-C...seriously? I know he was always being conservative in his dosages and God bless him.

24mg 2C-E...not on your life. 20mg was the max for me.

After a 1-3 mg allergy test., I started out with 7mg.

Muscle aches, tension. Uncomfortable. Minor visual disturbance and it felt like an MDMA comedown. An hour to 2 after I dose, I need to go to bed. The sedation is heavy, and I can't keep my eyes open. Eventually the hours pass, and I feel OK. The whole thing felt like a hangover in reverse. Even similar to LSA in a way, though nowhere near as nauseous.

I really wasn't expecting the heavy sedation from this. The mindstate was very scattered, and thoughts went on tangents, erotic tangents. Not much of a psychedelic state, and definitely no clear-headed "cutting-edge" that I associate with a trip.

I know these doses are very low, so I'm hoping that upping the dosage might allow me to break through some of the side effects. Or they might get worse.

Next up, 15mg.

11mg the following night may have resulted in a some tolerance issue. I found 12mg to be psychedelic, and anything beyond 18mg to be too disorienting. I have friends who say 25mg+ produces wonderful visuals, especially when approaching 40mg. To that I say Yikes! I'll stay low with this one, between 12 and 18. ANd yes, less can be kind of annoying. 7mg may not be worth eating. Snorting that amount has had me tripping very hard, very fast.

15mg will probably be a good dose for you, especially if you're looking for something strong. I don't think the unpleasant body effects should be any more. I found at 20mg+ that the tensions in my body were unpleasant. It has been written by some that 25mg of DPH (benadryl) prior to dosing will help the body to avoid all unpleasant body sensations. I personally have not tried this. I found out about it after my stash disappeared.

Good Luck! Enjoy!

For reference....based on my experience with DOM and 2C-E......2C-E is half as potent as DOM. Using the low end for reference, 5mg DOM would be like 10mg 2C-E. I can't believe Shulgin recommends up to 24mg 2C-E...that's a very calculated thing based on his PRACTICE of lowballing his recommended dosages for everything else.

I still am not sure where Shulgin got '12-24mg' or whatever he recommended. 24mg is a lot.

Mind you of all the drugs he tasted, knew, and loved (we are talking in the hundreds here), 2C-E is the one that put him in a hospital. At 15mg! A 20mg report of his, he said he 'cracked up' and if you read deeper you will understand what he meant. I believe 20mg is the max Shulgin took, the 24mg report in the PIHKAL 2C-E entry seems to be from one of his research group.

I am revisiting the idea of taking 2C-E again. Having had the 'infamous STP' I can say 2C-E is easily as intense...just shorter duration.

Either way, I've had 2C-E at 16, 18, and 20, then back down to 12mg the last time. The 16 was twice as intense as 12, and 20 was twice as intense as 16mg. I know myself and my mind and I can say 20mg is the max! Just strange Shulgin says '24mg' max when he lowballs everything else by half! 24max 2C-B, hah! 30mg max 2C-T-7, hah! 40mg 2C-C...seriously? I know he was always being conservative in his dosages and God bless him.

24mg 2C-E...not on your life. 20mg was the max for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, tolerance may have played an issue, and I've just taken 16mg, so even more so. I won't be able to experiment again for a few days.
I think the sedation may just be how stims affect me... even on MDMA I curl up in a ball too!

was a bad idea. psychedelic tolerance is a bit difference than tolerance to other drugs, dosing two days in a row requires a LOT more the second day. the tolerance is gone in a few days with low doses. the second day trip usually ends up just being even more physical side effects and less mental effects.

Next up, 15mg.

you should be able to handle 15mg, but keep in mind that your 11mg dose may have actually been weaker than your 7mg dose, due to next-day tolerance.

Mind you of all the drugs he tasted, knew, and loved (we are talking in the hundreds here), 2C-E is the one that put him in a hospital. At 15mg!

seems like i should know this story, but i don't recall it. where did you read it at?