View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-B Thread - Stage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't tell HBr from HCl visually. You have to ask your chemical supplier what salt the product is in. They're the only people who will know.

The Hcl. I've seen was a pure white crystiline powder, while the Hbr. was in longer crystal shards with a light brownish tint, the acetate had a slightly grey tint and was a chalky like powder. There are some visual cues if it hasn't been cut.

^hmm, Honestly it's more than likely just the fact that they come from different batches and have different impurities that causes the colour differences. I'd be very surprised is completely pure 2C-B of various salts actually looked different.

shulgin and hoffman may never have taken unknown quantities but the compounds they were taking were themselves unknown - to the whole world, let alone the experimentors. i'm sure that taking an unknown chemical is more daring than consuming a dose of a known compound i have personally previously consumed on dozens of occassions which may have a small variance in size, and i could not respect the works of shulgin and hoffman if i thought their methodology was unacceptably reckless.

I believe it was 5-TOM.... but there were times when things probably went a little too far... When your doseing new drugs and an individual goes catatonic, you should have started lower....

(with 40 mg) I knew that I was sinking into a deep reverie after an hour into it. I was not totally unconscious since I seemed to respond to external stimuli (at least most of the time). But I certainly wasn't all that much there. The exper-ience dominated completely. At one point (perhaps the peak?) I remember seeing a very quiet sea with a horizontal shoreline and a clear sky. This image seemed to come back rather frequently. At other times I would see a set of disjointed horizontal lines on this beach. These lines reminded me of spectral lines. For a short period of time I thought they were some kind of expression of my energy levels that I didn't understand. In retrospect, I suspect the horizontal lines were only expressions of how my mind was reacting to the material. I don't remember talking to anyone until I had started to come down from the experience. I eventually could see real images, but they were greatly distorted. It was as if I was looking at Cubism paintings by Picasso, having intense and strange colorations. As I came back into the real world, I realized that I had had an extraordinary trip. I had not been afraid at any time. The experience seemed unique, but quite benign. The experience for my fellow travelers was probably much more anxious. I wasn't particularly interested in food when I came down. I slept well. I was quite lethargic the next day. It really took me another day to integrate back into normal life. Would I repeat it? Possibly, but at a way smaller dose.

It turns out that this individual required half the dose of other people for chemicals in the TOxx family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreams
shulgin and hoffman may never have taken unknown quantities but the compounds they were taking were themselves unknown - to the whole world, let alone the experimentors.
The effects weren't unknown though. If you read TiHKAL/PiHKAL's chemistry section you'll notice that Shulgin often quotes or references earlier research (military, academic, medical) that gives an idea about a chemical's effects. Also, remember that Shulgin has a very high level of understanding re: chemistry, neurochemistry, and pharmacology. Although he made educated guesses as to how some of his modified molecules would act, he had the education needed to predict results based on the structural modifications. In summary, I imagine he very rarely, if ever, took a compound where he was completely unaware of the possible range of effects.

Will be trying this Chem for the first time very soon. Have a fair bit of experience with psychs.
Will be trying at a party, so a social setting, 20mg.

Am thinking about mixing with another more party drug for the night. But only have access to Mephedrone and MDEA.
Any opinions?

I've mixed it with MDEA - worked well for me. I know I did 25mg of 2c-b, but I can't remember the MDEA dosage.

:)

Merged in a question about 2C-B and requesting advice on it.

Unless the guy who pressed those pills is on this site, nobody's going to be able to tell you the dosage per pill you have. The 2C-B dose/response curve is pretty steep (10mg or so makes a huge difference), so I don't really know how to approach the situation. I'd just take however many your dealer told you to take, that's really the only way to avoid disappointment and making a huge psychedelic commitment at the same time. If that's not an option, take two, then maybe an hour into it, if you're not happy, take another one, and go from there. Nobody's going to be able to give you the advice you want, though :/

Probably a bit late now but if they're the blue/grey Mickey Mouse ones they've been lab tested at 7-10mg.

It should be relatively safe I believe, but everyone I know that's combined coke and psychedelics has found the combo counter productive.

I doubt it's even close to healthy but it probably won't kill you in moderation. I couldn't say for sure though and wouldn't combine them myself. MDMA + coke is a shitty high and coke is shitty with all psyches, in my experience. Sounds like a recipe for all-round shittiness, to be honest. But each to their own. I'd advise caution if anyone were to combine the two cos 2C-B can be pretty damn stimulating itself.

Also, welcome to BL :)

It's bad in the sense that it may not be very effective unless you up your dose a fair bit but, as long as you don't make a habit of it, it shouldn't be a problem :)

yeah I would just suggest adding an extra 50-100% on top of what you took on day one, when you do it on day 2 - as the tolerance would probably give you no visuals otherwise, but just a nice warm happy feeling and some nice euphoria etc.

Do you mean 2c-b-fly? How much you are paid for it? I found a shop selling 500mg for *some* USD. Should i buy from there?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Nup. 2C-B-fly is a different chemical. A very controversial one currently as the stuff recently being sold as 2C-B-fly was actually mislabeled Bromo-Dragonfly and people died of overdoses - dose of 2c-B-fly is measured in milligrammes, B-DFLY is measured in microgrammes. I'd be very cautious with anything sold as 2C-B-fly and definitely test it with Marquis and don't take more than maybe 100ug (not mg) and titrate up slowly. If it's the mislabeled stuff it will kill you if you take a 2C-B-fly dose.

Check out The B&D 2C-B-fly Thread and the Tainted 2C-B-fly Thread for more details. It's vital you know for sure which one you have if you choose to acquire any. Mix-ups have been lethal.

Also, I've edited the price you mention as we don't really discuss prices on BL - it's unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.