• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

Welp, I'm reporting a 2nd hand experience. A friend of mine was recently given 100mg of some of 2C-E. After an already long night of partying
Do you know what other drugs or psychedelics he consumed that night? Possibly a small measure of cross tolerance could have been working in his favor?

Last edited:
I am actually way more nervous about 2C-E than 2C-P. I don't find 2C-E very mescaline-like at all, personally. Mescaline, to me, even at 550mg orally of pure mescaline, was gentle and loving and comfortable, I felt very much in the driver's seat. every time I've taken mescaline (every other time has been cactus), I feel a boundless love, almost MDMA-like. I haven't found it very visual, and it feels really great in my body and mind.

In contrast, 2C-E feels emotionally neutral, godlike almost, It has a heavy bodyload and is a difficult experience, very rewarding though. I have had at least period of heavy anxiety and difficulty on every 2C-E trip I've had. It's also extremely visual for me.

I also had one of my few +4 experiences on 2C-E. I watched what I can only describe as the 5th dimension spread out before and behind me, wider as the moments progressed forward and backward. If the 4th dimension is time, and its plane is the entire spacetime continuum from beginning to end, it is just an infinitely thin slice of the 5th dimension, probability, a different arrangement of how things could have gone in the history of spacetime. I could see alternate paths branching out... I step forward, I step left, I step right, I don't move. I saw that spread behind me... I could have not been here, I could have been over there, I could stayed upstairs, I could have not taken 2C-E. It was overwhelming. I also had a thought loop that was slowly dismantling all of my rationalizations as to why I existed and this wasn't an illusion, and the peak was, I woke up from the dream, and I was a single, dimensionless point in an abyss, infinitely lonely. I struggled back and wanted my/our dream to continue. I felt I had doomed all of existence to end, even if it wasn't real, it was a lovely dream. No matter how horrible it can be, it was better than empty nothingness with no one and nothing. I considered cutting my wrists or throat with a kitchen knife that was nearby, to save us all, but thought no, you very well might just be tripping the most balls you've ever tripped, ride it out.

It was terrifying and incredible, and altered my conception of things.

Every other 2C-E trip I've had was not like that, though. Although extremely intense, still. I consider 2C-E the most intensely psychedelic compound I've done (though I still have a few to check off my list, like 5-MeO-DMT and DPT)
5-MeO DMT, you couldn't persuade me to take again. Nowt like it's methoxy free relative. DPT, now, just supplying it in a sterile solution is all it would require for me to have it again. In total, I think I've had it almost a dozen times, although the best was combined with little ketamine, as the first 10 minutes is the closest I can imagine what a jet fighter ejector seat feels with. Utterly amazing, but with equal capacity for epiphanies and scaring the living shit out of me (via all three routes of ingestion: about half a dozen times via IM, two or three intranasal and once orally. Orally was a bit physically uncomfortable, nasally probably best for most, but IM is pure Jesus fucking Christ on a bike! 😁

Ugh... 5MeO DMT made me feel like a rhino had sat on me. N,N-DMT & 7,N,N-TMT seemed the best. I turned down 5-MeO AMT. Too scary (especially since it's 2-carbon homologue made me feel so bad).

I guess 'Captain F&B and the DIPTFighters' would be an excellent album.

7,N,N-TMT seemed the best.

Really intrested to hear more about this, never heard of anyone doing trials with that. How did it feel, did you vape the stuff. The trip was similar to DMT, what was the dose and duration?

Ugh... 5MeO DMT made me feel like a rhino had sat on me. N,N-DMT & 7,N,N-TMT seemed the best. I turned down 5-MeO AMT. Too scary (especially since it's 2-carbon homologue made me feel so bad).

I smoked/dabbed the actual toad 5-meo-DMT. Like the dried glands that they extract I ended up getting and I will NEVER do that game. I went to hell and it was very dark and not enjoyable, thought I was gonna die, maybe I almost did.....N,N, DMT that I know was of high purity was much funnier and more euphoric and much brighter happier visuals

Really intrested to hear more about this, never heard of anyone doing trials with that. How did it feel, did you vape the stuff. The trip was similar to DMT, what was the dose and duration?

It's much like DMT but seems more relaxed. At low doses you can just get a 'happy buzz' from it. We went through all of the 7-methyl derivatives with a couple of interesting finds. But it requires optical resolution of those examples that have carbons on the alkyl beyond the amine. One isomer is a 5HT2a ligand, the other is a pretty potent triple-releaser and likely a reuptake inhibitor.

In essence, the 7-methyl sits in the same spot as the 4-methyl of DOM but of course it's still going to be munched by P450 enzymes so duration is shorter.

It's much like DMT but seems more relaxed. At low doses you can just get a 'happy buzz' from it. We went through all of the 7-methyl derivatives with a couple of interesting finds. But it requires optical resolution of those examples that have carbons on the alkyl beyond the amine. One isomer is a 5HT2a ligand, the other is a pretty potent triple-releaser and likely a reuptake inhibitor.

In essence, the 7-methyl sits in the same spot as the 4-methyl of DOM but of course it's still going to be munched by P450 enzymes so duration is shorter.
Here is your reference for him

That's 5MeO DMT which as I have noted elsewhere, overlays the 2,5-dimethoxy 4-<something> pattern seen in the PEA 5HT2a ligands.

But while Shulgin resolved some of the chiral PEAs he made, I don't see any examples of him doing the same for chiral tryptamines. Unless someone saw a paper I missed.

Even that recent patent on tryptamines doesn't seem to resolve them. OK it's hard to get over 95% ee, but 95% is pretty good - I mean medicines only require that level of optical resolution.

that publication is the it was still unscheduled in America so that should date it right there

Yeah - that article kind of underscores the fact that it's an enzyme substrate. After all, be it inhibitor or substrate, it tells you the enzymes involved.

I love reading back what I wrote and realizing I never proof reads my texts, sorry for that.

Always interesting to me that different people view different substances so differently.

I hope I can gain the courage to try 2C-E again. My last go with it they announced a global pandemic right as I was peaking. 🥴

It's fascinating to me that those longer 4-alkyls are so potent (LogP I guess) and that people have made even longer chains with O and S (in it's +2 state) and that those compounds are different again. That 4 position is where the magic is. The 2,5-oxygen species is purely there for affinity (and to stop metabolism).

The band I was in, in my 20s, did 'Ejection' as the encore song. More because me and the bassist could play it fucked out of our minds on beer, weed & speed (and it's a fucking brilliant song).

I have gone through the details in great detail elsewhere. The logic for choosing to explore the 7-,methyl tryptamines, reference to the original Upjohn work and what further steps we took to provide absolute configuration data (chiral resolution).

In short, to 7,N,N-DMT it's very similar quantitatively and qualitatively to DMT. Not quite as potent and seems to require higher doses to talk to the pixies so you can get a range of effects - not the abrupt breakthrough.

As the alkyl chain get's longer thus the compounds are chiral, one is a 5HT2a ligand (trippy), the other is a triple releaser (an entactogen).

What about tolerance with this magnificient substance?

Up to now I have done good practice and waited 14+ days between trips

Any remark about it or is it lsd-like? I guess it might be somewhat similar due to it is a (relatively) long trip

What about cross tolerance with DOx? (DOM for example)?

That 4 position is where the magic is. The 2,5-oxygen species is purely there for affinity (and to stop metabolism).
so, please smack me if i'm wayyy off here... but does this mean the 2,5-thiomethyl broheim of 2-ce ought to be a winner avocado roll dinner?

What about tolerance with this magnificient substance?

Up to now I have done good practice and waited 14+ days between trips
Tolerance is certainly present with 2ce. It was my first RC and I was a bit wreckless with it, as far as frequent dosing. While you *can* trip on it two days in a row, I found the 2nd day to be drastically reduced in effects. In short, it's not worth dosing more often than your current practice.

There seems to be a small consensus of agreement that frequent/repeated dosing of 2ce is more likely than other psychedelics to cause HPPD.

Damn I miss 2C-E. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve had the opportunity to use it. Haven’t seen it pop up anywhere unfortunately. Had some of my greatest journeys with that beautiful compound. I just ordered some 2C-B, but nothing (Phenethylamines) can match the depth and intensity provided by 2C-E.

This will be the first time trying 2C-B. For whatever reason it’s the only main 2c-x I’ve never tried. What goes well with 2C-B? I have 3-ho-pcp, 4-ho-met, 5-mapb, mda, and dmt.

Damn I miss 2C-E. It’s been over 10 years since I’ve had the opportunity to use it. Haven’t seen it pop up anywhere unfortunately. Had some of my greatest journeys with that beautiful compound. I just ordered some 2C-B, but nothing (Phenethylamines) can match the depth and intensity provided by 2C-E.

This will be the first time trying 2C-B. For whatever reason it’s the only main 2c-x I’ve never tried. What goes well with 2C-B? I have 3-ho-pcp, 4-ho-met, 5-mapb, mda, and dmt.
Never mixed 2cb with 5-mapb or dmt, but I have with all of the others you listed and I really enjoyed it. I imagine it'd go great with 5-mapb. Unsure about DMT but don't see why not. Only drug I ever combined with 2cb that I didn't enjoy was meth